hulika

Author Topic: Just a suggestion guys: How about an overdrive and distortion pedal tone party?  (Read 43263 times)

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Just a suggestion guys: How about an overdrive and distortion pedal tone par
« Reply #400 on: November 12, 2007, 10:28:55 PM »
Hey folks!

Damn, having tech issues with posting, I posted earlier and nothing popped out... hmmm  :oops:

Anyways, thank you all heaps for having me! It was a blast to hang out and see everyone, and meet new folks that I never got to previously. And of course, mess with all of those toys! It was like throwing a 14 year old kid into the playboy mansion  :mrgreen:

It was only a while ago when I backread that I found out that Joric nominated me! Buti I showed up, heheheheh... I wish I could've stayed alot longer, wanted to hear joric, mark and johnboy play, and hang out more. The triumvirate of taste, them folks  :wink:

Oh, Paulo! The Openhaus is THE mutt's nuts! I wish I had more time to have dialed in something even better, but as a "go to" pedal, it shines. truly amazing!

I wished I was around earlier though, during the tubezone portion. I understand that one of the parameters of the test was to have everything at unity, and mess with the gain knob? The TZ demands a huge learning curve, having mine for roughly half a year, i'm only coming to terms with it. A different setting for all 6 knobs for every different amp per venue! (not counting the internal presence trim pot! which effects a big change) I'm sure the openhaus needs devotion too, to milk the best of what its got.

Suggestion lang, concerning the pedal settings should there be a sequel:

Perhaps each respective owner should be allowed to dial in the sweet spot of the pedal. Thats the only way i feel a pedal could be given a fighting chance, as not everything is swell in unity gain for all features.

I wish I brought my bakemono along, i'd like to hear how it'd fare, will do so for sure this time around. And should I be nominated again (kelangan pala humbucker loaded for the distortion portion), my elegee custom, with all your indulgence, should be well worn by that time and ready.

You guys all rule! Its great how we're all buddies (sniff sniff)

hey Anton, feel free to drop by and tweaK the openhaus!! your more than welcome! :-) basta yung lessons ko ha!?  :-)
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Just a suggestion guys: How about an overdrive and distortion pedal tone par
« Reply #401 on: November 12, 2007, 10:36:04 PM »
panalo talaga yang openhaus TZ

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #402 on: November 12, 2007, 11:34:46 PM »
eto na yung ibang pics natin, naglowbatt agad camera ko hindi gaano nacharge

http://ibanezman.multiply.com/photos/photo/3/1

Ayos! 

We have more pics from the camera of mike/ibanezman and the owner of the bar (pucha. i keep forgetting his name!). 

Maganda ung shots dun, halos lahat tayo nakuhanan.

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #403 on: November 12, 2007, 11:40:08 PM »
thanks nga pala sa inyo Justin, Pope, Endy, Dyorel at Balta for the ride, at ang sarap ng keema nagugutom tuloy ulit ako hahaha

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #404 on: November 12, 2007, 11:42:13 PM »
lupet talaga mag gitara nila Joric (soul), Psychic Sushi, Bluenote, Kawayan Strat  :-)

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #405 on: November 12, 2007, 11:55:28 PM »
nalasing ka ba? haha salamat sa last bottle ng beer bago ako umuwi, sunod jam ulit :-D

P O T A H ! ! !

Nalashing ako...  :-D :-P

Sushi... "I'm not worthy.. I'm not worthy..."

Blown away ako sa blues jam ni Sir Joric and Johnboy ...

Mga mamaw kayo!!!!!  :-D

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #406 on: November 13, 2007, 12:46:58 AM »
Sir Mark sayang rin di rin tayo ng meet
 but I bet you were the last guy who jammed with bluenote am I right?
hopefully next time i do get to meet wth you sir
and galeng.. u got some sweet playing man
Yup,that was me. :-D

Offline Pope

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Hey everyone,

I'd just like to thank you all for having and including me in such an exhiliarating experience!!

Wow, It was great to meet so many talented guitarists/musicians and see them in their element, as well as the rest of the pedalus addictus' from the forum, hehe.
Sayang I wasnt able to meet everyone.. Maybe in the next EB?

To those who jammed, wow... IDOl ko kayong lahat!
Makes me happy and proud to see our country just bursting with so much talent!!
Truly inspiring...
What a fun night! thanks again everyone!
'til the next one.  :lol:

Godspeed, and more power to Philmusic!

- Pope  :-D
" Both feet planted firmly on the clouds..."

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #408 on: November 13, 2007, 01:00:00 AM »
Hey everyone,

I'd just like to thank you all for having and including me in such an exhiliarating experience!!

Wow, It was great to meet so many talented guitarists/musicians and see them in their element, as well as the rest of the pedalus addictus' from the forum, hehe.
Sayang I wasnt able to meet everyone.. Maybe in the next EB?

To those who jammed, wow... IDOl ko kayong lahat!
Makes me happy and proud to see our country just bursting with so much talent!!
Truly inspiring...
What a fun night! thanks again everyone!
'til the next one.  :lol:

Godspeed, and more power to Philmusic!

- Pope  :-D

O sya, bili na ng bagong overdrive at distortion pedal! :lol:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Pope

• Philmusicus Noobitus
O sya, bili na ng bagong overdrive at distortion pedal! :lol:

Hehe, Im getting a GT2 na! hehe
Tapos hintayin ko yun bagong project ni EJ! heheh
" Both feet planted firmly on the clouds..."

Offline legato

• Veteran Member
« Reply #410 on: November 13, 2007, 01:19:15 AM »
Was there for just a little while and was able to meet BAMF, nathan, ian, mrbrownstone and ejbasses (your pedals rock bro!). Apologies nga pala to nathan for taking his seat, it just so happened na si BAMF lang yun nakilala ko sa dami ng forumites dun and kala ko ala nakaupo sa seat mo sa stage. Ooops, my mistake bro! :-D

It sure was successful and hopefully there will be more in the near future. Props to everyone who organized this.

Offline jorelpogi

whats up everybody. it was great meeting you all

Offline greatwolf

« Reply #412 on: November 13, 2007, 08:24:41 AM »
Looks like everyone had a great time...more pictures please...

Sana meron ulit sa December or January.

ginblue

« Reply #413 on: November 13, 2007, 08:48:33 AM »
Hehe, Im getting a GT2 na! hehe
Tapos hintayin ko yun bagong project ni EJ! heheh

anong project?
bumili ako ng grit and hikari - lupet!!!

Offline BiliBidboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #414 on: November 13, 2007, 12:15:50 PM »
Is this possible?

on the next EB,Tone party pwede kaya mag setup ng 2 drumsets? :-D o masyado magulo na? just a suggestion.
X-DW user...SPAUN convert!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #415 on: November 13, 2007, 12:19:29 PM »
Is this possible?

on the next EB,Tone party pwede kaya mag setup ng 2 drumsets? :-D o masyado magulo na? just a suggestion.

i can provide one :D
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #416 on: November 13, 2007, 10:06:31 PM »
hey Anton, feel free to drop by and tweaK the openhaus!! your more than welcome! :-) basta yung lessons ko ha!?  :-)

thanks dude! i will contact you when my sched eases again, i'll drop by and tweak the thing :) as for lessons, absolutely, I hope i can impart something meaningful  :-)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #417 on: November 13, 2007, 10:10:04 PM »
it was really nice to meet most of you personally, kasi madalas sa forums lang tayo nagkakakilala, nakakatuwa yung mga introduction tapos telling your philmusic name tapos real name, the same reactions would always be "AHHH, IKAW PALA YUN!!!" :-D

The gear was astonishing, after seeing people play, i just realized na i need to practice somemore, i'd was a joy getting to jam with sushi and just watching people have good time as well. After the jam i had with sushi, parang nahiya na ako tumogs, gagaling kasi. :-D

Can't wait for the next tone party or whatever, that was my first and definitely won't be my last.

hope more people would show up para full blast and magiging solid ang philmusic community.

likewise, dude, it was great to jam with you!

i was a happy clam that you came up and were willing to jam, there was no way in hell i'd go up there and play alone! i'm too chicken sh*t... thanks again! nice firebird, classy, and you're playing, good heavens, i felt the cheers, you wowed everyone, but i dont think they were as blown away as i was witnessing up close what you were doing  :evil:

part two please!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
I really envy you guys. I hope nextime I could be there to watch and mingle.  :-(

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #419 on: November 15, 2007, 03:29:47 AM »
hehe talagang pogi pa din ang gamit  :-D

whats up everybody. it was great meeting you all