hulika

Author Topic: Being a Guitarist  (Read 43073 times)

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
Being a Guitarist
« on: July 26, 2006, 05:41:43 PM »

I hate this trhread by the way.... here it goes

(non edited)
Hey guys, sine most of yous got more experiences. Don't you think a good guitarist is a great man. I mean, its not only the time you spend practising. It is also the time of your life. How about the other opportunities you missed just to play and practise. How about the money you spend on your gear instead of being fun and hang ouit with your friends and spend some money doing that. How about ur frustrations and doubts if you can succeed and really become a better guitarist and if what your doing is right. How many of you find a difficulty in anything. Isn't it enough that you study your chords and scales. What are we missing. Should we listen to toe right kinds of music? Is there something within us that we cant overcome. How should we know if all of these will lead us to something we dont like. Dont you feel weird when choosing to play and practice rather than studying or doing something "at the right time". I mean, we all got tons of problems and frustrations other than our musicianship. How about the demands of being able to play gigs through sleepless and never ending nights just to take chances. How about the hardships of transportation when jamming every week. How about each and every hassle life may bring us?

Whatcha Think?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 10:20:50 AM by nicosci »
Let USA invadeThe Philippines

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 06:21:02 PM »
para mo na rin sinabing wag tayong maggitara lahat dude. no pain, no gain. hindi lahat ng bagay sa mundo makukuha ng madali, pinaghihirapan yan. all of our idols went through the same frustrations and doubts nung nagsisimula pa lang sila. the countless hours of practice, transportation problems, lahat pinagdaanan rin nila.
saka kung ganyan iniisip mo, e di dapat sabihan mo na rin ng ganyan yung athletes like basketball players na wag na sila pagsayang ng pawis at maglaro araw araw and focus on more important things like studying or "having a life". the list goes on and on.  :wink:
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Being a Guitarist
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 06:32:51 PM »
Quote from: nicosci
Hey guys, sine most of yous got more experiences. Don't you think a good guitarist is a great man. I mean, its not only the time you spend practising. It is also the time of your life. How about the other opportunities you missed just to play and practise. How about the money you spend on your gear instead of being fun and hang ouit with your friends and spend some money doing that. How about ur frustrations and doubts if you can succeed and really become a better guitarist and if what your doing is right. How many of you find a difficulty in anything. Isn't it enough that you study your chords and scales. What are we missing. Should we listen to toe right kinds of music? Is there something within us that we cant overcome. How should we know if all of these will lead us to something we dont like. Dont you feel weird when choosing to play and practice rather than studying or doing something "at the right time". I mean, we all got tons of problems and frustrations other than our musicianship. How about the demands of being able to play gigs through sleepless and never ending nights just to take chances. How about the hardships of transportation when jamming every week. How about each and every hassle life may bring us?

Whatcha Think?

ok... so what do you want to say?

basta pursue your passion... it's the love of playing and honing your craft... lahat naman may pros and cons you just do what you enjoy and love doing.

Offline radimere

• Veteran Member
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 07:09:49 PM »
Bottom line: masaya at masarap maggitara. Why treat it as an insurmountable challenge? If you love your instrument and your music, everything else becomes secondary, harsh realities notwithstanding.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 07:15:02 PM »

Whatcha Think?

No offense 'pre... but what's your point?

Offline blancer

• Veteran Member
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 07:28:20 PM »
for me the whole point is, I'M THE HAPPIEST PERSON ON EARTH WHEN I'M PLAYING MY GUITAR. no questions asked.
Good girls go to heaven,
Bad girls go to my room...

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 07:37:04 PM »
Quote from: PRSMan

mehn, when in doubt, post "+1"

Offline raffy24

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 07:46:07 PM »
Quote from: nathanmanansala

+2!
mejo magulo, siguro mas madaling maintindihan kung tagalog he he
hirap english e. siguro gusto mo sabihin na mejo nahihirapan ka na tsaka naiisip mo na walang kahihinatnan yung pagpapractice mo. well sakin kasi this is what I like to do, simple as that.
To live is to die...

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 07:49:51 PM »

+1   :lol:

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 08:05:20 PM »
wala akong pinag sisihan nun mag guitara ako... hanggang ngayon

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 08:48:28 PM »
Whatcha Think?

I think you have problems you're taking way too seriously than you should.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline oloc

• Veteran Member
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 08:50:45 PM »
far too serious.... i can't even comprehend what you're trying to point out.  :?  :?  :?

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 09:01:49 PM »

Whatcha Think?

nasobrahan ka na ata sa paggigitara hehe masyado ka nang seryoso at makata hehe.. :) the thing is, it's about prioritizing. so what if you use up all of your time to practice? chances are you'll be a very good guitarist but if you sacrifice your social life then you'll most likely end up not having a band and playing alone with a TonePort and backtrack MP3s. or kung bili naman nang bili ng expensive gear pero di ka naman nagpa-practice, wala ring kwenta. learning to prioritize all the things in your life (and that includes practicing guitar, having time for family/friends, school, etc.) is a sign of maturity in life, not just in music :)

about the hardships of being a musician, all i can say is nothing beats being able to fulfill your musical purpose. being in a Christian band, i usually don't get paid for playing but after every single "gig," knowing that our band led the people in worshipping God and having a great time playing as well, it completely gives sense to all my sacrifices (lost time practicing, traffic, having to bring a 39 pound, 41" x 18" pedalboard and a guitar, early call times, etc.) :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 09:19:03 PM »
hmmm....basahin ko ulit bro...di ko na get eh...
basta ako napapasaya ko ng music / gitara / paggi-gitara/banda ko...kahit na gutom/puyat/pagod at walang pera...rak en rol lang...
8)  8)  8)
black moon creeping...

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 09:22:40 PM »
Quote from: raffy24

+2!
mejo magulo, siguro mas madaling maintindihan kung tagalog he he
hirap english e. siguro gusto mo sabihin na mejo nahihirapan ka na tsaka naiisip mo na walang kahihinatnan yung pagpapractice mo. well sakin kasi this is what I like to do, simple as that.

It's not even a language issue. It's a cognitive issue. What are you on kid? Remember Syd Barrett.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 09:41:49 PM »
Quote from: Poundcake

Whatcha Think?

nasobrahan ka na ata sa paggigitara hehe masyado ka nang seryoso at makata hehe.. :) the thing is, it's about prioritizing. so what if you use up all of your time to practice? chances are you'll be a very good guitarist but if you sacrifice your social life then you'll most likely end up not having a band and playing alone with a TonePort and backtrack MP3s. or kung bili naman nang bili ng expensive gear pero di ka naman nagpa-practice, wala ring kwenta. learning to prioritize all the things in your life (and that includes practicing guitar, having time for family/friends, school, etc.) is a sign of maturity in life, not just in music :)

about the hardships of being a musician, all i can say is nothing beats being able to fulfill your musical purpose. being in a Christian band, i usually don't get paid for playing but after every single "gig," knowing that our band led the people in worshipping God and having a great time playing as well, it completely gives sense to all my sacrifices (lost time practicing, traffic, having to bring a 39 pound, 41" x 18" pedalboard and a guitar, early call times, etc.) :)

lol hehehehe dahil naman lalim ng problema mo gumawa ka nalang ng kanta...

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 09:42:44 PM »
Sorry I was drunk a while ago
Let USA invadeThe Philippines

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 11:06:08 PM »
do what you gotta do, always swim upstream....something like that :lol:
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 11:52:20 PM »
di kaya napapasobra titig mo kay john mayer? :lol:

biro lang :D

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 11:55:15 PM »
Quote from: Taoistguitarist
di kaya napapasobra titig mo kay john mayer? :lol:

biro lang :D

LOL!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 12:00:25 AM »
hmmmmm......... my advice to you grasshopper....... just play guitar..enough of the grass

Offline Kulas

Being a Guitarist
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 12:07:18 AM »
priorities man...

when you prioritize something, you tend to sacrifice others. so everything needs to be at a balance. it's not good to be uber-serious din sa pag-gitara, you might end up being a very good guitarist pero hindi ka naman happy, hehe. i'm not saying na wag ka naman mag-practice, i'm just saying na know your priorities and don't forget the things that really matter in life.

ang sakin lang, just take it easy, there is a time for everything. practice ka, gimmick ka, aral ka, jam ka, etc. don't think too seriously, and just go with the flow of life.

Offline hubristenebris

Being a Guitarist
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 12:44:07 AM »
Bro.. just listen to jammin by bob marley

Ain't no rules, ain't no vow, we can do it anyhow:
I'n'I will see you through,
'Cos everyday we pay the price with a little sacrifice,
Jammin' till the jam is through.

STEADY LANG  :D
Wazzap?

Offline jeggae

Being a Guitarist
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 12:55:53 AM »
buti p mginom nlng tyo.. :lol:
ayus..

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Being a Guitarist
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 04:09:20 AM »
Sorry I was drunk a while ago

drunk?if you're ranting about how hard and frustrating being a musician is,
sana di ka nlng naging gitarista kung ayaw mong mag hirap as a musician.
and be a "buy and sell" connoisseur.shame on you for being a guitarist or better...a musician for that matter.like everybody is saying here....
"lahat ng mga musikero dumadaan sa matinding hirap bago gumaling"
kasama na dun yung pag bubuhat ng gamit pag may jamming etc. :twisted:
kaka asar ka. :twisted:  :evil: