hulika

Author Topic: George Siochi's AMPs/Cab-Custom Lead GT with demo  (Read 21736 times)

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: George Siochi's AMPs/Cab-Custom Lead GT with demo
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2015, 01:05:21 PM »
Ah ayun, kasi I got this as a trade for some of my gear so not much choice. Vin's unit is a Kustombre and uses 6L6s, iirc. So dun pa lang talo na ako sa headroom and clean power. I think the Sunstream spits out about 15-18w.

ahh...sana kinuha mo na lang yung carinosa or yung isa pa niyang model...V22 ata yun (yung ginagamit ni vin dancel). The sunstream is more on the high gain side of things. Pero I've been in a band situation where the other guitarist was using a sunstream plugged into a 2x12, and he was audible on both clean and dirt channels while competing with a loud drummer and my 50watt
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
Ah ayun, kasi I got this as a trade for some of my gear so not much choice. Vin's unit is a Kustombre and uses 6L6s, iirc. So dun pa lang talo na ako sa headroom and clean power. I think the Sunstream spits out about 15-18w.

ask mo si George if he can still do something about the headroom...baka babaan ung bias(?). di ko na alam pinagsasasabi ko hehe. it's been a while since I was so into oogling tube technology.

OR

if it has an effects loop. plug directly into the effects return. skipping the high-gainish preamp might give you more clean headroom by just using the power amp directly.

we did this in one of the siochi amp vid demos. it was in the carinosa demo ata...or the GT din.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:45:16 PM by jm the mute »
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2015, 03:12:01 PM »
Oo nga baka pumunta na ako next week to have the headroom increased. The Power Amp option is not an option, since it also bypasses the eq section. Unless of course, he baked the eq in the power section, which is unlikely.

ask mo si George if he can still do something about the headroom...baka babaan ung bias(?). di ko na alam pinagsasasabi ko hehe. it's been a while since I was so into oogling tube technology.

OR

if it has an effects loop. plug directly into the effects return. skipping the high-gainish preamp might give you more clean headroom by just using the power amp directly.

we did this in one of the siochi amp vid demos. it was in the carinosa demo ata...or the GT din.

Offline beancurd

« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2015, 08:19:35 PM »
I use a Kustombre 22. gara sobra!

- Vin

ahh...sana kinuha mo na lang yung carinosa or yung isa pa niyang model...V22 ata yun (yung ginagamit ni vin dancel). The sunstream is more on the high gain side of things. Pero I've been in a band situation where the other guitarist was using a sunstream plugged into a 2x12, and he was audible on both clean and dirt channels while competing with a loud drummer and my 50watt
alahpeanutbuttersandwichezzz!!!

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2015, 11:17:49 AM »
Oo nga baka pumunta na ako next week to have the headroom increased. The Power Amp option is not an option, since it also bypasses the eq section. Unless of course, he baked the eq in the power section, which is unlikely.

Baka puede pakitanong sa kanya about his 5 watt amp na nabasa ko dati dito. Interested to know saang circuit based and estimated price thanks :-)

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2015, 09:58:21 PM »
Ah ayun, kasi I got this as a trade for some of my gear so not much choice. Vin's unit is a Kustombre and uses 6V6, iirc. So dun pa lang talo na ako sa headroom and clean power. I think the Sunstream spits out about 15-18w.

fixed.  ^-^
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2015, 09:02:23 AM »
Ayun, thanks for the correction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jrmercado

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2015, 09:14:38 AM »
tanong lang po mga sir. anong amp po ni sir george ang ala fender deluxe reverb? thanks

Offline philaxeman

« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2015, 10:49:18 PM »
I have this very amp now! Loving the dirty, but was wondering if I had old tubes since it was already breaking up at around 3 o clock gain. Was curious if it had more clean power than it currently has.

Hi bro Marco. There is not much clean headroom for this amp especially when using a humbucker-equipped guitar. The circuit is based on Soldano SLO which also for a 100 watt amp has not much clean headroom. The first stage can be easily be overdriven. Using a 12at7 in the V1 will allow more clean  but the overall volume is still low because the power amp is designed for 15-18 watts. A 100db speaker will give it more volume. Fyi. This used to be mine.
"Doing a Bend without makin' a Face..... Is like Eatin' Food without Tastin' it" - Paul Gilbert

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2015, 08:26:10 AM »
Thanks man! Sent you PM. :)

Hi bro Marco. There is not much clean headroom for this amp especially when using a humbucker-equipped guitar. The circuit is based on Soldano SLO which also for a 100 watt amp has not much clean headroom. The first stage can be easily be overdriven. Using a 12at7 in the V1 will allow more clean  but the overall volume is still low because the power amp is designed for 15-18 watts. A 100db speaker will give it more volume. Fyi. This used to be mine.