hulika

Author Topic: Joyo Pedals  (Read 299494 times)

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Joyo Pedals
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
haha it's funny how yung guy sa Freekish Blues claims na sila pa yung ninakawan ng design (which happens to be an ocd derivative ata to start with). Even if he's telling the truth, it's hard to ignore the fact na yung parts ng Joyo pa rin ginagamit niya.

Pansin ko, andami bigla nagbenta nung Alpha Drive nung kumalat yung balita.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 09:51:01 PM »
JOYO FTW!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline arpeggiosfromheaven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2011, 10:19:56 PM »

Classic Chorus

I like the looks of this one. :D

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011, 12:26:57 AM »
^hehehe, napa-OMG ako nung nabasa ko yan. i read the whole thread, and now i actually have forgotten much of the things that have been said. it's just...sad, really. i wonder what Thad would say now that the Alpha Drive got exposed.

may ultimate drive sa lazer dasma. for P1.8K, not bad. madali na lang yung mods to make it an alpha drive if anybody is interested. i wont do it though :-P

another all-time low for bowteek pedlols :-\

I've read through the epic thread and came to one conclusion: GAS for Ultimate Drive! LOL! :lol:
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2011, 06:13:34 AM »
I've read through the epic thread and came to one conclusion: GAS for Ultimate Drive! LOL! :lol:

Para masubukan din :lol:

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2011, 10:08:15 AM »
hehehe, it caused such ruckus over at HC that it's become entertainment na. wala pang word from the Freekish dude explaining his stand on this. the man behind Skreddy pedals - as always - have been leaving very informative argument about this stuff.

BTT: sa mga nakatry na ng joyo, talaga bang 3pdt yun? sobrang lambot kasi. if it is indeed 3pdt and malambot but durable, i wanna get me some of those switches :-)

oh god, joho.

Offline vinz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011, 02:29:37 PM »
sayang pera lang yan, di na tayo natututo pag lazer music store ang nagbebenta walang kwenta.

magkakaruon din ng silbi yan brader :-D :wink:

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 06:11:38 PM »
He posted sa tgp, pero nadelete na yung thread eh. Ayaw nung mods ng discussions like this kasi.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
He posted sa tgp, pero nadelete na yung thread eh. Ayaw nung mods ng discussions like this kasi.

Who posted? The guy from Freekish Blues?

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2011, 08:18:26 PM »
Who posted? The guy from Freekish Blues?

Yeah man. Kinda sucks that the mods there delete the threads. Pero I can't blame them. They were sued before.
But here's his post -

"I will reiterate what I mentioned on The Gear Page previously......."This is my response to this matter, We have been dealing with the copying issue for over 3 years now with our overseas board & housing manufacturer. We have tried to deal with them to stop sharing our circuits (8 in total) but it has been very difficult and costly. I hope all understand.... it has not been easy for me and Freekish Blues. We will be manufacturing our boards in the U.S.A eventually because of this issue and costs. Because of sunken costs we must currently continue through our overseas manufacturer. Our designs were distributed long ago from our overseas supplier and used for many pedals that are out on the market today and we knew that long ago."

This is part of an email I sent to a friend yesterday and holds true for the TGP community....."My partner and I have put many years, sweat and tears into Freekish Blues and many years preparing to launch Freekish Blues. We will not let a few nay sayings out there strip our dream from us. Also people are more than welcome to compare any pedal against the Alpha Drive. All Freekish Blues artists that have known us for years stand by Freekish Blues 100%, this includes Thaddeus Hogarth, and friends and family. This onslaught of jealousy and defamation is not only reflected on Freekish Blues, but on my partner and I as God fearing Americans and family men. We hold our families dear to our hearts and Freekish Blues and its players are an extension of family in every way.

I look upon your support as an essential piece of Freekish Blues' continued success and hope to have you aboard our journey for years to come. I hold you in the highest regard and hope you can understand my situation."

Again you are the ultimate judge... You can believe Freekish Blues or the nay sayers. Either way Freekish Blues will continue to deliver fantastic pedals. This is my final TGP statement and please note this upon any new thread. Thank you to all TGP'rs who contacted me and called with support.

Warmest Regards, Blessings, and Gratitude,
Ken
Freekish Blues
617-947-6739"

So he still had the gall to say na sila pa ninanakawan.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:20:14 PM by teleclem »

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 08:25:59 PM »
Yeah man. Kinda sucks that the mods there delete the threads. Pero I can't blame them. They were sued before.
But here's his post -

"I will reiterate what I mentioned on The Gear Page previously......."This is my response to this matter, We have been dealing with the copying issue for over 3 years now with our overseas board & housing manufacturer. We have tried to deal with them to stop sharing our circuits (8 in total) but it has been very difficult and costly. I hope all understand.... it has not been easy for me and Freekish Blues. We will be manufacturing our boards in the U.S.A eventually because of this issue and costs. Because of sunken costs we must currently continue through our overseas manufacturer. Our designs were distributed long ago from our overseas supplier and used for many pedals that are out on the market today and we knew that long ago."

This is part of an email I sent to a friend yesterday and holds true for the TGP community....."My partner and I have put many years, sweat and tears into Freekish Blues and many years preparing to launch Freekish Blues. We will not let a few nay sayings out there strip our dream from us. Also people are more than welcome to compare any pedal against the Alpha Drive. All Freekish Blues artists that have known us for years stand by Freekish Blues 100%, this includes Thaddeus Hogarth, and friends and family. This onslaught of jealousy and defamation is not only reflected on Freekish Blues, but on my partner and I as God fearing Americans and family men. We hold our families dear to our hearts and Freekish Blues and its players are an extension of family in every way.

I look upon your support as an essential piece of Freekish Blues' continued success and hope to have you aboard our journey for years to come. I hold you in the highest regard and hope you can understand my situation."

Again you are the ultimate judge... You can believe Freekish Blues or the nay sayers. Either way Freekish Blues will continue to deliver fantastic pedals. This is my final TGP statement and please note this upon any new thread. Thank you to all TGP'rs who contacted me and called with support.

Ken
Freekish Blues
617-947-6739"

whoa! is this for real? sila pa ang nagsabi na ninakawan sila. kawawa yun mayari ng joyo  :-o
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:28:06 PM by yahoo! »

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 08:49:54 PM »
Hoo-boy!
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline qwi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 09:08:16 PM »
i'd go ARTEC than to this :D

bakit po sir?
for sale jim dunlop univibe & Epi chet atkins
also available PIO caps 22nf & 47nf @150pesos

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 09:16:50 PM »
whoa! is this for real? sila pa ang nagsabi na ninakawan sila. kawawa yun mayari ng joyo  :-o

Yeah man. Hindi lang nagdeny eh. Ginawa pang masama yung ninakawan.

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2011, 09:49:34 PM »

Classic Chorus

Macho Chorus ba toh :-D :-D :-D nakakajoyo naman toh hahahah
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2011, 10:39:05 PM »
Yeah man. Hindi lang nagdeny eh. Ginawa pang masama yung ninakawan.

Aray ko naman... Ayos na business model, ano?

Just a question about IP rights: To what extent can you protect your electronic designs?
LIKE us on FB!

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 04:58:40 AM »
But here's his post -

Ken
Freekish Blues
617-947-6739"

He's very inconsistent, according to his website they make the pedals in a basement. And he claims he has a supplier in China for the board? The way I see it JOYO is in the bigtime business and he's just small time. Probably the reason why di siya panapatulan ng Chinese legally.

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 05:23:39 AM »
Dami naman na-Joyo.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 07:17:59 AM »

Just a question about IP rights: To what extent can you protect your electronic designs?

I wonder too. Well, may nabasa ako dati about that, pero from what I remember, mahirap nga magprotect ng pedal designs. Don't know where I read that though.

Yung aliw pa, may 7 week wait time :lol: ganun siguro katagal kumuha ng joyo at mag goop at magtanggal ng names haha

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2011, 07:45:13 AM »
I wonder too. Well, may nabasa ako dati about that, pero from what I remember, mahirap nga magprotect ng pedal designs. Don't know where I read that though.

Yung aliw pa, may 7 week wait time :lol: ganun siguro katagal kumuha ng joyo at mag goop at magtanggal ng names haha

Not to mention the shipping time from China to US :-P
LIKE us on FB!

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2011, 09:30:55 AM »
Not to mention the shipping time from China to US :-P

Siguro isa isa pa niya binili :lol:

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »
Siguro isa isa pa niya binili :lol:

Per "sure" order.

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »

http://www.muzique.com/clones.htm alam ko may naipost pa dati si Musikerochan tungkol sa ganyan issue dati.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2011, 03:37:05 PM »
http://www.muzique.com/clones.htm alam ko may naipost pa dati si Musikerochan tungkol sa ganyan issue dati.

Patents protect the circuit designs - copyrights on schematics do not. If there is no patent it is okay to clone, but do not use the name or trademarks of the original on your pedal. If you mention the original pedal name or company as a means of explaining that your pedal is a clone or based on its design, it would be good to include a disclaimer stating that you did not manufacture the original so that it cannot be claimed that you are trying to confuse the consumer or steal their business.

This article has not touched on the ethical implications of cloning. I've looked in lots of boutique boxes and many builders are borrowing ideas or even stealing designs outright. It happens... this is where the ethics and morals come into play, but it is up to you and your conscience.

The root of all the designs was the TS808, probably the reason why the JOYO guys are not doing anything about it. Funny thing about this is how Freekish Blues claimed to have R&D on the product and claimed it as their own. The thread on the other site is really interesting, it even beats the telenovela's we ahve here he he he...

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2011, 09:24:56 PM »
Well, it's entertaining at the very least... Hahaha!
LIKE us on FB!