hulika

Author Topic: Being a Guitarist  (Read 43082 times)

Offline ibysdad

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Being a Guitarist
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2007, 04:17:28 PM »
you think too much about negative things,relax lang bro....playing music is supposed to be fun.

You should be thankful that you have a talent like playing the guitar....don't treat it like a curse

Offline bendedbeam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2007, 05:10:16 PM »
Playing guitar isolates me from the rest of the world. Even if people are moving and walking around I just plug in my amp, roll-up the volume and Im suddenly in my OWN space and time. You can't even talk to me while Im lost in this place...

Although I've never done it professionally, but it just gives me a satisfying feeling that you can't get from alcohol, drugs or chicks :)

It's an expensive hobby though but it's all worth it...
---------------------------------
It's not the guitar's fault...

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2007, 08:38:01 PM »
you think too much about negative things,relax lang bro....playing music is supposed to be fun.

You should be thankful that you have a talent like playing the guitar....don't treat it like a curse

When you dream, your mind comes up with anxieties. Maybe wanting something comes with a certain level of responsibility.

But then again this thread is one from those times that I have so much goin on in my mind.
Oh do you guys know what I'm sayin'?
Let USA invadeThe Philippines

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2007, 09:09:20 PM »
When you dream, your mind comes up with anxieties. Maybe wanting something comes with a certain level of responsibility.

But then again this thread is one from those times that I have so much goin on in my mind.

paalala lamang... drink moderately! :-D
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline pizarro84

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2007, 09:38:25 PM »
Tagal na po nitong thread ah, wala pa ako  :-)

about the hardships of being a musician, all i can say is nothing beats being able to fulfill your musical purpose. being in a Christian band, i usually don't get paid for playing but after every single "gig," knowing that our band led the people in worshipping God and having a great time playing as well, it completely gives sense to all my sacrifices (lost time practicing, traffic, having to bring a 39 pound, 41" x 18" pedalboard and a guitar, early call times, etc.) :)

Anyway agree po ako dito sa sinabi ni sir poundcake last year, lumalaki na masels ko sa kakadala ng gears sa church pero non-stop pa rin kasi masaya ako sa pag tugtog ng gitara at may sense nga po ang mga sakripisyo na 'to. And I dont think of it as a job, hindi po ako pilit sa ginagawa ko, i love what i do, i love to play guitar lalo na for GOD's glory.  :-D peace

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2007, 10:07:55 PM »
+1 all dat. :-D

Offline darkviper28

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2007, 10:14:50 PM »
Tagal na po nitong thread ah, wala pa ako  :-)

about the hardships of being a musician, all i can say is nothing beats being able to fulfill your musical purpose. being in a Christian band, i usually don't get paid for playing but after every single "gig," knowing that our band led the people in worshipping God and having a great time playing as well, it completely gives sense to all my sacrifices (lost time practicing, traffic, having to bring a 39 pound, 41" x 18" pedalboard and a guitar, early call times, etc.) :)

Anyway agree po ako dito sa sinabi ni sir poundcake last year, lumalaki na masels ko sa kakadala ng gears sa church pero non-stop pa rin kasi masaya ako sa pag tugtog ng gitara at may sense nga po ang mga sakripisyo na 'to. And I dont think of it as a job, hindi po ako pilit sa ginagawa ko, i love what i do, i love to play guitar lalo na for GOD's glory.  :-D peace

+10000000

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2007, 11:00:55 PM »
a moment with a (testing, playing, composing, tweaking, etc.) guitar is already priceless. what more if you're playing on stage? i think you should think about what's "on" at the moment rather than thinking too much on what and where it will bring you to. it's not about the hardships and [gooey brown stuff], but it's all about the experience and the things you're going through that count and make you a guitarist.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 11:03:17 PM by CARABAO »

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2007, 11:05:34 PM »
Quote from: PRSMan
hin... hin... hinshdi... hako... lasheng... kablag!   :lol:

hehe

isahng lashing pa, bote na ako  :lol:

PUTAKTE! NATAWA AKO DITO SOLID! HAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline ibysdad

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2007, 06:39:39 AM »
every situation we are in involves responsibilities, its just a matter of how you deal with them..if what you're dealing with is kind of complicated, simplify it...or take a break! then get back to it some time.

How we respond kung naiipit tayo defines who we are...

I'm just thankful that I know how to play the guitar because, as what every one said, relieves me of the stresses of everyday life. Kaya nakikita mo mga gitarista kahit anong hirap at kahit anong gastos sa gamit sige pa rin.

It's like therapy for us. It's like women, pero shopping nga lang ang therapy nila.

Take it easy bro

Offline queso_

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2007, 08:28:17 AM »
naexperience ko narin yan nung may ka kino kompetensya ako pero ngau hindi na. parang useless kasi pag iniisip mo yan. sani ko nalang sa sarili ko gagaling din ako.. balang araw  :-D

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2007, 09:09:51 AM »
hanep binuhay ulit :lol:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline queso_

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2007, 10:25:12 AM »

hehehehe mejo nakakarelate lang sir :-D

Offline orion

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2007, 12:01:34 PM »
para sakin ay:
Mahirap- financially di ko kaya mabuhay kung d2 lang aasa,.kelangan din ang multi-tasking,.
Masaya- kc nakakatanggal ng mga problema at stress sa trabaho parang therapy na din :-D
Extra-ordinary- kc bihra lang sa lahat ng tao ang mabigyan ng ganitong kapangyarihan   :-D

It's either "Less is More" or "Less is Bore"

Offline queso_

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2007, 01:12:52 PM »
para sakin ay:
Mahirap- financially di ko kaya mabuhay kung d2 lang aasa,.kelangan din ang multi-tasking,.
Masaya- kc nakakatanggal ng mga problema at stress sa trabaho parang therapy na din :-D
Extra-ordinary- kc bihra lang sa lahat ng tao ang mabigyan ng ganitong kapangyarihan   :-D

hehehehe kapangyarihan. ang gitarista ay para ding superhero  :-D

Offline bendedbeam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2007, 02:18:26 PM »
Try playing along with backing tracks and record your work. Somehow you'll realize you haven't perfected the passages yet, or it sounded incomplete so you can add in fillers. Helps with the boredom and the feeling of weariness. This is what Im trying to do lately...
---------------------------------
It's not the guitar's fault...

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2007, 07:46:37 AM »
Hey guys, sine most of yous got more experiences. Don't you think a good guitarist is a great man. I mean, its not only the time you spend practising. It is also the time of your life. How about the other opportunities you missed just to play and practise. How about the money you spend on your gear instead of being fun and hang ouit with your friends and spend some money doing that. How about ur frustrations and doubts if you can succeed and really become a better guitarist and if what your doing is right. How many of you find a difficulty in anything. Isn't it enough that you study your chords and scales. What are we missing. Should we listen to toe right kinds of music? Is there something within us that we cant overcome. How should we know if all of these will lead us to something we dont like. Dont you feel weird when choosing to play and practice rather than studying or doing something "at the right time". I mean, we all got tons of problems and frustrations other than our musicianship. How about the demands of being able to play gigs through sleepless and never ending nights just to take chances. How about the hardships of transportation when jamming every week. How about each and every hassle life may bring us?

Whatcha Think?

:mrgreen:

and How about that.........being a musician has its purpose inteded for him.... 8-)
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline juwanfidle09

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2007, 11:41:51 PM »
sorry bro pero, kung iinom ka wag kang mandamay... kalma lang chief...

Chito

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2007, 12:17:19 AM »
Forget all of these stuff!! Just PRACTICE, PRACTICE and more PRACTICE!!  :-D :-D

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2007, 12:55:12 AM »
sorry bro pero, kung iinom ka wag kang mandamay... kalma lang chief...

:lol:

Offline foolintherain

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2007, 03:40:34 AM »
believe! hehe... this is not the end-all be-all of our existence :lol: yet we make the most of it since we have such a great opportunity to experience life on this level... or is it all really just a tragedy we have to dredge through and express thyrough our music? either way i say go for it! curse or cure i 'd rather think that there's a light that shines in all of us :wink:

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2007, 05:25:05 AM »

ha ha... oo nga... it's the "...guitarist is a great man..." thread...  :-D  alam ko tatlong red horse at lipovitan will do that to you...

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2007, 07:13:39 AM »

paalala lamang... drink moderately! :-D
drugs is bad for you...even Lipovitan when taken with medicine is harmful to your mental health.  John Mayer RULES !!!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:44:50 AM by Phil »
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2007, 08:01:32 AM »
Langya, ngayon ko lang binasa to, dati hindi ko pinapansin to.
E kwentong lasing pala to! :lol:

a guitarist is a great man...and a great man knows how to score! wahehehe! :-D
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2007, 10:40:37 AM »
Hey guys, sine most of yous got more experiences. Don't you think a good guitarist is a great man. I mean, its not only the time you spend practising. It is also the time of your life. How about the other opportunities you missed just to play and practise. How about the money you spend on your gear instead of being fun and hang ouit with your friends and spend some money doing that. How about ur frustrations and doubts if you can succeed and really become a better guitarist and if what your doing is right. How many of you find a difficulty in anything. Isn't it enough that you study your chords and scales. What are we missing. Should we listen to toe right kinds of music? Is there something within us that we cant overcome. How should we know if all of these will lead us to something we dont like. Dont you feel weird when choosing to play and practice rather than studying or doing something "at the right time". I mean, we all got tons of problems and frustrations other than our musicianship. How about the demands of being able to play gigs through sleepless and never ending nights just to take chances. How about the hardships of transportation when jamming every week. How about each and every hassle life may bring us?

Whatcha Think?

if not for guitar siguro nasa work na ako ngayon spendin' the rest of my life labas-masok ng call center........... BORING! :D