hulika

Author Topic: Boss GT10 users thread  (Read 324081 times)

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Boss GT10 users thread
« Reply #1125 on: April 27, 2010, 01:29:44 AM »
Yeah. Forgot to mention this, pinoproblema ko kasi pag naka off yung OD/DS. Wala na akong booster.

Ah, ako kapag off ang OD/DS ko, gumagawa ako ng identical patch then increase ako ng volume or patch level then save it sa Patch 4. Kasi ang configuration ko sa pedal ko nga is #1 Clean #2 overdrive/crunch #3 Solo/lead #4 clean solo/effects.  Share ko lang bro

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1126 on: April 27, 2010, 01:35:24 AM »
Ah, ako kapag off ang OD/DS ko, gumagawa ako ng identical patch then increase ako ng volume or patch level then save it sa Patch 4. Kasi ang configuration ko sa pedal ko nga is #1 Clean #2 overdrive/crunch #3 Solo/lead #4 clean solo/effects.  Share ko lang bro

Ah. That's a good approach. But a bit difficult for me because I use the manual mode. Maybe instead of turning the OD/DS on and off, maybe I could just toggle between a transparent sounding/no gain/no tone change OD and a dirtier DS. Hmm. That way, I'll always have the OD on and have access to the SOLO switch.

Last saturday I spent more time tweaking the GT10 than practicing.  :lol:

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1127 on: April 27, 2010, 01:41:15 AM »
Ah. That's a good approach. But a bit difficult for me because I use the manual mode. Maybe instead of turning the OD/DS on and off, maybe I could just toggle between a transparent sounding/no gain/no tone change OD and a dirtier DS. Hmm. That way, I'll always have the OD on and have access to the SOLO switch.

Last saturday I spent more time tweaking the GT10 than practicing.  :lol:

Well, that's good maybe I'll try it also.  Ako din Saturday and Sunday din nag tweak wala kasing batang malikot sa bahay kaya walang mangungulit ng GT10 ko.  We have a perfect 2-day romance and wow ang ganda talaga ng GT-10

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1128 on: April 27, 2010, 01:42:18 AM »
Lalo na kung may DEC na ako.

Offline raikidoodles

« Reply #1129 on: April 27, 2010, 01:45:09 AM »
yeah you can use control pedals to enhance you over all tone, dami choices you have the solo on/off of your od/ds, pwede rin assigning the on/off of your eq to your control pedals, pwede rin expression pedal to increase your volume for your solo - that will give enough boosts to your tone, grabe dami options talaga, kulang na lang makapagsend ng sms ang gt-10.  Hey kindly check this link this will support your idea that it is better to use your gt-10 stomps model when connecting straight to a normal guitar amp input.  Madami ka rin matututunan sa na site na to, check it out.

http://www.xycl.de/en/guitar-effects/boss-gt/guitar-amp.html

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1130 on: April 27, 2010, 01:47:36 AM »
@Gerrit
Gusto ko din nun. Kaso wala pang GAS budget.

@Raikidoodles
Thanks sa link pre. Unproductive na naman ako sa work ko. Hahaha.

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1131 on: April 27, 2010, 06:50:17 AM »

What I meant was I bypassed the GT10's preamp, and used it as a stompbox set in front of my amp. Sweet bro! The only problem is that my amp has no FX loop, so I was not able to use 4CM. Everything was in front of my amp. Before this, I've always used the GT10's preamp and plugged either directly into PA or into the power amp in/FX loop.

IMHO, it's best to bypass/turn off the GT10's preamp if you like how your amp's preamp sound. Just use it in stompbox mode.

We (Markd) have the same honest experience and opinion....Sana nga nag labas ang Boss ng two Flagship version ng GT10  :-(
one is our current GT10 version w/COSM preamp models
the other is GT10 version without COSM preamp model para cheaper

Guitar amp has two major circuit stage just to illustrate.
INPUT (preamp stage) and OUTPUT (amplifier stage)
then out to cab/speaker. Some has effect loop in between SEND out galing sa preamp stage and back to RETURN amplifier stage. It can be parallel or series or both. Some has their own Mojo on each stage din.

back again to our manual page 25. Set output select to JC120 or Small Amp( if small wattages amp/speaker is/was available that time) or Combo or Stack

Boss meant when using FRONT INPUT co'z they gave user other options for RETURN

JC-120
Use this setting when connecting to Roland’s JC-120 guitar amp.

SMALL AMP
Use this setting when connecting to small guitar amp.

COMBO AMP
Use this setting when connecting to the guitar input of a combo amp other than the JC-120
guitar amp (where the amp and speaker or speakers are combined in a single unit).
* Depending on your guitar amp, you may be able to obtain good results with the “JC-120” setting.

STACK AMP
Use this setting when connecting to the guitar input of a stack-type guitar amp (where the amp and speaker or speakers are separated).

Set those Guitar amp INPUT channel 1 clean (or eq/tone into clean and flat) plus better if you have channel 2 dirt (for your OD/DS) then have ready with your amp footswitch beside GT then use the GT in MANUAL mode like a analog pedals
for example lang.

P1 Comp
P2 OD/DS (Just use Fx1 or Fx2 if you love your amp channel DIRT)
P3 Chorus
P4 Delay
B1 patch up
B2 patch down
Ctl1 switch between PATCH mode and MANUAL mode
Ctl2 FX1 or FX2 (whatever you like other than FX1/2 or as TUNER)
Exp pedal to switch ON/OFF wah OR Volumn controlling and for solo boost

This is good to many
1. You can use your own clean and dirt guitar channel preamp
2. can use various OD/DS on P2 with B1 patch up/ B2 patch down
3. If you don't have a RETURN loop on your guitar amp
4. You can easily change into PATCH mode with Ctl1 whenever you wish to exit to MANUAL mode
5. If you really don't use GT preamp so not to double stack in series a sim preamp with your guitar preamp. Result it would sound compress(thin/harsh) like chaining both distortion box or one od and one dist BOTH switch ON even od is set to clean. Now to compensate that thin sounding we opt to push the volume more on either stomp which again would resulted to FEEDBACKing still would also compressed the signal and its not wide open just unlike ONE STOMP od or ds. Better use an OD or DS stomp series with clean BOOSTER stomp di ba Sir. Clean and transparent ang overdrive or distortion with the booster stomp. Maganda sir yon Mosfet booster ng AMZ sa akin pag analog pedals and set up ko. Maraming iba pa.

Caveat, when you make or build and save a patch aimed to a specific AMP your patch may not sound the same with another AMP and this is true in my experience. One solution is Boss gave us the Global Eq Function see our manual page 62
So you won't reset every patch and leave it untouched BUT this is not guarranty 100 percent. Even some multiFx has this global function.

Also when you built your patch in low volume at home it may also not the same when you use it LOUD live with your band so better tweak the basic level at home then re tweak that high with some eq needed to compensate the Fletcher Munson effect then save write/save it LIVE Hotel California just an example or make some code like L/Hotel hindi Motel ha :|
To give some idea on FM
here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher%E2%80%93Munson_curves
Again there is no RULE lagi ko nalng inuulit ito. Kasi anyone everybody has their own various type of guiatr/gear/rig/tone/experience/mojo etc....
If it is sound good to you then its great. I or we can't say pangit yan mas maganda akin or mas maganda yon. Hype or Facts

THERE IS NO RULE OF THE THUMB  :mrgreen:

BTW, this is the very reason why also I started the DEC or HARMONIC CONVERGER (HC) thread for that topic not to discuss it here, kasi di ba many are enjoying their multiFx even GT10 as stand alone mga comrade. And we would like to discuss tip/trick/sharing with GT10 here co'z we don't want to offend those user specially GT10 owner here then later demoralized sell their unit then frequent flyering here pangit GT10, hindi talagang pangit GT10 (of course they are entitle to their own right opinion) mawawalan na naman tayong kasama. If someone, someone only asked some issues here or maybe solution related to the best you know DEC or HC could help just point that thread and may say "last option sir subukan mo na lang muna DEC or HC baka makatulong sa problema mo kung hindi pa sell it"  
Here's mine only analogy
Pineapple is not for everyone, I don't like Pineapple no joke that is true! kasi nanganga sim ako kahit matamis sikmura ko after I ate and I don't know why? siguro nag yo yosi kasi ako BUT i know its full of vitamins not just C and good for the health. So I sort to Apple or ponkan Orange na lang kasi mura na.

Hope I did help and explain it well from my POV.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:01:45 AM by rogeryu »

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1132 on: April 27, 2010, 07:57:12 AM »
@Sir Roger
As usual, your indepth GT10 knowledge is a guiding light on this thread. Sana makapag EB/JAM tayo minsan para exchange na rin ng tips and tricks.

I always keep two types of patches on my GT10. One with the preamp, and the other for stompbox mode. I can't count how many times the GT10's preamp had saved me during gigs. Crappy amplifiers? Switch to my preamp patches and plug directly to the PA.

But since I've recently bought a cub 10, which preamp I really like, I started exploring the stompbox mode for the GT10.

BTW, sir Roger, what do you use as booster/SOLO swtch when you preamp is turned off?

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1133 on: April 27, 2010, 02:07:43 PM »
Comrade Roger, can you send me thru sms your bank account no. and name.  Magpapagawa na ako ng DEC sa iyo may GAS budget na ako. Txt me comrade 09054773133

Mardk, mauna na ako sa DEC sa yo ha  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1134 on: April 27, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »
@ Mardk sir I use the Num Pdl Sw (Number Pedal Switch)
This allows you to call up various features by pressing the pedals
with the same numbers as the currently selected patch in patch mode.
See manual page 57
Let say your OD/DS drive level is 70 the default Solo Sw is OFF make your SOLO LEVEL let say 90 or 100 so that when you step the same num pdl it would Sw ON the OD Solo to that level(100) stepping once more would Sw OFF naman.

select which one you prefer
OD Solo -Switches the OD/DS SOLO on and off.
Solo -Switches the Preamp SOLO on and off.
AB Solo -Switches the preamp SOLO, for both

But when you're in Manual mode you need to a pick which pedal P1-P4 B1/2
to turn the which ever solo you plan.
OD Sol -Switches the OD/DS SOLO on and off.
Solo -Switches the Preamp SOLO on and off.
A&BSol -Switches the preamp SOLO, for both

@ Gerrit sir Reserved na kay Drick one available unit  :-(
See DEC thread he posted there his commitment. This is also for me not to be bias to anyone who might want just post there for your reservation. First Come First Serve. Sir.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:15:16 PM by rogeryu »

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1135 on: April 27, 2010, 05:16:21 PM »
@ Sir Roger

Yup I'm using manual mode. The problem with using the OD's solo switch is that when it is off, you will not have a booster for your clean tone.

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1136 on: April 27, 2010, 07:01:28 PM »
@ Sir Roger

Yup I'm using manual mode. The problem with using the OD's solo switch is that when it is off, you will not have a booster for your clean tone.

I don't quite get the question Sir.
I'll try
You can use the Bank1 pedal as NumDec(-patch) Left
and Bank2 pedal as NumInc(+patch)
so as a guide when you step B2 Right (inc)this goes to the next patch/ B1 Left (dec) WITH BOTH totally the same patch only the (PATCH VOLUME) with adjacent patch is slight boost.
Let say your in patch2 with Manual mode step on B2(right inc) it will go to patch3 still in manual mode but the patch vol level is higher than the patch2. I don't know if this is what you want. :| Hope you get my idea too.

See page 136 manual mode setting parameters available

NumInc
Switches to the next higher patch number in the same bank as the currently selected patch.
NumDec
Switches to the next lower patch number in the same bank as the currently selected
patch.

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1137 on: April 27, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
@Sir Roger

Hehe. sorry if it was unclear. I can't bank up and bank down because the bank up is assigned to my delay, and the bank down is for my tap tempo. Basically, all the pedals in my manual mode are already assigned to something. Even bank up and bank down.

By the way, I have not tried it yet, but I'm guessing the GT10 doesn't have a latency problem when switching patches or banks, right?

Offline raikidoodles

« Reply #1138 on: April 28, 2010, 02:19:34 AM »
that's correct and you can switch it on a different effect mode it can be fast or it can also slightly delay the other effect and letting the tone fade naturally.  very perfect.  sir roger sa thread ba sa dec ako magpo-post ng order, magpapagawa na ako?   active na uli band ko eh i need to make some show off of my newly discovered arsenal.

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1139 on: April 28, 2010, 04:53:11 AM »
@ Raiki Sir, duon nlng sir.
@ Mardk later give us feedback ha i'll give you step by step kung maipaliwanag ko ng husto sir

Thanks,

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1140 on: April 28, 2010, 07:50:44 PM »
@Sir Roger

I'll post it on the weekend. Wala sa condo yung GT10 ko. :(

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1141 on: April 28, 2010, 10:51:29 PM »
@Sir Roger

I'll post it on the weekend. Wala sa condo yung GT10 ko. :(

Sige comrade Mardk.

Offline col_rukie

« Reply #1142 on: April 30, 2010, 12:15:23 PM »
mY good sirs,

I have been experimenting on the effects of the gt-10 an ang daming possibilities. Meron bang parang forum dedicated sA MGA effects nito. tutorial?tricks? at kung ano ano pa? Tinignan ko kasi ung mga patches ung isang patch dun hindi ko inakalang autoriff pala un at different bpm's

my respect to all
Lets talk music!!! www.musicandthewalk.com

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1143 on: May 02, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »
@ Mardk sir I use the Num Pdl Sw (Number Pedal Switch)

Let say your OD/DS drive level is 70 the default Solo Sw is OFF make your SOLO LEVEL let say 90 or 100 so that when you step the same num pdl it would Sw ON the OD Solo to that level(100) stepping once more would Sw OFF naman.

Yup, dahil sa reply na ito ni roger nagawa ko na ito at mas OK instead na gagawa ako ng same patche with higher patch level, I'll just step on the Num Pdl Sw and that's it.  May solo ako in every patch hindi lng sa lead patch. 

Thanks roger

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1144 on: May 03, 2010, 01:16:47 PM »
mY good sirs,

I have been experimenting on the effects of the gt-10 an ang daming possibilities. Meron bang parang forum dedicated sA MGA effects nito. tutorial?tricks? at kung ano ano pa? Tinignan ko kasi ung mga patches ung isang patch dun hindi ko inakalang autoriff pala un at different bpm's

my respect to all

There you are comrade col_rukie, I gave some of my compilation tips/tweaks/techniques at this thread first post see page 1 and hope you enjoy using it.
BTW, Everybody can share also their secret and experience using the GT10.  :-)

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1145 on: May 10, 2010, 02:16:01 AM »
A little demo of the GT-10's dynamics, how it reacts to your playing style, picking attack, volume knob rolled off, etc...LIVE!  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6s_wHJNHo

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1146 on: May 10, 2010, 01:52:05 PM »
A little demo of the GT-10's dynamics, how it reacts to your playing style, picking attack, volume knob rolled off, etc...LIVE!  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6s_wHJNHo

Nice tone bro, I like it! can you provide the patch settings please. Thanks.

Offline blackdogg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1147 on: May 10, 2010, 09:22:06 PM »
Nice tone bro, I like it! can you provide the patch settings please. Thanks.

Hi. Im actually using one of the presets, with some minor EQ tweak ( Hi-cut )  :-)
I'll try to find out what exact preset later.

Offline raikidoodles

« Reply #1148 on: May 22, 2010, 01:31:04 AM »
Guys I am really sorry, mejo kapos ang isang comrade nyo ngayon kaya mejo pakakawalan ko muna ang baby ko, im selling my gt-10 together with my other stuff, it is a very hard decision to make but definitely i'll be back to make a purchase again.   This is not a goodbye mejo parang indefinite leave lang. . .  :oops: :oops: :oops:

tO all interesteD gt-10 buyers pls check this link, and yes my SCRATCHLESS GT-10 IS FOR SALE this time!

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,146978.0.html

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1149 on: May 22, 2010, 02:05:56 AM »
Guys I am really sorry, mejo kapos ang isang comrade nyo ngayon kaya mejo pakakawalan ko muna ang baby ko, im selling my gt-10 together with my other stuff, it is a very hard decision to make but definitely i'll be back to make a purchase again.   This is not a goodbye mejo parang indefinite leave lang. . .  :oops: :oops: :oops:

tO all interesteD gt-10 buyers pls check this link, and yes my SCRATCHLESS GT-10 IS FOR SALE this time!

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,146978.0.html

sorry to hear that you're selling your GT10 man, but you gotta do what you gotta do.