hulika

Author Topic: bakit maraming galit sa genre na EMO? - LOCKED!!!  (Read 84294 times)

Offline suicidesforkim

• Netizen Level
bakit maraming galit sa genre na EMO?
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2006, 05:56:27 PM »
Quote from: bugoy
considered as EMO ba yung "Fallout Boy" na banda , young kumanta ng "Dance, Dance"? nakita ko kc sa channel V yung video nila mukhang masaya naman e then sinubukan ko download yung ibang kanta nila eh d nman malungkot at depressing hehehehe pero may nakita kc ako site na ni le label silang EMO

they are NOT emo...
Indian Summer IS emo...

listen to indian summer so you'll find out why...

Offline baby_poly

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2006, 12:13:01 AM »
I Looove the picture of cueshe's vocalist! parang juding sa prom na naghihintay isayaw ng crush nya. with matching twinkling eyes pa sya. KADIRI!

Back to the topic...I hate Emo bands...They feel like they're always being crashed down by the world around them...It's all drama...Haven't they realized that they are not the only ones who are suffering right now? Hello...It's too chicky!
I'm living on the edge of a broken dream.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2006, 09:55:38 AM »
Cueshe's not emo. They're fag rock.

Emo Rangers. LOL I remember watching that movie and laughing the whole time.

Okay, with regards to the post before this. Specifically this one:
They feel like they're always being crashed down by the world around them...It's all drama

I admit that many emo bands are like this, but there are some that aren't of the crybaby kind. i.e. Saosin(Anthony Green era). Yes, they can be considered by some as the poster boys of emo but if you examine the lyrics, there ain't [gooey brown stuff] about girls. Mostly, it's all about the ideologies of the person who wrote the song. Some are even about religion. Thursday's very much the same thing.

It's even wierd 'coz emo started as an "experimental-esque" version of hardcore.

I know some of you would point and say, "Haha, emo boy." I'm not. I don't cut myself and cry a lot. I don't pretend to be sad and helpless. I don't blame the world for anything that has happened to me. But I'd rather rock to emo than to pogi rock.

Pero kung ipagpipilit nyo talaga na emo ako, tawagin nyo nalang ako na Introspective Emo Ranger (Gets yan nung mga nakapanood :D )

*Braces self for the next series of posts*

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2006, 11:00:07 PM »
tdays emo kids are pussies compared to the 90's emo kids.

and in the 90s, those emo kids were called pussies by hardcore kids.

which means todays emo kids are super pussified already...

whats worse is that they mislabel bands... no offense but i  get really ticked off when someone says my chemical romance is emo.

many people say they listen to emo when theyre either listening to some horrible post hc or poop punk.

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2006, 11:02:53 PM »
Quote from: riffscreamer

quoted for honesty +1

well they have a good lead guitarist tho. (stone me)

Offline suicidesforkim

• Netizen Level
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2006, 01:48:17 AM »
one thing that pisses me off about the kids today is the fact that they say halfassed things like "minsan emo ako" or "di ko pa alam noon, pero emo pala ako"...

i mean, emo isn't something to claim...

whining and crying all the time while listening to a pop-punk or post hardcore band that whines and cries all the time won't make you emo in my eyes because the real emo kids are the ones you would never think are emo in the first place unless you know them personally and talk to them...

rule number one, don't claim emo...
f***, emo shouldn't even exist...

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2006, 10:10:06 AM »
Quote from: paengkee
whats worse is that they mislabel bands... no offense but i  get really ticked off when someone says my chemical romance is emo.

many people say they listen to emo when theyre either listening to some horrible post hc or poop punk.

Quote from: suicidesforkim
one thing that pisses me off about the kids today is the fact that they say halfassed things like "minsan emo ako" or "di ko pa alam noon, pero emo pala ako"...

whining and crying all the time while listening to a pop-punk or post hardcore band that whines and cries all the time won't make you emo in my eyes because the real emo kids are the ones you would never think are emo in the first place unless you know them personally and talk to them...

+1 to you guys.  :D

Offline suicidesforkim

• Netizen Level
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2006, 12:43:33 AM »

Quote from: suicidesforkim

+1 to you guys.  :D

we know each other, go figure, haha...
you should see rakista.com...

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2006, 09:22:16 AM »
Oooohhh.... Sou desu...

Offline Igor

• Philmusicus Addictus
sir
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2006, 12:57:43 AM »
emo? :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Shot na!!!

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2006, 12:07:49 AM »
google "emo farm"

watch the [strawberry] vid. hahaha!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Offline GENITAL_GRINDER

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2006, 04:14:22 AM »
TOITS LANG YUN EH! WHO GIVES A [gooey brown stuff]!

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2006, 02:22:58 AM »
oh god, i feel pity for this kids.. :cry:

if i wer you kids, magaral na lang kayong mabute.. make your mama proud! 8)

ps. dnt 4gt to drink your milk! :lol:
ahhh.. cege pa koya! agoy!

Offline Tedmod

• Netizen Level
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2006, 09:37:15 PM »
it has become a generic - formula thing here in the states.
It's actually Pop here.
even the chicks like Kelly Clarkson and Ashlee Simpson blend Emo stuff in their records and fashion.

The worst thing is the recording.
You can't tell anymore what band is playing - they all sound the same - oversquashed/overcompressed music

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2006, 10:10:11 PM »

quoted for honesty +1

well they have a good lead guitarist tho. (stone me)

I think a lot of good musicians are playing the wrong kinds of music, IMO.  :?

Tedmod, don't forget the whiny-ass vocals.  :lol:

Offline nevermindemily

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »

Emo Rangers. LOL I remember watching that movie and laughing the whole time.

Okay, with regards to the post before this. Specifically this one:
They feel like they're always being crashed down by the world around them...It's all drama

I admit that many emo bands are like this, but there are some that aren't of the crybaby kind. i.e. Saosin(Anthony Green era). Yes, they can be considered by some as the poster boys of emo but if you examine the lyrics, there ain't [gooey brown stuff] about girls. Mostly, it's all about the ideologies of the person who wrote the song. Some are even about religion. Thursday's very much the same thing.

It's even wierd 'coz emo started as an "experimental-esque" version of hardcore.

I know some of you would point and say, "Haha, emo boy." I'm not. I don't cut myself and cry a lot. I don't pretend to be sad and helpless. I don't blame the world for anything that has happened to me. But I'd rather rock to emo than to pogi rock.

Pero kung ipagpipilit nyo talaga na emo ako, tawagin nyo nalang ako na Introspective Emo Ranger (Gets yan nung mga nakapanood :D )

*Braces self for the next series of posts*

pare...umamin ka na...alam ko matagal mo na gusto lumantad.... :lol:

pero seryoso, mahirap kasi sa pinanggalingan ko, mga tungaw ang nakapaligid madalas. Aminin ko before I thought My Chem was emo. Wala pa kasi akong alam sa genre na yun eh. Eh dun pa naman ako na introduce. Ngayon, natatawa na lang ako sa sarili ko pag naaalala ko sarili ko dati. Ngayon, ang gumagamit ng mga cd's ko is kikay kong kapatid. Nakakahiya. Yung "rock" ko dati, kasama na ni Avril at ng Simple Plan sa iPpd ng kapatid ko.  :lol:
still insane...

Offline lucy_monostone

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2006, 01:20:15 AM »
ang daming galit sa emo but i never heard anyone here talk [gooey brown stuff] about TYPECAST. they trully admit that they are emo.

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2006, 06:20:30 AM »
I'd say the craftsmanship comes before the genre, so regardless of what you play, if you suck, you suck, period. Besides, you can't please everyone, so someone out there is bound to hate your guts whether you're playing emo, pogi rock or what-have-you.

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2006, 10:38:34 AM »
Huwag kayo magalit sa music, magalit kayo sa culture at labels na ipinagtutulakan ng media. Kaya nagkaroon na kayo ng stereotypes ay dahil sa media.

Ngayon nga, ang binebenta ng media ay yung culture ng dance punk at britpop, at siguro may ilan sa inyo na gustong-gusto ito NGAYON, diba?

At bakit kayo nagmamataas sa mga genre na hindi niyo gusto? Kung ayaw niyo, hayaan niyo na lang. Mas pangit kasi ang dating (lalo na para sa mga nang-aasar) kapag pinapatulan pa lalo e. Hindi kasi matino ang attitude na ganyan e, nagsisiraan sa halip na nagtutulungan. Para kayo tuloy yung nasa http://talk.philmusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=13248

Maging open-minded kayo. Yun lang pakiusap ko.

Kung gusto niyo na suportahan ang pinili niyong genre (in case NAKULONG na kayo sa gusto niyong genre at ayaw niyo nang makinig ng iba pa), patunayan niyo na lang sa tugtugan niyo, at huwag kayong manira ng iba.

Offline infernal_dante666

• Netizen Level
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2006, 03:21:33 PM »
just respect as we know it! if you dont listen just dont listen if you do its up to you, bahala na kayo kung ano ang genre ang gusto pagpilian nyo kaya ako basta naka kulong lang ako muna na parang ibon ng metal hindi ko lang to pakawalan at gusto ko lang pag sawaan kaya wag naman masyado mapikon kaya kung ako sa kanila pabayaan na lang natin sila just wait it baka pagdating ng araw meron din silang maling kalkulation na hindi ginagawang tama at ano ang gagawin ng mali nila. :idea:

"As long as it says Metallica on the record it's Metallica."

Offline xandrix120780

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2006, 10:51:02 AM »
Quote from: cumbersome
I'd say the craftsmanship comes before the genre, so regardless of what you play, if you suck, you suck, period. Besides, you can't please everyone, so someone out there is bound to hate your guts whether you're playing emo, pogi rock or what-have-you.

nicely put !! as to all human endeavor you put yourself into or in anything  you do or don't do for that matter , you JUST can't  please anyone, it's a fact of life ( ask JESUS). Unfortunately for this EMO-FAGS, I JUST HATE THEM WITH UTMOST PASSION !! [gooey brown stuff]! I JUST FEEL GOOD HATING THEM. And for you my peers with that righteous-older-brother attitude, you are most welcome to hate me, just let me hate these scams of the music industry. HOPE YOU RESPECT MY HATRED. Lucky for them--- words can't kill. SAME IS TRUE FOR CUESHET – forerunners of the much hated rock mutation called FAG-ROCK.  DEATH TO THE EMO-FAG-ROCK GENRE !!!
napununampop

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2006, 11:01:49 AM »
bakit pag emo kailangan naka naka make up pa ? lalo yung parang kinukulay nila na itim sa paligid ng mata nila na itim ? ano ba ibig sabihin nun ?

Offline xandrix120780

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2006, 12:06:32 PM »
Quote from: bugoy
bakit pag emo kailangan naka naka make up pa ? lalo yung parang kinukulay nila na itim sa paligid ng mata nila na itim ? ano ba ibig sabihin nun ?

I don't know much about fashion but I think this faggots bastardized most of rocker fashion, adopting the eyeline make-up  trademark of the CURE's Robert Smith, the tight jeans and hanging shirts of the glam rock era,  60's and 80's inspired hair, plus the black shirt and metal chains of  rap-metal/nu-rock. To add to the  insult and rock-blasphemy, they match this fashion crap with the suicidal-grunge meets slutty-madonna attitude, whining about life while sipping lemonades and contemplating for the perfect emo-gimmick for  the next party.
napununampop

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2006, 12:45:20 PM »
:lol:  ayos... ganun pala yun eheheh

Offline vinz

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2006, 09:26:16 PM »
tanong lang po mejo nalilito lang ako...

ang MARS VOLTA ba e EMO??? categorized kasi daw sila sa EMO eh...eh kung EMO nga sila eh di mga [chewbacca]'t inutil din sila???btw di FLEA nag bass sa RECORDING SESSIONS sa kanila at sa mga songs din may part si JOHN FRUCIANTE...ibig sabihin eh [grape] narin tong dalawang ito???  :D  8)