hulika

Author Topic: BOSS Pedal Users/Addicts Unite!!!  (Read 98978 times)

Offline FollowTheReaper

• Veteran Member
Re: BOSS Pedal Addicts Unite!!!
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2013, 10:18:51 PM »
Kelangan din cguro proper wave tweaking. I'd like to test it out first para sure. Balitaan ko kayo sa findings ko. Samahan ko din ng PS-6 and PH-3. :idea: takte dumami ung pending pedals ko hahaha!

Solid ang PS-6. One of the pedals I'd keep for quite a while :cool:

im getting this next week...

any reviews?

The AC-3 is a good buy bro, but don't expect too much.

I'm not saying it is a bad pedal in fact, I kept mine for 3 years (I sold it last week because I'm making a smaller pedalboard).

It sounds nice especially with single coils. You will have a bit of trouble though if you are using high gain humbuckers. The sound kinda clips (similar to Amplitube 3's sound when your computer is out of RAM  :lol:). Therefore, when I engage it I coil tap or select a single coil pup.

Some purists hate it because it doesn't 100% capture true acoustic sound but for me it was good enough especially that it saves the hassle of carrying another guitar aside from my electric. I think it also sounds better than normal clean tone (IMHO).

One more great thing about it is it can act as an A/B looper. It has 2 outs and the signal will travel on one when it is engaged, and on the other when it is not.

Good luck bro :)
Music Educator

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #201 on: February 14, 2013, 07:52:48 PM »
Hi all! I haven't been using my NS-2 for the longest time and when I was cleaning up my pedals earlier I decided to try it on my dirt pedals and here's the issue...

The LED still comes on when stepped on but instead of killing noise, it kills everything including the sound (volume). I tried both a PSU and a battery but results are the same. I asked around and I was advised not to have the unit serviced at Yupangco since they just outsource the repair and charge a hefty amount for it.

So now am asking for help on where to get this pedal fixed. The pedal was acquired from Alex Cerezo of Audiolokal and he mentioned that the pedal has not been opened yet but when I checked it out, I saw uneven solder marks and a couple of jumper wires here and there.  :cry:
Pedals on Sale: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=273860.msg3741566#msg3741566
References: unoh, zyehj, alamat, BAMF, trem3, macrulez019, brown, Kenzu0911, lemon15, spliffbwoy, lmichiko, derekdecastro, kurtcobainer, progfather, metalheadz

Offline bluefist

• Veteran Member
« Reply #202 on: February 14, 2013, 11:40:24 PM »
Where loc mo?  PM mo si yahoo...
I live because of music!!!

Offline superbuni123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2013, 08:06:08 AM »
Hi all! I haven't been using my NS-2 for the longest time and when I was cleaning up my pedals earlier I decided to try it on my dirt pedals and here's the issue...

The LED still comes on when stepped on but instead of killing noise, it kills everything including the sound (volume). I tried both a PSU and a battery but results are the same. I asked around and I was advised not to have the unit serviced at Yupangco since they just outsource the repair and charge a hefty amount for it.

So now am asking for help on where to get this pedal fixed. The pedal was acquired from Alex Cerezo of Audiolokal and he mentioned that the pedal has not been opened yet but when I checked it out, I saw uneven solder marks and a couple of jumper wires here and there.  :cry:

Maybe it's in mute mode?  ^-^
Learning to be a man without losing the boy in me...

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2013, 08:50:40 AM »
Maybe it's in mute mode?  ^-^

The NS-2 has 2 settings and I have been using it for the longest time to know how it works. Whether it's on reduction or mute, the same thing happens
Pedals on Sale: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=273860.msg3741566#msg3741566
References: unoh, zyehj, alamat, BAMF, trem3, macrulez019, brown, Kenzu0911, lemon15, spliffbwoy, lmichiko, derekdecastro, kurtcobainer, progfather, metalheadz

Offline superbuni123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2013, 09:31:52 AM »
Oh-kay.  :wink:

Better have it checked then. Maybe something in the inside decided not to work because of not being used for the longest time...

Here are photos from the intranet of a NS-2 board:

http://freestompboxes.org.preview.binero.se/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11953&p=128917

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/MisterGuitarHimself/DSC00485.jpg
Learning to be a man without losing the boy in me...

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2013, 02:47:20 PM »
Thanks. I already have those way back pero I have yet to find a technician with enough patience (and charges so little) to follow that.

I also have this as well

http://obrazki.elektroda.net/47_1279571553.jpg

Oh-kay.  :wink:

Better have it checked then. Maybe something in the inside decided not to work because of not being used for the longest time...

Here are photos from the intranet of a NS-2 board:

http://freestompboxes.org.preview.binero.se/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11953&p=128917

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/MisterGuitarHimself/DSC00485.jpg

Offline dharzfreeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2013, 11:32:59 AM »
How about the new exclusive - BOSS TE-2, BOSS DA-2, & MO-2?

saka ask lang.. kung may boss ps6 ka na kelangan pa ba boss ce5 or ch1?
PHILMUSIC EQUALIZER

Offline mbsunga

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2013, 04:22:25 PM »
Mga boss addict ask ko lang if i can use the roland acr230 9v adaptor (from roland micro cube) to power my boss pedals? Thanks in advance

Offline page8six....

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2013, 05:26:06 PM »
“If you don’t know the blues, … there’s no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.”
– Keith Richards

Offline fretzburner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2013, 05:49:37 PM »

Kung malapit lang tayo ako na mag check nyan.
"It's not just the game of notes,it's the sound inside your soul"

Offline PRlNCE

• Netizen Level
« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2013, 07:38:22 AM »

ito ang adik talaga,... awesome rig bro. Kaka-inggit tignan, para gusto kong nakawin yan lahat. hahaha!
roll n roll

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2013, 07:59:49 AM »
FROM Boss ST2 + Boss GE7 + Boss SD1 + Boss DD7 TO Boss BF3 na lang... kinda miss my boss pedals

Offline page8six....

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »
ito ang adik talaga,... awesome rig bro. Kaka-inggit tignan, para gusto kong nakawin yan lahat. hahaha!

thanks sir  :-D
“If you don’t know the blues, … there’s no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.”
– Keith Richards

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2013, 02:53:55 PM »
Where are you located brother? Kung accessible eh kahit ako na ang pumunta sayo.

Kung malapit lang tayo ako na mag check nyan.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2013, 03:05:15 PM »
share some PS-3 love mga bro! copy ko lang mula sa DIY thread:

anybody used a photo-resistor as expression method for the PS-3?

gotta find an LDR with a lower dark resistance and near-zero ohm light resistance since the one im using has a 1Meg+ dark resistance in parallel to a 47K resistor lang eh. try ko parallel sa 10K sa weekend.

^yep. kanina pagkagising i tried something na di ko pa nasubukan with the PS-3. usually i use an expression pedal (a voltage divider) for its mode 11. i found out that shorting the tip and the sleeve (leaving out the ring) yields almost the same result.

here, i used the zabfxtap to toy with the expression input.

take note of the slide switch on the side (normally-closed, normally-open). in NC operation, the tip is shunted to sleeve, depressing the stomp switch opens up the connection. the reverse happens in NO operation. what im wary though is if the PS-3 could handle this method (shunting the sleeve to the tip). i understand the PEEP connects the Ring and Tip soldered to an LDR with resistance to the Sleeve varied by light. i still wonder about the implication kung iwan ko na lang yung Ring and instead solder the LDR across the tip and Sleeve.

EDIT: read the PS-3 manual. it says pwede ang FS-5u which means pwede ang tap switch ko, and the LDR across the tip and sleeve configuration, leaving the ring terminal unconnected. in theory pwede rin ang expression pedal na variable resistance lang ang config, imbis na voltage divider like the EV-5.

hmmm, pwede kaya ang CV control dito?

MORE EDIT: guys, check this link, http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/behringer-fcv100-362747/ refer to reply #13.

sumasakit ulo ko sa internal operation nitong PS-3 since this morning.

follow-up:

1) tested last night the expression input of the PS-3. found out that shorting the Ring and Sleeve or Ring and Tip did nothing, but connecting the Tip and Sleeve produces the desired octave effect as per knob settings. sabi sa manual, you can use the FS-5u for the expression input; ibig sabihin a mono cable is is fine which basically shunts the Ring to the sleeve, and using only the tip as the trigger. so by using an FS-5u, you are basically connecting the 3 terminals together to create the pitch shift effect. gotta look at the schem later as i dont feel this is safe for the unit.

2) i decided to just use a stereo cable and hooked up a pot to vary the resistance between the Sleeve and Tip, leaving the Ring not connected. found out that a resistance of about 200-300K works well.

3) may Roland EV-5 ako i got from a trade which i modified dati to have a detachable stereo cable. however, the biggest bummer was that it used an ordinary (think normal) pot which had a 7:00 to 5:00 sweep while Roland uses a special pot for the EV-5 which a narrower sweep. kumbaga, a pot with a 9:00 to 3:00 lang na sweep ang naka-install for the EV-5 (and those similar FV-50 pedals). initially i installed a 100K pot wired as a voltage divider (bridged by a 10K fixed resistor to drop the resistance due to the narrow sweep of the pot), but felt parang may kulang, lalo na sa sweep ng rotation pag-apak sa treadle.

this is when i idea came to me: pwede akong gumamit ng 1Meg pot wired as a variable resistor since ang kailangan ko lang naman eh 200K-300K na sa tantya ko e papatak sa 7-12:00 na limited sweep ng pot. bam! swabe, mas maganda yung sweep ng treadle. i'll compare this sa totoong EV-5 in the future.

as for the optical expression plug, an LDR with a dark resistance of 1M+ is fine, but connect the leads to the sleeve and tip lang of the stereo plug. IIRC, devi - for her PEEPlug - wires the LDR with the Ring and Tip connected, and the other leg of the LDR dun sa sleeve connected. tried her method initially, pero bitin.

poor man's whammy when partnered with an expression system!~

Offline m1k3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2013, 08:23:51 PM »
mga BOSS Addicts, may marerecommend ba kayong BOSS pedal repairman na taga QC/SM North area?

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2013, 08:48:21 PM »
share some PS-3 love mga bro! copy ko lang mula sa DIY thread:

poor man's whammy when partnered with an expression system!~

IMO i think thats the purpose of that, why they put this feature.
References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline tanod

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
mga kapatid!! nu bang pinaka swabe sa mga looper ng boss?

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »

You should bring this unit back to him and your oney back to you. He lied.
References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »
I tried buddy but he hasn't been replying to messages sent to both of his mobile numbers.

You should bring this unit back to him and your oney back to you. He lied.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2013, 10:37:52 AM »
IMO i think thats the purpose of that, why they put this feature.

that's just a bonus IMO. they prolly realized they could sweep the pitch through variable means.

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »
that's just a bonus IMO. they prolly realized they could sweep the pitch through variable means.

What i mean is the expression feature of your PS3. Anyways whatever suits your application then go. But the problem with that is your surroundings. Different lighting conditions can be a problem
References:

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2013, 06:21:29 AM »
Solid ang PS-6. One of the pedals I'd keep for quite a while :cool:

The AC-3 is a good buy bro, but don't expect too much.

I'm not saying it is a bad pedal in fact, I kept mine for 3 years (I sold it last week because I'm making a smaller pedalboard).

It sounds nice especially with single coils. You will have a bit of trouble though if you are using high gain humbuckers. The sound kinda clips (similar to Amplitube 3's sound when your computer is out of RAM  :lol:). Therefore, when I engage it I coil tap or select a single coil pup.

Some purists hate it because it doesn't 100% capture true acoustic sound but for me it was good enough especially that it saves the hassle of carrying another guitar aside from my electric. I think it also sounds better than normal clean tone (IMHO).

One more great thing about it is it can act as an A/B looper. It has 2 outs and the signal will travel on one when it is engaged, and on the other when it is not.

Good luck bro :)

thanks man! i do use emg 81 on my axe, bummer  :-(

but thats okay, try ko padin :) I imagine this would sound fabulous with a Tele >:D

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2013, 12:02:13 AM »
Just received my Boss OS-2 earlier. Such a versatile pedal. Replaced the DS-2 on my board and does what I need it to (boost my MT-2 for solos and gives nice OD and DS tones as well).  :-D