hulika

Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions on GUITARS / AMPs / PEDALS and REVIEW  (Read 1234238 times)

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Frequently Asked Questions on GUITARS / AMPs / PEDALS and REVIEW
« Reply #7850 on: June 29, 2018, 02:57:49 AM »
Guys, what would be a good dirt pedal under 3.5k? any suggestions? Im looking for options to replace my current one. And if possible pass po sa mga high gain  :)
A used Shredhead. You can check those Mooers and Joyo as well.
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7851 on: June 29, 2018, 12:56:28 PM »
Guys, what would be a good dirt pedal under 3.5k? any suggestions? Im looking for options to replace my current one. And if possible pass po sa mga high gain  :)

The CALINE PURESKY. that [gooey brown stuff] sings for less than 2k :((( gassing for one hahahaha
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline vexus

« Reply #7852 on: June 29, 2018, 06:33:13 PM »
I have a mooer hustle drive. Then a boston heavy metal as an extra :lol:

Offline vexus

« Reply #7853 on: June 29, 2018, 06:34:56 PM »
Naisip ko rin actually yung SH and puresky. Grabe nga sa mga nakikita ko yung puresky seems like a good pedal for the price haha

Offline vexus

« Reply #7854 on: June 29, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »
Kino-consider ko rin yung boss ds1 (2nd hand) if ever although wala pa akong info talaga about this one. Naririnig ko lang sa youtube haha. Alternative lang naman genre namin

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7855 on: June 29, 2018, 08:13:41 PM »
my suggestion doesn't meet 3.5k budget but, if you're planning to raise up a little, Soulfood and Super blues pro. Very versatile.
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline vexus

« Reply #7856 on: June 29, 2018, 08:47:05 PM »
I'll look into it! Thanks guys! :-D

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7857 on: July 01, 2018, 01:00:29 PM »
Kino-consider ko rin yung boss ds1 (2nd hand) if ever although wala pa akong info talaga about this one. Naririnig ko lang sa youtube haha. Alternative lang naman genre namin

Anong bands ba influence nyo? Versatile yun shredhead and pasok sa budget mo. Depende din sa amp na gamit mo, a Joyo vintage overdrive paired with my Blackstar HT1RH was good enough for me for alternative rock

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7858 on: July 02, 2018, 10:38:51 AM »
Anong bands ba influence nyo? Versatile yun shredhead and pasok sa budget mo. Depende din sa amp na gamit mo, a Joyo vintage overdrive paired with my Blackstar HT1RH was good enough for me for alternative rock

because Tone is in the Amp ;)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7859 on: July 02, 2018, 10:39:47 AM »
my suggestion doesn't meet 3.5k budget but, if you're planning to raise up a little, Soulfood and Super blues pro. Very versatile.

bro, I will pit the PureSky vs the soulfood. you should try that sheeeet. solid eh!

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7860 on: July 02, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »
because Tone is in the Amp ;)

:wink: True.
I'm saving up for my next Tube Amp Head purchase. Peavey Classic 20 MH or Fender Bassbreaker 15 or Marshall DSL20HR?
I need something recording friendly so speaker emulated output is a must. Hindi pwede mag mic ng cab sa apartment magagalit ang kapitbahay bago ko pa mareach optimum volume level  :eek:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7861 on: July 02, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »
:wink: True.
I'm saving up for my next Tube Amp Head purchase. Peavey Classic 20 MH or Fender Bassbreaker 15 or Marshall DSL20HR?
I need something recording friendly so speaker emulated output is a must. Hindi pwede mag mic ng cab sa apartment magagalit ang kapitbahay bago ko pa mareach optimum volume level  :eek:

if you really need the emulated out, why not try the blackstars? :)
IMHO, the Marshall and Fender are... lackluster. and the Peaver Classic 20 is not a very versatile amp.

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7862 on: July 02, 2018, 01:21:06 PM »
if you really need the emulated out, why not try the blackstars? :)
IMHO, the Marshall and Fender are... lackluster. and the Peaver Classic 20 is not a very versatile amp.

I thought the contrary of the Peavey Classic 20, I thought because of all the features it should be very versatile plus the clean channel has really good reviews.
Would the emulated out sound different/better on higher end models of Blackstar? I think it's pretty decent on my HT1RH but the lack of EQ is what's bugging me.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7863 on: July 02, 2018, 02:09:30 PM »
I thought the contrary of the Peavey Classic 20, I thought because of all the features it should be very versatile plus the clean channel has really good reviews.
Would the emulated out sound different/better on higher end models of Blackstar? I think it's pretty decent on my HT1RH but the lack of EQ is what's bugging me.

yes. it will only get better. the higher models will have the EQ knobs.

the classic 20 kasi, I heard multiple times in a band setting and live setting. and it sounded ok. not quite the magical tube experience for me. IMHO, its all volume and loudness, but it doesn't have a distinct character. this maybe a good thing or a bad thing.

the Classic 20 was heard in a band setting against a Mesa transatlantic, a Mesa Express5 25 and a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I just thought it sounded just decent when compared to the others while we were playing in the band.

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7864 on: July 02, 2018, 02:32:18 PM »
yes. it will only get better. the higher models will have the EQ knobs.

the classic 20 kasi, I heard multiple times in a band setting and live setting. and it sounded ok. not quite the magical tube experience for me. IMHO, its all volume and loudness, but it doesn't have a distinct character. this maybe a good thing or a bad thing.

the Classic 20 was heard in a band setting against a Mesa transatlantic, a Mesa Express5 25 and a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I just thought it sounded just decent when compared to the others while we were playing in the band.

Which Blackstar model would you suggest I check?
Saka ano ba for you ang "magical tube experience"? mas gusto ko na maginvest sa long term na gear kaysa mag buy and sell  :eek:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7865 on: July 02, 2018, 04:27:37 PM »
Which Blackstar model would you suggest I check?
Saka ano ba for you ang "magical tube experience"? mas gusto ko na maginvest sa long term na gear kaysa mag buy and sell  :eek:

its like this, when I play with a tube amp, the notes and licks just seem to come effortlessly. mas nakakagana magplay kumbaga. the tube amp experience just envelopes you and brings you to a zone where you can seemingly play anything and it would sound as sweet as honey. hahahaha

for Blackstars...at least the HT20 siguro. you get the EQ, you get the Emu-out, you get the pure tube goodness. friendly price pa. I used one for a live recording and I found it great for pedals. cleans are wonderful.

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7866 on: July 02, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »
its like this, when I play with a tube amp, the notes and licks just seem to come effortlessly. mas nakakagana magplay kumbaga. the tube amp experience just envelopes you and brings you to a zone where you can seemingly play anything and it would sound as sweet as honey. hahahaha

for Blackstars...at least the HT20 siguro. you get the EQ, you get the Emu-out, you get the pure tube goodness. friendly price pa. I used one for a live recording and I found it great for pedals. cleans are wonderful.

gets ko na yun magical tube experience. My dream amp is a Deluxe Reverb pero dahil sa presyo dream pa din sya until now so mas realistic yun mga amps na nabanggit ko above.
Thanks for the advice, check ko nga HT20. What about HT5, may EQ na din sya, is it not much of an upgrade from the HT1RH? Ang panget ng reverb ng HT1RH, unnatural at may kasamang noise

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7867 on: July 02, 2018, 08:39:56 PM »
bro, I will pit the PureSky vs the soulfood. you should try that sheeeet. solid eh!
Paul (blitzkriegbugz) our friend from the band May said the same about the pedal. I never got the chance to try it cause I'm pretty satisfied with my soulfood. Though this SF of mine is making some issues right now (engage button miss fires) I might get this if the pedal got totally destroyed because of  gigging a lot during weekends.
Thanks for the tip.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7868 on: July 03, 2018, 10:29:08 AM »
gets ko na yun magical tube experience. My dream amp is a Deluxe Reverb pero dahil sa presyo dream pa din sya until now so mas realistic yun mga amps na nabanggit ko above.
Thanks for the advice, check ko nga HT20. What about HT5, may EQ na din sya, is it not much of an upgrade from the HT1RH? Ang panget ng reverb ng HT1RH, unnatural at may kasamang noise

TBH, the Deluxe Reverb isn't that much far in price. onting hintay hintay lang and you'll be able to get it. suggest getting a minty used DRRI :)

okay rin yung HT-5RH nga naman. mas mura tska mas mababa headroom. madali I push to breakup hahaha don't expect much from the built-in reverb hahaha I suggest you pedal that nalang :)
Paul (blitzkriegbugz) our friend from the band May said the same about the pedal. I never got the chance to try it cause I'm pretty satisfied with my soulfood. Though this SF of mine is making some issues right now (engage button miss fires) I might get this if the pedal got totally destroyed because of  gigging a lot during weekends.
Thanks for the tip.

napa "gasp" talaga ako sa toanz eh. huhuhuhu im replacing my DLS MKIII with this hahaha

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7869 on: July 05, 2018, 10:54:03 AM »
Who do I contact to buy tubes for amps? (12AX7 and 6V6)
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7870 on: July 05, 2018, 12:28:55 PM »
Who do I contact to buy tubes for amps? (12AX7 and 6V6)

SPUDMUSIC care of mr. Spanky. chck the classifieds.

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7871 on: July 05, 2018, 08:29:40 PM »
napa "gasp" talaga ako sa toanz eh. huhuhuhu im replacing my DLS MKIII with this hahaha
hahaha I will buy a pure sky then trade it to your DLS.  :lol:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7872 on: July 06, 2018, 01:58:52 PM »
hahaha I will buy a pure sky then trade it to your DLS.  :lol:

add cash ka po :D

Offline rickbig41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7873 on: July 06, 2018, 02:17:08 PM »
Nevermind, nabasa ko na...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:16:57 AM by rickbig41 »
Those who did not learn from history are meant to repeat it...

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7874 on: July 27, 2018, 10:29:38 AM »

may nakasubok na ba dito nung GC Rockdrive, gawang pinoy pero sounds promising ah
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian