hulika

Author Topic: DEC or Harmonic Converger for MultiFx(Reviews/Questions/Users Experiences)  (Read 63037 times)

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
Hello Guys  :-D

Familiar with Radtone's HARMONIC CONVERGER?? If not read this..
http://harmonicconverger.com/HC_Home.html

Here's what Mr. Kewlpack a very distinguished well known man in the field of MultiFx and he quoted this.

Well, I've come by my very own Harmonic Converger from Radley (aka Hadley Hockensmith). I've been putting it through the paces and all I can say is: I'm very impressed with the way this little box improves the tone of my MFXs!

It kills the fizz - dead... and brings the tone right up front and center. It gets rid of that "distant/miked" sound that MFXs are notorious for. It does more than I could ever achieve with EQ alone (believe me, I've tried for a long time!). It brings a thick, punchy quality to the tones. The variable "drive" knob allows you to dial in as much or as little effect as you want. I like it between 40-60%. As you go over 50%, the effect adds a little more bite.

The patches feel and sound tighter overall. Once you put this thing into your rig, you'll never want to go without it again. We've all read lots of posts and info on the Internet about the Harmonic Converger... IMHO, Hearing will do more explaining than I could describe in any post.

Here are some more astonishing reviews how superb is HC on Product&Review at HARMONY CENTRAL website..

http://www.harmonycentral.com/products/103982

I recently (GAS)bought to own my Harmonic Converger  :lol:

Now that I owned both and have a chance to do benchmarking I was surprise the effects and amazed they both respond 99.99% workalike :-o Wow was I GASed for 10k plus including custom tax duty and western Union payment fees  :oops:

What is DEC anyway? to gave you an idea

What’s in the name…. DEC
That’s what you get DIGITAL ENHANCER CLEANER…in a stompbox form or format.

SYNOPSES

The DEC circuit was designed primarily to eliminate and suppress digital FIZZ, an obnoxious form byproduct of distortion especially on multiFX and modeler and to those alike. Such overdrive/distortion tones have a bogus-sounding harmonics loathsome which are due and inherent to the total mixing of analog signal into digital processing either by analog to digital (A/D)conversion and/or after (D/A)digital to analog conversion process in a multiFX unit (some say this is call aliasing).  With the help of the DEC stomp, this would function as filter in refining out by removing those highgain artifacts or digital FIZZ (aliasing) yield during or after processing hence maintaining sonically the modeler’s true integrity sounding effect with great results in clarity outcome.  What it also does is dynamically modify and correct the high-frequency harmonics which then restore the delicate harmonic structure lost through or with in the signal processing for those multiple effect units. It is well suited to studio work where it can have a very huge impact on the clarity and definition when recording sound.

DEC stomp also not only clean out but enhances and restore certain tube-amp essence of authentic timbre to Preamp modelers and OD/DS simulator, thus its circuit ability is design to make the modeler sound more tube like (tubey) with well define and improve sounding as digitally FIZZ free and more akin to analog sound. The DEC stomp not only refine the tonality, but makes the overall "feel" & "playability" of the modeler effects better thus giving you greatly reduce amount of time requires to program *tweak* your pro-sounding patches and/or help you easily in achieving and finding your elusive sweet sounding spot.  It also makes more of the Simulated Preamp and Cab/Speaker/Mics and OD/DS models in your modeler usable by giving you the exact descriptive tone of what the multi-effects unit was suppose and designed for.

Regarding Fizz, Distortion, and MP3s -

'Fizz' is a very subtle artifacts and not everyone is hearing it that’s why many not to admit they are true because fizz is deceptive phenomenon. It is more become deceptive when processed through MP3 compression & encoding. MP3s do most of their compression on the higher frequencies, and so it is the highs that are the less accurate - they tend to get 'smeared', and this masks any sound comparisons that involve listening for fizz (unnatural hi-end response of overdriven/distorted tones) levels as opposed to 'natural' amp distortion. This is why I could not make a good recording demo clips for DEC and it’s more realistic to listen and to realize the effect in ACTUAL usage not on MP3 recorded demo.
It is best for you to hear and experience it personally  8-)

NOW the very purpose and reason of why I'm sharing this to all multiFX aficionado was to share my experience and fun using both unit and to let you realized with these tools available you can enhance more and take your mulitFX into unknown perspective with new dimension plus get most out of it.   :mrgreen:

Roger

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:21:16 PM by rogeryu »

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
Re: DEC or Harmonic Converger for MultiFx
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:27:39 PM »
ka roger, great to hear that the HC and DEC are similar!  like you i've been gassing for one since my gt-10 days. 

in what way is it like the DEC?  and at what knob level of the DEC does it emulate it closest?
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline avatar

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »
wow bumigay ka na talaga sa HC GAS mo!
mas maliit pa pala ang HC sa DEC

same question as tapslore...at what knob level sila match sa DEC?

Offline TGIW

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 04:37:56 PM »
Surellyyyyyy.. I will test and make one!!!!

Thanks for the review... sir Roger...!!!!
Hope it solves my digital fizz :-D
Are You The Man From Afghanistan??? - George W. Bush

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 09:23:50 PM »
To answer that, SURPRISINGLY AMAZED both unit knob from the start counter clockwise up to mid to fully clockwise the effects gradually works AS IS or THE SAME  :-D
Kudos to you all DEC owner/users, congratulations and I am gratefully thankful for all your faith and trust given on me. Of course I never failed you guys  :-D
I'm 100% surely mauuna na naman si InkslingerX makarating para personally masubukan ang HC ko hehehhhehe :lol: Gamitin mo nlng DEC mo parang nasubukan mo na rin ang HC  :wink:
BTW all of you guys are very very much welcome at my house to test probe it yourself. You can even bring along your MultiFX any brand and BOTH try it out  :lol:

wOOt!!!

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 08:05:39 AM »
wow bumigay ka na talaga sa HC GAS mo!
mas maliit pa pala ang HC sa DEC

same question as tapslore...at what knob level sila match sa DEC?

Comrade Avatar,
First I tried HC fully clockwise and counter-clockwise that way so to find if the effects is working and its functioning. Immediately noticed its just somewhat the same then I preformed benchmarking both unit set both individual unit at counter clock wise (both fizz is evident) until 9'clock both same gradually smoothing out the fizz not only the fizz but both tonality becomes more as is the same, then to 12 mid its sounded both analog plus fizzless characteristic tone (you know what I mean you have your own DEC) later to 1-2 to 3 up to fully clockwise men its totally the same(thanks to my intuitive modification to our DEC spot on!).  The truth is that I became more confident that DEC is what HC is in effect and response.
This is between us DEC owner/user at first out of curiousity to the passive HC unit I GASed and bought HC that way I could revise or do some mod more on fizz suppressor to work and sound as exact as the real McCoy, surprisingly amazed its already exact and i'm glad that I bought it co'z this would not just be an assumption but as a proof evidence for both unit demoing and to warrant or attest that our DEC is truely genuine indeed.

BTW I don't want to compete with Rad and we don't want to get envolved with HC users also co'z surely they would be freak out shelling much cost and never never will admit no other cheap solution exist plus their opinion can be bend co'z they don't have DEC on hand  :-D

Radley knew that I'm offering my Fizz Suppressor just locally we constantly communicate through email and a gentlement he is. You knew that Tapslore when Blackdogg gave fizz suppressor demo clip before on BossGTcental and immediately Rad curiosly asked "Did you build it yourself or did you buy it online?
remember?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's some of Radley's comments/view and response to me and its no biggie to him  :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roger,

Rest assured that I do not feel you are trying to infringe on "specific HC territory". I believe it is good when musicians learn more about the electronic side of the sonic equation. Is there a specific reason why you have so far avoided posting an electronic schematic for the considerable DIY crowd here? Perhaps you're still tweaking critical values? No biggie....

~Radley~

And he's also interested seeing the basic schem :lol:
Roger,

I also would be interested in seeing the basic schematic - I have a collection of thousands at home :o) It's always interesting to see someone else's approach to circuit design. Regarding the HC sales, I haven't decided if I'm ready to commit to that big of an operation, but I will have plenty of time to think about this when we're done touring in January.

I have not visited any DIY sites for years so I'm kind of out of touch - if you have any links to the best ones, could you please send (or post) them for me? It would be much appreciated :o)

Good luck in your DIY endeavors!

~Hadley~ (Rad)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And gentlemently kind with no hesitation recommending that....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roger,

Thanks for doing the work - like I said earlier, I think it's great that so many musicians are learning about electronics, and how this knowledge allows them to tweak their amps & effects to sound as they prefer.

I highly recommend this to any player who is the least bit technically minded & is willing to invest a little time into the "electronic art of tone"

I have a quick question about the circuit you built: what happens sonically as you turn the pot from one extreme to the other - does it ever achieve bypass? (flat response)

~Rad~

===============================================================
To BEST answer his last question, he can build the DEC or order one from me  :-D
===============================================================

@Tapslore, comrade your DEC is a magic pair with your X3live. I test using it Post Config and zero mix and adjust the X3l send/return dB. I can't recall exact coz I tested out in Perfect Pitch. Just experiment you can use any to get you at the ballpark. Goodluck. 

Roger

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 09:22:17 AM »
i'm actually trying to figure out how i'm going to incorporate it into my rig :-D.  i have a pretty complex setup, with tube input and output buffers+eq straight into twin sonic stomps - my signal's pretty tweaked at this point.  but the DEC is great at making this "analog" sound - great for certain mid-gain and hi-gain sounds, but i prefer it off for clean sounds.  unfortunately the X3L doesn't have the "amp control" jack so i can't rig the Pod to control it from the interface - i really miss the gt-10's tweakability.
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »
To answer that, SURPRISINGLY AMAZED both unit knob from the start counter clockwise up to mid to fully clockwise the effects gradually works AS IS or THE SAME  :-D
Kudos to you all DEC owner/users, congratulations and I am gratefully thankful for all your faith and trust given on me. Of course I never failed you guys  :-D
I'm 100% surely mauuna na naman si InkslingerX makarating para personally masubukan ang HC ko hehehhhehe :lol: Gamitin mo nlng DEC mo parang nasubukan mo na rin ang HC  :wink:
BTW all of you guys are very very much welcome at my house to test probe it yourself. You can even bring along your MultiFX any brand and BOTH try it out  :lol:

wOOt!!!

haha, sinabi mo pa. pasyal ako jan sometime gusto ko matry yang HC :-D try natin response sa seven string   :evil:

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »
i'm actually trying to figure out how i'm going to incorporate it into my rig :-D.  i have a pretty complex setup, with tube input and output buffers+eq straight into twin sonic stomps - my signal's pretty tweaked at this point.  but the DEC is great at making this "analog" sound - great for certain mid-gain and hi-gain sounds, but i prefer it off for clean sounds.  unfortunately the X3L doesn't have the "amp control" jack so i can't rig the Pod to control it from the interface - i really miss the gt-10's tweakability.

DEC and HC doesn't have any effect on clean sound and thats its magic  :lol:  It is virtually OFF even (DEC) is switch ON! and your clean is as clear and transparent similar to true bypass effect. It only kicks in when it detect mild signal overdrive or mid distortion up to highgain digital signal where its function is to remove the fizz sizzling (aliasing) and ice picky warbling digital sounding and enhancing it to a warm analog sound plus the bonus is DEC switch is a true bypass unit  :-D
Test it with just your clean guitar into DEC out into clean channel amp, switch ON and OFF its totally the same you'll hear what i mean so you need not or don't even need to switch it OFF as you said :mrgreen:     

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 02:44:31 PM »
haha, sinabi mo pa. pasyal ako jan sometime gusto ko matry yang HC :-D try natin response sa seven string   :evil:

Wow may Seven Dwarfs ka na  :-o dalhin mo para ma testing din sa units  :-D

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »
@ rogeryu this is a silly question, do you actually try DEC pairing to a highgain pedal? to compensate mids and treble? any good or bad results?

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 12:14:23 AM »
@ rogeryu this is a silly question, do you actually try DEC pairing to a highgain pedal? to compensate mids and treble? any good or bad results?

Pardon I don't quite get your question? Im not sure but maybe this would answer somewhat to that...you knew that I have the DEC long before and I'm using it and sharing exquisite experiences with it to everyone in our "Boss GT10 users thread" This even to those skeptic (One who instinctively have doubts, or disagrees with assertions and I don't want to drop names about DEC heheheh) Recently I GASed to owned HC (10,188.62 pesos to be exact thats include my payment to Western Union plus charges fee including Custom duty tax when I claimed it at Las Pinas Post office ) What a premium GAS truely is  :x
BTW themetallikid the former owner migrated to AxeFX thats the reason why he sell it to me. Now that I own truely the genuine device (I even skip from work that day when custom post office text me out that the package has arrived co'z I've been back and forth following up if package from USA for me had been arrived and with two strenuously attempt with no avail so I left and leave my number if ever so) Sorry for the long intro heheeehh... sa madaling salita excited ako pag uwi ko ginamit ko agad yong Harmonic Converger dahil eager and curious ako....set it up all the moment I fired it Boom  :-o to my very amazed the effect SOUNDED similar to my DEC effects on each every patches (Clean/Overdrive/Distortion/Highgain)!!!!! To really find out if my very sense of hearing or tone deaf na ata I then played my patch WITHOUT dec OF COURSE then make a phrase dry raw recorded loop (you know GT10 has a loop phrase co'z you owned one before) then PLAY the LOOP and A/B both unit waaaaaaa its 99.99% pala  :-o
Again, looky this i'm not endorsing DEC and not promoting or merchandizing it but only just to PROBE to my ownself what Radley's genuine against DEC unit (with my own intuitive modification thats is kept as my own intellectual property as of now) and to
consequently answer those many PM questions to me about DEC previously up to presently like now you asking about it.

With this probing I made, I am now very much fully well confident using my DEC and gainfully back all the precious(family)time exchange to just doing research, trial and error and hardship evaluating.

IF and in MY OWN opinion I may say to all that DEC is truly genuine as it is and has solved my lone quest solution for my multiFX need (thats include those skeptic) YOU ARE MOST WELCOME personally to check it out comparing it both units yourself or bring your own multiFX :-D

Hurry up, I may sell it co'z I need back the steep cost I shell it out  :lol: This is your change to get hold and experience Radley's controversial HARMONIC CONVERGER.

Now to those none believer to HARMONIC CONVERGER or dispise and contempt as they say Snake Oil well thats good maybe unworhty you don't need it and very much satified and sufficiently happy with your multiFX. Afterall when it sound good to you as they said it good isn't?  

My primordial objective on why I open/started up this thread is for those who don't know not anything at all about it and this might help or maybe the solution or answer to the struggling what's you've been searching for  :-)

Hope I did answered your question right, anyway as I said everyone is WELCOME to check it out.

BTW Kindly don't PM me, I recently receiving PMs about DEC repeatably same questions and my inbox is being full but you can just email me at decstomp@yahoo.com so as not to mix up with my personal email address! and pls if you're curious that your type of multiFx suited for this, just post asked it here so anyone or everyone that may know. Anyway i'll later post which of the multiFX I tried when I (not just me) test drive the DEC unit to those multiFX. And if you want many testimony of previous and current DEC users who availed including sample clips you can read the thread "Boss GT10 user's thread" This doesn't also means DEC is solely suited just for Boss GT10  :wink: Anyhow I will also post some sample clips plus documented pictures here in due time :) We have many schedule band practice rehearsal plus new added songs coming up for 2 invitations and for our own company overnight summer outing.  
Ciao,
Roger

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:32:12 PM by rogeryu »

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 09:27:40 AM »
One of the DEC testing site at Perfect Pitch with InkslingerX and Olan himself.
PodX3 has no Send/Return facility BUT it would be more great for PodX3 Live which has this feature.
Guitar>PodX3>DEC>FlextoneIII(return) to bypass amp preamp.  

STILL what a Gizmo  :lol:

SO with Patrick of Perfect Pitch (galing nito mag guitara si Olan din) :mrgreen:

Guitar>PodXtLive>DEC>FlextoneIII (return) Even not using the XtLive S/R feature

Kris with Patrick and Me  :-D

Many of you knew these expert (connoisseur)if I may say so co'z truely they are! They knew very well TUBE sounding or NOT and they have lot of years knowledge based on their job selling/demoing even own playing themself using various Analog pedals or Digital multiFx different Tube or Solid-state AMP that is why IMO their experiences is a plus factor. :wink:

You can check and verify with them at Main Yupangco, no hassle they are (so far I think) the most accommodating and gentlemanly indeed!

Kudos to both of them and thanks man \m/

EDIT also to Kris and InkslingerX sorry I forgot  :x

Ciao,

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:33:14 AM by rogeryu »

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
Here as I promised to give out some clips.
BTW use the headphone(closed ear 32ohm) also depend on the brand to best monitor the sample clips. As I mentioned before it is hard to capture the Fizz (Aliasing) recording and MP3 wouldn't justify doing it, that is why you should personally hear and experience it  :-)
All of the clips were recorded just by Guitar>BossGT10 sim modeling >GTsend>DEC>GTreturn>GT USB out>computer USB (using just AUDACITY) DAW

Here just a plain patch distortion sim with clean preamp sim model
First the DEC is ON then OFF then ON and OFF and ON and so forth just to show you Fizz Aliasing to those who still don't familiar with.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8185361
ANY CHANGES in TIMBRE (tone color)? IMHO only the sizzling plate sorry hehehe Ugly Sizzling Fizz was cleaned out and sound stay as it is. IF YOU RESORT TO just EQing this so called FIZZ I'm very much sure you will only totally change and compromise the core tonality of the signal sound and yet still FIZZ is evident.

Here again just the same patch and tweaked to add just delay and reverb and the DEC is ON all the way!
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8147070

Once more but not the same patch this is my patch for our Sweet Child GnR.
First the DEC is ON and then half of the portion DEC is switch OFF

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7107476

Very Analog sounding yes parang di multiFX more focused with well realistic tone with more clarity and definition when the DEC is ON then with OFF its night and day! With drastic digital harsh and warbling fizziness especially the lead note.
Judge for yourself maybe I'm wrong, its only my opinion di ba  :wink: Choose your weapon  :-D

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:04:47 PM by rogeryu »

Offline drick

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 10:02:44 PM »
sir rogeryu, please check ur email.. interested with ur DEC, thanks!

Offline drick

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 08:14:09 AM »
sir roger, please reserve one for me.. kunin ko 1st week of May, thanks!

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 08:55:27 AM »
sir roger, please reserve one for me.. kunin ko 1st week of May, thanks!

Which one Harmonic Converger or DEC ??  :-D

Anyway, if you noticed I made slight change on this thread subject to broaden our theme so topic much would be expand and extend informative one solution (there's many others too) for multiFX users especially to/or multiFX aspirant wannabe  :-)

Inquiries are well most comfy welcome (Multi user or not) and be answered by links or to the very best knowledge I (we) could answer to any query questions with our own personal views, usage and testimonial experiences especially on DEC and also thats include Harmonic Converger users (Filipino) here and abroad.

BTW, there are Seven DEC users as of now and if I can resemble in descending order correctly, here's their username here.

Rogeryu (Las Pinas)
InkslingerX (Cavite)
Tapslore (Makati)
24frets (Batangas City)
Edz536 (Bagiuo City)
Gerrit (....)

ummmhhhh, Lucky 7 isn't it  :-D

I read somewhere Nargalzius is a Filipino and never knew me or him but his nice BLOG lift and awoke me up to realization during my quest search or research for my solution  :-o
THANKS for passing the envelop, whoever you are my friend I owe you one  :wink: 

http://www.nargalzius.com/blog/archives/2007/06/01/review-harmonic-converger/

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:34:32 PM by rogeryu »

Offline edz536

• Philmusicus Noobitus
This is a repost pulled-out from the GT-10 thread:

So how's my D.E.C. stomp doing?

Simply put.... it WORKS!!!    :-D
Here's how I tested the device.
As suggested by Sir Roger, I hooked it up in the GT-10's FX loop and used a closed earphone to monitor the sound.  Selected a fairly high gain preset (stock / unedited) in the GT-10.  Played an open chord at full distortion (fizzy sounding) and once I activated the D.E.C., (knob at 12:00) the fizz was noticeably eliminated.

My acquisition of the D.E.C. was really a bang for my buck and well worth it.
IMHO, the GT-10 and the D.E.C. stomp is a good combination where you can dial in your custom tone without fear of venturing in the high gain / high freq zone.

You should own one too!  A great asset to your arsenal of gadgetry.  For the musician with a discerning ear for tone, this is a must have!

Two thumbs up to the guy who started it all... Sir Roger.    :mrgreen:
Gear:  Jackson DK2S; Ibanez GRG270 CA; Ibanez GTA10; Laney LV100; Boss GT-10; Boss HM; Boss DS2; Boss TU-8; Behringer UF100; D.E.C. Stomp by R.Yu (5,000 ft. above sea-level)

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
This is a repost pulled-out from the GT-10 thread:

So how's my D.E.C. stomp doing?

Simply put.... it WORKS!!!    :-D
Here's how I tested the device.
As suggested by Sir Roger, I hooked it up in the GT-10's FX loop and used a closed earphone to monitor the sound.  Selected a fairly high gain preset (stock / unedited) in the GT-10.  Played an open chord at full distortion (fizzy sounding) and once I activated the D.E.C., (knob at 12:00) the fizz was noticeably eliminated.

My acquisition of the D.E.C. was really a bang for my buck and well worth it.
IMHO, the GT-10 and the D.E.C. stomp is a good combination where you can dial in your custom tone without fear of venturing in the high gain / high freq zone.

You should own one too!  A great asset to your arsenal of gadgetry.  For the musician with a discerning ear for tone, this is a must have!

Two thumbs up to the guy who started it all... Sir Roger.    :mrgreen:

Nah...you sir edz536 is the one who is great co'z you have a discerning ear for a \m/TONE\m/
Keep on rockin  :mrgreen:

Offline batangnon

nice thread bro, @rogeryu, bro paPM nman kung how much ang DEC, and your place sana if i can test my multiFx (korgAX3000G). thanks! :-D
God has given us the reason to live <br /><br />Let us follow him

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
nice thread bro, @rogeryu, bro paPM nman kung how much ang DEC, and your place sana if i can test my multiFx (korgAX3000G). thanks! :-D

Sir thanks, I will just post it here so that other would may also know if they are just nearby my area/place and could bring along their own Mfx.

Address
Block 4 Lot 14 Australia St.
Veraville Townhomes Classic, Talon Uno
Las Pinas City

Landmark
Near just SM Southmall Las Pinas

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
Two PM received asking me (AVATAR/OMEN) how much you bought the HC so I replied "Allow me na lang to post all the document and receipt and i'll scan it so next same inquiry i'll just link that post"

Before that:
Jason Allwardt from Wisconsin offered me his mint condition HC for only $175 and I said okey can you send it Door to door so I would not pay for Custom duty and tax, he replied "man it will take you more if i send it to you but I can only send through USPS Priority small flat box for $13 and we are even" Okey then kindly declare it just as an ADAPTOR and lessen the value" He told me "I'll see what I can do".

My Western Union payment receipt

Breakdown I pay P9,000 with change P196.38 Date of payment 03/25/2010
The total USD 189 x 46.58 rate that time
($175 + 14 USD send charge)
Later I sent the MTCN number to him through email.

April 13, 2010 I received txt msg but before that twice na akong pabalik balik sa Post Office asking my small Priority Mail iniwan ko na lang cell number siguro nag daan Holyweek maraming vacation kaya natagalan.

Here's the packaging box dated 3-29-10 pinadala niya.

He declared it $150  :? I can't blame the guy kasi anything happened insurance base there computation siguro sa package declaration value.

Then sabi sa akin Sir bayaran mo muna sa counter ito may papel siyang ina bot eh P35 pesos di ko matandaan naka sulat ito.

Pag balik ko sa kanya pila uli may kumukuhang iba. pag dating sa akin Sir bubuksan natin ha.. after opening it pumasok sa office nag hintay ako lumabas
inabot ito  :-o

Kayo nalng mag compute nalulula at naluhaluha ako  :cry:
Sabi ko ito lahat babayaran ko yong nasa baba :? Pasok ka Sir sa office kausapin mo yon nasa loob.
Humihingi ako ng discount sabi niya sige tangalin natin nalng CUSTOMS DOCUMENTARY STAMP P250 /IMPORT PROCESING FEE P250 / BIR STAMP P15

Grand total ko 10,188.62 pesos o nagkakamali ako? labas pa nga half day ako sa work....

EDIT: Sir, i'm not tossing picture and story here (mga kaibigan/ka forum) just my very ownself experience lang.

Thanks guys for reading it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:41:26 AM by rogeryu »

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
@edz536 and to other DEC user

Patches(sample) I sent it to all is a my RECORDING direct to USB computer DAW or Headphone use ha. Its a Jump start I may say so and it can be readily be use (without guitar amp) DIRECT for PA mixing desk by using L/mono and Right output of the GT10 because its stereo patches. (but you have to adjust the reverb and some FX even the patch volume level to your likings)

This is just to guide you for the first time how you can perceive and relate to aliasing then later tweak with your own patches with DEC engage to maximize the use of the DEC whatever routing you needs (with Preamp modeller direct level on cab or none, FRFR system or Guitar amp, Front input or Return input especially for live loud or home level plus venue)
Note: we all (individual) have different and various guitar/rig.

Just read and follow the Instructions first then download (using GT10 librarian)test with the patches sample(Clean/Overdrive/Distortion/Highgain/Metal) THEN go on later with your ownself tweak to your very own sweet spot and routing needs.

Thanks.   

Offline drick

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Got my DEC just this afternoon.. :)
All I can say is WoOOOooOw!! never had this great sound from my GT-10 or any multifx I had!!
A must gadget for every multifx users!!
Thanks sir roger for introducing it to us.. and for being very accomodating :)

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
@Comrade Rogeryu

Is the fizz suppression noticeable even during non-recording scenarios (i.e. thru a loud amp).

Kailan ka magpapa GT10/DEC party? :D