hulika

Author Topic: The case against carbohydrates gets stronger  (Read 1945 times)

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
The case against carbohydrates gets stronger
« on: November 15, 2018, 07:16:39 PM »
As anyone who’s gone on a diet knows, once you lose some weight, it gets harder to lose more. The “eat less, move more” mantra, as simple as it sounds, doesn’t help us deal with our bodies’ metabolic reality: As we shed pounds, we get even hungrier and our metabolism slows down.

But findings from a new study I led with my colleague Cara Ebbeling suggests that what we eat — not just how much — has a substantial effect on our metabolism and thus how much weight we gain or lose.

People have a hard time believing that weight control isn’t just a matter of calories eaten and calories burned. But there is an alternate hypothesis about obesity, which is what my group studies. The carbohydrate-insulin model argues that overeating isn’t the underlying cause of long-term weight gain. Instead, it’s the biological process of gaining weight that causes us to overeat.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-ludwig-carbohydrate-insulin-study-20181114-story.html?fbclid=IwAR1gSHVht3dw2vD_o1uzYLxXZ9aG66Ld31cir1g4vXhugC1AwWhmykT_K2E
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.