hulika

Author Topic: Boss GT10 users thread  (Read 323710 times)

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
Re: New Boss GT10 users thread
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2009, 03:24:19 PM »
pwede ba yan sa GNX4??  :evil:

Kindly check your Digitech forum if they were using Harmonic Converger to be sure, but i'm 100% sure this might help.

Thanks,

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #226 on: January 26, 2009, 09:04:33 PM »
tagal ko nawala dito, sir roger post mo na pala pics ha.

post ko na din pic nga modified LED ng GT10 ko

in the pic: GT10, BBE sonic stomp, and the fizz supressor, im calling it: "STEROID".developed by sir roger. Actually its the 1st impression that i had when i had it connected with my GT10, i was like " my gt10 is in steriods man!" :evil:

i was aware of the fizz on the gt10 and all other MFX that i have owned/ and have tried from friends but im surprised to have known the amount of fizz on these MFX until i connected the steroid. have tried it already with zoom 505, zoom 3030, zoom g9, tonelab LE, korgax1500g and korg ax3000g. i think these fizz issue is inherent to all MFX, its like the by product of converting analog signals to digital and back again.

sir roger in two weeks time ill be trying the steroid to line6 X3L.. :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:09:57 PM by inkslingerx »

Offline blue_raven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2009, 09:42:51 PM »
I just tried this unit extensively in the studio yesterday.  And I am making an effort to make an accurate review of this unit.  Sorry to break your bubble, but again, it's either you take the red pill, or the blue pill.

HOW THE TEST WAS DONE:

1.  GT10 direct to DAW in a control room with KRK RP9 reference monitors. 
2.  GT10 through Randall RM100's FX loop input through 4x12 with Celestion 70-80s, GT10 in "connect-to-amp" mode
3.  DG Stomp direct to DAW in a control room with KRK RP9 reference monitors. 
4.  DG Stomp through Randall RM100's FX loop input through 4x12 with Celestion 70-80s, GT10 in "connect-to-amp" (no speaker sim) mode
5.  GT10 bypassed, guitar straight to amp using UltraXL and Rectifier modules

My thoughts-

AMPSIMS:

VERY HUGE disappointment with the amp simulators.  They sound lifeless and undynamic.  Try this.  Use your volume knob with a MEsa Recto patch.  Try "cleaning up" your volume.  See what happens.  If your sound still sounds compressed, then you know the problem.  I've had more success with the amp sims of an old outdated Yamaha DG Stomp. 

MODULATIONS:

Pretty good but still has that nasty digital feel.  If you like separate boxes for delay and other time-based effects, you'll probably find the modulations of the GT10 'ok'.

FWIW, look into other options.  When I thought Line 6 units didn't have that nice tube dynamic response, this GT10 is actually worse.  There is also a severe lack of presence in the sound.  Very poor in fact,  and sounds blanketed no matter how much presence we added to the EQ.  Honestly, I prefer the Vox Tonelab series to this one much more.  Axe Fx is the king of the hill if you ask me, but they aren't cheap. 

hmmm..

sounds familiar.  :-D

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2009, 10:03:48 AM »
tagal ko nawala dito, sir roger post mo na pala pics ha.

post ko na din pic nga modified LED ng GT10 ko

in the pic: GT10, BBE sonic stomp, and the fizz supressor, im calling it: "STEROID".developed by sir roger. Actually its the 1st impression that i had when i had it connected with my GT10, i was like " my gt10 is in steriods man!" :evil:

i was aware of the fizz on the gt10 and all other MFX that i have owned/ and have tried from friends but im surprised to have known the amount of fizz on these MFX until i connected the steroid. have tried it already with zoom 505, zoom 3030, zoom g9, tonelab LE, korgax1500g and korg ax3000g. i think these fizz issue is inherent to all MFX, its like the by product of converting analog signals to digital and back again.

sir roger in two weeks time ill be trying the steroid to line6 X3L.. :mrgreen:

Wow talaga blue LED conversion mo Inkslingerx di na masakit sa mata cool :lol:
Buti na lang mayroon na tayong Clone workalike HC, mahal kc Harmonic Converger kay Radley at di na raw siya nag ship abroad. 

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2009, 12:30:45 PM »
cool led nyan sir ah.. hehe ang sakit sa mata ng pula  :lol:
EBMM 2014 JPXIII-7 - Mesa Boogie Mark IVa - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Horizontal Cabinet 2x12 - Dunlop JP95 Wah - Fractal FM3 - EBVP Stereo 25k - Headrush FRFR 108 Stereo

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2009, 06:31:48 PM »
additional pics  :-D

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2009, 08:20:32 PM »
Galing mo talaga inkslingerx, ganda rin ng diy na board mo kaingit kaaaaaaaaaa :-D

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2009, 08:28:13 PM »
Galing mo talaga inkslingerx, ganda rin ng diy na board mo kaingit kaaaaaaaaaa :-D

end of feb sir libre ako, may mga leftover plywood pa ako sa bahay, kung gusto mo pagawa just give me a buzz :mrgreen:

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2009, 10:54:55 PM »
sir inkslingerx.. tanong ko lang po anong thickness gamit niyo na plywood para sa board niyo sir?.. thanks
EBMM 2014 JPXIII-7 - Mesa Boogie Mark IVa - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Horizontal Cabinet 2x12 - Dunlop JP95 Wah - Fractal FM3 - EBVP Stereo 25k - Headrush FRFR 108 Stereo

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2009, 11:32:45 PM »
sir inkslingerx.. tanong ko lang po anong thickness gamit niyo na plywood para sa board niyo sir?.. thanks

1/4 " lang sir, may lining lang na rubber matting

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #235 on: January 27, 2009, 11:50:46 PM »
1/4 " lang sir, may lining lang na rubber matting

thanks sir.. try ko gumawa para sa gt-10 ko  :-D

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2009, 01:09:17 AM »
sir inkslingerx, ano po ginamit niyo sa mga gilid ng board?.. yung 1/4 plywood pa rin po ba?.. thanks po ulit  :-D

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2009, 07:30:15 PM »
sir inkslingerx, ano po ginamit niyo sa mga gilid ng board?.. yung 1/4 plywood pa rin po ba?.. thanks po ulit  :-D

same lang sir, nilagyan ko lang ng aluminum angled bars para gumanda.. post ko pics ng cover nya tom :-D

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2009, 08:52:14 PM »

as promised eto board ko with cover

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2009, 12:46:08 AM »
wa ang ganda ng board niyo sir hehe.. sir bale 1/4 plywood noh?.. baka bumili kasi ako mamaya hehe.. try ko gumawa..  :-D sir sa loob po ano nilagay niyo?..  :-D

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2009, 01:08:39 AM »
@inkslingerx: The board looks verrry professional, maybe you could give us a step-by-step hehehe :-D

(Advertisement)
Boss GT-10 DVDs available at http://dvdvcd.multiply.com
 :wink:

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2009, 11:30:29 AM »
thanks nagustuhan nyo gawa kong board.

1/4" plywood sya tapos sa lood rubber matting ( color blue), detachable hinges, sa labas unpainted, just coverd it with vinyl sheet

i just cant seem to find this part? ( corner nose)

anybody know where i can get one? need help..

Offline jemuel jun e. juayan

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »
hello po... gt10 user din po ako... magkano po sa hardcase ng gt10? thanks po mga sir...

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2009, 02:01:06 PM »
@inkslingerx

sir pano niyo po pinagdugtong yung mga sides?..wood glue po and nail na maliit ba?..  :-D dadaan po ako hardware maya maya hehe.. para makagawa na..

sir yung vinyl po and rubber matting na nilagay niyo.. san niyo po nabili?.. and last question po.. velcro rin po ba gamit niyo sa pagkabit ng GT-10 sa board?..

thanks po  :-D :-D :-D

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2009, 11:21:47 AM »
hello po... gt10 user din po ako... magkano po sa hardcase ng gt10? thanks po mga sir...

just a DIY board bro, not yet in the bussiness of making boards :-D. persuade me.. i might consider selling boards.. LOL :-D

@jem-jr.
  tama sir, wood glue and nails, yung aluminum corners screwed lang wala ako rivetter eh. rubber matt and vinyl sheets can be found at ace or handyman. goodluck sa project mo bro.. post mo din pics pagkatapos.

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »
just a DIY board bro, not yet in the bussiness of making boards :-D. persuade me.. i might consider selling boards.. LOL :-D

@jem-jr.
  tama sir, wood glue and nails, yung aluminum corners screwed lang wala ako rivetter eh. rubber matt and vinyl sheets can be found at ace or handyman. goodluck sa project mo bro.. post mo din pics pagkatapos.

maraming salamat sir hehe.. mga 1 week siguro bago ko matapos board ko sir hehe.. mahirap rin maglagare haha.. try ko picturan habang ginagawa ko  :-D

Offline samishellacool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2009, 10:47:27 AM »
Hey guys, just got my GT-10 yesterday. Could anyone advice me good softwares for the GT-10 and if possible links where I could download them.

Thanks in advance

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2009, 12:11:48 PM »

Offline samishellacool

• Philmusicus Addictus

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2009, 10:30:18 AM »
Guys, test also done to two MFX/Modeller and great results with Fizz Suppressor  :-)
Zoom G7.1ut

Korg AX3000G