hulika

Author Topic: Yamaha NS10 Reborn vs SN10 Showcase At Tracks... listen and hear pls call in  (Read 28754 times)

Offline Bryank

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Thanks for the advice guys!

Cheers!

Offline audioe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
1.  NS10 Reborn
2.  Jereale96
3.  Allenp (may depend on sched)
4.  skin
5.  BAMP (sir sama na kita ha incase host ka rin)
6.  stilljey (your in)
7.  Paulo Z (Pag Libre Ako)
8. Peter North (Pag wala akong taping call ako dyan! Joke! As in go ako kahit pa pagalitan ako ng Presidente namin)
9. uno
10 george estregan
11. bellhouse...
12. irajames
13. Mr. Gellybea
14. audio-e

Offline NS10 Reborn

1.  NS10 Reborn
2.  Jereale96
3.  Allenp (may depend on sched)
4.  skin
5.  BAMP (sir sama na kita ha incase host ka rin)
6.  stilljey (your in)
7.  Paulo Z (Pag Libre Ako)
8. Peter North (Pag wala akong taping call ako dyan! Joke! As in go ako kahit pa pagalitan ako ng Presidente namin)
9. uno
10 george estregan
11. bellhouse...
12. irajames
13. Mr. Gellybea
14. audio-e

Nothing to loose here guys... were very close to the date... Sir Mike... April 13, 2010 at 3 pm confirmed.  See you all at Tracks Recording with our very generous host Sir Mike Pedero... address on the thread just have a read...

Offline bellhaus

lapit na yehey! :-D

Offline jereale96

nalalapit na pagkikita...abangan!

Offline NS10 Reborn

nalalapit na pagkikita...abangan!
  Mga brad... we need a spare amp to run one of the ns10's... or maybe the SN10... we hope to get some volunteers as we only have one... fill in the gaps mga bro tulong tulong para sa ikabubuti ng informal showcase learning session natin... Sir Mike P's  got only one here's the spec of the SN10 to match...

80 watts passive siya... kayo na bahala... sa amp ok... thanks a lot... :mrgreen:

Inspired by the legendary Yamaha NS10 which became a standard within the studio industry, this new model addresses the two improvements that studios thought appropriate, namely an extended bass response and the need for more output. The SN10 incorporates an 8 inch driver not a 6.5 inch. It has a massive magnet which together with the increased size uprates the power to 80 watts. The HF output is handled by a 1 inch soft domed tweeter driven by the crossover which operates at 3.2kHz. The cabinet is constructed from 19mm MDF and veneered in black. The front grille is removable. The sound is punchy and very close to the familiar NS10s. The stereo imagery is excellent and the top end is smooth. Should users manage to fry either of the speakers, it`s nice to know that replacements are available.

Offline mr. gellybean

• Netizen Level
anybody got an amp for the showcase... we need another one from any volunteer...

come on if only i have one i will bring it but i dont... mga brad tulong tulong... amp hiram lang naman

for the ns10 or the sn10... we only have less than 2 weeks to do this... salamat...

excited me... :evil:

Offline bellhaus

try ko but not sure. sana walang project! hi nga pala kay sir pauloz hehehe :-D

Offline NS10 Reborn

Mga brad... we need a spare amp to run one of the ns10's... or maybe the SN10... we hope to get some volunteers as we only have one... fill in the gaps mga bro tulong tulong para sa ikabubuti ng informal showcase learning session natin... Sir Mike P's  got only one here's the spec of the SN10 to match...

80 watts passive siya... kayo na bahala... sa amp ok... thanks a lot... :mrgreen:

Inspired by the legendary Yamaha NS10 which became a standard within the studio industry, this new model addresses the two improvements that studios thought appropriate, namely an extended bass response and the need for more output. The SN10 incorporates an 8 inch driver not a 6.5 inch. It has a massive magnet which together with the increased size uprates the power to 80 watts. The HF output is handled by a 1 inch soft domed tweeter driven by the crossover which operates at 3.2kHz. The cabinet is constructed from 19mm MDF and veneered in black. The front grille is removable. The sound is punchy and very close to the familiar NS10s. The stereo imagery is excellent and the top end is smooth. Should users manage to fry either of the speakers, it`s nice to know that replacements are available.

mga brad baka naman merong pwedeng magdala ng amp... volunteer..salamat

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
mga brad baka naman merong pwedeng magdala ng amp... volunteer..salamat
HIFI? Meron ako! Denon PMA390...pwede ba? eto gamit ko sa NS10 ko eh...
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline mr. gellybean

• Netizen Level
that should be alright i guess... what do you think guys?  dabest ka brad...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 04:37:14 AM by mr. gellybean »

Offline bellhaus

yun oh!

Offline NS10 Reborn

Hello brad... salamat talaga... thanks to you my friend... bring that amp over so we can use it... hope its ok cheers

let us know ok...  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline NS10 Reborn

Again BIG THANKS TO OUR very generous host sir MIKE PEDERO...

See you all at Tracks soon... hope everybody who joins will learn something from this experience... God bless you all... :-D

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
yun oh!
100V ito... i hope meron dun... 110 ok lang.
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

Offline NS10 Reborn

100V ito... i hope meron dun... 110 ok lang.

may spare amp na daw si Angee Rozul ive spoke to him yesterday so... well all be fine... cheers

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
want me to bring my tube reference amp ? Yeah why not.

I can make it ata.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline MixMan

14) Arvin Garvida (will try pa po mga sir)

Offline NS10 Reborn

want me to bring my tube reference amp ? Yeah why not.

I can make it ata.
  why not great guys... see you then...

Offline bellhaus

wuhoo mamaya na to!

Offline NS10 Reborn

We had a very good and successful time with our Very Active and Willing Hearted Host no other than Mr. Mike P. as well as our award winning recording engineer Angee Rozul from our Multi awarded Tracks Recording Studio in Pasig... you should check the SN10 monitor speakers out listen and see for yourself what these slightly  bigger smooth sounding studio monitors deliver for your mixes... the monitors will be there to stay up until the end of the month... thats our main point of contact... also, thanks to all those who attended Jobet of Doghouse recording, je from GMA, julius from Rizal, erwin of Audio E..... salamat brad BAMF.. i like your valve amp with Ipod dock... dabest...
 to those of you who are curious about the speakers... just visit TRacks Recording... 19 delgado st., san antonio village, pasig... malapit lang... hahaha

sige mga brad... cheers...

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
i came late... but iwas able to hear it. salamat at iniwan mo dun...

Offline alvincflorentino

For the benefit of those of us who can't seem to find the time to go and listen, would anyone who attended mind describing the similarities/differences between the two? That was the reason for calling this "showdown", right?
Korg Kronos, Korg PolySix, Roland Juno-106/SH-101; Fender '57 strat/'52 tele, Gibson LP SL; Korg D16XD, dbx 266XL, Mackie 1402 VLZ, Roland UA-700 interface, Audio Technica AT-4033SE, Rode NT1-A, Studio Projects B1/B3;  Yamaha NS-10M, Alesis M1 Active MkII

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
For the benefit of those of us who can't seem to find the time to go and listen, would anyone who attended mind describing the similarities/differences between the two? That was the reason for calling this "showdown", right?

In a nutshell: the SN10 was "flatter" with a bigger bass and de-emphasized "high mids" and less harsh highs.

The NS10's had tighter bass, harsher (albeit more detailed highs).

The SN10 need not tout itself as an NS10 clone, because it is clearly not such. That being said however, it does does not need to tout itself as an NS10 clone because it is a good sounding piece of gear specially for the price.

However if you take an engineer who has spent lots of time on NS10's and put him in front of SN10's...he will not exactly be fish in water because there are some glaring differences. One will have to be acclimated once more to the SN10's.

The similarities end with the white paper cone that the two speakers share. It is not a clone, but a good speaker set.

NB The comparison could be premature IMHO as the SN10's were quite brand new and not yet broken in. Perhaps another A/B test would be appropriate after the SN10's have done some time.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
some photos at Tracks Studio

Control Room

Stilljey, Sir MikeP, Bamf, NS10 Reborn, Audio-e

Angee Rozul, sir MikeP

sir mikeP measured freq. response of both speakers

audio-e, Bamf, Stilljey, Angee Rozul

Mixing Room

Bamf, sir MikeP, Stilljey

thanks to sir mike sa accomodation, maganda rin naging sharing namin masyadong seryoso ang usapan especially sa music industry natin at mga recording studios. Yung actual detailed  A/B ng NS10 at SN10 ay nasa video, you can hear the difference, then pakinggan din natin ang comment ni sir mikeP......try ko iupload yung vid soon.  8-)