hulika

Author Topic: Boutique Pedal Review: Matchless Hot Box -- Not for the financially challenged  (Read 73179 times)

Offline Kulas

uhmm... time check, 5:15am... too much angst too early in the morning, hehe.

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Boutique Pedal Review: Matchless Hot Box -- Not for the financially challeng
« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2006, 05:18:11 AM »
Yeah, that may have been me. Kung circa '97, sa Streetlife, must've been with the showband, Legacy.

Dehin strat yon. Yamaha Pacifica. Black nga. Super strat-type guitar.

=)

Hey Aya, just curious. Did you play in a cover band before? I think I remember seeing someone who looked like you at Street Life in 1997...black Strat, with a female vocalist.

Cool! I have a video of one of your gigs...lol. Damn, your vocalist was pretty and was very good,  she sure can hit them notes. She was belting out Diana King's "Shy Guy"...  :-D

Oh, and I already knew how good you were back then....

Oh, I wasn't really all that good back then. Overplaying musician todo. Walang restraint. Kulang sa phrasing. Kulang na kulang sa pacing, sa hinga.

Kangkarot.

I wasn't all that good back then.

And i still ain't sh_t.
 :-)

[/quote]
eto naman si aya o,pa humble epek pa. :mrgreen:

Offline alroyT

• Veteran Member
uhhmm check time 4:18 NYC time,Its alright!!!Dont stop pls harhar

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
vhunter,

I dont use compressors but thats because I am not a musician.  Heh Heh.  Not even professional in anything.  But thats because I rely on my guitar and amp to give me the compression when I want.  My guitars and amps also become dynamic when I want them to.

More often than not, I just plug straight and as a result, I am more conscious of my hands than what a lot of people here give me credit for.  I guess am a special Indian but as you said who cares as long as I can draw emotion with a single lick with my own set of hands.

• Forum Fanatic
Kulas,

Yup its early.  You are too addicted to this forum... heh heh

Offline alroyT

• Veteran Member
vhunter,

I dont use compressors but thats because I am not a musician.  Heh Heh.  Not even professional in anything.  But thats because I rely on my guitar and amp to give me the compression when I want.  My guitars and amps also become dynamic when I want them to.

More often than not, I just plug straight and as a result, I am more conscious of my hands than what a lot of people here give me credit for.  I guess am a special Indian but as you said who cares as long as I can draw emotion with a single lick with my own set of hands.

Who's emotion did u draw from ur single lick?Not me,anybody here?

Offline Kulas

Kulas,

Yup its early.  You are too addicted to this forum... heh heh

i'm still at work bro, graveyard shift, hehe. aga mo gumising ah!

• Forum Fanatic
AlroyT,

Siyempre not here... hindi naman drawing out emotion ang forum na ito boss in the musical sense ... discussion group with everybody bash OAS boxing match so that we all feel good and remain politically correct -- thats the only emotion I see here

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Re: Boutique Pedal Review: Matchless Hot Box -- Not for the financially challeng
« Reply #283 on: December 09, 2006, 05:42:45 AM »
tama na tong away... planuhin na lang ang tone party!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

• Forum Fanatic
Kulas,

Theres nothing like exercising your mind first thing in the morning, its like taking coffee.

Offline Kulas

bro alex, tuloy ba yung sa 18th? where and what time?

Offline alroyT

• Veteran Member
bili ko kayo lahat ng matchless hotbox kung papayag yan mag pa tone party  :-D

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
it is pointless payabangan ng gears kung di namam magling tumugtog......hehehehe db fafah aya??

• Forum Fanatic
Kulas,

Hindi pa kami naguusap ni Steve... Masyadong Busy...

• Forum Fanatic
edmund,

kaya nga "tone party" hindi "jamming contest" kasi equipment ang review.  Di ba Aya?   

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Deltaslim,

"at kung pagtugtog nga Statesboro Blues lang din, kay Joey Puyat na ko... Squier Strat lang yun at Rat pero maiihi ka naman sa sarap!"

Before you shoot your mouth off can you please ask Mr. Joey Puyat why he uses his Squier Strat instead of his US Strats?  I will tell you because his Squier Strat MIJ stock is better sounding than his US Strats.  Kung talagang kanya kanya iyan at lahat sa kamay, ask him in detail why he loves his Squier so much.  Tanunging mo na sa kanya kung ilan Squier ang sinubukan niya bago niya nahanap itong Squier na ito.

Now, you also said that if the Squier is good enough for him then the squier is good enough for us and we deserve it.  So, TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS WHO OWN BAD SOUNDING SQUIERS, ACCORDING TO DELTASLIM, YOU DESERVE YOUR BAD SOUNDING SQUIERS. I will just qualify this, everyone here deserves a good sounding squier and a good sounding squier can beat a bad sounding USA Custom Shop Fender and I have played and heard bad sounding but beautiful looking Fender Custom Shops.  Now, the challenge is actually looking for a good sounding squier but to be able to find a good sounding squier, the first step is to acknowledge then even if guitars are all different --- ang daming na kasing squier sa mundo --- you first have to drop the concept na kanya kanya lang iyan and really define what is a good sounding guitar for you.  Because if you make a purchase decision based on looks, style and color kasi kanya kanya lang iyan, you will never even realize if you have bad sounding or good sounding guitar.  Now, the 2nd big problem, I will give my personal experience on Squiers, only 1 out of 20 sound good.  But thats just me...

By the way, bakit ka hindi bumili ng Squier sa Singapore if you deserve it so much? ... Ooops.  Wala pa lang Squier sa Singapore pero mayroon pala sa Pilipinas.  Mali pala logic ko.

Oas - It's your lucky day! I chatted with Joey before, in-between, and after their gig last night and, guess what, he says TONE IS IN THE FINGERS!  Let's see Joey Puyat vs Oas Gomez... sino ba papaniwalaan ko?

Anyway, I don't get the point of the rest of your post. It's all hogwash as far as I'm concerned.    Eh kaya ko nga ni-point out na naka Squire sya dahil para sa kanya eh mas maganda kesa sa ibang options avail sa kanya. Pero ang pinakaimportante siya ang may hawak e and if a player works on his skills instead of his mouth, it matters less and less what his gear is -- regardless of how much it cost (which disproves your argument that tone is in the wallet).  So what's your point? 

Any mature individual here can see that you don't know how to listen and make intelligent arguments.  Instead you put words into people's mouths like your outrageoust post above.   Uggghhh!

If you think you have been reduced to a whipping boy and laughing-stock, it's a grave you've dug up yourself...  And btw, it is true... people are laughing at you even if they don't post here.  Pitiful...

Offline toybitz

Deltaslim,

"at kung pagtugtog nga Statesboro Blues lang din, kay Joey Puyat na ko... Squier Strat lang yun at Rat pero maiihi ka naman sa sarap!" - Delta

Now, you also said that if the Squier is good enough for him then the squier is good enough for us and we deserve it.  So, TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS WHO OWN BAD SOUNDING SQUIERS, ACCORDING TO DELTASLIM, YOU DESERVE YOUR BAD SOUNDING SQUIERS. 

Although you quoted Delta in open/close quote and quote, your second paragraph isn't his.  It's definitely yours.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #292 on: December 09, 2006, 12:25:24 PM »
Yessssss. It's getting warmer...  :-D
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Well, I'm bored with all this now... I'd rather practice and actually WORK ON my tone rather than TALK ABOUT tone.  Also, in the spirit of xmas, I'll try to promote peace and harmony by refraining from arguing with this incredibly stubborn and incorrigible fella...  I'll just leave y'all with one of my favorite quotes:

Good tone = decent gear
Great tone = lotsa practice

Merry xmas and peace y'all!  (... and please watch Blue Xmas Party/Concert on Dec 15  at Conspiracy Garden Cafe)

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #294 on: December 09, 2006, 02:32:39 PM »
vhunter,

I dont use compressors but thats because I am not a musician.  Heh Heh.  Not even professional in anything.  But thats because I rely on my guitar and amp to give me the compression when I want.  My guitars and amps also become dynamic when I want them to.

More often than not, I just plug straight and as a result, I am more conscious of my hands than what a lot of people here give me credit for.  I guess am a special Indian but as you said who cares as long as I can draw emotion with a single lick with my own set of hands.

Lol what i meant was most pro musicians use a compressor to hide thier mistakes... in other words anyone that owns one hides behind thier gear.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 02:35:56 PM by vhunter »

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2006, 05:14:59 PM »
i love you guys...  :cry:

• Forum Fanatic
vhunter,

I know.  I was just kiddin around too that a non musician is naive enough not to hide behind a compressor.

• Forum Fanatic
Deltaslim,

Great tone is in practice?  Akala ko in the hands...  You are confusing us.  Akala ko rin musicianship is in practice?  Talagang hindi mo alam saan kukunin ang timbre mo.  Well I wish Santa Clause would grant you the insight of tone.

That aside, it was a good year to spar around with but I have been advised that I do not belong in this forum.  The person used the analogy of the building.  I am alone on the 10th floor while the majority are on the 5th floor.  No matter how hard I try to convince the 5th floor guys that the air and view is different on the 10th floor, the 5th floor guys insist it is the same.  The 5th floor guys are pushing me to go down but they dont understand that I already passed the 5th floor and are not willing enough to climb on to the 10th.

You are right.  Time is better spent practicing instead of posting on this forum.  December will be the last month of my posts.

But to you and your family, I wish you best wishes this Christmas and Good Luck on your upcoming gigs...

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #298 on: December 09, 2006, 09:27:16 PM »
I heart PhilMusic.com  :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Deltaslim,

Great tone is in practice?  Akala ko in the hands...  You are confusing us.  Akala ko rin musicianship is in practice?  Talagang hindi mo alam saan kukunin ang timbre mo.  Well I wish Santa Clause would grant you the insight of tone.

That aside, it was a good year to spar around with but I have been advised that I do not belong in this forum.  The person used the analogy of the building.  I am alone on the 10th floor while the majority are on the 5th floor.  No matter how hard I try to convince the 5th floor guys that the air and view is different on the 10th floor, the 5th floor guys insist it is the same.  The 5th floor guys are pushing me to go down but they dont understand that I already passed the 5th floor and are not willing enough to climb on to the 10th.

You are right.  Time is better spent practicing instead of posting on this forum.  December will be the last month of my posts.

But to you and your family, I wish you best wishes this Christmas and Good Luck on your upcoming gigs...

I see you're still at it (as seen also in the other thread)... putting words into our mouths and twisting statements to suit your own purposes... and still looking down from your ivory tower... tsk tsk.  Kahit sa huling post mo siguro di mo pa rin matitiis mang-insulto, so ibuhos mo na lahat bago matapos ang taon.  But, like I said, I'm done with you, whether you leave here or not.  

May have been good year of sparring for you, but me, I never enjoy it (altho I laugh a lot in the process). Nobody enjoys sparring with anyone here, least of all me cuz I enjoy making friends in this forum, in person, kahit sa buy & sell deals ko...  That is a big reason I am here a lot.  I've made more friends here in the last 1+ year than I have in the previous 5 years and it feels good.  But my upbringing, education, and experience has taught me not to take intolerance, prejudice, and personal attacks sitting down, so there you have it...

I certainly hope you have better luck in other aspects of your life than you have had here.   And I hope you take away some life lessons from this experience, as have I.