hulika

Author Topic: why i nid 2 mod my pdal efx?  (Read 1698 times)

Offline niceguy_2007

• Netizen Level
why i nid 2 mod my pdal efx?
« on: May 31, 2007, 09:28:39 AM »
mga bosing & sir ... i hve lots of boss pedal efx, tanong ko lang   kung mas gagnda po ba ang tunog nito pag ipapamod ko? di pa ba sapat yung quality ng pagkakagawa d2?   :?

Offline spilledmilk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: why i nid 2 mod my pdal efx?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 09:36:06 AM »
if u want ur pedal to sound different from a stock pedal, u can opt to having it modded...

meron ako alam

"Resoldering" Mod  :wink:
Gibson SG Standard Silverburst
Siochi Custom Lead GT 50 Watt Head
Matching 2x12 Cab with Vintage 30s

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:44:38 AM »
depende sa preferrence mo sir, imho meron akong gus2ng stock at mod na tunog.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:02:40 AM »
mga bosing & sir ... i hve lots of boss pedal efx, tanong ko lang   kung mas gagnda po ba ang tunog nito pag ipapamod ko? di pa ba sapat yung quality ng pagkakagawa d2?   :?

Tell me your gtr-->fx-->amp setup and tell me what tone you want to see if you really need a mod.  Mods are nothing but hit and miss.  For all you know the stock version of your fx will work best for you.

Offline IncX

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 11:37:16 AM »

you dont need to.

the question is whether you WANT to.

if you dont know what sound you like... dont get anything modded. instead, concentrate on your playing... and with better skill, comes the desire for better tone :)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 11:38:53 AM »

Tell me your gtr-->fx-->amp setup and tell me what tone you want to see if you really need a mod.  Mods are nothing but hit and miss.  For all you know the stock version of your fx will work best for you.

Which pedals of yours are modded ? By who ? Want to make this more interesting ?
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline enceladus19

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 11:54:52 AM »

Which pedals of yours are modded ? By who ? Want to make this more interesting ?

wahaha.. this was the answer..  :-D

Offline IncX

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 12:31:33 PM »

if i may allow to comment on this... to make it fair.

if you:

1.) work with the modder every step of the way - assuming that you get along really well with him on a personal level
2.) know what sound you like.
3.) brought your amp and guitar to be tested with the mod pedal in progress

THEN: modding = a hit with you and your current preference.

But if you:

1.) leave your pedal in the shop because you are busy.
2.) just say something generic like "i want a heavier tone and more mid control"
3.) didn't bring your amp and guitar to be tested with the mod pedal in progress.

THEN: modding = a hit or miss thing.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »
Mismo ! You have to share with your surgeon the results you're expecting and from the get-go will be told whether it's all possible or not. And minimze all possible variables.

Parang pupunta ka ke Dr. Calayan, tapos sabihin mo "bahala ka na sa mukha ko doc".  Aba'y ni hindi mo sinabi kung gusto mong pa-ganda o pa-pangit ang gusto mong resulta. Baka Michael Jackson pala labas mo :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline beachhead

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 12:54:38 PM »
Common pedals that are usually modded can't operate on extreme settings. Some mods will push your pedal to higher limits. Sound/ tone is always a factor. But the possiblities are infinite. The opinions above are true enough.
Supreme Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION
Due to the new policy, no graphics allowed, we are changing the style of the SD-1 coalition signature.
 http://beachhead20.multiply.com/

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 03:03:04 PM »
you dont need to.

the question is whether you WANT to.
Yan, that is it. If you like the way the pedal performs out of the box, then you most likely do not need a mod. If you like some things about the pedal but desire some things to be improved, then you want to have it modded. For example, one guy comes up to me with this SD-1 and says, "I really like the tone but I want a to reduce the noise as much as possible, increase the bass response slightly and tame the treble response of the tone control." With those directives, I was able to focus in on what mods to do on the guys pedal. Did the guy need to have his pedal modded? No, but he wanted to.