hulika

Author Topic: the DIGITECH pedal user's thread!!  (Read 144617 times)

Offline ninevoltrhythm

Re: the DIGITECH pedal user's thread!!
« Reply #625 on: June 06, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »
marked..

i owned a bad monkey...
successful transactions with:
wannabeguitarist|yjuangab|avatar|BossingBoss|Mondemonle|PLeSIM|spankyrigor|pao2pao16|PedalMax's Emil Murillo|G3MANIAC|drahcirnna24|andressito|Wheel|rockhouse|hahaha!

Offline markcasq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #626 on: June 06, 2012, 10:59:29 PM »
RP355 user.  I've just been converted to Digitech coming from Zoom and Boss multi.  The patches are great out of the box, the sounds are lively.  And easy to use.

Offline tfpoec2

« Reply #627 on: June 10, 2012, 02:28:05 AM »
hello sirs.

I hope to get your opinion on what pedals to buy.  I have owned a hardwire metal distortion for a few years until it was "flooded" during the ondoy typhoon...  I had it opened and cleaned and it is functioning again (though I'm not sure if it performs the same)....  being the OC that I am, I thought about replacing it with the same unit but while I was looking around shops I happened to see the digitech RP-500 which caught my interest. 

Now, I have 2 options: 

-retain or buy a new hardwire tl-2 metal distortion and perhaps maybe buy a chorus or reverb
-buy the rp-500 and consider it a one-stop solution.  I may retain the tl-2 for some high gain stuff though....   

Btw, if it might help in your suggestions, I use an ibanez MIJ RG series with a vox valvetronix amp and plan to do some Dream theater or Metallica stuff  (not saying I can though, just plan to  :-D )

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)   

I don't think you need the rp-500 for that kind of music bro. I'd probably just bring that unit you have now to any audiophile branch that has the tl-2 in stock, and compare it with another one. If it isn't the same anymore, just go buy a new one.:D IMO, the tl-2 would blow any dirt the rp's got out of the water because its a dedicated pedal. hardwired to boot.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline o2gulo

« Reply #628 on: June 10, 2012, 10:21:52 AM »
mga bro, any reviews for RP90? About to buy one. First multi-fx ko po. Yun lang po ang effects kong gagamitin wala nang ibang pedal.  :wave: :wave:
H

Offline markcasq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #629 on: June 10, 2012, 10:24:15 AM »
If it's from digitech it's good :-)   check mo reviews sa musiciansfriend, 4-rating sya:  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/digitech-rp90-guitar-multi-effects-pedal

Offline Muzickero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #630 on: June 10, 2012, 10:45:59 AM »
I've owned a bad monkey, digidelay and a screamin blues before, and I'm pretty satisfied with these pedals soundwise except the SB. I wasnt able to get any good overdrive or distortion sound out of it, considering it's a two in one pedal. parang bitin sya both ends (disto/od). But I loved the bad monkey, warm and smooth lalo na sa humbuckers matched with the digidelay for solos. I had to choose between a digidelay and a dd3 before and i opted for the digidelay kasi mas madami functions and up to 4 secs yung delay, ansarap paglaruan,may reverse function pa.
Given a chance to have any of these pedals again I probably would only choose the bad monkey because I have my m9 for mods&delays already.

Offline riven

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #631 on: June 12, 2012, 12:01:42 AM »
I don't think you need the rp-500 for that kind of music bro. I'd probably just bring that unit you have now to any audiophile branch that has the tl-2 in stock, and compare it with another one. If it isn't the same anymore, just go buy a new one.:D IMO, the tl-2 would blow any dirt the rp's got out of the water because its a dedicated pedal. hardwired to boot.

Thanks for the advice sir!  Actually I went ahead and got the RP-500 (I may need the flexibility in home practice... plus I'm a gadget freak  :-D ).  Anyway, as per your suggestion I decided to keep the TL-2 (I may need the extra gain again).  Thank you very much.

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #632 on: June 12, 2012, 06:20:04 AM »
hello sirs.

I hope to get your opinion on what pedals to buy.  I have owned a hardwire metal distortion for a few years until it was "flooded" during the ondoy typhoon...  I had it opened and cleaned and it is functioning again (though I'm not sure if it performs the same)....  being the OC that I am, I thought about replacing it with the same unit but while I was looking around shops I happened to see the digitech RP-500 which caught my interest. 

Now, I have 2 options: 

-retain or buy a new hardwire tl-2 metal distortion and perhaps maybe buy a chorus or reverb
-buy the rp-500 and consider it a one-stop solution.  I may retain the tl-2 for some high gain stuff though....   

Btw, if it might help in your suggestions, I use an ibanez MIJ RG series with a vox valvetronix amp and plan to do some Dream theater or Metallica stuff  (not saying I can though, just plan to  :-D )

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)   

keep the TL-2, having a graphic eq pedal is also recommend. :)

Offline riven

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #633 on: June 12, 2012, 11:10:19 AM »
keep the TL-2, having a graphic eq pedal is also recommend. :)

Thanks sir!   Still thinking if I should sell the TL-2 and get another model (I tend to be OC with stuff  :-D )... or just have it repaired at the audiophile service center....

Btw, does anyone know where I could get good patches for the RP500 aside from the digitech community forum?  Thanks in advance. 

Offline qwi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #634 on: June 12, 2012, 12:44:25 PM »
Jamman stereo user here
for sale jim dunlop univibe & Epi chet atkins
also available PIO caps 22nf & 47nf @150pesos

Offline SeafoodPancake

• Veteran Member
« Reply #635 on: June 13, 2012, 03:26:01 AM »
mga bro, any reviews for RP90? About to buy one. First multi-fx ko po. Yun lang po ang effects kong gagamitin wala nang ibang pedal.  :wave: :wave:

I once had a Digitech RP90 which is sold na sa fair price, IMO super sulit ng multi na yun.
Tiyaga lang sa pag dial ng tone, okay din yung whammy niya kumpara mo sa mga Zoom na multi.
Magugustuhan mo yun bro.
"got milk?" ,"got GAS?"

Offline jiverollmusic

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #636 on: June 16, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »
sir, magkano po ang digitech whammy?

sir, magkano po please, someone answer me.  :-(

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #637 on: June 17, 2012, 11:19:15 AM »
sir, magkano po please, someone answer me.  :-(
Call Audiophile.
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #638 on: June 19, 2012, 01:28:42 AM »
Jamman stereo user here

Planning to buy a JamMan Delay. Is the Stereo good enough?

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #639 on: July 08, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
This might just make me buy a dedicated reverb pedal... Haaayzzz! GAS nanaman!

feature=plcp
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline xaero

« Reply #640 on: July 08, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »
Main Squeeze compressor/sustainer - haven't seen much of this around. Got one from a trade and it kicked out two pedals from my board, a boss cs-3 and mxr wylde OD.

Offline Tieria

« Reply #641 on: July 08, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »
I owned the original Whammy ages ago before I sold it to a friend and purchased a Whammy DT early this year.

I really liked the Drop-Tune function and I'm wondering why Digitech released another 5th gen Whammy with a slightly smaller chassis and without the good stuff from the WDT.

I also still have my Metal Master, Digidelay, Main Squeeze but I'm not using it anymore lol

Offline prinsipe_ng_sablay

« Reply #642 on: July 08, 2012, 07:14:23 PM »
Proud Grunge owner  :-D

Offline bobonicshaider

• Netizen Level
« Reply #643 on: August 06, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »
question po sa RP500,

pag naka USB-in po ba sa computer dapat may maririnig na akong tunog kahit walang amp? Yung dun lang lalabas sa speaker ng computer?

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #644 on: August 06, 2012, 03:11:43 PM »
This thread is still going strong.

Never posted a picture of what I bought in 2000. Still have it. Using a custom PSU from pedalmax.

Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline ejecruz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #645 on: August 06, 2012, 06:48:07 PM »
My ever faithful GNX3000:

Joshua 1:8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #646 on: August 06, 2012, 08:42:23 PM »
charantia! :)

Offline bobonicshaider

• Netizen Level
« Reply #647 on: August 07, 2012, 07:50:32 AM »
question po sa RP500,

pag naka USB-in po ba sa computer dapat may maririnig na akong tunog kahit walang amp? Yung dun lang lalabas sa speaker ng computer?

up ko lang po...need help..

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #648 on: August 07, 2012, 08:04:33 AM »
^ Meron dapat kung wala kang naririnig kabit mo yung speaker mo sa headphone out ng RP500 mo.

Offline bobonicshaider

• Netizen Level
« Reply #649 on: August 07, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
kapag ala pong nakakabit sa headphone out ala tlaga ako maririnig? hindi po ba pedeng speaker lng na naka kabit sa computer?