hulika

Author Topic: Boss GT10 users thread  (Read 322360 times)

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Boss GT10 users thread
« Reply #575 on: November 18, 2009, 01:28:05 PM »
salamatz mga idol..

:-o...hayip toh..mas madali pa mag-program kesa mag-tweak nito, hahahah!!!!  :lol: kagabi dalawang oras ako nagtweak, 3 patches lang nagawa ko..hahaha!!

mga bossing, pano po ba mag-assign ng dalawang effects sa isang CTL? example, gusto ko i-assign yung OD/DS ska Delay sa CTL1? 

and pwede rin po ba na mag-o-on yung OD/DS at Delay, at mag-o-off yung Chorus pag-engage ko nung CTL1?

Follow the procedure on manual page 51-52. This is how you can manually set each assign. On page 51 step 3 after pressing category/enter immediately press Display button to set the view in LIST rather than icon KC its better to view all the parameter in order then go on to page 52 USE THE ASSIGN 1 TAB follow the same just choose the OD/S or DELAY instead COMPRESSOR as in the sample.
TARGET = OD/DS,
=======on/off Min
Source = CTRL 2 Pedal
Scrmode TOGGLE
Actrnglo = 0
Actrnghi = 127
PRESS the MASTER/PdlFX button to ACTIVATE THE ASSIGN1
PRESS the WRITE button to save the patch.

TEST THE CTRL 2 PEDAL if this switch ON the OD/DS

Then go on to ASSIGN2  for DELAY etc.

Enjoy our GT1 8-)

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #576 on: November 18, 2009, 03:22:44 PM »
Trying out my MS I+II amp sim crunch tone I created.  :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jygw3AwHWQ

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #577 on: November 18, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »

cool..  :-) ang linis..

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #578 on: November 18, 2009, 05:31:30 PM »
cool..  :-) ang linis..

Thanks  :-D I'll text you tomorrow about our business  :wink:

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #579 on: November 19, 2009, 05:40:38 AM »
Follow the procedure on manual page 51-52. This is how you can manually set each assign. On page 51 step 3 after pressing category/enter immediately press Display button to set the view in LIST rather than icon KC its better to view all the parameter in order then go on to page 52 USE THE ASSIGN 1 TAB follow the same just choose the OD/S or DELAY instead COMPRESSOR as in the sample.
TARGET = OD/DS,
=======on/off Min
Source = CTRL 2 Pedal
Scrmode TOGGLE
Actrnglo = 0
Actrnghi = 127
PRESS the MASTER/PdlFX button to ACTIVATE THE ASSIGN1
PRESS the WRITE button to save the patch.

TEST THE CTRL 2 PEDAL if this switch ON the OD/DS

Then go on to ASSIGN2  for DELAY etc.

Enjoy our GT1 8-)

salamatzz idol!!!  :-) 

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #580 on: November 19, 2009, 05:55:47 AM »
mga bossing, bakit kapag gumagamet ako ng Amps aside from those Clean Amps (clean amps-->e.g. jc120, boss clean, full range) parang nagiging lo-fi yung tunog? yun na ba yung sinasabi nilang "cocked wah?"

pano nyo naalis yun mga bossing? nakak-irita eh, lumiliit yun tunog...  :?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 07:01:43 AM by poink27 »

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #581 on: November 19, 2009, 09:12:11 AM »
mga bossing, bakit kapag gumagamet ako ng Amps aside from those Clean Amps (clean amps-->e.g. jc120, boss clean, full range) parang nagiging lo-fi yung tunog? yun na ba yung sinasabi nilang "cocked wah?"

pano nyo naalis yun mga bossing? nakak-irita eh, lumiliit yun tunog...  :?

No, that is not the Cocked Wah thing  :-)
When you create a patch, initialize the patch first then start with the preamp.
Also, try using 4x12s or 8x12s speaker, this tends to make the sound bigger, or better yet, try to download the GT-Brialliance, it helped me a lot when I first got the GT10.  :-)

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #582 on: November 19, 2009, 12:24:47 PM »
I know this is cocked wah or parked wah. See try to hear it, find select the cocked wah metal demo clip on the right side.

http://line6.com/spideriv/sounds75.html

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #583 on: November 19, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »

To those interested  :-D
Here's the link to the backing track
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MQ1PNI1F

And the patch settings;

COMPRESSOR:
TYPE: COMPRESSOR
SUSTAIN: 25
ATTACK 60
TONE: 0
LEVEL: 60

PREAMP:
TYPE: MS1959 I+II
GAIN 35
BASS 45
MID 45
TREB 50
PRESENCE 30
LEVEL 60
GAIN SW MIDDLE
SOLO SW OFF
SOLO LEVEL 60

SPEAKER:
TYPE 4X12
MIC DYN421
MIC DIS ON AXIS
MIC POS 5
MIC LEVEL 100
DIRECT LEVEL 0

EQ:
LO CUT 110
LO GAIN 0
LO MID F 315
LO MID Q 1
LO MID G +3
HI MID F 3.15
HI MID Q 1
HI MID G +3
HI GAIN 0
HIGH CUT 11.0
LEVEL 0

FX1 TONE MODIFY
TYPE FAT
LOW +50
HIGH +20
LEVEL 50

DELAY
TYPE SINGLE
DLY TIME BPM (DOTTED EIGHT NOTE)
FEEDBACK 0
HIGH CUT FLAT
EFFECT LEVEL 90-100
DIRECT LEVEL 100

REVERB
TYPE PLATE
REV TIME 1.5
PRE DELAY 0
LO CUT 165
HIGH CUT FLAT
DENSITY 8
EFFECT LEVEL 40

MASTER BPM 200 (THE BACKING TRACK IS @ 200BPM)

Hope this works for you

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #584 on: November 19, 2009, 10:47:40 PM »
Sir Blackdogg walang Direct Level sa speaker sim kahit konti?

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #585 on: November 19, 2009, 11:58:34 PM »
No, that is not the Cocked Wah thing  :-)
When you create a patch, initialize the patch first then start with the preamp.
Also, try using 4x12s or 8x12s speaker, this tends to make the sound bigger, or better yet, try to download the GT-Brialliance, it helped me a lot when I first got the GT10.  :-)

salamat sir!!  :-) ... kaso pang GT-8 ata yung GT-Brilliance, effective din ba for GT10?

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #586 on: November 20, 2009, 01:56:29 AM »
Sir Blackdogg walang Direct Level sa speaker sim kahit konti?

hehehe..nag-try ako mag experiment pero I think ok na kahit wala. but thanks for your tip, I always forget about Direct Levels.
Kasi usually when I create a patch, when I think it sounds good (for me), di na ako masyadong nag-aadjust ng ibang parameters.  :-D

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #587 on: November 20, 2009, 02:00:15 AM »

salamat sir!!  :-) ... kaso pang GT-8 ata yung GT-Brilliance, effective din ba for GT10?

yes, it is effective. Same ideas, solutions, etc.  :-D

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #588 on: November 20, 2009, 02:01:01 AM »
hehehe..nag-try ako mag experiment pero I think ok na kahit wala. but thanks for your tip, I always forget about Direct Levels.
Kasi usually when I create a patch, when I think it sounds good (for me), di na ako masyadong nag-aadjust ng ibang parameters.  :-D
anun patch settings nyo dito?

feature=sub

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #589 on: November 20, 2009, 07:42:32 AM »
"Input Level Value
Here is what I did...(ALL effects OFF) I went to the Level Meters and with a Patch Level at 100 (which is what I always use) I metered the Input level...played around and got my HIGHEST peak...then I went to the OUTPUT LEVEL METER and made it match...My ‘matched’ value is -3 {that’s negative 3}.
The thing is; is that it’s a bit misleading, I suppose, (but it makes sense) The Input Level adjustment will not affect the Input Meter. The Input meter is the Guitars Input before it hits anything... You will notice that the OUTPUT METER changes with the INPUT LEVEL adjustment. The Input Level adjustment is pre-effect but post guitar input. I aim for the same level through to the Output. I suppose if you had a real weak guitar signal that you might want to boost it via the INPUT LEVEL adjustment to get a good strong signal through the effects. This IS kind of a crucial initial set-up step... At a ‘stock’ Input Level value of 0dB I am clipping before I even start to send the signal thru any effect...talk about shooting yourself in the foot... If you clipping there your [strawberry] to begin with."

Mga bossing, nabasa ko yan sa GT-Brilliance, kaso di ko alam kung san ko makikita yung Level Meters, san/pano ba makikita yun mga bossing?

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #590 on: November 20, 2009, 07:58:31 AM »

KC walang GNARL yong speaker sim lalo na kung malaki like 4x12 or bigger to me parang blanket sound. I don't use 5" or smaller parang laruan ang tunog Lol. Usually first I create the preamp and speaker sim adding tad of direct level so i can test if  the preamp is getting enough through the speaker sim then later add on the multifx. Anyway there is NO rules on it... If it is sound good its absolute for us.

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
Q
« Reply #591 on: November 20, 2009, 11:44:09 AM »

feature=sub

hey bro, gamit ko jan yung Steve Vai patch ni Glenn DeLaune with some adjustments. changed the wah to "Fat" and did some post EQ editing ( boosted the highs a bit ) to get edgy metal lead tone  :-D

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
Re: Q
« Reply #592 on: November 21, 2009, 03:33:04 AM »

feature=sub

hey bro, gamit ko jan yung Steve Vai patch ni Glenn DeLaune with some adjustments. changed the wah to "Fat" and did some post EQ editing ( boosted the highs a bit ) to get edgy metal lead tone, and I turned OFF the REVERB MODULE  :-D

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #593 on: November 22, 2009, 06:02:59 AM »
mga bossing baka pwede makahingi ng tips kung pano mapapagana yung Sound Hold effect using CTL or the EXP Pedal... di ko sya mapagana..gumagana lang sya kapag mano-mano ko pinipihit yung knob para ma-on yung Sound Hold..  :?

kahit i-assign ko sya sa CTL, kahit on naman yung knob dun sa screen, pag-activate ko using CTL di naman gumagana...

saka mga sir, baka meron sa inyo nag-sawa na sa kakapanood nung Tutorial DVD  :-D baka pwede humingi or humiram ng kopya.. :-D or kung  bebenta nyo magkano kya?

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #594 on: November 23, 2009, 05:03:21 AM »
mga bossing baka pwede makahingi ng tips kung pano mapapagana yung Sound Hold effect using CTL or the EXP Pedal... di ko sya mapagana..gumagana lang sya kapag mano-mano ko pinipihit yung knob para ma-on yung Sound Hold..  :?

kahit i-assign ko sya sa CTL, kahit on naman yung knob dun sa screen, pag-activate ko using CTL di naman gumagana...

You need 2 assign.
Initialized a patch.
First make the FX1 Sound Hold leave it dont press the button yet leave it off and deactivate NOTE the default is T-Wah effect go find the Sound Hold effect

Here's the assign to active the FX1 using ctrl2
Press Mst/PdlFx button then goto/select Assign Icon
Under Assign press the display button into List view
At Assign tab1 make this assign
Target  FX1
          on/off
Min  Off
Max On
Source   Ctrl2 pedal
Scr mode Toggle
Actrnglo   0
Actrnghi  127
Press the Mst/PdlFx button to active the tab1, you'll see the number 1 gets highlighted on lower leftmost of the screen

Here's how to switch the Sound Hold parameter ON
Goto Assign tab2 and make this assign
Target FX1:SH         <- SH stand for Sound Hold effects
         Hold
Min  off
Max On     <- meaning when you press the crtl2 it will switch ON
Source  Ctrl2 pedal
Scr mode  Toggle
Actrnglo  0
Actrnghi 127
Press the Mst/PdlFx to active number 2

Press the WRITE button to save the patch don't forget this.
Now check if you press ctrl2 to

This is the Controller FUNCTION naman just to let you know the difference
Initialized a patch
Press Mst/PdlFx goto select PdlFx Icon
Press the Display mode into List View, you'll see the default CRTL2 is Delay effect
Change Ctrl2 Function into FX1 so the ctrl2 would switchON the FX1 not the delay effect

Now make the Assign tab2 like the above and no need to make the assign tab1 and do the above procedure. Dont forget to Press Mst/PdlFx to active the Assign tab2 and lastly press WRITE button to SAVE the patch.

That's the difference between ASSIGN CTRL with FUNCTION CONTROLLER.

Enjoy our GT10

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #595 on: November 23, 2009, 05:23:20 AM »
Kasi usually when I create a patch, when I think it sounds good (for me), di na ako masyadong nag-aadjust ng ibang parameters.  :-D

Sir Blackdogg,
Try this... initialized a patch use your headphone and Line/Phone output. Set your DEC and S/R ON into normal 50/50 then place it after preamp.
Press Preamp select a highgain on like Rectifier Vnt or any just the Preamp sir without any effect muna.
use the default parameter, go next to speaker sim use the default ORIGINAL
check the sound with Direct Level 0 its sounded blanket and very tiny and fake sounding.
Dial the Direct level 100 you'll hear the Preamp because your letting the Preamp pass thru the speaker sim. Again dial DL to 0 and compare again with 100 you'll hear 100 with much ball. Use 4x12 etc....then check too.

After that see if you switch OFF the DEC with DL 100 very harsh. This is what the DEC is for. Now in live loud amp test again the procedure you'll love Direct Level more and your DEC. I usually use 100 DL in Live this is what i'm saying Speaker Blanket and Gnarling sound may tapang if you know what I mean. This is why other say Speaker Sim is weak KC they don't dial in MORE just 0 level only it is because its Harsh awful when more. You have the Advantage see to it.

Enjoy your DEC and GT10

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:42:25 AM by rogeryu »

Offline kragz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #596 on: November 23, 2009, 08:13:38 AM »
hey bro, gamit ko jan yung Steve Vai patch ni Glenn DeLaune with some adjustments. changed the wah to "Fat" and did some post EQ editing ( boosted the highs a bit ) to get edgy metal lead tone, and I turned OFF the REVERB MODULE  :-D

ang lupit mo talaga sir hehe. paki post naman po nung EQ setting nyo dito oh hihih

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #597 on: November 23, 2009, 11:01:16 AM »
has anyone had a copy of Tian Jay's GT-10 DVD?? bayaran ko nalang kayo. hindi kasi nagrereply si sir J3YPS mukha atang busy eh.  :|

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #598 on: November 23, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »

You need 2 assign.
Initialized a patch.
First make the FX1 Sound Hold leave it dont press the button yet leave it off and deactivate NOTE the default is T-Wah effect go find the Sound Hold effect

Here's the assign to active the FX1 using ctrl2
Press Mst/PdlFx button then goto/select Assign Icon
Under Assign press the display button into List view
At Assign tab1 make this assign
Target  FX1
          on/off
Min  Off
Max On
Source   Ctrl2 pedal
Scr mode Toggle
Actrnglo   0
Actrnghi  127
Press the Mst/PdlFx button to active the tab1, you'll see the number 1 gets highlighted on lower leftmost of the screen

Here's how to switch the Sound Hold parameter ON
Goto Assign tab2 and make this assign
Target FX1:SH         <- SH stand for Sound Hold effects
         Hold
Min  off
Max On     <- meaning when you press the crtl2 it will switch ON
Source  Ctrl2 pedal
Scr mode  Toggle
Actrnglo  0
Actrnghi 127
Press the Mst/PdlFx to active number 2

Press the WRITE button to save the patch don't forget this.
Now check if you press ctrl2 to

This is the Controller FUNCTION naman just to let you know the difference
Initialized a patch
Press Mst/PdlFx goto select PdlFx Icon
Press the Display mode into List View, you'll see the default CRTL2 is Delay effect
Change Ctrl2 Function into FX1 so the ctrl2 would switchON the FX1 not the delay effect

Now make the Assign tab2 like the above and no need to make the assign tab1 and do the above procedure. Dont forget to Press Mst/PdlFx to active the Assign tab2 and lastly press WRITE button to SAVE the patch.

That's the difference between ASSIGN CTRL with FUNCTION CONTROLLER.

Enjoy our GT10

yun pala yun... :-D kala ko kc pareho lang yun..hahaha!!!.wala, mahina pa talaga IQ ko dito sa GT10...maraming salamat boss...laking tulong nito...

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #599 on: November 23, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »
Sir Blackdogg,
Try this... initialized a patch use your headphone and Line/Phone output. Set your DEC and S/R ON into normal 50/50 then place it after preamp.
Press Preamp select a highgain on like Rectifier Vnt or any just the Preamp sir without any effect muna.
use the default parameter, go next to speaker sim use the default ORIGINAL
check the sound with Direct Level 0 its sounded blanket and very tiny and fake sounding.
Dial the Direct level 100 you'll hear the Preamp because your letting the Preamp pass thru the speaker sim. Again dial DL to 0 and compare again with 100 you'll hear 100 with much ball. Use 4x12 etc....then check too.

After that see if you switch OFF the DEC with DL 100 very harsh. This is what the DEC is for. Now in live loud amp test again the procedure you'll love Direct Level more and your DEC. I usually use 100 DL in Live this is what i'm saying Speaker Blanket and Gnarling sound may tapang if you know what I mean. This is why other say Speaker Sim is weak KC they don't dial in MORE just 0 level only it is because its Harsh awful when more. You have the Advantage see to it.

Enjoy your DEC and GT10

applicable po kaya toh bossing kung naka-direct to P.A. ako sa live situation? di na po kasi ko gumagamet ng amp sa live eh, karamihan naman kasi ng pwesto (bar) panget ang amp eh, madalas sira pa...