The Musician Forums > Guitar Central

Survival Guide to Guitar Central (based on A True Story)

<< < (5/18) > >>

deltaslim:

--- Quote from: siore on August 02, 2010, 03:08:10 AM ---... what I've learned through a few years on here is to be careful with wording my posts so that owners of gear I don't like won't be [as] offended.  Instead of 'sucked', 'messed up design', 'ditch that pedal', 'why not just get a XXXX', etc... just say it didn't work out for you and your setup.  Wala namang masama dun, and does not reflect in any way on your playing experience.  Same deal I guess with positive comments.  Instead of saying 'the best', 'this kills the XXXX', or 'your XXXX won't stand against my XXXX', maybe just say it's different, and that it's more suited to your tastes and application?  Or you just plain like it.

--- End quote ---

Good point and this is actually a corollary of one of the lessons. Dinagdag ko na. Thanks

juan_portnoy:
Yun! Stickied na!

siore: Very well said papi. Positive phrasing goes a long long way here in PM. Ika nga sa isa pang forum site - "You are what you post" hehe.  :-)

Poundcake:
Hay naku. Sakit yan ng karamihan dito kasi. The infamous gear wars. There will come a time when one will ultimately say, "Screw GAS, I just wanna play!" because as much as we love guitar equipment (I used to be one of the biggest boutique freaks here), it won't matter much if we don't start using our gear to play music that is meaningful to us. But on the other hand, we need at least decent to good sounding equipment to be able to convey our musical messages with enough clarity.

May this guide lessen the equipment-related wars here! Please lang! Hehe :)

maxi_musikero:
solid points Joric!  obviously can only be gathered thru years of experience and being active in the GC community.   :-D

definitely agree with the points on tone, in that it is ear and preference-dependent, and not wallet-dependent.

shredmaestrobri:

--- Quote from: Poundcake on August 02, 2010, 09:58:11 AM ---Hay naku. Sakit yan ng karamihan dito kasi. The infamous gear wars. There will come a time when one will ultimately say, "Screw GAS, I just wanna play!" because as much as we love guitar equipment (I used to be one of the biggest boutique freaks here), it won't matter much if we don't start using our gear to play music that is meaningful to us. But on the other hand, we need at least decent to good sounding equipment to be able to convey our musical messages with enough clarity.

May this guide lessen the equipment-related wars here! Please lang! Hehe :)

--- End quote ---

you got it mod! thumbs up!

even john suhr said that most tone issues are solved with good technique or practice. something along that line.

kung guitarist a vs. guitarist b argument wala na ngang nangyayari equipment pa kaya!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version