hulika

Author Topic: John 5 - The Devil Knows My Name  (Read 1250 times)

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
John 5 - The Devil Knows My Name
« on: April 11, 2007, 02:53:42 PM »

1. First Victim
   2. The Werewolf of Westeria
   3. 27 Needles
   4. Bella Kiss
   5. Black Widow of La Porte
   6. Welcome to the Jungle
   7. Harold Rollings Hymn
   8. Dead Art in Plainfield
   9. Young Thing
  10. The Washing Away of Wrong
  11. July 31st (The Last Stand)

John 5 - Guitars
John 5, Piggy D. & Matt Bissonette - Bass
Sid Riggs & Tommy Clueftos - Drums

JOHN 5 has one of the most impressive guitar players as well as on of the most obscure in new guitar based rock music. He has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, across a variety of genres. Just to name a few, here you get: MARILYN MANSON, ROB ZOMBIE, MEATLOAF, PAUL STANLEY, STEVE VAI, ALBERT LEE, ROB HALFORD and DAVE LEE ROTH amongst others. Impressed huh? John 5 continues to create his own reputation and writes for other artists, including LYNYRD SKYNYRD and more.

Here you will be able to find many guitar musical elements and trends - such as shredding, country, western swing, even violin playing. There are many melodic parts plus an occasional boogie touch. JOHN 5 tries to make a new approach towards the instrument and he has succeeded in a way. There are utterly tons of shred in this CD - plus his legato is also quite phenomenal.

The album has contributions from JOE SATRIANI in "The Werewolf of Westeria" , JIM ROOT and ERIC JOHNSON as well as band mates, Piggy D. (also responsible for artwork) and Tommy Clufetos. There are some small STEVE VAI elements ( "Bella Kiss" ) and the whole album shows John’s technical skills and virtuosity. The compositions are quite good and do not have that much of "new" elements as I was expecting to. Instead of that, this CD mostly deals with "classic" approach towards the six string goddess, with a slight touch of a new sound feeling. If you are not a shredder fan then this album may appeal as a bit boring to you - in a few songs - but you can give it its chance. Maybe not all of his compositions are that unique but this album - especially if you are a guitar fan will not let you down - will not let you down and will offer you a new approach.

With two solo albums under his belt and a third release in April 2007 - plus a new permanent position with ROB ZOMBIE, guitar future has John 5 in it, that’s for sure. The album’s artwork has been designed by Piggy D, bassist for ROB ZOMBIE. Piggy also appears on this album, which is to be released on April 3, 2007. Highlights of this album can be considered - amongst the other - the following ones: "The Werewolf of Westeria" , "27 Needles" , "Black Widow of La Porte" and "Dead Art in Plainfield" .

panalo itong album na to.   ganda ng version nya ng Welcome To The Jungle.  got mine last week :-D
eto pala teaser video

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: John 5 - The Devil Knows My Name
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 03:48:54 PM »
hoy !! ayos.. !!

sam san ka nakabili ?

ayos ito.. wala pa rin ako nung vertigo na album  :-(
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing