hulika

Author Topic: ARCEE Guitars. Check this out! :)  (Read 77838 times)

Offline JanMayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ARCEE Guitars. Check this out! :)
« Reply #300 on: August 18, 2014, 12:18:12 PM »
Wahahahaha! Napagawa ko na sakanila eh :)) Pero PM mo parin sakin kung magkano price ng pa-relic sayo ;))
The blues don't change.

Offline JanMayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #301 on: August 18, 2014, 12:20:48 PM »
Ako nagrerelic ng strat. may ipapagaya ka ba? black strat rosewood na relic? pearloid machineheads knobs? mint pickguard? wehehehe parang nahuhulaan ko na
Wahahahaha! Napagawa ko na sakanila eh :)) Pero PM mo parin sakin kung magkano price ng pa-relic sayo ;))
The blues don't change.

Offline mother_earth!

• Veteran Member
« Reply #303 on: August 19, 2014, 05:43:12 AM »
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:46:21 AM by toybitz »

Offline chazkidlat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #304 on: August 19, 2014, 08:56:05 AM »
Sorry for our long absence..... here is  what's been keeping us busy besides our day jobs.stupido01/WP_20131130_009_zpse681f506.jpg[/img][/URL]

Nice!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:47:18 AM by toybitz »
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness."

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2014, 02:58:03 PM »
What's with the neck joint on the tele? May advantage ba sa ganito?
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2014, 04:24:25 PM »
What's with the neck joint on the tele? May advantage ba sa ganito?

easy upper fret access... based on Stephen's extended cutaway...

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #307 on: August 22, 2014, 06:46:54 AM »
easy upper fret access... based on Stephen's extended cutaway...

Ah, thanks sa info sir. :)
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2014, 04:22:24 PM »
Finally! After 7 months I present to you my Arcee tele custom:

Body:
2 pc swamp ash
String thru
3 tone sunburst with faux binding
Babicz bridge
Oak Grigsby 5-way superswitch
250k CTS pots
Wilde Keystones
Gripper buttons

Neck:
One pc maple
22 medium jumbo frets
C shape
Sperzel staggered tuners
Bone nut
Neck joint similar to Stephen's extended cutaway

What can I say?
Well, first and foremost it all started with a desire to have a go-to tele guitar that pretty much could handle different tones from jazz clean to rock grit. I talked to sir Ruel last February 2014 and the two options I had in mind were: (1) simple neck heel contour (similar to a Fender deluxe) or (2) Stephen's extended cutaway. With sir Ruel being able to make the latter for a couple of bucks more, I chose it simply to have a more useful access to higher frets. Not to mention the uniqueness that it makes to the overall appearance of the guitar. I then ordered the parts via Pedallion Gears and Nellden Music (thanks guys for doing business with you!) and started the project a few weeks later. Every once in a month I made sure to visit sir Ruel and his son, Ralph, to see if every detail was met. The cool thing about them is that they show you how they do the actual thickness planing of the slabs, routing of the neck, mating the neck and body, drilling holes, etc. So for straight 7 months I also took photos of the progress of the guitar just to have a little documentation for myself and voila!  :-D

It was definitely worth the wait and the investment knowing that my expectations were exceeded with a fast neck, easy access to higher frets, smooth gloss finish, and superb tone! I must say those Wilde pups really creates a magical acoustic sound plugged and unplugged. Definitely a keeper! Very nice and fine craftsmanship! I'm definitely looking forward to more projects with them if time and pocket allow me to. Thanks Arcee Guitars for a nicely done guitar! More power to you!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:51:08 PM by cacophony »

Offline JanMayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #309 on: September 15, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »
Finally! After 7 months I present to you my Arcee tele custom:

Body:
2 pc swamp ash
String thru
3 tone sunburst with faux binding
Babicz bridge
Oak Grigsby 5-way superswitch
250k CTS pots
Wilde Keystones
Gripper buttons

Neck:
One pc maple
22 medium jumbo frets
C shape
Sperzel staggered tuners
Bone nut
Neck joint similar to Stephen's extended cutaway

What can I say?
Well, first and foremost it all started with a desire to have a go-to tele guitar that pretty much could handle different tones from jazz clean to rock grit. I talked to sir Ruel last February 2014 and the two options I had in mind were: (1) simple neck heel contour (similar to a Fender deluxe) or (2) Stephen's extended cutaway. With sir Ruel being able to make the latter for a couple of bucks more, I chose it simply to have a more useful access to higher frets. Not to mention the uniqueness that it makes to the overall appearance of the guitar. I then ordered the parts via Pedallion Gears and Nellden Music (thanks guys for doing business with you!) and started the project a few weeks later. Every once in a month I made sure to visit sir Ruel and his son, Ralph, to see if every detail was met. The cool thing about them is that they show you how they do the actual thickness planing of the slabs, routing of the neck, mating the neck and body, drilling holes, etc. So for straight 7 months I also took photos of the progress of the guitar just to have a little documentation for myself and voila!  :-D

It was definitely worth the wait and the investment knowing that my expectations were exceeded with a fast neck, easy access to higher frets, smooth gloss finish, and superb tone! I must say those Wilde pups really creates a magical acoustic sound plugged and unplugged. Definitely a keeper! Very nice and fine craftsmanship! I'm definitely looking forward to more projects with them if time and pocket allow me to. Thanks Arcee Guitars for a nicely done guitar! More power to you!

Wow, tapos na pala siya. Haha ang ganda bro :)
The blues don't change.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #310 on: September 16, 2014, 12:41:41 AM »
Wow, tapos na pala siya. Haha ang ganda bro :)

Thanks man! :D

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2014, 10:56:38 AM »
Very nice Tele Bro Cacophony!

Sound clips or video demo if kaya bro! really curious on their builds! :D
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2014, 01:26:34 PM »

Thanks man! Sure, will do that on the weekend :-D

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »

Ei bro here it is sorry it took a while

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2014, 02:32:25 PM »
Ei bro here it is sorry it took a while

SPATTAN KO MAMAYA :D
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #315 on: October 23, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
hi arcee customers, may tanong lang po ako regarding their custom wound pickups.
I currently have two "dead" Gibson dirty finger humbuckers from my '80s flying V. I'm planning to fully restore the guitar as close as possible to the original specs.
so i'm planning to have these "dead" dirty fingers fixed or rewounded.

My questions are:
1.) can they use the same old pickups and keep the parts that are still usable? I'd like
to retain the original bobbins (naturally aged and yellow na sila eh), polepiece screws (if ok pa sila despite the rust)& metal baseplate
2.) can they wind it according to my preferred specs? for example, i'd like to use alnico 5 pickups instead of the stock ceramics

yun lang po for now. I hope the guys at arcee guitars see this
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #316 on: October 25, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »
Very nice! :-D
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #317 on: November 04, 2014, 10:12:22 PM »
@bro Cacophony

just had the chance to check out the demo man! sorry for taking so long to comment!

the guitar sounds sweet bro! pero tingin ko kung itabi mo yung amp sayo, mas maririnig yung tunog nung guitar kasi, the mic of the cam seems to be placed behind the amp or under it kaya mejo bass-y yung sound, pero judging from what I hear, it sounds wonderful man! congrats! great build sir arcee!

my strat was also modified by arcee hahahaha best sounding strat ever #biased HAHAHA

Offline Ace Of Spades

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #318 on: August 01, 2016, 11:45:53 AM »
mga idol updated parin po ba ito?

#6 Monday St., Phase 7A, Pacita 1, San Pedro, Laguna.

Cellphone no. 0917-811 8721
Control is just an illusion.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #319 on: August 01, 2016, 11:57:33 AM »
mga idol updated parin po ba ito?

#6 Monday St., Phase 7A, Pacita 1, San Pedro, Laguna.

Cellphone no. 0917-811 8721

yes sir. still working and correct! ano papagawa mo paps? :D

Offline JanMayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2016, 12:45:00 PM »
Uy meron bang mga latest build si sir Arcee? Baka may nakapagpagawa sainyo share pics!! Haha tagal ko na walang balita sa mga builds niya  :-D
The blues don't change.

Offline Ace Of Spades

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #321 on: August 01, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »
yes sir. still working and correct! ano papagawa mo paps? :D

papa set-up sana ng bass at acoustic sa kanya para malapit lang hehe
Control is just an illusion.