hulika

Author Topic: Your Favorite DELAY pedal  (Read 16923 times)

Offline gyrome

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Your Favorite DELAY pedal
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
DD-5 (bakit nga ba iba ang DD-5?) binabalik balikkan...

Orgasmic? :D
Meron ba users ng Hardwire DL-8?  That's what I'm eyeing for dahil madami functionality.  Any reviews on it?  I just saw one post in this thread, positive naman. What's your experience with it?

Offline Chow23

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
share ko n rin yung favorite delay pedal ko,,,  :-)
i have the TC NOVA DELAY on my board! and i love it because of a million of reason, pro pakontiin ko na lang:
1. warm, organic tone na di agad nagpi-peak yung sound since it adjust its output to the loudest volume ng guitar mo
2. small but terrible,,, w/ 9 preset, and easy to save yung presets
3. audio tap tempo and the chance to choose between turning on the delay spill over or not
4.  the delay SUBDIVISIONS w/, syempre, dotted eight at yung favorite subdivision ko, the dual delay (quarter note+dotted 8)
5. 3 types of modulations
6. built in tap tempo
7. mas magiging favorite ko pa to kasi i will have it modified so that the built in tap tempo will be use as a preset switch and will add another jack sa likod of the unit to plug in an external tap tempo, parang dd20 na rin, only better, IMHO  :-)

for me, the tc nova is so simple yet it certainly does its job w/ flying colors, and that is to delay sounds! hehehehe! GOD BLESS everyone!  :wave:
JESUS is the ROCK ON which i STAND!!!
References: daryl21, bossingboss, mahavishnu, thecrow23, alek01, mimi_dada, arkin zion, Muzickero, Alalala, numeroh_unoh, demoboi, daniel_lee, ebakoids, vic_6, zer0co0l,garethvpureenergy, sprkplg...

Offline jeshwey

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 12:34:53 PM »
Kasalukuyan kong minamahal ang aking Nova Repeater  :idea:

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 09:02:10 PM »
Yours is now with Lyle right? I wonder where that guy is right now, i don't see him on the boards anymore.

I saw one video comparing an an original EHX Memory Man with the Empress VMSD. The sound is surprisingly close to analog. I even liked the trails on the Empress more. I'd better save up for one, and free some space on the board hihi.

+ looks uber cool too. Damn, I sometimes base purchases on looks.  :eek:

He bought something from me awhile back lang. :) Yup, definitely a cool looking pedal.

Pete Thorn just uploaded a vid of his board with the Timeline. Shows some sounds in a more "real" context (ie. di lang pang demo na sounds).

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 03:59:13 AM »

I have the Nova Repeater. Great as it sounds, I hate the placement of the KILL DRY button. I like tapping the tempo in, and I keep hitting the KILL DRY button, cutting my dry signal out.

My DD7 has a great warm analog setting (right up there with the Carbon Copy if you ask me). but the decays just don't sound right, for rhythmic playing. I still go back to the DD5 but mine's been on my board for 10 straight years and I think it's bound to die soon.

Who's up for Strymon? :)

We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 08:35:52 AM »
TF

Offline Chow23

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2012, 09:21:34 AM »
Who's up for Strymon? :)
[/quote]

strymon pedals are good, very good!, especially ung blusky kaya lang sobrang mahal, parang bumili ka uli ng isa pang gitara eh, IMHO  8-)
References: daryl21, bossingboss, mahavishnu, thecrow23, alek01, mimi_dada, arkin zion, Muzickero, Alalala, numeroh_unoh, demoboi, daniel_lee, ebakoids, vic_6, zer0co0l,garethvpureenergy, sprkplg...

Offline IncX

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2012, 01:14:31 PM »

i am currently using a strymon el capistan.

i thought about selling it, but then again, i believe in that saying or lyric "you never know what you got until its gone" ... so i wont be selling it anytime soon.

i am not a big delay user and i have owned the Boss and Line 6 ones without really learning how to use it.

as for the el capistan, i just got it because i wanted to have a pedal ready when faced with a situation. i owned it for a few months but it was only last night where i learned what the knobs do lol

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
i owned it for a few months but it was only last night where i learned what the knobs do lol

Na-delay lang yung appreciation mo hehe. You use it on bass?
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2012, 04:32:59 PM »
share ko n rin yung favorite delay pedal ko,,,  :-)
i have the TC NOVA DELAY on my board! and i love it because of a million of reason, pro pakontiin ko na lang:
1. warm, organic tone na di agad nagpi-peak yung sound since it adjust its output to the loudest volume ng guitar mo
2. small but terrible,,, w/ 9 preset, and easy to save yung presets
3. audio tap tempo and the chance to choose between turning on the delay spill over or not
4.  the delay SUBDIVISIONS w/, syempre, dotted eight at yung favorite subdivision ko, the dual delay (quarter note+dotted 8)
5. 3 types of modulations
6. built in tap tempo
7. mas magiging favorite ko pa to kasi i will have it modified so that the built in tap tempo will be use as a preset switch and will add another jack sa likod of the unit to plug in an external tap tempo, parang dd20 na rin, only better, IMHO  :-)

for me, the tc nova is so simple yet it certainly does its job w/ flying colors, and that is to delay sounds! hehehehe! GOD BLESS everyone!  :wave:

ow.. kanino nyo ipapamod? i'm also thinking to buy a nova delay in replace of my DD20, pero yung tap tempo and preset switch yung problem ko dito.. gusto ko sana magkaiba eh, like dd20.. pero kung pwede pala magpalagay ng external footswitch dito sa Nova delay, mas gusto ko yun..hehe

inform me sir. thanks!
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline PRlNCE

• Netizen Level
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2012, 04:41:43 PM »
Got a Line 6 DL4, very nice,, ang daming modes for delays :)
roll n roll

Offline IncX

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 04:45:25 PM »
Na-delay lang yung appreciation mo hehe. You use it on bass?

at first i did where i perpetually set it to "multiple" and type A ... since that setting worked (made my bass chorus-y but with an echo to it), i never bothered figuring out how to work the pedal.

having a new band now where we get to play Updharma songs, i got it off my bass board and put in my cousin's guitar pedal board (which i also own)... and since my cousin really has no gear interest whatsoever (make him choose between any boutique pedal and a line 6 m5, he will pick up the line 6), he ended up not using the El Capistan and instead used the Line 6M5 which he forgets to reset once we do another song.

i decided to learn how to use the El Capistan so i can TEACH him lol

Offline Chow23

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »
ow.. kanino nyo ipapamod? i'm also thinking to buy a nova delay in replace of my DD20, pero yung tap tempo and preset switch yung problem ko dito.. gusto ko sana magkaiba eh, like dd20.. pero kung pwede pala magpalagay ng external footswitch dito sa Nova delay, mas gusto ko yun..hehe

inform me sir. thanks!

bro, kay mahavishnu ko ipapagawa, i had this video @ youtube as my basis:
meron pang isang klase ng mod, here it is:
feature=related
in this video, maglalagay lang ng extra jack sa likod then gagawa ng dual external tap, where in yung isang switch ng tap is for preset and the other is simply just for tap, kaya lang mas pinili ko yung isang mod kasi ang pinagawa kong tap is like a 3 in 1 tap, 1 for the nova, the other is for my zoom g3 and yung gitna is combo ng dalawa,  8-), give it a shot bro!

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2012, 06:55:39 PM »
but it was only last night where i learned what the knobs do lol

Paexperience naman nyan!  :-D

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »
UD Stomp > Timefactor, Nova Delay, DD5, Empress etc.  :lol:

pang electric g. at acoustic g

mahal nga lang at dipsh!t rare.
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
but it was only last night where i learned what the knobs do lol

Pati secondary knob functions? :)

I never really bothered with them a lot when I had it. Haha

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2012, 06:33:13 PM »
bro, kay mahavishnu ko ipapagawa, i had this video @ youtube as my basis:
meron pang isang klase ng mod, here it is:
feature=related
in this video, maglalagay lang ng extra jack sa likod then gagawa ng dual external tap, where in yung isang switch ng tap is for preset and the other is simply just for tap, kaya lang mas pinili ko yung isang mod kasi ang pinagawa kong tap is like a 3 in 1 tap, 1 for the nova, the other is for my zoom g3 and yung gitna is combo ng dalawa,  8-), give it a shot bro!

yup..very nice! Nakita ko na dati na may mod nga daw sa Nova, pero di ko pinansin, meron din pala sa Pilipinas nagmomod ng ganun..ehehe. try ko nga...balitaan mo ko sir once mapamod mo na, kung ok ba.. i want isang tap lang, pero dd5 and Nova nakalagay, kaya ba yun? or maybe Nova tap lang..baka magisang delay nalang ako pag nagkataon, Nova delay lang..hehe :)

- Sun Stand Still

Offline Chow23

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2012, 07:09:07 PM »
yup..very nice! Nakita ko na dati na may mod nga daw sa Nova, pero di ko pinansin, meron din pala sa Pilipinas nagmomod ng ganun..ehehe. try ko nga...balitaan mo ko sir once mapamod mo na, kung ok ba.. i want isang tap lang, pero dd5 and Nova nakalagay, kaya ba yun? or maybe Nova tap lang..baka magisang delay nalang ako pag nagkataon, Nova delay lang..hehe :)

astig setup mo bro, trip ko talaga nova delay, ever since, tapos yung ibang delay sounds ko, if i need thicken up my sound is coming from my zoom g3! makukuha ko na this week yung nova ko, balitaan kita along w/ pics! GOD BLESS!  :-D

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2012, 03:13:29 PM »
still love using my danelectro pb&j. its cheap, simple and reliable. i love its decay and the foot switch that allows me to go from short to long delay.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »
all around hardwire dl-8 pa rin, meron ako ditong reel echo, masarap paglaruan pero di ko magagamit sa tugtugan  :lol:

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2012, 12:15:43 AM »
astig setup mo bro, trip ko talaga nova delay, ever since, tapos yung ibang delay sounds ko, if i need thicken up my sound is coming from my zoom g3! makukuha ko na this week yung nova ko, balitaan kita along w/ pics! GOD BLESS!  :-D

yep! thanks! natetempt talaga ko sa nova.. hehe.. i only have DD20 as of now, gusto ko kasi yung analog mode nya. I also have my FD2 and TS9 as my drives, so tingin ko ok naman sila together with DD20, pero trip ko yung Nova, "cool" kasi itsura.HAHA.. thanks! balitaan mo nalang ako sa Mod na papagawa mo, pag ok naman, i might sell my DD20 and replaced it with Nova..hehe

- Sun Stand Still

Offline IncX

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2012, 12:28:28 AM »
Pati secondary knob functions? :)

I never really bothered with them a lot when I had it. Haha

hahaha! yes... the others are pretty much "useless" or well, just flavorings. 

the only one useful there was the secondary function of the "repeat" knob. it controls the volume of the feedbacked signal ... you can set your pedal into infinite repeats and not destroy eardrums like the Boss and Line 6 pedals do.

-*-

i do wish strymon would find a way to better label the secondary knob functions. Boss is still the king when it comes to labeling knobs and buttons.

Offline newri

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2012, 12:37:53 AM »
maxon analog delay for analog or eventide timefactor for digital = finish gas
past transaction:geruthie27,juan_alderete,garethvpureenergy,RAPFM,Upfront,tweenty-seven,chubibu,jingo,Eksena,gunlak,gyrome,mak777,poch belmonte,cayle,r_chino,joceracz,fishsago,caloyburger,alexis.l,jgmredor

Offline h3adrock3r

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2012, 01:59:48 AM »
i love delays too!

i had dd6 and dd20 before. but i sold them already. as for now. HD500. i noticed that they upgraded their delay from x3 Live. para na syang dd20 at dd7. pag in-off mo, magttrail pa rin naturally yung tunog. plus i can stack up 8 delays all at once (well, i don't.. hehehe!). at most 2 delays lang.

i always have a setting for very long delays. i use it for volume swells.
you don't know my rock and roll..

chrisrvr

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
Analog Delay-Carbon Copy very nice one