hulika

Author Topic: JB Music "Musikhero camp"  (Read 30472 times)

Offline erniebong

• Forum Fanatic
JB Music "Musikhero camp"
« on: August 30, 2007, 10:06:20 AM »

Then try out to be one of 25 drummers, bassists and guitarists who will get schooled by Philippines’ top Musikheros.

Train. Learn. Jam. Rock. 3 days with your music mentors in Baguio!

In the end, THE best of the 25 best will be JB Music’s newest
Endorsers AND will rock it out in UK’s London International Music Fest… PINOY STYLE.

GUITARS
Jun Lopito - guitar legend
Francis Reyes - The Dawn
Chickoy Pura - The Jerks
Mike Elgar - Rivermaya
Ira Cruz - Bamboo

DRUMS
Mike Alba - ace drummer
Jun Regalado - drum legend
Vic Mercado - Bamboo
Mark Escueta - Rivermaya

BASS
JB Leonor - The Dawn Louie Talan - Razorback
Rommel Dela Cruz - Freestyle
Buddy Zabala - The Dawn
Japs Sergio - Rivermaya
Maly Paraguay - POT

special participation of Jett Pangan – The Dawn & Pepe Smith – pinoy rock legend

1. How to enter. No purchase necessary to enter. To audition, fill up a registration form available at JB Music stores. Submit the filled up form with two (2) pieces 2x2 I.D. picture. You must be 16 to 35 years old on or before September 30, 2007, to be eligible.

Judging Criteria. All participants will be judged by a panel of three (3) independent judges who have significant experience in their respective music category: drums, bass, and guitars; and/or experience in the music industry. Judging will be based on the judges’ personal interpretation of the following criteria: (1) overall performance; (2) originality; (3) technique; (4) style; (5) stage presence. Each judge will assign a score between 1 to 10 in each category and a total score between 5 and 50. The judges’ total scores will then be added, resulting in a total final score for each contestant. By participating in the audition, all participants agree that the decision of the judges is binding and final.

2. The Process. This camp will take place through the following phases: (a) The pre-event Auditions at the Triangle North Mall (Trinoma); and (b) The Musikhero Camp at the Hotel Elizabeth in Baguio City.

3. Preliminary Auditions. The preliminary audition will take place at the Main Activity Center, Triangle North Mall (Trinoma), Edsa, Quezon City on September 25, 2007, Tuesday, from 10:00AM to 6:00PM. Only registered participants will be allowed to hold auditions. Sequence of performances shall be based on a first-come, first-served basis. Drum participants are required to bring their own drumsticks; guitar and bass participants, their own guitars. All pre-registered participants shall log in at the venue’s designated registration booth and be given a performance number as their official audition order number. Each guitar and bass contestant will be given two (2) minutes to set up their gear and two (2) minutes to perform their respective unaccompanied solo. Each drum contestant will be five (5) minutes to set up and two (2) minutes to perform their respective unaccompanied solo.

4. Musikhero Camp. The 25 eligible participants for each category of drums, bass, and guitars will be gathered on the evening of September 29, 2007, Saturday, for the trip to Baguio City. Actual time and venue of the meet in Metro Manila shall be advised the participants accordingly. All expenses and incidentals not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the responsibility of each participant: transportation from Manila to Baguio City and vice versa; breakfast, lunch, and dinner from September 30 to October 2; hotel accommodations at Hotel Elizabeth from September 30 to October 2 provided that the choice of room assignment shall be under JB Music’s discretion only; and music product giveaways provided that the choice of the music products shall be under JB Music’s discretion only.

5. The Organizers and Mentors. Any and all officers and employees of JB Music & Sports, Inc. and of Valenciano Syndicate Creative are the organizers of the Musikhero Camp. The camp mentors are artists Buddy Zabala, Chickoy Pura, Francis Reyes, Ira Cruz, Japs Sergio, JB Leonor, Jett Pangan, Joey Pepe Smith, Jun Lopito, Jun Regalado, Louie Talan, Mark Escueta, Michael Alba, Mike Elgar, Rommel Dela Cruz, and Vic Mercado. The organizers reserve the right to change the list of mentors, in partial or full, due to any reason of the concerned artist/s that is beyond the jurisdiction of the organizers.       

6. Grand Prizes. The organizers and mentors will collectively choose a student from each category as the top student for drums, guitars, and bass. The criteria of their choices will be based upon their discussions and observations during the camp and not upon the criteria on Paragraph 2. The top drum student will be awarded a drum set as chosen by JB Music, plus other related giveaways. The top guitar and bass students will be awarded their new guitars as chosen by JB Music, plus other related giveaways. After the camp, they shall be given the opportunity to form a band that is tasked to compose original materials and rehearse a list of song covers. These musical works will be the same list that they will collectively play in the United Kingdom in 2008 for a series of performances. If any of the top students from each category decided not to participate in the performances in the United Kingdom, then the organizers and mentors will choose the next-top student of his category who will be invited to play in the U.K. with the other top students. Should the next-top student declines the invitation, the organizers reserve the right to cancel the trip altogether or send another musician who is not part of the camp as representative.

Click here for the full details http://musikhero.jbmusic.com.ph/rules.html
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:45:42 PM by erniebong »

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: JB Music "Musikhero camp"
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 10:23:53 AM »
Mga Bros Apply na kayo. Grabe 1st time in the history in the Philippines na may ganito!! Once in a lifetime!! Apply na kayo mga bros!!!
"I BELIEVE IN CHRIST LIKE I BELIEVE IN THE SUN. NOT BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT, BUT BY IT, I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE....."

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 12:18:39 PM »
This is a great opportunity for a lot of aspiring musicians out there.  Sandy is right.  Give it a try!

Sayang, I'm already having a career & I'm very committed to my band.  Masaya sanang sumali.  :-D

Offline Jecster25

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 01:50:47 PM »
Guys, I think this is a very rare opportunity to miss. All the top musicians gave their time just to share and mentor the next top musicians. put in your leave of absence if i were you...

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 02:06:13 PM »
Kaasar camp na pala ang Baguio. Daya naman walang northern Luzon Auditions. Dami pa naman namin gusto sumali dyan.... Kahit sana per region lima ang representatives.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:12:31 PM by daemonite »
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuña Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 02:10:40 PM »
may age limit ba yan?

Offline Jayctrinidadjr96

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 02:42:59 PM »
A rare opportunity indeed....Cant help but think na lugi newbies though coz instead of being encouraged to join...they would be discouraged from even trying dahil wala silang ilalaban sa iba. Inasmuch as it is a contest for the best of the best....sana may incentive din to newbie musicians for them to join.

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 02:47:15 PM »
and unfair rin sa mga working aspirants sa provinces na gusto magcamp dahil very rare ang ganitong event....
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuña Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 02:49:14 PM »
So, this is also open to professional musicians?

Offline erniebong

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 02:52:48 PM »
A rare opportunity indeed....Cant help but think na lugi newbies though coz instead of being encouraged to join...they would be discouraged from even trying dahil wala silang ilalaban sa iba. Inasmuch as it is a contest for the best of the best....sana may incentive din to newbie musicians for them to join.

we understand your concern sir but since we only have 25 slot for each category will have to select the best 25 out of the total aspirants. it all starts from a desire and the rest would follow who knows. anyway everyone is welcome to  try out and join  

open to all levels as long as they dont have any (music gear) endorsments

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »
open to all levels as long as they dont have any (music gear) endorsments

That's at least 99.9% of the local drumming population.

How about professional musicians who do not have endorsements, but are signed up with recording companies or at least "recognizable" enough to be identified as a member of a certain band, or someone who is highly visible in the scene?

I mean, if cats like Otep and Rickson can join this contest, halos tapos na ang usapan nyan...

It could be unfair for amateurs.  Just a thought.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:06:56 PM by drumster »

Offline erniebong

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 03:11:16 PM »
again the oppurtunity to be part of this will induce endorphins memorable enough that makes winning the endorsment deal just a bonus,  for me (if im only allowed to join as a participant) just making it to the camp already blows me with happines. free na bakasyon mo plus fellowship pa with your musical heroes for 3 days san ka pa. just put your best stuff for 2 mins of audition time malay mo makasilat pa 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:15:26 PM by erniebong »

Offline CALIWETE

• Netizen Level
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 03:58:58 PM »
hindi mahalaga kahit na amateur ka lang, basta pursigido ka siguradong makukuha ka.

Offline zound_tech

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 05:33:03 PM »
wow!
grabe to!
man!
astig,
sarap sana kapag natanggap,
pero sa dami ba naman ng magagaling na pinoy na musikero!
hai......
hindi ko tuloy alam kng ma22wa ako o maiinggit nlng,,,.....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 05:38:35 PM by zound_tech »

Offline CALIWETE

• Netizen Level
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 05:58:08 PM »
ei, no guts no glory
malay mo isa ka sa makalusot
wala namang mawawala pag sinubukan mo.

Offline Jecster25

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 06:00:14 PM »
Just to be in the top 25 and be trained, mentored and be able to jam with the best of the best for free with top of the line gear is already something to be proud of. Top  jaming group will also be sent to UK's London Music Festival to play in the same stage as Oasis, Beck and others. Just go and practice your piece and lets see how it goes!

Offline zound_tech

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 06:19:56 PM »
well,
kc unang basa ko train. learn...
kaya naisip ko na naghahanap ng jb ng student na ittrain,
eh ako ndi ako magaling kya pwede ako itrain!
hehe
pero late ko lang nabasa na pang pro pala to,
hehe
sori,
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 06:33:00 PM by zound_tech »

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 07:12:44 PM »
ayan na post na pala, sige go for it na! do not hesitate!

yung mga gusto mag drum battle, o ayan na pagkakataon nyo, sumali kayo dyan ha

i'll surely meet up with you fellas when you get to london!

:mrgreen:

Offline Jayctrinidadjr96

• Netizen Level
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 07:40:50 PM »
That's at least 99.9% of the local drumming population.

How about professional musicians who do not have endorsements, but are signed up with recording companies or at least "recognizable" enough to be identified as a member of a certain band, or someone who is highly visible in the scene?

I mean, if cats like Otep and Rickson can join this contest, halos tapos na ang usapan nyan...

It could be unfair for amateurs.  Just a thought.

I agree...Kinda hard for newbies to put in their best stuff if there are seasoned veterans joining the fray that will make the performance of the newbies senseless. In the same spirit as we all do not agree in having a drum battle coz we'd all rather have a drum conversation....I think the same should apply here. I highly suggest that the clinic be made available to ALL who are interested and not only to the top 25 in each field. Personally...tis enough that they are qualified into the top 25 in their respective fields and have a chance to represent the country plus get freebies from sponsors but Its too much to sya that only these top 25 will be allowed to attend clinics by the legends in the industry.

Just my 2 cents...

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 08:52:08 PM »
mixed emotions for me... nakakaexcite because this is indeed a rare event which make me feel sorry naman for myself since i would really like to see or even join but, reality check, newbie lang ako...i can't compete with the big dogs, puppy lang ako...hehe..cute naman. :-D :-D

seriously, it would be really nice if for example they would have another contest and round-up newbies/amateurs then school them and see who would improve the best...just like in Pinoy Dream Academy, make it Pinoy Rock Academy, something to that effect.

for those who would join, God bless and Rock on!!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:18:12 PM by vdonati_fan »
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline johanncalabig

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 07:29:05 AM »
gusto ko sana magtry out kaso nandito ako sa london! Wah!!!! Tapos dito kayo pupunta? wah!!!

Offline erniebong

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »
kaya nyo yan mga tsong

Offline CALIWETE

• Netizen Level
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 09:32:13 AM »
Guyz kitakitz nalang sa September 25!!!

Offline bookworm