hulika

Author Topic: Pinoy Guitarist EB sa CA USA  (Read 45021 times)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pinoy Guitarist EB sa CA USA
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2006, 02:59:58 AM »
dude we can try out each others amps,effects, guitars....walang problema......G3 tayo eh.....LOL

BTW...how are we gonna play the BTs? :shock:  I have a couple of MP3s stored in my CPU...I can burn it..

are we going to connect it to their PA system ?

Stratman...suggestions.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2006, 03:01:40 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
You might want to watch out for that hotplate. They didn't call it HOTPLATE for nothing. I hear it can shorten the lifespan of your tubes. But hey, that's a small sacrifice for a great tone. Plus, It's not that hard to grab them JJ's here anyway.

Yeah, let me know what time you guys want to set it up. Later!

THD says NO about the tube lifespan.

...who cares...as long I can get the tone I want. :lol:

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2006, 03:35:06 AM »
Quote from: Phil
dude we can try out each others amps,effects, guitars....walang problema......G3 tayo eh.....LOL

BTW...how are we gonna play the BTs? :shock:  I have a couple of MP3s stored in my CPU...I can burn it..

are we going to connect it to their PA system ?

Stratman...suggestions.

G3... dalhin tayo ay mga pinoy ang G3 means "TATLONG GWAPO", hahaha!!!

Yes, Phil. BT can be hooked up through their P.A.

That's a good idea. I need to try out both your equipments. The only time I can get my hands on some good quality gear is when I when I'm at Guitar Center doing my window shopping, hehe. Even then, I get shy in picking up the expensive stuffs because I can't play as good as the 12 y/o guitar phenom that's always hanging around the store,  :cry:

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006, 03:39:46 AM »
Like what I mentioned to Phil before, if you guys want to, I think I can get us a place to jam for free. I might even be able to throw in a drummer, bass, and keyboard players along the deal. The only thing is that the place is in Long Beach. If you guys are up for the drive than that can be arranged. If you guys don't want to Sound Arena is fine with me too. Just thought I'd give you guys the options. Let me know what ya'll thunk, hehe.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2006, 03:54:44 AM »
Like what I mentioned to Phil before, if you guys want to, I think I can get us a place to jam for free. I might even be able to throw in a drummer, bass, and keyboard players along the deal. The only thing is that the place is in Long Beach. If you guys are up for the drive than that can be arranged. If you guys don't want to Sound Arena is fine with me too. Just thought I'd give you guys the options. Let me know what ya'll thunk, hehe.

next time na lang ang Long Beach...I just recently went there...sa Aquarium of the Pacific...ganda ng area dun. You've been there Bart?
Sarap ng mga isda na nasa aquarium....yellow tail tuna ...mga 5 ft ang haba...sushi galore....tapos squid and octopuss....sarap.

don lang muna tayo sa SoundArena baka gusto ni Bart maglunch sa DJ Bibingkahan o Chowking sa Van Nuys eh....sarap ng mami sa chowking especially ngayon.

so paano ba ang BT?.....should I burn my BT MP3s and bring it? who has a MP3 player para maconnect sa PA? I don't have a MP3 player kasi ...Strat?

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2006, 04:13:27 AM »
Ok. Just let me know when you guys want to do the Long Beach and I'll set that up.

Burn them MP3 files in a cd and I'll bring the player.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2006, 06:24:08 AM »
...cool.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2006, 09:20:29 AM »
email nyo naman sa akin ang BT so that I can practice beforehand. Para naman may idea na ako WTF I'll be doing when the day comes. :mrgreen:

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2006, 10:32:58 AM »
By the way. Phil, you think you can burn some BT's without the bass track? Since were all playing guitar I thought might as well bring my bass and smack it a coulple of times along with your BTs. Just to add flavor to our jam.

Also, I was just at the Carvin Holly store this afternoon. Tried out their new V3 amp with their CT model guitar. Man, that amp smokes! 3 channel alll tube amp with enough gain to blow your mind away. Midi capable switching too. Very flexible. I believe this is their take to MESA's RECTI-FRYER. Very good amp. Unfortunatelly, still doesn't sound like a rectifier. But then again, that's why they call it Carvin V3 and Mesa Rectifier copy. Becasue it's a different amp. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Another thing that attracted me to this amp is the price. $899 for the head. Damn! Almost 1/2 the price of a Rectifier. I would've gone home with this amp today. Then as I opened my walet to get my card I saw my wife's picture and FEAR stucked me like thunderbolt right down my spine. Ran out of that store as fast as I could and never looked back since, HAHAHA!!!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2006, 10:53:27 AM »
By the way. Phil, you think you can burn some BT's without the bass track? Since were all playing guitar I thought might as well bring my bass and smack it a coulple of times along with your BTs. Just to add flavor to our jam.

Also, I was just at the Carvin Holly store this afternoon. Tried out their new V3 amp with their CT model guitar. Man, that amp smokes! 3 channel alll tube amp with enough gain to blow your mind away. Midi capable switching too. Very flexible. I believe this is their take to MESA's RECTI-FRYER. Very good amp. Unfortunatelly, still doesn't sound like a rectifier. But then again, that's why they call it Carvin V3 and Mesa Rectifier copy. Becasue it's a different amp. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Another thing that attracted me to this amp is the price. $899 for the head. Damn! Almost 1/2 the price of a Rectifier. I would've gone home with this amp today. Then as I opened my walet to get my card I saw my wife's picture and FEAR stucked me like thunderbolt right down my spine. Ran out of that store as fast as I could and never looked back since, HAHAHA!!!
Stratman....I am trying to sell my other amp to get that head.....you know I am a Carvin addict.....in the future I will get my own custom CT6M or a DC400 made according to my specs.....haaaay.

BTW...BP wants 12 noon ang pareserve natin sa SoundArena North Hollywood.  Reserve the smallest one....G3 lang tayo eh.

kita kita tayo sa DJ Bibingkahan sa Panorama City near Van Nuys Bldvd and Roscoe.....mga 9:30 to 10 AM.

We'll meet there so we can eat almusal a talk...then around 11:30 we can drive towards Sound Arena.

okay guys? I'll PM you my cell phone...

Stratman...whats your real  name? :D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2006, 12:02:46 PM »
guys....problema.....check your PM

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2006, 12:03:10 PM »
Man, I was drooling to get one of those V3/CT combo I was thinking of giving up my left leg and my right kahones, hahaha!!!

Sorry, man. How rude of me. My real name is DAN RAPISORA. I'll PM you guys my cell later. You may have to give me the exact address of DJ's. Haven't been there before.

I'll reserve 12noon 1-14-06. I'll give you guys the update.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2006, 01:20:37 PM »
Man, I was drooling to get one of those V3/CT combo I was thinking of giving up my left leg and my right kahones, hahaha!!!

Sorry, man. How rude of me. My real name is DAN RAPISORA. I'll PM you guys my cell later. You may have to give me the exact address of DJ's. Haven't been there before.

Dan check your PM...may problema about next Saturday January 14....explaination is in the Private Message.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2006, 01:45:47 PM »

Dan check your PM...may problema about next Saturday January 14....explaination is in the Private Message.

Got your PM. I got the same thing myself. 21st is fine with me. I'll set that up closer to the date. Remind me. Gives me time to actually de-rust my guitar strings and blow away the 2" thick dust that had accumulated on my guitar, hehe.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2006, 02:04:04 PM »

Got your PM. I got the same thing myself. 21st is fine with me. I'll set that up closer to the date. Remind me. Gives me time to actually de-rust my guitar strings and blow away the 2" thick dust that had accumulated on my guitar, hehe.
BTW Dan...yahoo messenger ko "Carvinaddict"...I'm on line right now.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2006, 04:39:08 PM »
sarap niyo naman... may kapwa pinoy na ka-jamming... puwede pang magbibingka!  eh yun yung pinakamasarap na part ng jamming... yung kain tsaka inom pagkatapos.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2006, 07:42:33 PM »
What PM? Di puede sa 14? OK lang kung i-reset the next week. Kailangan ko ring magpractice para di naman jahe kay Joe and Steve. Paki email ang BT, OK?
Kung gusto nyo ng mas maaga OK din sa akin. Wala naman akong pasok til 1st week of February.
Ano ba nangyari? Paki PM naman sa akin.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2006, 08:32:39 PM »
nt

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2006, 11:04:28 PM »

BTW Dan...yahoo messenger ko "Carvinaddict"...I'm on line right now.

Sorry, man. No IM here at work. My boss will kill me.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2006, 11:18:05 PM »
aba buti pa tong tatlong mokong at mag EB jam :) kainggit!

G3 ba dating? ... enjoy mga pare! dont forget to go to the red light district tapos nyo mag jam para suave!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2006, 12:10:21 AM »
Quote from: BP_Lizard
What PM? Di puede sa 14? OK lang kung i-reset the next week. Kailangan ko ring magpractice para di naman jahe kay Joe and Steve. Paki email ang BT, OK?
Kung gusto nyo ng mas maaga OK din sa akin. Wala naman akong pasok til 1st week of February.
Ano ba nangyari? Paki PM naman sa akin.
Bart check you Gmail account.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2006, 12:11:26 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
aba buti pa tong tatlong mokong at mag EB jam :) kainggit!

G3 ba dating? ... enjoy mga pare! dont forget to go to the red light district tapos nyo mag jam para suave!
lipat ka dito para G4 tayo!!!!hehehehe

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2006, 12:21:48 AM »
Walang problema, Phil. Pamilya muna bago lahat.
sonnyboy! Lipat ka na dito sa SoCal para mas masaya. Roadie nyo ako.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2006, 01:12:34 AM »
Quote from: PRSMan
sarap niyo naman... may kapwa pinoy na ka-jamming... puwede pang magbibingka!  eh yun yung pinakamasarap na part ng jamming... yung kain tsaka inom pagkatapos.

Lipat ka na rin dito, Bro.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2006, 02:42:32 AM »
Quote from: PRSMan

Pagkatapos ng jamming doon sa kanto kala Aling Minda's karinderya para toma ng San Miguel pulutan chicharong bulaklak, hehe.