hulika

Author Topic: Praise and Worship Leaders  (Read 46766 times)

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Praise and Worship Leaders
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 04:24:37 PM »
Worship leader din ako sa Youth Group sa church namin, we play mostly Hillsong, Hillsong United, Chris Tomlin and worship songs from Third Day, oh and some oldies na nirerevive din namin. We had a blast last friday sa anniversary ng youth group namin, iba talaga pag worship songs ang tinutugtog and then you feel the presence of God coming down as if kasama namin Sya that night sa place. We didn't care if the musicians were really great or the gear we used were high-end, we just sang our hearts out to God and yun naman talaga ang purpose ng worship diba?

"...I'm coming back to the heart of of worship and it's all about You, it's all about You Jesus..."

Personal faves ko are Point of difference, At the cross, Savior King, For who You are... etc etc...

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 04:52:24 PM »
@kurtcobainer

welcome sa thread na to!!! ok to, grunge na worship leader..heheheh..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 05:16:47 PM by jefisipbata »

Offline georgieporgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 10:12:30 PM »
for me, true worship starts from the heart. it doesn't need killer riffs, beautiful voicings, world-class instruments, etc.. (although it helps :-) ). the heart of worship should be just between you and the Lord because it was what we were all made to do  :-D
Vice Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION

Offline beachhead

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
As gifted or "nagsusumikap" na musicians, we can do alot of glorifying when we offer our gifts on the court and off the court. We tend to forget sometimes that God has empowered us also to shine in other things. Our music can be a good vehicle to impact lives too.....................

Back to the topic...........

Song leaders need to be skilled in creating their lineup. Pansin ko lang that a well though line up makes a difference...........yun lang mga bro
Supreme Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION
Due to the new policy, no graphics allowed, we are changing the style of the SD-1 coalition signature.
 http://beachhead20.multiply.com/

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
Oo! late last year i accompanied my GF sa CCF st.francis c kulas worship lead..tapos nung hapon cya pla ininvite ni Poundcake na mag gitara sa building bridges!..sabi ko.."kaw ba kumanta knina?" ismall world.

hehe naka-ilang tugtog na ako nun no, hindi lang ikaw drummer kasi hindi ka sumisipot, hahaha!

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2007, 12:46:15 AM »
@kurtcobainer

welcome sa thread na to!!! ok to, grunge na worship leader..heheheh.. malaki utang na loob ko sa nirvana, natuto ko mag drums...hehehehe...

Thanks!

Di na kayo naka-habol sa concert last friday, sayang. Kamusta naman yung service ninyo last friday?

As gifted or "nagsusumikap" na musicians, we can do alot of glorifying when we offer our gifts on the court and off the court. We tend to forget sometimes that God has empowered us also to shine in other things. Our music can be a good vehicle to impact lives too.....................

Back to the topic...........

Song leaders need to be skilled in creating their lineup. Pansin ko lang that a well though line up makes a difference...........yun lang mga bro

Yes, I agree!

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 07:18:26 AM »
Thanks!

Di na kayo naka-habol sa concert last friday, sayang. Kamusta naman yung service ninyo last friday?

oo nga e, late na kase natapos nung friday... yaan mo one of these days, magkikita din tayo...

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 07:24:48 AM »
for me, true worship starts from the heart. it doesn't need killer riffs, beautiful voicings, world-class instruments, etc.. (although it helps :-) ). the heart of worship should be just between you and the Lord because it was what we were all made to do  :-D

well said bro... minsan kase we have this attitude na "if i just had that gear,this would have sounded much better" kaya ayun, nililimitahan natin agad sarili natin. or we tend to over-arrange a song na nakalimutan natin it's about God, not how complex our arrangements are...Yun ang masaya sa church music e, yung knowing that God is doing mighty things through ordinary people like us...

Offline tolits

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »
NICE THREAD, im glad there's a lot of young people dito na using their talents for God's glory, I myself handles the praise and worship team of our church, and like you we also play hillsongs, lakewood etc. Kaya lang my favorites ay yung oldies din kasi old na ako, hehehe, pero personally, I prefer PAPURI and MUSIKATHA songs, mas madaling irelate sa tao ang tagalog pag naglelead ako ng worship.

Kneel on brothers! God bless!

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 10:30:26 AM »
welcome sa thread bro...

papuri!!! wow, ok yan, fave ng ermats ko... i remember ruth rocabo (iba na ata surname nya ngaun, galing nun..)

Offline tolits

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 10:32:50 AM »
Nahalata lalo idai ko, kasabay ko nanay mo, hehehe, HI bro!

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 10:35:19 AM »
 :-D

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 12:54:06 PM »
I remember a song from Papuri but I forgot which volume it was, the song was "Tsuper ng Buhay" and one time during a gathering at our church a band there played a revival of that song and they added a little FUNK in it and the crowd really digged it, it was awesome! We sing tagalog songs in our a.m. sunday service!

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 01:00:11 PM »
tsuper ng buhay... classic un.heheheh..

now that you mentioned it, may maire-recommend ba kayo na mga bagong tagalog na albums (praise n worship) ngayon? para madagdag sa lineup, nakaka-miss na din kase mga tagalog songs... Meron bang bagong album yung The Lord's Hand na church..meron kase ko "Babad" na album, super tagal na nun....suggest naman kayo. tnx.

Offline tolits

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 06:18:09 AM »
"Siya ang tsuper ng buhay, dito ka sumakay, gasolina'y panghabang buhay, biyahe mo ay sulit....... :-D

Offline georgieporgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2007, 07:24:19 AM »
well said bro... minsan kase we have this attitude na "if i just had that gear,this would have sounded much better" kaya ayun, nililimitahan natin agad sarili natin. or we tend to over-arrange a song na nakalimutan natin it's about God, not how complex our arrangements are...Yun ang masaya sa church music e, yung knowing that God is doing mighty things through ordinary people like us...

i agree 101%  :-D
that's actually a constant struggle for me. as a musician i strive for perfection, sometimes i (secretly) blame the worship leader and think he/she isn't going all out, didn't practice, isn't up to par, etc... yes, i know its wrong but what can i do, i just want to give my best to the one who gave me my talents. pero when we start playing, i get the goose bumps... it doesn't matter if we can't sound like what we want to. when i see people really worshiping, it makes it all worth it  :-D
Vice Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION

Offline ajfvine

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 08:24:46 AM »
Hey Guys, Bago ako dito... For me, Fave ko Israel Houghton "Another Level" ngayon may "Deeper Level" na ang ganda ng mga songs... kasi medyo bored na ako sa iba parang yung tune similar. God Bless.

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 08:39:11 AM »
^^ welcome dito!!!

Offline ajfvine

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 09:18:58 AM »
Thanks po! what church po kayo?

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 10:00:39 AM »
University Baptist Church - Morayta...

Offline ajfvine

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2007, 10:30:33 AM »
Thanks po!.. I'm from Iloilo City Full Gospel. Presently I'm here working in Jakarta, Indonesia.

God Bless.

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »
uhhmmm, layo mo pala... God bless jan!!!

Offline ajfvine

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2007, 11:45:25 AM »
Yup, Nice mtg. u. If you are looking for any instruments like Roland RD-700SX/RD-170SX dito mura lang less than 20-40% from the price there sa Pinas Brand New!

Offline mayk_bam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2007, 11:55:17 AM »
wow, how much ang RD700 jan?
Ibanez RG530 DX, Korg X50

Offline ajfvine

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »
Ang RD 700SX (ksi phase out na yung RD-700) Pwede natin makuha dito around P95.000 more or less depending on dollar rate. Ang RD 300SX mga P 60,000.  Fender amp Mura rin dito.