hulika

Author Topic: Being a Guitarist  (Read 43080 times)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Re: Being a Guitarist
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2007, 11:12:51 AM »
ha ha... oo nga... it's the "...guitarist is a great man..." thread...  :-D  alam ko tatlong red horse at lipovitan will do that to you...

Isha pa ngang Red Horse, pareng PRSMan... *hic* Isha pang lasheng para ma-bote na ako... *hic*

This thread is a classic :lol:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2007, 11:47:57 AM »
*hic* Kampai pareng Pound! *hic*

Ne, duha kabilog ka beer!

Offline Grim

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2007, 08:02:25 PM »
if not for guitar siguro nasa work na ako ngayon spendin' the rest of my life labas-masok ng call center........... BORING! :D

Tama si kuya xealien

If not for music that seduced me when i was 16, wala sana akong life, i would not know what hardships, pleasures, friendship, dedication, and all those things which we take for granted are, im just glad that God lent me music to share and express.

ewan ko kung sino nag sabi nito "music is fun but no one said it was easy" o gawa gawa ko lang yata yun, just look up and drift in the moment ^_^

kung nalasing kalang edi tama na ang inom kasi me amats ka na hahahaha joke lang bro peace ^_^
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 08:04:53 PM by Grim »
By reading this you have given me complete control of your mind for the time it took you to read this message.<br /><br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2007, 11:55:48 AM »
We can do it all.

We can be a good guitarist, in our own way. Who defines the realm of skill anyway?

We can have friends to hang and JAM with.

We can budget our money and if we wish, we can invest in guitar gear which we know is more fluid than other people think. (Thanks to Philmusic, our guitar gear becomes more liquid.)

Those late nights are worth the energy when you made a mark in people's lives.

I guess the author is just jealous.

Music will always be part of our lives, and we have a choice.

Guitar is the path we choose.

Offline gitaristang_pusa

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2007, 02:18:38 PM »
time management is the key...
i'm not a full time guitar player like some of my brothers here, i don't make a lot of money playing the guitar... people ask mew why i play the guitar, why i spend on my guitar, why i do it, why i'm so passionate, why not focus on designing anyway it provides me the money i need to pay my bills... my answer....

DESIGNING is my profession but GUITAR is my life...

being a guitarist is not an image, or a hobby, or worst... pang porma ng chickas.. men, its a lifestyle you have to live, the ups and downs the sacrifices, the gastos and everything... thats something you have to understand...
be the lion, not the sheep.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2007, 02:04:50 PM »
O, nabuhay na naman tong legendary thread na to...
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2007, 02:40:27 PM »

being a guitarist is not an image, or a hobby, or worst... pang porma ng chickas.. men, its a lifestyle you have to live, the ups and downs the sacrifices, the gastos and everything... thats something you have to understand...

what's the problem with da chickas?!  hahaha!   :-D  incentives satin yan!  :lol:

for me it's not a lifestyle we have to live...it's a lifestyle we CHOOSE to live.  :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2007, 02:49:23 PM »
EMO guitarists will love this thread! heheheheh  :-D
This forumite is a different person:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?action=profile;u=43394
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline juan sinko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2007, 07:23:07 PM »
ako being a guitarist is not only the skill you you have learn in a 4 corner room but one must socialized  with other musicians so that you will be able to know new friends teaching each other ang play you hearts out even i'm not that damn good player i make a point that i can creata a tune or unique sound to benefit with other musicians,im not full in this field but my passion brings me to it, axeman forever kahit magkapamilya ako (tagal pa yun) must to have work so that i can invest with my futurre and my passion as a guitarist
JUAN SINKO UPPERS CLUB<br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako <br />Upping is not a crime

Offline paquitz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2007, 10:51:51 PM »
Wow. Nabuhay ulit to. Basta ako kahit na hindi na ko gumaling oks lang. No one asked me to pick up the guitar.  Rock en roll pa rin  :evil:

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2007, 11:07:31 PM »
it refuses to die sir mod!haha! :lol:

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2007, 06:29:30 AM »
w.t.f :?
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

gustomogatas

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2007, 09:14:35 AM »
i started playing the guitar when i was 14. learned the chords thereafter with the help of the 'jingle-songhits' chordhart. joined a band in 91 and played keyboards for them. joined another band in 93 and played rhythms. and another band in 96 and played rhythms too, but when we lost the drummer and bassist, Ritchie Quirino, the owner of the studioe we jammed 11years ago became our drummer and i became the the bassist (which they say i sound better in playing! w.t.f.?!!), as they say, some bassists are FRUSTRATED GUITARISTS.. so it was i (arnold), Dondi Sanz, Ritchie Quirino, Noel Nieva and Johnny Allegre who had this hobby band that plays blues, classic rock and a little hard rock.. until all became busy and the band died.

now, being old enough to earn and form me to buy a guitar, i went back in playing what i a frustrated in: the Guitar! hehehe.. i asked my friend and fellow bandmate Paolo Ordonio "should i buy a Bass or a Guitar?" he said if uy the bass, i couldn't practice and enhance my skills.. so i did buy a guitar. it has been always a good feeling playing the guitar and driving your emotions thru the strings..

now, being a prodigal guitarist, sometimes it is frustrating to see and hear other guitarists younger than me who play like hell!! now, you may say that i am a struggling guitar player who wants to learn solos, riffs and mainly the blues the fast way. whenever i play solos, i just use the penta-tonics that i apply on the bass guitar, pero parang kulang pa..

is this something i should be ashamed of, or should i get lessons to learn the "it's" the faster way? di ba nakakahiya that a guy more than 30 years old taking lessons?

well.. thats what i can say on 'Being a Guitarist'... :|
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:21:05 AM by gustomogatas »

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »
This thread is a classic
+1

nico, isa kang alamat!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline sbalbaguio2006

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2007, 09:38:35 AM »
iba dating!  :-D :-D :-D
2008 EBMM JP6 | 2005 Jackson RR5 | 2001 Ibanez JEM7VWH | 1994 Fender 57 RI Strat

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2007, 09:41:51 AM »

tama lang yun para maipamahagi ang mga post dito sa mga susunod pang henerasyon  :lol:
esoteric; alternative rock-gazer: http://cerealbus.multiply.com/
FS:http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,216015.0.html

Offline sbalbaguio2006

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2007, 09:45:28 AM »
tama lang yun para maipamahagi ang mga post dito sa mga susunod pang henerasyon  :lol:

legacy ika nga  :-D
2008 EBMM JP6 | 2005 Jackson RR5 | 2001 Ibanez JEM7VWH | 1994 Fender 57 RI Strat

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2007, 10:12:25 AM »
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline IncX

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »

definitely a candidate for "legendary thread" of the year...

maganda ata ang timing kasi uso ang emo, hehehehe...

anyway... the solution is ... DON'T GO TO PHILMUSIC.

trust me... it worked for me... i believe im cured of GAS, although may chance magka relapse... and i dont take playing that seriously anymore.

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2007, 10:21:53 AM »
definitely a candidate for "legendary thread" of the year...

maganda ata ang timing kasi uso ang emo, hehehehe...

anyway... the solution is ... DON'T GO TO PHILMUSIC.

trust me... it worked for me... i believe im cured of GAS, although may chance magka relapse... and i dont take playing that seriously anymore.

or ebay for that matter. hehe.  :-D
Luke 1:37; Mark 9:23

Offline chibiwings

• Netizen Level
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2008, 08:06:25 AM »
Tama No pain, no gain :mrgreen:
In this life Sacrifices are necessary to succeed :wink:
kanya kanyang choice...hehe...stereotype kung Magstudy ka lang at wowork.then mamamatay.....kaboring na buhay...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2008, 10:51:56 AM »
Long live nicosci's timeless thread! :lol:

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2008, 10:10:58 PM »
errr.. LSD?  :roll:
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2008, 12:21:27 AM »
syeeeeet!  :lol:

may sumpa ang thread na to!!!

pag pinatay...resurrect...patayin mo ulit...resurrect ulit!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

pero at least ngayon alam ko ng hindi ako "Great Man"  :-D
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline zeus_

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2008, 10:40:15 AM »
lahat talaga dumadaan sa frustrarions,isang bagay lang ang dapat mong isipin pag nafrustrate ka,you should know what you really like,and kung anu talaga ang pagtutuunan  mo nang pansin sa pag pra-practice mo,ganun lang yun,mas madali ka mag iimprove pag alam mo kung anu ang pinagaaralan mo, and mag set tayo nang goal yun ang naghihikayat sa bawat isa na mag pursige :mrgreen: