hulika

Author Topic: Gundam Kits and Mods  (Read 173255 times)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: Gundam Kits and Mods
« Reply #300 on: October 22, 2010, 07:51:06 AM »
Natalie of JNM recently emailed me their multiply updates and it includes this:

Now that's the kind of weathering that interests me. About time I deviated from aircraft.

Maybe, just maybe...
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #301 on: October 22, 2010, 01:07:06 PM »
Unicorn??? Gundam Unicorn? Did you modify it as well? I see 3 horns but I could be mistaken. I believe Unicorns only have one horn hehehe... Update naman on that, it looks cool in the pic, very mysterious...

Posted this a while back.

It has what we call a double V-fin, do technically, it has 4 horns (plus, the remaining stub of the Unicorn horn).  And yes, it's no longer the Unicorn, but the Chimera.

Check out the build progress at my blog http://mxgs.blogspot.com/

Natalie of JNM recently emailed me their multiply updates and it includes this:

Now that's the kind of weathering that interests me. About time I deviated from aircraft.

Maybe, just maybe...

We have Gunpla modelers who can do that kind of weathering and even battle damage, applying scale modeling techniques.
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #302 on: October 22, 2010, 01:18:13 PM »
Oh I would also like to have my own collection. But not now, maybe when I graduate from Medicine.

I would like a ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom and ZGMG-X19A Infinite Justice!

Well. I did have a Wing Gundam Zero, Gundam Heavy Arms Kai, Sandrock Gundam and the Shenlong Gundam but I don't know where they are now, I got them when I was like 7 years old?

Anyway, nice collection there, sir matanglawin!
RN. MD. General Surgeon. Bassist. Audiophile.
2 Elegee Custom 5-string Bass. 1979 Ibanez Musician Bass. Mono Vertigo.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2010, 01:45:08 PM »
Check out the build progress at my blog http://mxgs.blogspot.com/

You mentioned using Kosutte Gin San... where did you get it? Been asking around for it but it's hard to find.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »
You mentioned using Kosutte Gin San... where did you get it? Been asking around for it but it's hard to find.

I get it from a friend who orders it at rainbow10 for 950 smackers.  I have an order I still have to claim.

You can contact him directly through http://www.facebook.com/xander.xinger?v=app_2309869772#!/migsnoel.  He orders weekly, and depending on the volume, also meets up weekly for the orders.

Or, if you really need it, I can sell you my pending order (the Kosutte is a bit rare, and I won't be needing the new batch).

New Manila Sound

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2010, 05:47:31 PM »

panel lines na lang, done with the hands, konting plating na lang. ill use orange for panel lines ^^

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #306 on: October 22, 2010, 11:00:13 PM »

panel lines na lang, done with the hands, konting plating na lang. ill use orange for panel lines ^^

Did you patern the color scheme to deathscythe? Kalawit nlang ang kulang...tsaka pointed toes and batwings... Ganda men!
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #307 on: October 22, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
Haha! Tama while painting the kit white, napansin ko di maganda yun bosny white, so nagdecide ako na black, after painting the head, ayun bigla ko naisip deathscythe na nga. Haha. Wasnt aiming for the deathscythe look kaso dun talaga napunta hehe. Movable na fingers nya kaso 4 fingers agad.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #308 on: October 22, 2010, 11:45:46 PM »
It's also similar to the Strike Noir's color scheme.

New Manila Sound

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2010, 11:55:38 PM »
How do i enter bakwc? Try ko submit to . Thanks ^^

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #310 on: October 23, 2010, 12:53:53 AM »
How do i enter bakwc? Try ko submit to . Thanks ^^

Go to http://www.bankeepromos.com/ or http://www.bankeepromos.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74:bandai-model-kit-world-cup-2010&catid=36:events&Itemid=94

And download the Entry Form.  Fill it out and email to marketing@bankee.com.ph

For redundancy, ensuring that they get the info right, retype your info if you like, in the body of the email.  Bankee will email you back with your entry number.

New Manila Sound

Offline Mark Nolan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »
Sorry medyo OT yung question:

Mga Sirs, may alam ba kayong mabibilihan ng MAZINGER Z na action figure?

Meron akong nakita sa Comic Alley at doon sa Hobby shop sa tapat ng Yamaha sa Megamall. 2,300 ang asking price nila para sa ganito:

Meron pa bang iba na mas mura?

TIA!  :-) 

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
Mga Sirs, may alam ba kayong mabibilihan ng MAZINGER Z na action figure?

Try Shoppesville 3rd flr.

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2010, 07:59:50 PM »
Try Shoppesville 3rd flr.
if not there. V Mall 3rd flr.

Offline suspendead

• Board Moderator
« Reply #314 on: November 04, 2010, 07:40:23 PM »
Bought my very first Gundam today at Great Toys, Festival Mall and all the people there are friendly. I was looking for the Strike Gundam but when I saw the Shin Musha Gundam, it was like calling me and asking me to bring it home hahaha. So, I got the MG Shin Musha Gundam...

Shin Mishu Gundam:

I just want to ask, what gold paint should I use? The gold pieces are not really gold, I want it more gold and shine like the chrome sword. Thanks in advance...
" I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DON'T LIKE YOU "

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #315 on: November 04, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »
I use Flat black as base and primer, then Bosny 351 Gold, then gloss clear to make it shine  The result is a bit grainy for others, but is just fine with me.  

If you have an Airbrush, you can try the Tamiya or Mr Hobby paints, but I'm not quite sure how shiny they are.

There's also Alclad chrome then transparent yellow + orange to simulate gold.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:59:15 PM by matanglawin »

New Manila Sound

Offline suspendead

• Board Moderator
« Reply #316 on: November 04, 2010, 08:05:13 PM »
So, I have to paint it black first? Sorry for the noob question but im really new to painting kits. How about if I want to hand paint it? I dont have an Air Brush, how about spray paint, will it do or is it effective? Thanks.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #317 on: November 04, 2010, 08:23:41 PM »
So, I have to paint it black first? Sorry for the noob question but im really new to painting kits. How about if I want to hand paint it? I dont have an Air Brush, how about spray paint, will it do or is it effective? Thanks.

Flat Black, specifically.  In fact, I use Flat Black as a general purpose primer and base, then use gold, silver or aluminum as buffer for the transparent to layer.

Since this is your first kit, I'd suggest you try spray cans (I'm a bit bias since I have been using cans and have "perfected" a technique for it and I'm practically considered as a "spray can expert" by some), but I did hand brush frames before.  The drawback of handbrushing is the the unevenness of the strokes and brush marks, so you might want to try that later on after you have had practice.  For handbrushing, enamels are the paint of choice.

Spray cans, though convenient, are a bit tricky to use because one cannot adjust the spray area and strength, so it may take a while for you to get used to how it behaves.  Also, spray cans change behavior specifically midway as the pressure in the can decreases.

Check out my blog http://mxgs.blogspot.com.  I've got a few tutorials there you might be able to use, as well as links to other blogs you might find useful.  You might also like to visit out MAC Forum at http://s3.zetaboards.com/MACforums and check out how others do it.

New Manila Sound

Offline suspendead

• Board Moderator
« Reply #318 on: November 04, 2010, 08:48:58 PM »
Flat Black, specifically.  In fact, I use Flat Black as a general purpose primer and base, then use gold, silver or aluminum as buffer for the transparent to layer.

Since this is your first kit, I'd suggest you try spray cans (I'm a bit bias since I have been using cans and have "perfected" a technique for it and I'm practically considered as a "spray can expert" by some), but I did hand brush frames before.  The drawback of handbrushing is the the unevenness of the strokes and brush marks, so you might want to try that later on after you have had practice.  For handbrushing, enamels are the paint of choice.

Spray cans, though convenient, are a bit tricky to use because one cannot adjust the spray area and strength, so it may take a while for you to get used to how it behaves.  Also, spray cans change behavior specifically midway as the pressure in the can decreases.

Check out my blog http://mxgs.blogspot.com.  I've got a few tutorials there you might be able to use, as well as links to other blogs you might find useful.  You might also like to visit out MAC Forum at http://s3.zetaboards.com/MACforums and check out how others do it.

Thanks man, this has been a big help. Good blog by the way. So you use either Bosny or RJ London paints and its an Acrylic Expoxy Lacquer Paints. Got it, very cool. Does Ace hardware sell this paints? Another thing with spray painting, do I still have to use Flat Black as a base or I can just go straight to the main color. Very noob questions hahaha... Thank you very much again Man...

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #319 on: November 04, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »
Bought my very first Gundam today at Great Toys, Festival Mall and all the people there are friendly. I was looking for the Strike Gundam but when I saw the Shin Musha Gundam, it was like calling me and asking me to bring it home hahaha. So, I got the MG Shin Musha Gundam...

Shin Mishu Gundam:

Whoah! Thats what im talking about! Nice haul sir moderator. Told you, its a beautiful kit...

Btw, how much? :grin: does it cost you 3k+ ?

Target next the red frame astray.

Offline suspendead

• Board Moderator
« Reply #320 on: November 04, 2010, 10:21:27 PM »
Whoah! Thats what im talking about! Nice haul sir moderator. Told you, its a beautiful kit...

Btw, how much? :grin: does it cost you 3k+ ?

Target next the red frame astray.

Thanks. I was actually expecting it to be around 3k+ but the price on the box was 2,880 and since they have a sale, I got it for 2,590. I saw two boxes of Shin Mishu Gundam at the store but they have different prices. So I asked the difference. The expensive one had an additional platform, a background with Japanese Samurai era design and a sword rack but the price was almost double on what I got. So, I took the cheaper one hehehe. I was looking for the Red Astray but they run out of stock. I was also looking at the MG Strike Gundam but I still have to check with the big boss if I could buy it tomorrow hahaha.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #321 on: November 04, 2010, 11:32:55 PM »
Thanks man, this has been a big help. Good blog by the way. So you use either Bosny or RJ London paints and its an Acrylic Expoxy Lacquer Paints. Got it, very cool. Does Ace hardware sell this paints?

I've been using mostly Bosny for most my painting needs and I get them from local hardware stores since they are much cheaper as compared to any mall hardware, and specific RJ London colors (RJ, sad to say, is not carried by local hardware stores).  Regular Bosny/RJ colors sell around 150++ per can at malls, with metallics and special blends around 200 and above.  Bosny sells at only 90 to 110 at local stores.

I also have a few bottles of Tamiya acrylics and enamels (Lil's Hobby), for highlighting/wash panel lining, and cheap Semco acrylics (available at National) for general purpose use..

Another thing with spray painting, do I still have to use Flat Black as a base or I can just go straight to the main color. Very noob questions hahaha...

In my experience, I'd rather prime it first with Flat black, and I've recently started using grey primer.  Certain paint colors don't adhere readily without priming the surface, and you'll get that paint accumulating or flooding nooks and crannies. 

With cans, you would have to remind to control your bursts because new cans especially spurt out paint like a man having a premature ejack, pardon the analogy.  You will also have to get used to layering and misting at a distance, and you'll need plenty of patience NOT to saturate what you are painting.  Spray painting should be gradual, even with an AB.  I've learned the hard way when I was just starting when I sprayed parts point blank.

Also, you'll need to get a few tools, like side cutters, knives and such.  I also have those at my blog.

Thank you very much again Man...

You're welcome.

New Manila Sound

Offline kureiori

« Reply #322 on: November 05, 2010, 04:18:05 AM »
guys nakakita ako ng mga china na ganito pero iba ang names at yung mga worth 700 sa mall mga 250 lang dun ok kaya to tas i paint ko n lang??

or better the orig tlga

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #323 on: November 05, 2010, 11:24:38 AM »
Since the quality if the plastic is essential, getting original is still always better.  Bootleg kits are made of very low quality plastic, are often brittle, and damage easily, not to mention the alignment of connective parts are often an issue.

New Manila Sound

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #324 on: November 05, 2010, 12:38:44 PM »
guys nakakita ako ng mga china na ganito pero iba ang names at yung mga worth 700 sa mall mga 250 lang dun ok kaya to tas i paint ko n lang??

or better the orig tlga

Anong mall yan bro? Gusto ko din bumili kaso chain base. Yoko ng bootleg na kit, action base pwede pa.