hulika

Author Topic: anong newbie dumb moments nyo nung bago pa lang kayo sa gitara?  (Read 34111 times)

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: anong newbie dumb moments nyo nung bago pa lang kayo sa gitara?
« Reply #275 on: November 13, 2010, 06:11:22 AM »
may sticker yung gitara ko ng "NU 107.5 Rocks!" habang kasali sa battle of the bands na sponsored ng ibang radio station  :lol:

Dati, I was depending too much on guitar tabs to learn songs. Ngayon, I depend on youtube video tutorials. Still dumb after all these years.  :lol:

Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline magtataho7

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #276 on: November 13, 2010, 10:19:41 AM »
(High School)

CASE 3:
Pinantay ko ung saddles nung gitara
Napansin ko kasi na Hindi sila "NAKA ALIGN" :-o :-o

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Buhahahaha apir!
BLAH

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #277 on: November 13, 2010, 11:34:01 AM »
Grade 5: ipinasok ko yung mic sa loob ng acoustic at 3 oras nagpinch harmonics (sabi ng nakakatanda kelangan daw kasi ng gain)
Grade 6: Bumiling 1st electric, ang tatak "Lumanog Hypersonic Guitar" Na ang locking nut made of plastic yung ibang parts, ayun paguwi sa bahay at nagretune crack! nabiyak lahat
Highschool: bought my 1st FX "Denio Metal Rocker" Akala ko astig na ko eh...
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #278 on: November 13, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »
i told my mom, i wanted an electric guitar...

she replied "naku! hindi ka kaya makuryente niyan?"

punchline: napaisip ako.

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #279 on: November 13, 2010, 11:47:21 AM »
i told my mom, i wanted an electric guitar...

she replied "naku! hindi ka kaya makuryente niyan?"

punchline: napaisip ako.

hahaha. nakakarelate ako nyan tol. un din sabi ng mom ko baka daw mabigat sa kuryente. haha!

Offline rayq78

« Reply #280 on: November 13, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »
max = gain
max = treble

tunog ipis...
Witness to an atheist or agnostic
www.evolutionVsGod.com

Offline kalasagnibajula

• Veteran Member
« Reply #281 on: November 13, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »
first guitar ko is an acoustic guitar, nung naputulan ako ng 6th string, wala akong pambili.

sinubukan ko kabitan ng alambre.. alam na. wak wak yung bridge ng acoustic guitar ko.

Offline posera!!

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #282 on: November 13, 2010, 06:07:27 PM »
naaalala ko lng nung bago plang ako sa guitra tatwagan ko tropa ko sa phone tapos mag papatono ko sa telepono lng haha :lol: tapos ung simcard ko ginawa kong pick :-D
Oh abandoned hearts with a battle cry we move to You we surrender
oh lead us forth oh Lord for now is the time to show out Your love we're moving forward we'll wait no more
because Your spirit is strong Your spirit is strong

Offline Freak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2010, 09:17:26 PM »

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2010, 02:14:54 AM »
I was a fortunate enough to have started my actual musical life cycle in a school band, mentored by Director Jay Digal. (holler back if you know Sir Jay! :D)

However, dein pa rin ako ligtas sa mga technical "boo-boos" pagdating sa gitara. Here are some embarrassing examples:

1.) The day I got my first electric and amp, I found that I enjoyed the sound of NO bass and mids and MAX treble on the amp. PWE.

2.) I thought all that mattered in guitar playing was having a guitar with a respectable brand i.e., Fender or Gibson, and so I actually hated my first guitar. People laughed at me because of it, as they had similar beliefs as mine.  :|

3.) I, too, was a victim of the max bass, no mids, max treble "scooped" sound. DOUBLE PWE.

4.) I once tuned my guitar by turning the intonation screws on my saddles. This made me slightly proud, as the tuners were "neatly lined up."

5.) I thought using stainless steel strings on SOFT nickel silver frets was the best way to go. Up to now, I feel that this is among the wrongest mistakes I've made, as now I need to get TWO guitars refretted due to this terrible practice.

6.) There was also a time when I felt that I could never get any better at guitar than I currently was at the time. My teacher, soft-spoken as he was, was able to teach me humility not through words, but through this:

7.) I thought lead guitar was everything. I was proven wrong afterwards, seeing that nobody else in the audience payed too much attention to the lead guitarist in a particular show band I was watching in a bar one night.

(O.T. P.S.: And much later on I resolved that appreciating music theory, not only in guitar solos but also in more sophisticated kinds of music, simply involved much more brain power than what the average listener was willing to expend. Playing great music to practical amateurs is kind of like preaching to atheists. They HEAR, but don't LISTEN.)

8.) In the past I was a bit convinced that there wasn't much difference between different makes of guitars in terms of sound, as I was only able to buy guitars of a similar type (basswood-bodied, humbucker guitars). Only when I was able to play different guitars care of my awesome orgmates did I actually understand how each guitar had a SOUL (of course these terms are bordering on the cultic, so let's please appreciate, but not worship guitar tone as some of us usually do) and individual sound and character.

MrPhrygian

« Reply #285 on: November 25, 2010, 08:34:31 AM »
 :-D

hehe i thought before na if the tuning keys are aligned in one way tuned na!
hahaha

Offline galingnamanon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #286 on: November 25, 2010, 11:59:47 AM »

hahaha

ito talga pansin ko very common (ako din eh) haha
"..you know..it's a very strong day today.." - SRV

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »

hahaha
YES!!! :lol:

Offline lord4dark

« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2010, 09:49:16 AM »
I used to snicker at my neighbor who diligently attended guitar school, mas cool Voltes V drawings nun eh, lols!
My guitarist dad tried so hard to teach me guitar, but again Voltes V, Daimos and Mazinger Z pa rin.

highschool nako natuto sa isang cebu made guitar with frets so sharp I had to buy new strings every 2 weeks coz the windings get cut up by the frets! I guess once you get connected to the right music, you will be serious in learning it.

Oh yeah, Voltes V pa rin!!!! :-D

Offline bloody dok

« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2010, 12:16:38 PM »
akala ko noon kapag electric guitar, distorted sya pag nakarekta na sa amp (stereo component lang gamit ko non) hanggang finally nagkaroon na ako electric guitar. hayun! gastos uli para magka-distortion fx.

college days i auditioned for a band looking for a rhythm guitarist/vocalist. that time di pa ako marunong gumamit ng pick. i sang played the guitar and they were impressed. then sabi ng lead guitarist nila, eto pick o gumamit ka, sabi ko di ako sanay. ayun, akustik guitar na lang uli ako sa bahay with my neighborhood friends. demit. now marunong na akong gumamit ng pick.

be nice...