hulika

Author Topic: "IT SUCKS" vs. "I DON'T LIKE IT"  (Read 7602 times)

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "IT SUCKS" vs. "I DON'T LIKE IT"
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 07:19:22 AM »
NEWSFLASH: BOTH MEAN THE SAME THING.
Not necessarily, it depends on the context, intent and delivery of the statement. True, "It sucks" and "I don't like it" can be used to express the same sentiment: "I don't like it (because it sucks)" or "It sucks (therefor I don't like it)." However, by itself "It sucks" is more of a description and "I don't like it" is more of an expression of one's preference with regards to the object in question. You can say that you do not like something without saying that "it sucks."

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 08:49:47 AM »
This thread sucks.....i dont like it at all :-D

When I first saw this thread topic, I thought, "I don' like it."  Now, after several pages, I think "it sucks!"

:-D :-D :-D

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 09:24:32 AM »
bluenote,

You idiot. That was a rhetorical question, it doesn't have an answer.

The number of posts I see from people like you make me want to log on to this forum less.

On the other hand, skunk, kitc's & oasgomez's reviews are quite helpful... unlike yours. If it weren't for people like them, I'd be logging on way less.

In the words of titser_marco...

you're a "boy".

Do us all a favor and say something sensible the next time you post.

Ok so maybe I was in a bad mood yesterday and should not have said that your question was stupid for that I apologize...

Now Mister Big man and wise jakobspiral you have to understand a few things...

First I did not try to answer your rhetorical question. It was ubersam that did. So should we start calling him an idiot also?

I was simply commenting on what I thought of the question's quality... Everything after that was just playfull banter...

With regards to titsermarco maybe you oughta read that thread again and see that what I did to you was not entirely different from what

he did to me.

I find it amusing that you didnt appreciate some of the reviews that we did with the local pedals particularly BAMFx and Kalikot audio

pedals when these pedals are actually more attainable for most working musicians...

Maybe wala ngang kwenta yung mga reviews namin for you I mean what do I know Im only a "boy" who has been a pro musician for at

least 13 years now...

Any way I did not mean to offend its just that I have my good days and bad days also...

easy lang janboy.. bata yan.. hahaha wala pang balbas kita nman eh.. hahahah

dun sa kabila kanina si bluescon vs. nicosci hhahahahaha!!  :lol:

Ok lang brad kaya nga d ko sinabayan ng init ng ulo eh iniintindi ko nalang at mukang napikon ata...

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 11:29:53 AM »

NEWSFLASH:  You're like saying Dinuguan sucks... when foreigners taste it.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 11:41:15 AM »
Ang tanong ay ito:  How come this mega-OT thread is being tolerated and hasn't been locked, moved, etc.?  This has nothing to do with "... guitars and guitarists, on the art and science of the six string. Includes effects, amps, etc." di ba? 

Tapos ang mga thread ng (potentially engot) na newbies eh tinitira natin as irrelevant, sayang sa space, pangpagulo lang, will lead to the downfall of the forum, etc.

:-D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2007, 11:49:02 AM »
Ang tanong ay ito:  How come this mega-OT thread is being tolerated and hasn't been locked, moved, etc.?  This has nothing to do with "... guitars and guitarists, on the art and science of the six string. Includes effects, amps, etc." di ba? 

Tapos ang mga thread ng (potentially engot) na newbies eh tinitira natin as irrelevant, sayang sa space, pangpagulo lang, will lead to the downfall of the forum, etc.

Actually, I meant it to be a guitar thread.  Because most of the gear bashings stem from two words:  "IT SUCKS..."

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2007, 11:49:23 AM »

Amen. The only difference is that "I don't like it" already qualifies the opinion-giver. "That Sucks" has to be subjected to the performative question "according tho whom?
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2007, 01:52:17 PM »

Actually, I meant it to be a guitar thread.  Because most of the gear bashings stem from two words:  "IT SUCKS..."

C'mon, do you really believe this topic belongs in this forum?  Peksman?

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »

Yup.  Tinamad lang ako magtype sa first post kasi I wanted the fuel ready for the first light.  :-D

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2007, 01:58:21 PM »

Yup.  Tinamad lang ako magtype sa first post kasi I wanted the fuel ready for the first light.  :-D

Oh boy.  Malala ka na 'pre.  Want to see a psychiatrist?

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2007, 06:36:04 PM »
Oh Oh easy lang mga kapatid...  :-D

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2007, 09:04:52 PM »

Niloloko ko lang si Skunky.  Pagpumunta siya sa psychiatrist ko, tabi kami kasi pareho kaming malala na...  :-D

Joks lang Skunky ha.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2007, 08:40:20 PM »

Niloloko ko lang si Skunky.  Pagpumunta siya sa psychiatrist ko, tabi kami kasi pareho kaming malala na...  :-D

Joks lang Skunky ha.

Contrary to popular belief, psychiatrists are supposed to be consulted for PREVENTIVE and not CURATIVE reasons.

Anyway, mukha nga kailangan ko na magpa-psychiatrist kasi lumalala na ang financial mis-priorities ko dahil sa GAS.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2007, 07:22:43 AM »

Joks lang Skunky ha.

Contrary to popular belief, psychiatrists are supposed to be consulted for PREVENTIVE and not CURATIVE reasons.

Anyway, mukha nga kailangan ko na magpa-psychiatrist kasi lumalala na ang financial mis-priorities ko dahil sa GAS.

For those with persistent GAS, I will offer a special intervention package. This base plan provides initial therapy, target group meetings and access to a toll free hotline. For those with extreme GAS we offer a full retreat and recovery package.

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »
it sucks - close minded people
i don't like it - people with big ego's
the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams...

Offline trewzd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2007, 07:53:29 PM »

Joks lang Skunky ha.

For those with persistent GAS, I will offer a special intervention package. This base plan provides initial therapy, target group meetings and access to a toll free hotline. For those with extreme GAS we offer a full retreat and recovery package.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
kung may bayad yan laki kita mo  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: