hulika

Author Topic: "No good sounding Ibanez guitar" talk (offshoot of "..Good old, Cheaper Set-up")  (Read 49987 times)

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus

Baka sabihin bias kami :P Ngayong nag-gigitara na ulit ako, parang gusto ko rin nung tweed, he he he.

Bagay na bagay kasi yun dun sa lp mo na tweed. Sarap!
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
thread is alive lol..

i love my usarg30 everytime i play it, it has more tone than my suhr modern and thats my experience. im sure if im going to get a custom suhr according to my specs ill enjoy it more (55x90frets and nickel only and fatter neck and baked)

i also like to point out that while trying guitars is nice and all but its not even close to the experience in owning the guitar. you can try a guitar for a number of hours just to get an idea of what you're paying for but its really different when you're playing with your band in different places. when Distinctive Guitar (dealer of really nice stuff from suhr,tuttle huber,james tyler,prs private stock, knaggs fibenare, etc.) and they are ok with that because thats how its suppose to be.

now back to ibanez, the rg premiums need some fret finishing work, some are just rough to feel and no different than my gibson lp traditional.yes i had to clean it up/burnish and polish the frets

now for risks, in my perspective (if you know your way around working with a guitar) the risk is the price point and not bonding with the guitar.