hulika

Author Topic: for Sir Oas  (Read 30472 times)

Offline Darktwistedmind

for Sir Oas
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2006, 06:08:15 AM »
"If you don't know what your passion is, realize that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it."                  — Oprah Winfrey

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
for Sir Oas
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2006, 06:08:29 AM »
Quote from: oasgomez
Saan na ang Egoy na ka jam niyo?

akoh din yung vocalist ko back in college is egoy pro tugtugan namin rage against machines yung bassist is half caucasian so count ba yun??...
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
for Sir Oas
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2006, 06:12:05 AM »

First of all, I am not a musician.  So, i dont have anything to prove as a musician.  For you guys who claim you are musicians, where is your number#1 hit?  Where is your major label record debut?

Man, those statements hit every single musician who played in Shakey's Taft back in the mid-80's. I would go there, enjoy a garlic and cheese pizza and listen to bands play rock music. Just because they don't have a hit record doesn't mean they are not mucisians. They played great music knowing they will never, ever have a #1 hit.

Judas Priest and Iron Maiden have never had a #1 hit.

Magaling kayo sa technique?  Bakit wala kayo sa Favored Nations Label ni Steve Vai?  Magaling kayo sa Blues?  Saan na ang Egoy na ka jam niyo?

One has to jam with an African American to play Blues? And why call them Egoy with a capital E? Calling Peter Green......

But, I dont care about you guys think about how it should be because the fact is you are not hearing what I am hearing and since I have the bloody goods every single day of my life, your standards dont mean anything.  

Pare, thems fighting words. Our standards don't mean anything because we don't have the bloody things your have. You know what, I did have $4K but I spent that to pay for my son's tuition for his 4th grade.  And I still bought him an electric guitar. Can you do the same?

But let me say this, if I say anything definitive, in the occassions that I do, I make sure I can back it up and if you come along to try it, I will guarantee that you will hear what I heard.

I am still waiting on the proof of the 5000 year old nut from an animal that went extinct 10,000 years ago. Do the math....

As I have said before, it is not worth recording sound clips of amps because I have felt that it never does convey the whole experience.  You have to try it.  Regarding the Diezel, you can ask people who have tried it and they will tell you the experience of it is so different that a recording will not in anyway do justice.  

Again, we are not doubting the tonal qualities of a Diezel, just the owner.

Dude, we know what type of guy you are. Every topical Internet based forum has one exactly like you. Full of hot gas. Many moolah to buy stuff to compensate for "shortcomings". If you take the time to read the posts, you will notice that it is only you that put down people. You can give objective commentary on gear but when you say it isn't as good enough as what you have, talo ka ng lolo ko.....
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline renz_sui

• Forum Fanatic
for Sir Oas
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2006, 07:19:55 AM »
Quote from: SDMF
Quote from: jack in a vox
First of all, I am not a musician.  So, i dont have anything to prove as a musician.  For you guys who claim you are musicians, where is your number#1 hit?  Where is your major label record debut?.

dumbass you dont have to have a #1 hit to be a musician.  :P

+1... 8)

tell that to Mozart, Chopin, Bach, etc. and they'll rsie from the dead to haul-up his ass.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I second. So you dig in Sarah Geronimo? lol

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
for Sir Oas
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2006, 07:24:43 AM »
Letour,

1. If you read my post carefully, I said HATS OFF to those who have committed themselves 100% to pursue music.  The message in fact is not anything deregatory to the Shakeys Band.  But they themselves should not feel any superior.

2. Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are on a major label.  I love their songs but I dont like the Shakeys Band songs.  Name me a Shakey Band original that can go up against Judas Priest or Iron Maiden Songs.

3. Capital "E" did not mean anything deregatory.  The point was if you so good in Blues how come you are not hanging out with this AFRICAN AMERICAN greats?  So dont think I hate people because of color.  ACCUSE ka na naman.  I dont agree with your accusations, so to clear this up I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE because I think they are more lovable than some Filipino expats.

4. Yes.  I can pay for Herbert and put two kids to school.  At least I pay taxes to the Philippine Government and decide to stick it out here and help people here in Manila in my job.  I could have gone abroad but I wanted to take care of my parents being the only kid.  For better or worse, I decided to stick it out in the Philippines.  So, dont lecture me on my "duties" because I work myself too within this sucky system in the Philippines.  That being said, I still think that if you had better opportunities abroad there nothing wrong with that but dont give me the rightheous lecture crap because you are not any more better than me.

5. You DONT know who I am.  If you read my previous posts, I always say AB.  I just posted a while ago encouraging some one not to be ashamed of the brand of his guitar as long as it sounds good.  YOU ARE THE ONE WITH A GUITAR AVATAR.  I can post a guitar avatar better than yours in terms of looks and appeal because I own one better than your guitar but I dont do that because I know your guitar can sound great and look great and even better than mine -- there is always that possibility.  

By the way, just to clear it with everybody, I have never posted my gear pictures in the threads that appreciate gear despite of people accusing me being a gear head because I do NOT want to make people feel bad.  And more importantly, I may have nice gear but there is more gear to acquire.  That being said, I enjoy playing what I have instead of trying to get a picture of what I have and getting your praise.

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
for Sir Oas
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2006, 07:28:23 AM »
Jack in a Vox and renz_sui,

So anong musician para sa inyo?  Anong definition niyo at anong definition niyo ng successful musician?

Kung mga musician kayo anong claim to fame niyo being a musician?

So superior na ba kayo sa mga kagaya ko na hindi musician?  Walang akong number one hit at wala akong banda.  NagENJOY lang ako.  Bakit dumb ass ang tawag mo sa akin?  Anong pagmamalaki mo being ang musikero na kaya mo na akong tawagin na dumb ass?

Offline tony2tone

• Veteran Member
for Sir Oas
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2006, 07:32:05 AM »
siguradong matutuwa si al nito, ang dami na nyang pangdagdag sa quotes compilation nya from Oas. hahahaha :lol:

The Blues is the Roots, everything else is the Fruits.-Willie Dixon

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
for Sir Oas
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2006, 07:32:58 AM »
Magaling kayo sa Blues?  Saan na ang Egoy na ka jam niyo?

Naka-jam na egoy? Patay na yung iba, yung iba buhay pa. Need their address?   Eh kung di naman naki-jam, nagbigay lang ng $10 tip?   Eh kung puti, may credit ba kahit 0.5?  :-)

If you want to know how is sounds as a clip with a Blues player, I think deltaslim posted some sound clip of Arie using it.  Now if you like that sound, take note that it was recorded live using a Digicam microphone, I can say that the real sound is 10 times better.

Correction lang: that clip was recorded w/ vjoe's walkman tape recorder. So maybe 5x better lang.  :-)  

Kaso hindi naman ung amp ang issue.  I have yet to see anyone say na pangit yung amp mo (altho some may find it not their cup of tea... pang metal kasi eh... too modern sounding for me). It must be something else then? ;-)

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
for Sir Oas
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2006, 07:44:01 AM »
By the way, just to clear it with everybody, I have never posted my gear pictures in the threads that appreciate gear despite of people accusing me being a gear head because I do NOT want to make people feel bad

Why should we feel bad if you post pics of your gear???  :roll:

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
for Sir Oas
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2006, 07:46:03 AM »
Letour,

1. If you read my post carefully, I said HATS OFF to those who have committed themselves 100% to pursue music.  The message in fact is not anything deregatory to the Shakeys Band.  But they themselves should not feel any superior.

Hey, your premise was that if one claims to be a musician, you have to have a #1 hit or be with a major label. READ YOUR POST AGAIN.

2. Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are on a major label.  I love their songs but I dont like the Shakeys Band songs.  Name me a Shakey Band original that can go up against Judas Priest or Iron Maiden Songs.

Shakeys bands played covers. Thats all they did. And they were good at it. None of them will ever go up against Judas Priest or Iron Maiden because they are not white, they don't live in a first world country and the pizza was just too good to let up. Again, the bands mentioned did not have a number one hit. If being in a major label counts, then I bet you have the complete Gelboys collection.

3. Capital "E" did not mean anything deregatory.  The point was if you so good in Blues how come you are not hanging out with this AFRICAN AMERICAN greats?  So dont think I hate people because of color.  ACCUSE ka na naman.  I dont agree with your accusations, so to clear this up I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE because I think they are more lovable than some Filipino expats.

First, I didn't say I was good in blues. Trace that post, please. I am in the U.S. right now and I have African American co-workers. So, I think I qualify because I AM hanging out with them. So you love BLACK PEOPLE, eh? compared to Filipino expats? Are you hanging around any Filipino expat? You are in the Philippines? If they are in the Philippines right now, they are not expats.

4. Yes.  I can pay for Herbert and put two kids to school.  At least I pay taxes to the Philippine Government and decide to stick it out here and help people here in Manila in my job.  I could have gone abroad but I wanted to take care of my parents being the only kid.  For better or worse, I decided to stick it out in the Philippines.  So, dont lecture me on my "duties" because I work myself too within this sucky system in the Philippines.  That being said, I still think that if you had better opportunities abroad there nothing wrong with that but dont give me the rightheous lecture crap because you are not any more better than me.

Hey, I used to work as a lawyer in the Philippines. I resigned to take a Master's course here (I think that is worth 10 Herberts). Now, I am coming back to the Philippines and NOT staying in the U.S. Yes, there are my opportunities here but I turned my back to them. So, don't lecture me about duty. I did more duty than you can every dream of. Yes, I am not better than you because I don't own a Herbert.  

5. You DONT know who I am.  If you read my previous posts, I always say AB.  I just posted a while ago encouraging some one not to be ashamed of the brand of his guitar as long as it sounds good.  YOU ARE THE ONE WITH A GUITAR AVATAR.  I can post a guitar avatar better than yours in terms of looks and appeal because I own one better than your guitar but I dont do that because I know your guitar can sound great and look great and even better than mine -- there is always that possibility.  

What's wrong with my avatar? I know it's not as good as your guitar. My gear won't be as good as yours. But at least that is the first guitar I have bought and have never sold it. That guitar was used on a song that was a hit back in the late 80's. Hey, my guitar has been on a major record label and was in a hit. Not #1 but a hit nonetheless. So with that, my guitar is better than your guitar because it was actually used and it was RECORDED.

By the way, just to clear it with everybody, I have never posted my gear pictures in the threads that appreciate gear despite of people accusing me being a gear head because I do NOT want to make people feel bad.  And more importantly, I may have nice gear but there is more gear to acquire.  That being said, I enjoy playing what I have instead of trying to get a picture of what I have and getting your praise.

You don't want to make people feel bad... The understatement of the century.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
for Sir Oas
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2006, 07:50:58 AM »
Jack in a Vox and renz_sui,

So anong musician para sa inyo?  Anong definition niyo at anong definition niyo ng successful musician?

Kung mga musician kayo anong claim to fame niyo being a musician?

So superior na ba kayo sa mga kagaya ko na hindi musician?  Walang akong number one hit at wala akong banda.  NagENJOY lang ako.  Bakit dumb ass ang tawag mo sa akin?  Anong pagmamalaki mo being ang musikero na kaya mo na akong tawagin na dumb ass?

bwahahahaa :lol:

it's you who said:

[qoute="oasgeomez"]First of all, I am not a musician. So, i dont have anything to prove as a musician. For you guys who claim you are musicians, where is your number#1 hit? Where is your major label record debut?.[/quote]

you are saying that to be a MUSICIAN you need to have a #1 hit AND be with a MAJOR RECORD LABEL!

that's a dumbass assumption.. and so qualifies you as a dumbass! ;)

what's our claim to fame? people paying to hear us play..

definition of a successful musician = people pay to hear/watch you play!

Offline tumorwarrior

• Veteran Member
for Sir Oas
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2006, 10:40:03 AM »
as defined by MSN encarta dictionay

mu·si·cian [ myoo zísh'n ] (plural mu·si·cians)

noun  

Definition:

music maker: somebody who plays, performs, conducts, or composes music

... unless somebody wants to contest the credibility of a dictionary  :lol:
FOR SALE: PSE MILLENNIUM V5 COMPOUND BOW <br />50lbs draw weight/ 27" draw legnth (+/-2")<br />complete with sight, center stab, dampers, carter triger, Easton X10 Arrows, bow case<br />40K lang san ka pa. Pm me for contact details

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
for Sir Oas
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2006, 10:49:56 AM »
Quote from: tumorwarrior

noun  

Definition:

whew....so that qualifies me as a musician. :wink:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
for Sir Oas
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2006, 10:53:12 AM »
Si Blakdyak egoy!!!!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
for Sir Oas
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2006, 10:58:16 AM »
if oas is not a musician then wat is he? sayang lang ang herbert nya... sad.. 4,100 USD amp wat a waste...

Offline Kulas

for Sir Oas
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2006, 10:58:22 AM »
ako din may naka-jam na akong egoy! ay, egay pala yun, hehe. hindi parin ako blusero... hehehe

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
for Sir Oas
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2006, 11:01:19 AM »

noun  

Definition:

yehey musician din pala ako.. di ako binabayaran ng mga tao to watch me play e hehe sa church ako tugtog :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Kulas

for Sir Oas
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2006, 11:02:41 AM »
Quote from: Poundcake

noun  

Definition:

yehey musician din pala ako.. di ako binabayaran ng mga tao to watch me play e hehe sa church ako tugtog :)

ok lang yun bro, kay God naman galing ang talent fee natin, hehe. if you know what i mean...

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
for Sir Oas
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2006, 11:07:24 AM »
i play sa church din namin, i consider myself a musician/instrumentalist.. no one paid me to do it, i just answered HIS call! i dont have a number #1, i dont have my recordings released by a major label.. but still musician pa din ako kasi i play for GOD! the source of my music!

Offline markflo

for Sir Oas
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »
If you want to know how is sounds as a clip with a Blues player, I think deltaslim posted some sound clip of Arie using it. Now if you like that sound, take note that it was recorded live using a Digicam microphone, I can say that the real sound is 10 times better.

ows? 10x better? is that rounded off? baka naman 9.8765243x better lang...galing ah..sakto....10x better...

hehehe[/quote]
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline markflo

for Sir Oas
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »
I can pay for Herbert and put two kids to school

oh yea? i can pay for the herbert and put 2.5 KIDS TO SCHOOL!

UHHHH...basta...somehow that makes sense...

hehehe[/quote]
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
for Sir Oas
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2006, 11:12:11 AM »
Quote from: Godin
i play sa church din namin, i consider myself a musician/instrumentalist.. no one paid me to do it, i just answered HIS call! i dont have a number #1, i dont have my recordings released by a major label.. but still musician pa din ako kasi i play for GOD! the source of my music!

amen, pareng Kulas and Godin!

tanong lang Godin, ikaw ba si Barney? si Barney lang ang kilala kong naka-Godin na tumutugtog sa churches e :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
for Sir Oas
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2006, 11:12:48 AM »
Quote from: markflo

oh yea? i can pay for the herbert and put 2.5 KIDS TO SCHOOL!

UHHHH...basta...somehow that makes sense...

hehehe

:lol:

yung half play-skul! ;)

Offline Kulas

for Sir Oas
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2006, 11:13:06 AM »

tanong lang Godin, ikaw ba si Barney? si Barney lang ang kilala kong naka-Godin na tumutugtog sa churches e :)

hmmm... ang alam kong barney eh yung purple na... hehehe joke!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
for Sir Oas
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2006, 11:15:54 AM »
Quote from: Kulas

hmmm... ang alam kong barney eh yung purple na... hehehe joke!

haha di marunong mag-gitara yung Barney na yun bro.. sa Bread from Heaven Community (Shangri-La) tumutugtog sya before. ewan ko lang kung dun pa rin sya now :)