hulika

Author Topic: Tele Love  (Read 1031446 times)

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
Tele Love
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:28:14 AM »

I used to be really into strats, well growin up kasi in the 80s, lahat ng nakita mo sa MTV naka-strat. Yes aminin ko gsto ko makuha yun tone ni Bryan Adams sa Summer of '69. hehe. I used to really like the percussive sound and flexibility of the strat. Havent really completely lost my love for it, but, the Tele has taken over.

I got into it because of other players na na-idolize ko nun mas matanda na ko---Jeff Buckley, Springsteen, Keif Richards, Johnny Greenwood, Tom Petty, et al.  The tele was Leo Fender's first electric guitar design and a lot of people say he got it right the first time. I agree! .. It is a very simple guitar design, but it can achieve a lot of tones. From jazzy licks, to biting blues, to scorching distortion, to sweet crystal clears, to country twang. IMHO, you can debate me on this, but I like the way that you need to dig in to really dig in and work on the strings to make the tele sound great.  Mron sense of fulfilment when you can tame this beast of a guitar.

I think it is somewhere in between a les paul and a strat.  It can get some of that percussive response of a strat, but also the beefy thickness (with the right dirt pedal) of a les paul/SG. 

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Tele Love
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 10:17:32 PM »
preach it brother! 8-)

Offline hoihose

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 11:32:34 AM »
AMENTO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D :-D :-D
\"startin over again more or less in your pursuit of happiness\"-NUNO BETTENCOURT

Offline reckless boy

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 07:08:49 PM »
your testimonial (ode might be appropriate, too) to the tele gets me gassing for a real tele!   :cry:

all i want for Xmas is a '52 tele. or yun 60th anniv ed na natural finish. or highway 1 tele. or kahit nashville power tele. syet kahit anong tele. paging santa clause.

Offline Kulas

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »
ako malapit na, hehe. just waiting for arie to finish my tele. although hindi sha teleng-tele. it's a yamaha pacifica tele. i had the pickguard changed and an EMG tele set installed to replace the stock ones. let's see if that would get som lovin' from a strat person like me, hehe.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 09:46:40 PM »
Like many of you, my first guitar was also a Strat. Actually, my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. guitars were Strats (one after the other, not all at once ha!).  Then around mid 90s I bought an MIJ 52ri Tele in natural/butterscotch and was hooked. Eventually, I sold it to Arie eventually.  Around late 90s I got myself an MIA 52ri but sold it to Lito (I didn't like the small frets and sticky feel of the neck; dang... I should have just had it refretted)...

Fast forward to a few months ago, I sold a 69ri Thinline and 68ri butterscotch but bought an MIJ 52ri to finally put my Tele search/GAS to an end.

These days, I'd pick up my Tele before I'd pick up my Strat, so baligtad na mundo.  Basta regular tuning, and especially with the 5 way switching it now has, the Tele is my weapon of choice.  I'm sure you Strat lovers will grow up and come around too. ;-)  Haha!  *just kidding*

Twanginanyo!!!

Offline sigjoys

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 10:05:06 PM »
its my first single coil guitar at nauna bago sa strat. the tele has that unique twangy tone that makes it different from other guitars but for me its that piercing tone that made me love it.

"real men play telecasters" - WALANG KOKONTRA!!!  :-D
Not unto us, but to YOUR name give all honour.
Ps 115.:1

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »
My first electric was a black squire tele....bought it coz Robbie Robertson played a tele and so did Dylan.

Definitely gonna have one in the future. No thinline or deluxe.
Ill get the barebone classic 8-)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 08:10:45 PM by pallas »
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline reps

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 07:53:14 PM »
my first guitar is a blue agave mim standard. laking tuwa ko nung malaman ko na discontinued na yung color na yun. aesthetics aside, i like telecasters because they're pretty simple - three way switching = no switch positions that "get in the way."
feedback is your friend

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 08:39:53 PM »
preach it bruddah!!

Offline sigjoys

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 09:07:18 PM »
preach it bruddah!!

master nathan.... thats your quote!!! i just preached it back here  :mrgreen:

Not unto us, but to YOUR name give all honour.
Ps 115.:1

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 09:23:11 PM »
preach it bruddah!!
master nathan.... thats your quote!!! i just preached it back here  :mrgreen:
i remember. gawd spoke to me that mornin'...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 09:25:17 PM by nathanmanansala »

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 11:22:36 PM »

parang la pa response si tele-tubby ah... yoohoo... have u lost faith brotha? hehe... how bout pallas? have u converted to way of the les paul?? no more love for your tele deluxe sunburst?

m planning to get an MIJ tele soon... hopefully it will have the same magic as delta's...  wish me luck!

was wondering how the other tele players got inspired to play teles in the first place... care to share? Lam ko si Nats e dahil kay kotzen di ba?... how bout the others?

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 06:15:18 PM »
STRAT FOREVER!!!!!!!!  :-D
Surf's Up!

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 06:28:22 PM »
Dati ayaw ko yung itsura ng Telecaster pero biglang naiba nung napanood ko yung RageAgainstTheMachine tsaka yung anime na BECK.

I really want an American Custom Telecaster HH....

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 09:21:08 AM »
eventually you will realize the error of your ways. not all are granted infinite wisdom at an early age...

:-D

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 11:52:06 AM »
tele ??!!  :roll: hmph... pang-back-up guitar lang yun!  :evil: 

joke !!!  heeheehee  :-D :-D :-D

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 12:31:05 PM by vegetablejoe »

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 12:15:08 PM »
eventually you will realize the error of your ways. not all are granted infinite wisdom at an early age...

:-D

Hahahahaha!!! We'll see.. we'll see.... I'm hell bent on getting a strat next year :D
Surf's Up!

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 12:22:49 PM »
Ako rin i just love the sound of a tele... but when i got a strat, it also blew me away! Both are really great guitars! :-D
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline Trans-Am

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 12:44:14 PM »
My Muddy Waters Tele and '69 ReIssue MIJ Thinline Tele are the two fave of mine.Although im a sucker for the Custom lately.

Cheers!! :-D
Gimme Some Truth - John Lennon

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 12:45:11 PM »
sweet! :-D
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline Trans-Am

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 12:47:32 PM »
Okey lang, I have these periods from time to time...sort of like mens/taga when it comes to axes.
Quite honestly?? Lately its been Les Pauls strictly.

Peace!!! :wink:
Gimme Some Truth - John Lennon

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 04:07:17 PM »
nagkataon lang tumugma sa playing ko ang tele siguro, kaya ayun, aysus!  shopping spree ng tele hahaha

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 06:26:07 PM »
ako strat lover na naguumpisang mangaliwa hehehe. na kay micsis yung tele ko for upgrades and refinishing! i just lover the bite and response of a tele. i feel it makes you play slower. not that it's difficult to play mind you, but it makes you want to savor  your notes/licks  more.

pero iba din ang tunog ng strat. a more polite/smoother sound than a tele. kumbaga ang strat, edukado mag salita at malambing, intellectual ang pananalita. ang tele prankahan! bastos at palamura at iyakin! pag nagkamali ka eh mura ang aabutin mo hehehe! may kanya kanyang sound sila. talaga lang there are certain styles na mas babagayan sila(IMO). 

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 06:52:05 PM »
ako strat lover na naguumpisang mangaliwa hehehe. na kay micsis yung tele ko for upgrades and refinishing! i just lover the bite and response of a tele. i feel it makes you play slower. not that it's difficult to play mind you, but it makes you want to savor  your notes/licks  more.

pero iba din ang tunog ng strat. a more polite/smoother sound than a tele. kumbaga ang strat, edukado mag salita at malambing, intellectual ang pananalita. ang tele prankahan! bastos at palamura at iyakin! pag nagkamali ka eh mura ang aabutin mo hehehe! may kanya kanyang sound sila. talaga lang there are certain styles na mas babagayan sila(IMO). 

bastos na tele yann ha pero love ko pa rin yan hehehehe :mrgreen: