hulika

Author Topic: First Time Gear Buyer Questions Here!  (Read 229263 times)

Offline Roger Edrickson

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: What newbees should know before buying a Drum item
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »
high five dude!!!  :lol:

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2008, 03:52:51 PM »
invest on quality gear. it will pay off in the end, because you will never have to buy   anything for upgrade. yung tipong pwede mo pang magamit in the next decade :)

hindi lang dapat grab lang ng grab ng item para mukhang madami tingnan at maangas or cool. im a victim of this then hehehe.

youd rather have 2 K's rather than say 6 ZBT's :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 03:57:56 PM by smutdrummer »

Offline uglyguy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2008, 04:00:09 PM »
eto lang suggestion ko .. wag maging impulsive buyer ... isipin nyo muna kung need nyo ... sayang ang pera

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »
1) HARDWARE - Yung DDRUMS ko binalik ko dahil marupok yung mga bakal nun. And make sure na may mabibilhan kang SPARE PARTS pag may nasira.
2) Wood - Maple or birch ang maganda.
3) TOM size - Standard (12,13,16) or Weird size (10,12,14) or other size (10,12, 16,16). It's up to you what kind of beats you want to play.

to be safe, get two or three models that you like and ask the GOOD PEOPLE here in the forums!  :-D
For Sale:
Zildjian Avedis MedThin 16" Crash = 5K
Zildjian ZHT 10" Splash = 2K BNew Gibraltar single pedal and Straight stand = 2K each  PM Me ty..

Offline shotsofredmist

« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2008, 04:28:54 PM »
tama dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dapat pagisipan ng mabute ang gagawing move pag bibli! =D
facebook.com/jc.gellidon
twitter.com/jcboiche
 FOR SALE:   G35 Infiniti Coupe (Message me if interested) Mercedes Benz e class w211 "SOLD"

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »
compare nyo sa internet yung mga items na bibilhin nyo kung nasa tamang range ba yung price..
To add to this do not overlook the shipping and tax duties when comparing prices to foreign sources.

It is not fair for buyers to directly compare to foreign sources as if they are just next door and complain that prices here are high. Do not forget to include all expenses when canvassing.

As for me the simplest tip I can offer to newbies is: Seek advice! :wink:
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline suspendead

« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2008, 05:27:21 PM »
One more thing...

Make sure that what you are buying, "Specially high-end and other branded items", are authentic. Meaning they are the real thing and not just cheap immitations. We all know, almost all branded things these days can be easily copied...

Also, make sure that when a seller is selling you used items, you know if its 3rd hand or 2nd hand. So can have a brief idea of the price. Some people buy stuff as second hand and then sell it as second hand but the price is higher than how much the seller got it. Just so everybody will be aware.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:33:21 PM by suspendead »
" I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DON'T LIKE YOU "

Offline plitipiw40315

• Veteran Member
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2008, 05:32:54 PM »
eto ang kailangan ko..more advice pa nga po..hehe..salamat..
...drummers are good ROLL models...

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »
Basta trust yourself...pag nagdududa ka, then dun ka magtanong sa mga friends mo na alam yung product or find other sources from the net.
Wag din bili ng bili...kung susundin mo lang yun sarili mo jan, maniwala ka, di ka matatapos. hahaha!

Tapos sa maga nagbebenta naman, oks naman kumita, di masama yun, pero sana wag lang sobra sobra, mahirap ang mga musikero...walang pera dito.

At yung iba din, kung di niyo naman talaga alam yung sinasabi niyo, eh di tahimik nalang, mahirap magmarunong marunong, madami kasi tayo pwede ma confuse dun.

At sana maging patas sa lahat ng bagay...walang gamitan ng kapit o pwersa.

Magmahalan, Respeto at Pagtutulungan ang dapat natin itaguyod sa PInoydrums. Mabuhay tayong lahat. We are the world! wahahahaha! :lol:

Tentenenen--tenen!!!

Offline mondi99060451

• Veteran Member
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2008, 05:58:48 PM »
hirap nga kumita ang mga musikerong Pinoy. Kadalasan T.Y. ang bayad sa gigs.  Kaya yung gears, dugo't pawis ang puhunan ng mga musikero diyan.  :-)

Offline kimpoy19

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
hirap nga kumita ang mga musikerong Pinoy. Kadalasan T.Y. ang bayad sa gigs.  Kaya yung gears, dugo't pawis ang puhunan ng mga musikero diyan.  :-)

that's right.
Newbee rin ako.
But kahit na baguhan ka ay dapat marunong kang tumuingin ng mga gamit. you should know the things, items, accessories, spares that you should buy. Pagaralang mabuti yung mga bibilhin mo, kung medyo nalilito sa gamit, pwede ka namang magtanong sa mga kaibigan mo at syempre dito sa Philmusic.  :-D :-D

always check the availability of the spare parts, kung nagpoproduce parin sa market.

hope that this will help.
drumming is my greatest way to praise the Lord!

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2008, 06:23:47 PM »

Weird size (10,12,14)

OT: Bro, it's FUSION size. And it's not at all weird.  :-D

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »
- In judging on whether or not something sounds good, don't rely on description of sounds. Try stuff out first before you commit to buy. In checking out the gear, bring along a friend who's experienced.

- Info on gear that artists use is a useful start for info on the question "what [insert gear here] sounds good for [insert music here]".

- "More expensive gear" does not mean "better sounding gear", nor does it mean "most appropriate gear for your music". This wisdom is important when gassing for something (haha).

- Take time to do research. The internet is your friend. :)
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline prjm14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2008, 01:41:45 AM »
dont buy with your eyes.. :-D

Offline xalanx

« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2008, 04:50:55 AM »
buy the things that you need not the things that you want. tapos in the end bebenta mo rin. save up for the gears that are very useful to you.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:04:31 PM by xalanx »
Music is not what I do, It's who I am

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2008, 05:10:13 AM »
Don't buy drums if you're into guitars.   :-D  I eventually sold mine because it just gathered dust.

Better buy 2nd hand, high-end, so you get better re-sale value.  Wag tumulad saken.  I bought a cheap-ass, brand new set, only to sell it at less than half the original price.   :|
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »
PAENGS SELECTING A CYMBAL HOW TO:  :-D

- Listen how it sounds NEAR and FAR (about 20Ft.). The sound WILL VARY/CHANGE if the listener is near or far from the set.

- Select different types of cymbals (Specially in crash cymbal). It is better to have DIFFERENT VOICES of cymbals than hitting different cymbals with the SAME VOICE.

- Look at the BELL SIZE of the cymbal. Usually, the bigger the BELL, the more DENGGGgg it sounds. The smaller the bell the more WEEIISHHHH it sounds.

- The heavier or thicker the bell, the more DARKER it sound. Thin/light cymbals is for the WOOOUUUSHHHH sound. (parang splash).

- In testing the cymbal, hit it in all places (bell, edge, mid, bell+neck of stick, edge+neck of the stick, etc). This way, you can hear all the VOICES that the cymbal has. This is important because this will determine if the cymbal has a SWEET SPOT! (or G SPOT) hehehehe :-D

FINALLY, MAG YOUTUBE or magGOOGLE ka for more info!  :lol:
For Sale:
Zildjian Avedis MedThin 16" Crash = 5K
Zildjian ZHT 10" Splash = 2K BNew Gibraltar single pedal and Straight stand = 2K each  PM Me ty..

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »
oi nice thread. maganda to makaka tulong sa newbies tulad ko :)

buy the things that you need not the things that you want. tapos in  in the end bebenta mo rin. save up for the gears that are very useful to you.

onga tamang tama yan! :)

Offline phfreq

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2008, 09:10:09 PM »
a couple of things come to mind:

-- of course, "needs" first before "wants" -- they're almost always different :-)
-- availability of spare parts
-- after sales service -- importante to kasi after mo gumastos ng malaki tapos maiiwan ka na lang pala mag-isa
-- trying the items personally is the best kasi mahirap i-ensure yugn pagkakapare-parehas ng tunog na lalabas -- ang daming factors
-- research, research and research...

Offline shotsofredmist

« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »
buy the things that you need not the things that you want. tapos in the end bebenta mo rin. save up for the gears that are very useful to you.

Tinamaan ako don ah. :))
facebook.com/jc.gellidon
twitter.com/jcboiche
 FOR SALE:   G35 Infiniti Coupe (Message me if interested) Mercedes Benz e class w211 "SOLD"

Offline nikogulo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2008, 10:03:19 PM »
Just buy what you need  :-) buying drum stuff is an investment!!! so spend wisely! what i do is, when I buy a drum product 2md hand or brand new, I make sure that I use it and earn the money I spent on the product. That way parang nabawe mo na investment mo. Hindi mura ang equipment natin.. :mrgreen: (did i make sense?)

Rock!
 :-D

Offline metalmuhlisha

• Veteran Member
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2008, 10:28:47 PM »
pag isipan kung ano talaga ang gusto mong "sound", lalo na pag sa cymbals. make an outline of what you want to buy in the long-run. kung may idea ka na, arrange mo kung alin mga uunahin mo at alin yung long-term.

ako kasi may plan na ako kung ano yung mga gamit na kelangan ko. pag nakuha ko na lahat yun, di na ko bibili pa e. kasi alam kong hanggang yun nalang yung kelangan ko. unless of course may mag regalo sakin, or may mas magandang equivalent, etc. and even then, i would think twice about it.

pangit din kasi yung bili ka lang ng bili ng kahit anong trip mo. marami ka ngang gamit, e may naipon ka bang pera?
kung di mo alam, isipin muna ang GMG bago ang lahat: Google Mo, G**O!

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2008, 12:01:53 AM »
pero, music evolves so does your playing, pwede sa ngayon, yung ang kailangan mo pero pag tagal as you grow, develop and learn new skills, your playing may require more tools. kaya mahirap din talaga...challenging...yes, but very enjoying as well.

Offline firecracker_pop

« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2008, 08:05:57 AM »
hehehe... guilty ako sa pagka-addict sa pag bili ng cymbals!

hahaha!!!

though kumpleto na yung triangle set up, humihirit pa rin ng isang crash kahit di naman ganun ka-kailangan at wala naman din pambili!

nyahaha!!!

nice thread. :-D

ang advice ko naman is, humingi ng discount. nagbibigay sila! better yet, antayin ang BER BER sale! weeeeeeeeee!

sale na naman sa JB! woohoo!!!
I play... so i am...

visit my band's website @ http://www.lovecoremusic.com

Offline powercharge

« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2008, 10:27:01 AM »
Kung bago ka pa lang talaga sa pagbili ng drum items, better visit JB, Audiophile, Perfect Pitch, Lyric, and The Music Source/Hi-Fi lounge.

High quality products nila at malawak ang range ng prices. Malaking tulong din na may alam yung mga sales peeps dun.