hulika

Author Topic: Boss GT10 users thread  (Read 324044 times)

Offline raikidoodles

Re: Boss GT10 users thread
« Reply #1025 on: March 30, 2010, 12:10:39 PM »
i have read something para mejo mawala yun fizz you may add up a noise suppresor in your patch,  kaya lang ang complaint ng iba is nawawala ang dynamic picking ng guitarist kapag mejo mataas ang setting ng NS.   There is a suggestion from other Gt10 user that we need to set up the input of our guitar having a presence with +10db.  This will brighten up the tone of our axe a little.   Then try to add color to you tone by adding up the "blues" stomp from our OD/DS fx.   And always remember that the setting of NS should be done after our distortion sound was properly assigned already.   GT10 has 2 separate NS that you can use in 2 different channels, sobrang astig!  And it has a dynamic settings for channel selection.    You can set your channel A in your best clean sound and as you pick and strum your strings harder it will automatically change to your channel B which you can set as your channel for your dirty tone.

Versatility!    Yet you need to read read read to be versatile!

Waaah happy ako malapit na makapaglaro ng iso ang PSP 3000 ofw 5.51 ko!!!  :-)

Offline patchpanel

« Reply #1026 on: March 30, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »
Versatile and flexible plus powerful functions and programmable assign AGREE :-D
Clean and modulation is superb BUT mid to higain modeller needs Enhancement. Search web and read about HARMONIC CONVERGER.
Not just GT10 some multiFX too, after sometimes you get tires and realized digital sound totally different with analog sound..this you'll realize i'm sure..results tweak ka ng tweak in search of analog sounding, affects playability because lost in feel n hearing it digital fake sounding and the final results sell it lose some  :x  What other do GAS for another multiFX and fall into trap once more. Happy for sometimes doubting the rest if they really want their new multiFX.
Have you heard of AxeFX? i'm sure you know it if not search the web goto their forum read their views and comments better register so you can ask (i'm a member). IMO this is the ultimate new breed of multiFX in the market right now at least to me. NOT everyone can afford the unit co'z the price is so steep but its perfectly fine without HARMONIC CONVERGER and a good sounding for money if you can afford a unit. Many great guitarist jump into this ship which shows they went through a lot of multiFX hence they dropped their beloved multiFX for this. Not just that, even those great artist who's using analog rig went into this path or using this as their backup. This only proved digital multiFX is just a block away in perfection and its coming right out on its way but costly to own right now. Now the big question is...is the GT10 a great unit? (For me)I say modest unit lang siya, it has its shortcoming but there is a way around it and right now its affordable sa akin and playable (great for LIVE unlike other digital unit peg out and can't cut through plus mix in a loud live setting) thats why its stay and i'm loving it with my DEC. Its good also in recording  :lol:

Sir rogeryu,

Just got time to do some reading on the GT10 thread and came upon this? Had not gone the whole thread yet.
How does HC/DEC work? If an explanation already exist, please point me there.  :?

Prospective customer here for your DEC... :-D

Thanks

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1027 on: March 30, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »
Sir rogeryu,

Just got time to do some reading on the GT10 thread and came upon this? Had not gone the whole thread yet.
How does HC/DEC work? If an explanation already exist, please point me there.  :?

Prospective customer here for your DEC... :-D

Thanks

Its better for you to hear it than for me to explain it  :lol:
Here's a simple Distortion sample clip not tweak to be great patch only for your sampling.
First the DEC is ON then before the middle I switched it OFF then later switched it back ON.
On the middle part (OFF portion) you will hear the sizzling background which we call it FIZZ a byproduct of multiFX during on its processing maybe due to aliasing some say (I too believe its digital aliasing coz the analog doesn't exhibit this sound).
You will also notice that the chord strum in the beginning has clarity on each string while on the OFF portion the chord seems to be warbling.
IMPORTANT NOTE: you will hear through out the clip that the TIMBRE has never change EVEN SWITCHING ON AND OFF the DEC co'z the beauty of the DEC it doesn't change your tone (your sweet tone) ONLY stripped the sizzling plate sound and enhances the chord (analog sounding). It has the same sound di ba (timbre)...therefore no amount of EQ that could strip and enhance the sound and if you use EQ it would only change the TONAL CHARACTER (timbre) and still can't eliminate that sizzling bee background ang sagwa parang tunog laruan digital fx mo plus your chord string has no clarity.
Judge for your ear, tip use headphone to better monitor the clip :lol:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8950096

Just IMAGINE if you don't have DEC. I keep telling anyone nandito na solution and they just keep ignoring and not giving some moment time to experience it before everything else. They just give up easily and sell their GT10 (lose some) and come back in this thread say "Kaya ko binenta GT10 ko eh"
I'm not doing this to sell DEC if you can do-it-yourself you can have it. I already gave (post) the schematic. I just wanna share my secret and experience why I'm loving my GT10  :wink:  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:28:07 PM by rogeryu »

Offline ninevoltrhythm

« Reply #1028 on: March 30, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »
ahhh.. so that's fizz ( 00:07 - 00:12 am i right?)..... :-D i'll save for a DEC.....  :-D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:17:33 PM by ninevoltrhythm »
successful transactions with:
wannabeguitarist|yjuangab|avatar|BossingBoss|Mondemonle|PLeSIM|spankyrigor|pao2pao16|PedalMax's Emil Murillo|G3MANIAC|drahcirnna24|andressito|Wheel|rockhouse|hahaha!

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1029 on: March 31, 2010, 06:21:22 AM »
ahhh.. so that's fizz ( 00:07 - 00:12 am i right?)..... :-D i'll save for a DEC.....  :-D

Yap, 00:07 up to 00:13 to be exact. This so called aliasing is masking (natatakpan niya)the authentic sounds of the model after digital processing or conversion(nakapaloob siya sa signal) model tone+byproduct waste(FIZZ) in one both going out your the multiFX. DEC is a good investment you can use it even to those other multiFX let say nagpalit ka ng multiFX o meron ka pang isang bagong multiFX. Try it make one for yourself you will not regret it and you'll gonna thank me that I shared it to you. I can feel in the near time many would realize this, I can see why co'z many doesn't still familiar with HARMONIC CONVERGER or even aware of FIZZ issue on multiFX. Browse the Philmusic few or no querry about HC at all  :oops:

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1030 on: April 01, 2010, 05:23:39 AM »
I searched HC in the forum only 2 threads aside from this(ours) and its been long time ago :|

BTW better use the headphone to monitor the sample clip co'z recording it may not be 100% whole in actual hearing it versus to this just mp3 recording but at least near or at the ballpark. :-D 

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1031 on: April 03, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »
Up ko lng ha :-D
Halimbawa kung walang DEC hindi ko makuha lead sound nito at makasabay sa second ad lib ng backing track.
Sarap ng GT10  :lol:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7625309

Offline ejmitra25

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1032 on: April 03, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »
bro,, pwd ko po ba makita ung schematic diagram ng dec?

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1033 on: April 03, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »
bro,, pwd ko po ba makita ung schematic diagram ng dec?

By all means  :-D Adjust mo lng some Capacitor and resistor values to suit your needs, kung puwede breadboard mo muna so it would be easy for you to determine those values. Use 3pdt bypass switch or millennium bypass for dpdt to make it true bypass.
http://freestompboxes.org/members/bajaman/Baja/Baja%20Harmonic%20Converger/BAJA%20Active%20Harmonic%20Converger%209v%20240808%20final.jpg

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #1034 on: April 04, 2010, 10:59:18 AM »
you guys seen him live? great sounds coming out of the GT10 :-D i wonder if he's already a member here

Offline avatar

« Reply #1035 on: April 04, 2010, 05:01:41 PM »
nice! baka willing din siya magshare ng patches nya hahahah nice find inkslingerx!

Offline charlesdavidlim

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1036 on: April 05, 2010, 12:49:05 AM »
you guys seen him live? great sounds coming out of the GT10 :-D i wonder if he's already a member here

this is great!  :-D. can anyone also share other famous band/artists using the boss gt-10?  :-)
No glove. No love.

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1037 on: April 05, 2010, 06:28:51 AM »
OPETH Mikael (progressive metal guitarist/band) upgraded from GT8 into GT10  :-D

Nuno B and Marty F uses GT8

Offline ejmitra25

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1038 on: April 05, 2010, 08:18:33 PM »
saan kaya ako makakabuili ng 3pdt bypass switch or millennium bypass for dpdt?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1039 on: April 05, 2010, 08:20:30 PM »
saan kaya ako makakabuili ng 3pdt bypass switch or millennium bypass for dpdt?

for 3PDT and DPDT switches
www.epektos.com

yung millenium bypass circuit.. you can make one..  :-)

Offline raikidoodles

« Reply #1040 on: April 06, 2010, 01:45:45 AM »
OPETH Mikael (progressive metal guitarist/band) upgraded from GT8 into GT10  :-D

Nuno B and Marty F uses GT8

Hey that's my FX!!!

Offline francis123456789

« Reply #1041 on: April 06, 2010, 01:31:29 PM »
elo sa lahat.
nagstart kasi ako sa single effects at nasubukan ko din mag multi effects, pero may problema kasi ako pag dating sa solo,ung distortion ng multy effects humihina pag mahina din ang pag'scratch' or 'strum' sa string pero sa stomp box tulad ng boss hyper metal hindi nagbabago or humihina ung distortion,interested ako sa boss gt10 kasi gusto kong malaman kung same parin ba ung gain ng distortion sa malakas o mahinang pag strum ng string? gusto ko sana bumili nyan pero kung mahina ung distortion pag mahina ang strum sa string edi stick nalang ako sa stomp box. sana may magreply para malaman ko kung anong gagawin ko mga boss gt10 users.thansk

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1042 on: April 06, 2010, 05:45:02 PM »
elo sa lahat.
nagstart kasi ako sa single effects at nasubukan ko din mag multi effects, pero may problema kasi ako pag dating sa solo,ung distortion ng multy effects humihina pag mahina din ang pag'scratch' or 'strum' sa string pero sa stomp box tulad ng boss hyper metal hindi nagbabago or humihina ung distortion,interested ako sa boss gt10 kasi gusto kong malaman kung same parin ba ung gain ng distortion sa malakas o mahinang pag strum ng string? gusto ko sana bumili nyan pero kung mahina ung distortion pag mahina ang strum sa string edi stick nalang ako sa stomp box. sana may magreply para malaman ko kung anong gagawin ko mga boss gt10 users.thansk

Welcome to the thread Sir,
Di ko lng makuha yong tanong pero feel at home may sasagot diyan sa tanong mo.

Offline charlesdavidlim

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1043 on: April 06, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »
baka ibig niyang sabihin kapag transition na tapos magnnote picking na humihina yung output ng distortion.
No glove. No love.

Offline avatar

« Reply #1044 on: April 06, 2010, 09:38:42 PM »
@francis123456789: are you referring to dynamics? most if not all pedal effects should respond to how you hit your strings...and the gt10 also responds the same way. That is if i got your question right, kung hindi naman then disregard my reply :D

Offline patchpanel

« Reply #1045 on: April 07, 2010, 02:31:59 PM »
Its better for you to hear it than for me to explain it  :lol:
Here's a simple Distortion sample clip not tweak to be great patch only for your sampling.
First the DEC is ON then before the middle I switched it OFF then later switched it back ON.
On the middle part (OFF portion) you will hear the sizzling background which we call it FIZZ a byproduct of multiFX during on its processing maybe due to aliasing some say (I too believe its digital aliasing coz the analog doesn't exhibit this sound).
You will also notice that the chord strum in the beginning has clarity on each string while on the OFF portion the chord seems to be warbling.
IMPORTANT NOTE: you will hear through out the clip that the TIMBRE has never change EVEN SWITCHING ON AND OFF the DEC co'z the beauty of the DEC it doesn't change your tone (your sweet tone) ONLY stripped the sizzling plate sound and enhances the chord (analog sounding). It has the same sound di ba (timbre)...therefore no amount of EQ that could strip and enhance the sound and if you use EQ it would only change the TONAL CHARACTER (timbre) and still can't eliminate that sizzling bee background ang sagwa parang tunog laruan digital fx mo plus your chord string has no clarity.
Judge for your ear, tip use headphone to better monitor the clip :lol:

Just IMAGINE if you don't have DEC. I keep telling anyone nandito na solution and they just keep ignoring and not giving some moment time to experience it before everything else. They just give up easily and sell their GT10 (lose some) and come back in this thread say "Kaya ko binenta GT10 ko eh"
I'm not doing this to sell DEC if you can do-it-yourself you can have it. I already gave (post) the schematic. I just wanna share my secret and experience why I'm loving my GT10  :wink:  

Thanks for clip and info bro. I' get that in the GTs high gain sims. Thats what I appreciate from Line6's flagship sim., hindi masyadong evident sa high gain tones nila. I won't give up on my GT10.

Anyways, PM me sir on the DEC's price and your contact#. I'll like to have one. Di ko magagawa kahit may schematic kasi trabaho kontra musika..hehe  :-D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 02:37:39 PM by patchpanel »

Offline charlesdavidlim

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1046 on: April 09, 2010, 08:58:47 PM »
pag nirestore ko ba GT-10 ung patch ba na u01 babalik sa dati?
i min kahti mabura ung ginawa ko ok lng basta bumalik lng sa dati ung u01 na patch

thanks sana may makatulong
No glove. No love.

Offline poink27

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1047 on: April 09, 2010, 09:38:15 PM »
elo sa lahat.

huh? ayaw mo nun? mas ok nga ung sumusunod yung tunog mo sa ginagawa ng daliri mo eh...gusto mo pareho lng ng lakas kahit mahina na ung pag-pick mo? baligtad ka...

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1048 on: April 10, 2010, 05:19:44 AM »
pag nirestore ko ba GT-10 ung patch ba na u01 babalik sa dati?
i min kahti mabura ung ginawa ko ok lng basta bumalik lng sa dati ung u01 na patch

thanks sana may makatulong

Patch U0-01 lang ba gusto mo restore Sir? O lahat ng user patch? Alam no naman siguro U0-01 is the same with P0-01 and so on. Or Resetting it to factory default ang gusto mo? Doing this would reset back the original patch of GT10.

Offline ejmitra25

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1049 on: April 10, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »
ang galing ni rogeryu alam pasikut sikut pagdating sa gt10,,