hulika

Author Topic: Cubase routing question  (Read 1253 times)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
Cubase routing question
« on: June 19, 2006, 07:20:27 PM »
this is a question for cubase sx users:

i'd like to route a certain group of tracks to two separate and independent busses. how do i do this in cubase sx 3 without having to duplicate said tracks?

for example, i insert some effects in the kick overheads, and snare tracks, then buss all these tracks to two outputs, inserting further effects on one buss and none (or different effects) on the other.

FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Cubase routing question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »
Create a group channel track (you can choose between stereo, mono, or even surround), and just assign the individual track's output to that group channel if you want that track's signal completely passing thru the group. You can create several group channels each with different effects and eq settings. You can also route sends to group channels. Group channel volume, pan and fx parameters are all automatable.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Sound Weavers

Cubase routing question
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 09:30:09 AM »
I used Cubase briefly way back... this page has Cubase routing info and some illustrations, too.

hope this helps

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
Cubase routing question
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »
thanks guys :) i thought the sends were like aux sends for ambient effects.  pwede din pala i-route competely sa group channels yon.  :) been experimenting with parallel compression and other stuff so i needed two busses for the same tracks.
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744