hulika

Author Topic: Stage Presence... Your thoughts?  (Read 6432 times)

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Stage Presence... Your thoughts?
« on: December 21, 2011, 11:57:54 AM »
I believe theres something magical about musikeros who walk up on stage and and can pull off a tremendous amount of stage presence...

factors that affect it are clothes, looks, aura, attitude..etc all of these + talent and great songs...sure fire win towards the ROCKSTAR path.

Do you and your band have this?
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

mollenejosh

Re: Stage Presence... Your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 01:34:57 PM »
For me, first of all, it's the talent. That is the magical thing.  :)

There is no impact/stage presence if you see a band/musician walking up on stage that you never heard of, no matter how good-looking they are.

For instance, Nirvana's attire are not much with good clothing, but, you judge now how their music became a legend.

They have a huge impact, figuratively and literally.  :-D

Not also Nirvana, but other musicians that became legends. They may be not very good-looking but they are really a rockstars because of their talents and ability to communicate/express themselves with the audience. That's my observation.

I agree with aura and attitudes. They really affect stage presence. Looks and clothing are least.

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 08:34:31 AM »
agree ako with this!

although talent itself is 75% of the whole pie, the other 25% can be broken down to clothes, enery, aura mga ganon ba.

may mga banda kasi na ang gagaling ngang musikero pero parang tuod lang na nakatayo in one place.

admittedly, hindi pa ako ganon kagaling to run around and be like eddie van halen (idol ko e) on stage pero i try and i think it's best kung nakikita ng tao na komportable ka on stage and having fun.  :-D

malaki naitutulong ng red horse hahahaha  :eek:
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 12:16:13 AM »
okay din sana matutunan maki-pag communicate sa audience.may kilala kasi ko na banda, mga gwapings at may talent naman pero sandamukal ang naririnig mula sa audience  kahit na walang yabang itong mga taong ito.kahit na anong attempt ni frontman na makipag-usap tablado lagi.

Offline caiLLORIN

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 11:11:47 PM »
Na-notice ko na guys who could stir the crowd eventually would win the crowd. Iba ang dating ng banda na sobrang komportable sa stage, especially sa mga BOTB. But, as stated by sir fizz450_03, 75% must go to the talent.
And I agree with this as well:

malaki naitutulong ng red horse hahahaha  :eek:

Noong mga first gigs ko, nerbyos na nerbyos ako kung hindi ako nakainom. Hehehehe.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 11:31:08 PM »
guys who could stir the crowd eventually would win the crowd. Iba ang dating ng banda na sobrang komportable sa stage

MISMO!!!!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline caiLLORIN

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 11:49:36 PM »
Funny experience though, an incident from a gig at our university was held. We had 15 minutes to setup (including a soundcheck). It was an acquaintance party for the course. Nag-soundcheck kami ng Metropolis II, crowd had no reaction. We went off the stage and put on our masks. Even after playing an original compo, and nobody knew the lyrics, people still cheered for us. 

Lesson I learned: when you do something very different from whatever everybody else is doing, you get noticed.

BTW, we play electronica/shoegaze/prog.  :)

My mask at the event:

Offline IncX

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 12:26:51 AM »

here are my thoughts on stage presence:

-beginners put too much emphasis on it when they should be learning how to play
-'veterans' do not think about it when they are supposed to know how to entertain a crowd by this point

Offline evhul

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 11:13:59 AM »
Depends on the crowd.

If you're on a Musician gig, you don't need it. It's the music that sparks band/people to do crazy acts.

On a gig like BOTB, Pulp, Redhorse, multi-genre ticket selling gig, etc. You SHOULD be entertaining, even on slow parts.

Offline Sneaky Bastard

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 09:59:20 PM »
Stage Presence?

For me there are TWO MAIN TYPES of stage presence

Ung isa, kelangan parati kang nakangiti habang tumutugtog, kahit na NAGKAKALAT NA ANG GITARISTA o NAWAWALA SA TIYEMPO ANG DRUMMER. Your POGI AND YOU KNOW IT, so PUT YER HANDS IN THE AIR LIKE YA JUST DONT CARE.

Ung isa naman, ung tipong TUMATALON, nagspiSPINNING ng GITARA, finiFLIP ANG DRUMSTICK habang tumutugtog. Thats performance FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC not FOR THE LOVE OF SELF tulad ng Type Number One.

Tapos meron din namang KAKAIBANG STAGE PRESENCE tulad ng stage presence ni GG ALLIN, born Jesus Christ Allin (Im serious dewd) nung PANAHON NI MAHOMA, seriously di ko alam ung birth year nya. Yan ang taong JUMEJEBS ON STAGE tas kinakain nya ang sarili nyang human waste. Madaming klase ng KAKAIBANG STAGE PRESENCE but for me mas gusto ko pa un kesa Type Number 1 or POGI ROCK STAGE PRESENCE.

My favorite stage presence is Cindy Lou's stage presence. Lam nyo ung litol gurlalu sa THE GRINCH? Rakstar na sya ngaun at wala syang qualms on unintentionally and intentionally SHOWING HER ASSETS TO THE CROWD. Search nyo PRETTY RECKLESS or TAYLOR MOMSEN sa Yuchub. Oooohhhyeaaahhhh.
Butt-hurt much?

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 11:08:21 PM »
Cindy Lou

AYAYAAAAY!!! PANALO!! links naman yung pinapakita niya assets niya onstage...hanep.ala  HOLE ba?

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline Sneaky Bastard

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »

AYAYAAAAY!!! PANALO!! links naman yung pinapakita niya assets niya onstage...hanep.ala  HOLE ba?

With pleasure Mr HIPSTAH LUVAHHHH

Enjoy!

Butt-hurt much?

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 12:13:08 AM »
Taylor MOmsen..

Sneaky, wla ako masabi...actually dala niya yung sexual rocker niya..18 palang pero hanep yung sex appeal...panalo man! kesa naman sa avril lavigne putik...basurang poser....etong si cindy lou...sobrang confident at attitude talaga!!! hot siya!

feature=fvwrel

ETO SA BERLIN ?!?! eh centro ng hedonistic scene doon! HANEP!!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:14:54 AM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 10:14:38 AM »
clean looks and hindi mukang hindi naliligo for me is enough. hehehe

:-D :-D

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 10:42:15 AM »
basta pag nakikita ko nag-eenjoy yung tumutugtog at di tipong pilit yung moves, masaya ako panoorin.

Offline vitek

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 01:31:05 PM »

Talent and how they communicate to the audience..
♫ Transgression and Instrumental Virtuosity ♫                                                             

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »
basta pag nakikita ko nag-eenjoy yung tumutugtog at di tipong pilit yung moves, masaya ako panoorin.

Same thoughts with you. Also, hindi ko masyado gusto yung salita ng salita, tipong dave grohl and john mayer. I like listening to some of their music though.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 04:41:23 PM »
Same thoughts with you. Also, hindi ko masyado gusto yung salita ng salita, tipong dave grohl and john mayer. I like listening to some of their music though.

nababagot ako pag masyado madaldal. oks na ako sa simpleng bati at pagpapakilala. wag naman yung tipong akala mo kilala nya personally yung lahat ng audience kung bumati at makachika :-)

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 05:53:49 PM »
di ko sure. pero baka maytinatawag na band appeal e. Oasis parang tuod pero sold out lagi.

Offline IncX

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 06:05:44 PM »
di ko sure. pero baka maytinatawag na band appeal e. Oasis parang tuod pero sold out lagi.

i guess they have that sexy rockstar appeal

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 06:11:17 PM »
stage presence is..basically your connection with the audience....can they feel your energy ..your music...

langhiya may napanuod akong banda dati, walang kalatoy latoy..nakasandal lang yung isang gitarista sa wall..pastrum strum...

meron din yung iba na siguro baguhan..yung nakatalikod lang lagi..tsaka parang sila lang yung nasa venue...sila sila lang nagtutugtugan..

so many factors talaga to make it sa music...hindi lang sa galing..hindi lang sa ganda ng kanta..isang package kung baga..

looks wise..madali naman kumuha ng stylist at mag training eh..pero yung over all aura talaga..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 08:55:26 AM »

meron din yung iba na siguro baguhan..yung nakatalikod lang lagi..tsaka parang sila lang yung nasa venue...sila sila lang nagtutugtugan..

Mismo 'to, akala ko cool ito dati, many years ago hahaha. Nung highschool kasi, sabi ng barkada namin, kung nahihiya kayo tumalikod lang kayo haha. Ayun, kung anong hitsura noong nagpapractice sa studio (magkakaharap pati vocalist) ganoon din sa stage. Nakakainis pala panoorin.

I guess yung something nga na magical is when the artists are truly enjoying or feeling what they are doing and at the same time connecting with the audience, communicating with them. Expressing nga kung baga.

Sabi nga ni Zack de la Rocha, (not exact words) the energy comes from us to our guitars/amplifiers, to the audience and then back to us.

Offline lennon12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 08:59:13 AM »

you should watch PENTAVIA live.....
an eye for an eye

will make us all blind

Offline IncX

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 09:04:41 AM »
sometimes its just so hard to give a good stage show, the pinas crowd is just very hard to impress at times. you try to connect with them onstage, and for some reason it just never happens.

back then, i always look at the crowd and give a good performance, but nowadays, i just look at the neck of my bass, dance and perform without looking at the crowd. nothing makes me wish i was home than playing a gig only to see that the audience is doing something stupid like playing temple run 2 on their smart phones

Offline cAmf

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 05:32:37 AM »
for me, if you really put your heart into it then the crowd will feel you.. then the words "stage presence" will show..