hulika

Author Topic: New album review: The Eagles - "Long Road Out Of Eden"  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
New album review: The Eagles - "Long Road Out Of Eden"
« on: November 23, 2007, 12:35:57 PM »
The Eagles, band that brought timeless classics such as "Hotel California," "Desperado," "Best of My Love" and "Tequila Sunrise," recently released "Long Road Out of Eden," their first studio album in twenty-eight years. Now sporting a streamlined member lineup with Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Timothy B. Schmit and Joe Walsh (guitarist Don Felder was fired in 2001), their new tunes still have everything you'd expect from the band: their ever-popular vocal harmonies, tasty instrumentation, great arrangement and as a result, very memorable songs. The twenty-song double disc album starts of with the vocal-oriented "No More Walks In The Wood" then suddenly shifts to a country vibe with J.D. Souther's "How Long." From there, the listeners are treated to a journey through the Eagles' different eras; folk to country to ballads to classic rockin' and rollin'.

Are the Eagles back? Definitely. Age hasn't slowed down these sextagenarians' creative juices. "Long Road Out Of Eden" is a must-buy for all music-lovers.

Verdict: 8.5/10

Tracks to listen to:

- How Long
- What Do I Do With My Heart
- I Don't Want To Hear Any More
- Somebody
- Business As Usual
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 01:59:49 PM by Poundcake »
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: New album review: The Eagles - "Long Road Out Of Eden"
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 01:36:15 AM »
... I love those trademark Joe Walsh licks on "how long"... pati yung vocal  harmonies eh patented...
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 02:43:31 PM »
Great review! Will buy a copy as soon as I hit the malls!
This forumite is a different person:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?action=profile;u=43394
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 02:09:09 AM »
just bought one for my mom... can't wait for her to open it so i can have a listen din. hehe.  :-D