hulika

Author Topic: Eraserheads Reunion Concert - an abrupt end?  (Read 7484 times)

Offline edzpen

Re: Eraserheads Reunion Concert - an abrupt end?
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 10:16:21 AM »
they (Eheads) definitely don't owe the audience anything!  they gave the first set their all!  but the producers do. :-)

the producers don't owe us a thing, since the incident was the effect of force majeure. Hindi nila ginusto na ganun ang mangyayari. Sa akin ok na rin yun, kung mapapansin natin, ang linis ng audio na nadidinig natin sa concert kagabi, as if, yung naririnig natin ay parang digital recording, plus, 15 songs pa yung nahataw ng banda. And the fact na nakita ko rin silang apat na tumutugtog together on stage is already enough, sulit na sulit na yung bayad sa ganyang lagay.

Siguro mas ok kung sa stage siya nagcollapse para walang umaangal...bakit ba ganun? Magpasalamat tayo na nangyari ito, hindi yung puro reklamo ang ginagawa natin. Hindi pa ba sapat sa inyo ang nakita silang apat na magkasama bilang isang banda, kahit man lang sandali?

Yung mga nakaattend sa gig, let's be grateful, we become part and witness to one of the greatest event in Philippine music history.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:22:59 AM by edzpen »

Offline cowboi_way

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 10:45:09 AM »
ely is just human like you.
fender standard strat (standard lang)squire by fender strat cali (crap)fender fm 25dsp (crappy)marshall ms-2r (great sounding amp, cool od)yamaha fx370c (ok na rin)kahon - maestro ( nakita sa mag used by escueta)line 6 - floor pod ( yeah  ! )
fender-dc60

Offline rajhan lennon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 11:02:24 AM »
Underneath is supposedly the set list for last night. I guess, if there's one good thing that came out of this reunion concert after all the hassles is that the 4 of them are now closer than before the reunion gig happened.

Then again, knowing them, and knowing how good their hearts are to the fans, just have a feeling that, there might just be a repeat kaya itago niyo mga tickets niyo dahil pag-sine-swerte tayo di niyo din masabi, they might just honor our tickets again.hehe

Although, they don't owe us anything by cutting the concert short last night considering the valid reason...just feel that we have'nt seen the last of the E-heads   8-)

alapaap
          ligaya
          sembreak
          hey jay
          harana
          fruitcake
          toyang
          kama supra
           kailan
          huwag kang matakot
          kaliwete
          with a smile
          shake yer head
          huawag mo ng itanong
          light years

-break-

maskara
          poorman's grave
          torpedo
          trip to jerusalem
          back to me
          maselang bahaghari
          maling akala
          tikman
          spolarium
          magasin
          para sa masa
          overdrive
          pare ko
          minsan
          huling el bimbo

by the way the set list is courtesy of "Marizen Cecilio-Gentica" from the mailing list.

at least natapos ang first set, pinaligaya na tyo ng eheads kahit papano. sana may part 2, kahit yung 2nd set nlng, at sana may dvd release yung 1st set. any news dyan about releasing this on video? :-)

im a real nowhere walrus

Offline anoemous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 01:37:18 PM »
aw, "Minsan" pala yung 2nd to the last song nila.  :cry:

i was pissed of with this guy who is on my side when we're watching the concert last night (gen. admission area). Before they perform Fruitcake, this [papaya] guy shouted "Ely baka atakihin ka!! baka sumunod ka sa nanay mo!!"

i really want to punch him that time, ayaw ko lang ng gulo.

to Ely, i hope you will recover soon, i was overwhelmed to see you guys performed after almost six years. Gaya nga ng sinabi ni sir dyugs, rehearsal pa lang mapapaiyak ka na.
Lurking Philmusic since 2006

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 12:36:37 AM »
the producers don't owe us a thing, since the incident was the effect of force majeure. Hindi nila ginusto na ganun ang mangyayari. Sa akin ok na rin yun, kung mapapansin natin, ang linis ng audio na nadidinig natin sa concert kagabi, as if, yung naririnig natin ay parang digital recording, plus, 15 songs pa yung nahataw ng banda. And the fact na nakita ko rin silang apat na tumutugtog together on stage is already enough, sulit na sulit na yung bayad sa ganyang lagay.

good point.  no one can be held liable for force majeure.  sorry i failed to consider this.   :-)

what i was saying is that prudence dictates that producers (or whoever) should do something to fill the gap.  i applaud their prudence to cut the concert short because a person's life is more important than anything.  i'm just expecting that they would also be prudent enough to consider the fact that an event was not finished, which should not be the case.

Siguro mas ok kung sa stage siya nagcollapse para walang umaangal...bakit ba ganun? Magpasalamat tayo na nangyari ito, hindi yung puro reklamo ang ginagawa natin. Hindi pa ba sapat sa inyo ang nakita silang apat na magkasama bilang isang banda, kahit man lang sandali?

Yung mga nakaattend sa gig, let's be grateful, we become part and witness to one of the greatest event in Philippine music history.

i think everyone who attended the concert are grateful to have witnessed one of the greatest events in Philippine music history.  :-)

EDIT:

looks like Ely's out of danger.  with everyone's prayers, the guy will be back up in no time.  Philippine musicdom is praying for you Ely.  everyone is here for you.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 12:44:45 AM by maxi_musikero »
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 12:44:11 AM »
i won't feel any better if i were refunded half of the ticket's worth.

i would just take it on faith that there will be a second one; we'll all have to believe the drummer when he said that the concert won't be the last one.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 12:45:53 AM »
i won't feel any better if i were refunded half of the ticket's worth.

neither would i.   :-)

i would just take it on faith that there will be a second one; we'll all have to believe the drummer when he said that the concert won't be the last one.

+1. :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline toybitz

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 12:58:41 AM »
who wouldn't be over fatigue over:

1) the loss of his mother
2) the most exciting and emotional concert ever
- why? i'm sure..verys sure that even..after a long break from each other, even under unresolved differences..wouldn't you feel really, really good playing with your old friends and mates?  that would really give your heart so much tension caused by sheer joy alone plus the good vibes people (especially the audience) around you bring.
- ...and to sing good 'ol happy songs again..songs that bring a lot of memories and feelings you've felt during those times in your life..

there definitely will be a part 2..I'm sure..babawi sila.  Pilipino yang mga yan eh.  Nabitin nila fans nila, at nabitin din sila.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 01:02:28 AM »
...at nabitin din sila.

i felt this as well. parang "gut" feel :)

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 01:21:02 AM »
A friend cracked a joke that the smoke from the fireworks weakened Ely :)

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 01:31:17 AM »

yun din iniisip ko hehe

Offline rajhan lennon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 09:06:34 AM »
guys wag na tayo humingi ng refund pa..  :wink: ok lang yan..

isipin nalang natin na tulong na yon kay Ely, for her mother's death (abuloy nalang tol)

well.. ammm.. for me kasi dapat di muna talaga tinuloy ang concert..
sana dinelay muna kahit for 1 week lang..
lalo na nung namatay yung mother ni Ely..

sayang lang kasi talaga, i min baka di na ulit magkaron ng concert
or kung meron man matagal na ulit..
sana lang etong concert na 'to ginawa nilang worth remembering for..
well im not saying inde naman.. its still worth remembering
but it could had been better if they finished it with a "BANG"
tapos holding hands yung apat, then take a decent bow na sabay-sabay sila

sabay sabay bng mgba-bow, paran beatles ba paren dude?  :-)

im a real nowhere walrus

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 10:13:05 AM »
Siguro much better kung inimbitahan na rin sina Dodong,Robert at Erap.

EHhehehe reunion in concert ng THE YOUTH.

Sila na lang ang magtutuloy ng concert.

Yun nga lang wala silang Cut doon sa "TF" na apat.

Offline great_genius10

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »
who wouldn't be over fatigue over:

1) the loss of his mother
2) the most exciting and emotional concert ever
- why? i'm sure..verys sure that even..after a long break from each other, even under unresolved differences..wouldn't you feel really, really good playing with your old friends and mates?  that would really give your heart so much tension caused by sheer joy alone plus the good vibes people (especially the audience) around you bring.
- ...and to sing good 'ol happy songs again..songs that bring a lot of memories and feelings you've felt during those times in your life..

there definitely will be a part 2..I'm sure..babawi sila.  Pilipino yang mga yan eh.  Nabitin nila fans nila, at nabitin din sila.

at idagdag mo na rin ang pressure na nakaharap sila sa 60,000 fans.
I don't really care if they label me a "Jesus freak". There ain't no disguising the truth.

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 05:49:33 PM »

Kahit sa Youtube may ganyang komento.  :-)
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline oluap

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2008, 07:07:43 AM »
parang ang init init kasi sa stage eh..pawis pawis sila lahat tpos doble pa suot ni elyboy

Offline planters

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2008, 08:18:04 AM »
i felt this as well. parang "gut" feel :)

bitin talaga bro kaya pumunta yung 3 sa saguijo para magjam pa kasama iba nilang mga kaibigan the Dancel bros, Chris of cambio, etc. andun din ata si mark escueta what a night!  :-)

Offline JaPoSkEE

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 12:58:57 AM »
According to my reliable source, ang last words daw ni Ely backstage kay Dianne before being rushed to the hospital is (believe it or not) "Astig...." then the rest was history.

And there was supposed to be a huge fireworks display at the finale (as in mahal talaga).

Para sa akin, walang nasayang na sandali. Natutuwa pa nga ako dahil nakita ulet natin silang apat na magkakasama sa stage at naging united na naman lahat ng tao. Walang coņo, walang jologs, lahat naging isa sa musika ng Eraserheads.

Buti pa sila nagreunion. Unlike The Beatles, wala man lang reunion. Namatay na lang yung dalawa. I'm glad that the 'Heads decided to let go of their differences for a while and become the rockstars that we admired back then.

Saludo ko sa Eheads. They still played their hearts out (in Ely's case, Literaly played his heart out).

Sir Ely pagaling kayo. "Apat ang Paa ng Lamesa" Hindi pwedeng may kulang.

8-)

PS: Please join our Facebook group (I WAS THERE at the ERASERHEADS REUNION CONCERT)

www.facebook.com/paranoidcity

SUPPORT INDIE BANDS!!