hulika

Author Topic: hamer sunburst xt flat top vs. washburn idol WI14  (Read 6966 times)

Offline jefft

hamer sunburst xt flat top vs. washburn idol WI14
« on: February 28, 2006, 09:38:30 AM »
let make it 3 choices ... all are more or less 10k...

hamer sunburst xt flat top vs. washburn idol WI14 vs ibanez gax30

Guys, which is better among the 3??? Any comments??
" it's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do".

Offline nivleklive

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 12:09:50 PM »
Go with the Ibanez. The wood of the Ibanez just feels so much better compared to the Hamer and Washburn. You can always replace the pickups, tuners, and other hardware but you'll always be stuck with your guitar's wood :)

Check out the local pricing also... because Ibanez is handled by Audiophile, their prices seem to be very competitive even compared to online resellers.

But of course you should let your own eyes and hands be the final judge when choosing a guitar.

Good luck.
- live a life of little regret -

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 01:05:13 PM »
Ive tried a couple of Ibanez Gios and im honestly disappointed with the craftsmanship, but soundwise im not sure since i havent had the chance to plug one in yet. The Washburn WI14 is pretty nice. My only complain is the upper fret access which seems to be very uncomfortable. How much is it selling for these days. Last i checked was last year when it was selling for around 9k. It was on sale i believe.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 01:52:31 PM »
Quote from: Machine_Head
Ive tried a couple of Ibanez Gios and im honestly disappointed with the craftsmanship, but soundwise im not sure since i havent had the chance to plug one in yet. The Washburn WI14 is pretty nice. My only complain is the upper fret access which seems to be very uncomfortable. How much is it selling for these days. Last i checked was last year when it was selling for around 9k. It was on sale i believe.
weird...mine rocks...

BEFORE

STRIPPED...

NOW

...listen...
http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=3551192&key=DF98B822-8
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 04:25:06 PM »
The Ibanez GAX series are eye-catchers...
Is the GAX30 the only model that costs less than 10k?
And uh..I think Ibanez phased it out, wala na sa site nila.

The new AXS42 seems good too..with a very industrial look.  :lol:

Offline agentx44

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 04:51:17 PM »
GAX70 na lang ata ang meron, wala na yung GAX30. Pero baka may mabilhan pa nyan kung maghahanap ka, kahit sa used market.
soylent green is people.

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 04:59:38 PM »
Quote from: Phil
weird...mine rocks...

Sir im sure your's does after all the mods you've done on your grg150. Maybe the few that ive tried are bad copies. Im not saying the Gios are a bad bunch, its just that IMHO the Washburn WI14 is better.

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 09:07:50 PM »
I saw a GAX70 in Raon for 8750 lang ata. Basta less than 9k.
When I saw the guitar at first (I didn't know it was an Ibanez)... I thought it cost around 18k or so.
The transparent red finish is real classy...For a first guitar, this would be more unique (& for some, classier-looking) than a low-end strat. :D

That's why I'm interested in this guitar too. Super labo ang dreams ko of a PRS Santana III or 513 Rosewood.  :mrgreen:

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 03:56:50 AM »
Quote from: Phil
weird...mine rocks...

Sir im sure your's does after all the mods you've done on your grg150. Maybe the few that ive tried are bad copies. Im not saying the Gios are a bad bunch, its just that IMHO the Washburn WI14 is better.
Even without the mods...it rocked....plugged into my cheap 15 watt s.s amp.

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 08:40:57 AM »
Cool! Im sure the neck plays pretty well too. Im just curious sir phil, why'd you repaint your grg150?

Offline jefft

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 08:49:52 AM »
mag sirs! anymore comments about the washburn idol guitar WI14???

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 08:54:03 AM »
Maganda yung washburn idol WI14 kasi natest ko siya kahapon dun sa amp na binili ko, ayos. sarap gamitin - hindi ko lng siya masyadong nainspect.  :D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 08:56:46 AM »
Cool! Im sure the neck plays pretty well too. Im just curious sir phil, why'd you repaint your grg150?
I hate black guitars.

Offline jefft

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 08:59:07 AM »
THanks sir Jun gats! What do you think po about the weight? The neck and the pups???

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 09:02:16 AM »
Quote from: jefft
THanks sir Jun gats! What do you think po about the weight? The neck and the pups???

Ayos siya bossing, maganda ang neck fast nmn siya at maganda din yung pu's. Kung ako yung buyer mapa2bili din ako niyan. Less 10% ata sila, kasi bumili ako kahapon ng amp may bawas. Saan mo ba balak bumili?

Offline jefft

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 09:07:08 AM »
Yupangco lang ata meron nyan d ba?? Audiophile ba meron din?? Actually namimili pa ko ngaun kung kung alin sa 3 options ko above pwede..   :D

Offline superoxy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »
"Official" distributors

Washburn - Yupangco
Ibanez - Audiophile
Hamer - JB Music

baka dun sa StagePoint (Raon) meron lahat nito para pwede mong i-test ng sabay-sabay
\\\\\\\"I am afraid of people who are boring, but require too much attention to ignore. \\\\\\\" - Jamie Hyneman

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 09:22:35 AM »
Quote from: jefft
Yupangco lang ata meron nyan d ba?? Audiophile ba meron din?? Actually namimili pa ko ngaun kung kung alin sa 3 options ko above pwede..   :D

Yung natest ko kasi sa PP megamall, maganda pa siya. Gus2 mo puntahan mo, hanapin mo si wally sabihin mo frend kita. :D

Offline jefft

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 09:22:48 AM »
TNx 4 d info.. ibanez lang ata meron dun sa stagepoint eh.. bka maya punta rin ako dun..

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 09:28:02 AM »
Quote from: jun_gats
Maganda yung washburn idol WI14 kasi natest ko siya kahapon dun sa amp na binili ko, ayos. sarap gamitin - hindi ko lng siya masyadong nainspect.  :D

Yea the washburn is pretty good. I was forced to try it at PP Alimall. Medyo di lang comfy ang upper fret access.. Other than that its a great guitar for the price. How much is it selling for now?