hulika

Author Topic: is it all worth it..  (Read 7674 times)

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« on: March 14, 2006, 06:13:52 PM »
errr.. so this is what its like when you're married..

and with a baby on the way..

goodbye sports car..

hello "daddy" car..

goodbye Fender 62 RI, Peavey Classic 30, Marshall JMP and 4x12, PRS Custom 22, Musicmaster Bass

hello Acoustic :(

the thing is, im not sad to let all those gear go.. but am actually looking forward to whats ahead *shrug*

point is.. i'm saying goodbye to the gear now.. good thing none of them are rare or collectable.. but i can always find them later on in life..

how's that for self-realisation? :D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
is it all worth it..
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 06:21:24 PM »
Hehehe. Is it really necessary ? I mean, being a daddy doesnt mean you have to turn in all your passions. Maybe a trim here and there.

Saka yang baby, sandali lang mahirap yan. When you get used to it and get good help, you'll cope :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 06:24:30 PM »
ok lang yan pre! i'm sure you'll find a good strat and another classic 30.
 at least you'll be able to focus on your baby a bit more without the guitar.

i don't feel sorry for  you're car though......you should see mine. :D

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 06:30:36 PM »
tol its ok... i also just recently got a baby... although di na nga gano nakakagastos on gears nowadays... I made sure na i bought plenty nung di pa sya lumalabas hehe...

besides, an Audi A4 is not actually a bad car.

good luck sa esmi at baby mo..kasama ka ba sa delivery room?

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 06:35:36 PM »
thanks guys..

im not really complaining.. im actually suprised that selling the excess gear wasnt too hard for me (no crying, no second-thoughts!)

i did keep the important bits though.. the ac30, the PRS Classic, all the good pedals.. so im sorted.. 1 guitar, 1 amp, 1 acoustic. simple!

a few months away pa naman yung due date, pero mas mabuti pa na prepared.. si missis has already started decorating the bedroom  :lol:

Offline agentx44

• Veteran Member
is it all worth it..
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 06:42:42 PM »
there's a dad in all of us i guess. if it were me, i wouldn't have second thoughts....well maybe the occasional 100-yard stare into the Ishibashi website, but still there's no greater joy than the thought of being there with your son/daughter while he/she is plucking away on your beat-up acoustic 10-15 years on.  8)
soylent green is people.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 06:45:24 PM »
yup that's why my dream is to have a studio set up..

i wonder how much a pre-fac PRS would be worth in 20 years :D

Offline agentx44

• Veteran Member
is it all worth it..
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 06:48:04 PM »
Quote from: jack in a vox
yup that's why my dream is to have a studio set up..

i wonder how much a pre-fac PRS would be worth in 20 years :D

quite a lot of cash I hope, assuming Ed Roman realizes that PRS-bashing will get him nowhere  :lol:
soylent green is people.

Offline meashuggahr

• Veteran Member
is it all worth it..
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 06:57:36 PM »
nothing compares to the real one....a baby! :D
wala panama strat, dunlop o kahit na ano pang bagay dyan! hehe

:arrow:

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 07:25:39 PM »
most of us here can only dream about owning an Audi...
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 08:56:10 PM »
jack in a vox -- welcome to the wonderful world of daddy-hood!  once you've got your baby in your arms, the rest of what you have in this world won't matter anymore... life will be all about your kid.  it is really a life changing event.  mababawasan talaga ang personal luho.  ako nga i've got two kids and another one due this week!  with three kids, man, super cut down na ang gear.  on the other hand, you can always justify to the wifey that you're buying gear in case your son/daughter would like to play guitar later on...  :lol:

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 11:09:26 PM »
most couples cant afford or dont have the time for something that you and your wife are going to have...WAY TO GO JACK :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 11:58:13 PM »
dang...i told my girlfriend if we ever got married that,"Woman, you had better make space for my studio - we can out your piano in a music room and have all of our vinyl and music stuff in it." She was ok with it with the condition that I do not accumulate more stuff like guitars and amps.

We agreed on the possibility of one maybe 2 kids but she was quick to suggest that she would much rather have twins or triplets. Good Lord!
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 01:19:16 AM »
OK lang yan, tol. Ganyan din ang future ko as a father to be. Buti na lang at hindi ako nahilig sa sport's car. I'm more of an SUV kind of guy kaya wala nang transition from a hot tamale chopper to a soccer mom barge. I feel your pain, man.
But I'm more excited to see my daughter than anything else. I'm prepared to sacrifice anything and everything for her as I am for my wife.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 01:46:44 AM »
my sons turning 10 this year.....he listens to Vai, Satch, Vinnie Moore, Paul Gilbert. He jams with me...and I teach him too. He is one of my inspirations when I compose songs....so yeah it's all worth...I would rather DIE if I lose him.

you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline dssgtr

is it all worth it..
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 03:31:05 AM »
My son's all grown up and it's so cool. He plays bass with this band http://www.myspace.com/beneaththeruins

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 03:33:33 AM »
Ayos lang yan. Basta nasa dugo mo ang music. No problem. Bili ka na ngayon habang ala bang bebi tapos cool off muna pag labas ng bebi. Tapos pag nakaahon ka na sa sleep deprivation mo, hehe, unti unti ulit ang bili. Basta wag lang malakihan para hindi maiinis si misis.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 04:02:42 AM »
hahahahaha  :lol:

thanks for the words of encouragement guys!

yeah it is a life changing event.. and the gear has lost its value in my eyes talaga.. i actually enjoy shopping for a car seat, a stroller, a bassinet, bottles, clothes, little shoes.. crap.. i'm growing up.. :shock: yey?

i wish i could keep all the gear, even tho wala pa yung baby, but with the mortgage, car, bills.. mas mabuti pa na nabento ko lahat at a very good price than rush sale na lugi later on..

and it will be fun trying to sneak in new gear in the next few months.. hehehe :D

thanks again guys!

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 05:07:42 AM »
Uy! Daddy na sya. Ganyan talaga yan. Ako nga, e, dalawa na. Pero tugtog parin. Basta hindi lang nakakasagabal ang tugtog sa pamilya. Remember, madaling palitan ang banda, mahirap palitan ang pamilya :lol:

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 05:39:24 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
Uy! Daddy na sya. Ganyan talaga yan. Ako nga, e, dalawa na. Pero tugtog parin. Basta hindi lang nakakasagabal ang tugtog sa pamilya. Remember, madaling palitan ang banda, mahirap palitan ang pamilya :lol:

nakupo Dan, nagpaka Beatles ka na naman ha! Speaking words of wisdom, let it be, let it be!

teka, dalawa kanino? ke aida o ke lorna o ke fe? nyahahaha

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 05:57:04 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn

nakupo Dan, nagpaka Beatles ka na naman ha! Speaking words of wisdom, let it be, let it be!

Hinihintay ko pa yong DNA test results, hehe :twisted:

Offline superoxy

• Forum Fanatic
is it all worth it..
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 08:13:24 AM »
congrats on your journey to fatherhood jack in a vox.

don't worry...IT'S ALL WORTH IT  8)

gears only last until the nex GAS attack, your child is there forever
\\\\\\\"I am afraid of people who are boring, but require too much attention to ignore. \\\\\\\" - Jamie Hyneman

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 08:21:11 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn

Hinihintay ko pa yong DNA test results, hehe :twisted:

Si Dan always present  sa programa "Maury" and "Jerry Springer"......when it comes to DNA test results.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 09:01:52 AM »
wehe.. so youd be spending more money to buy milk than gadgets?.. hmm... great dad... =D>
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
is it all worth it..
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 09:22:49 AM »
bro...its all worth it!! lalo na pag nkita mo yung baby mo na nakaganto!!! my son is turning 2yrs palang this june...i know its not a PRS, Fender, GIBSON....pero at least may porma na!!!! :D  welcome to fatherhood!!
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...