hulika

Author Topic: Alto Mixers: Live or ZMX?  (Read 9214 times)

Offline rogy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Alto Mixers: Live or ZMX?
« on: January 05, 2016, 02:00:34 PM »
Just right after I was able to buy my active speakers, GAS hit me again. Gusto ko naman bumili ng mixer. Aside from having a great SQ (better than my Phonic), ang hinahanap ko ay yung may:

6-12 mic inputs
7-9 band graphic equalizer (preferred)
XLR main outs
Sliders sa sound levels

I saw the Alto Live 1202 and the Alto ZMX 124FXU sa JB. The salesman cannot give me a convincong explanation kung ano ang mas maganda sa dalawa. To those who have these units, kumusta and mga mixers na ito?

Kung di sila maganda, I can also stretch my budget a bit to get a Soundcraft EFX12, A&H ZED10FX (no sliders and 4 mics lang) or the Mackie Profx12 V2. I was also thinking of the Behringer Eurorack UB1832FX Pro pero may mga nabasa ako na hindi daw durable ang Behringer products. May nakita rin ako Fomix ang brand sa ibang store. Maraming features, pero hindi ko kilala ang brand na ito.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Alto Mixers: Live or ZMX?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 01:05:26 PM »

it's worthwhile to add up for the soundcraft mixers.

Offline rogy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:11:30 AM »
Thanks Sir Jef2. I did some checking on the internet yesterday and I found 2 sites that sell Soundcraft EFX mixers, Audiophile and Raon-online (Raygin). Checking the prices over the phone, cheaper ang Raygin by quite a wide margin. They also have the AD brand EFX which looks similar to the Soundcraft but at a much much lower price. For the sake of due diligence, tanong ko lang if the Soundcraft from Raygin is authentic? I'm not from Manila so I am not familiar with the stores there except for those that are mentioned here i the forum.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 12:47:05 PM »
Thanks Sir Jef2. I did some checking on the internet yesterday and I found 2 sites that sell Soundcraft EFX mixers, Audiophile and Raon-online (Raygin). Checking the prices over the phone, cheaper ang Raygin by quite a wide margin. They also have the AD brand EFX which looks similar to the Soundcraft but at a much much lower price. For the sake of due diligence, tanong ko lang if the Soundcraft from Raygin is authentic? I'm not from Manila so I am not familiar with the stores there except for those that are mentioned here i the forum.

warranty ata ang problema pag raon ka kumuha. pero may legit anman yun. check for the packaging. mahahalata naman yan agad sa unang hawak pa lang eh
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline rogy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 01:16:36 PM »
Thanks sir ralph. I'm in Mindanao so I don't have the chance to "try before you buy" that's why I would have to rely on the reputation of the stores based on comments and feedback from fellow forum members. Ang meron lang kasi dito is JB, RJ and locally owned stores. Yung price nung soundcraft dealer here is way higher than the one offered by Raygin.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »
Thanks sir ralph. I'm in Mindanao so I don't have the chance to "try before you buy" that's why I would have to rely on the reputation of the stores based on comments and feedback from fellow forum members. Ang meron lang kasi dito is JB, RJ and locally owned stores. Yung price nung soundcraft dealer here is way higher than the one offered by Raygin.

nako paps, problema nga yan. if I were you paps, I would get the ones available from JB dahil mahirap ang warratny sa kalagayan mo. if ever kumuha ka sa raygin at masira, mahihirapan ka magpaayos sa location mo :(
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline king_james

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 01:37:43 PM »
I saw and tested the ALTO mixers and IMHO, they are just at par with the Behringers or even might be lower.

Soundcraft is a proven brand whether you go for the small to large format sizes. You can't go wrong as most people say.

You can ask Audiophile if they have authorized dealers in your area (which they do for sure).

Items from Raon are mostly knock-offs.  Buy at your own risk.

Offline rogy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 01:51:23 PM »
Yes sir, they have a soundcraft dealer here, but the price difference is big. Anyway, I'll check with the other local stores here. Thanks for the heads up on the warranty/repair issues.

I tried the Alto and A&H mixers too sa JB. My interest in soundcraft is because yun ang madalas makita ko sa mga live shows sa mga malls dito.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 03:10:28 PM »
Yes sir, they have a soundcraft dealer here, but the price difference is big. Anyway, I'll check with the other local stores here. Thanks for the heads up on the warranty/repair issues.

I tried the Alto and A&H mixers too sa JB. My interest in soundcraft is because yun ang madalas makita ko sa mga live shows sa mga malls dito.

madalas, kasi nga, dependable at matibay. imho, kung gagamitin mo sa business, mag soundcraft ka na para matibay and hindi kailangang with "baby gloves" gamitin. pang baragan kumbaga

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 10:36:32 AM »

madalas, kasi nga, dependable at matibay. imho, kung gagamitin mo sa business, mag soundcraft ka na para matibay and hindi kailangang with "baby gloves" gamitin. pang baragan kumbaga

+1  :)

Offline rogy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 12:30:48 PM »
After doing some checking, my choices are now down to Soundcraft EFX8 or Preavey PV10 (or PV14). Soundcraft is generally more expensive. My decision I think would now hinge on which has the better effects on vocals. Yung old Phonic mixer na gamit ko kasi ngayon, medyo hollow and parang nasa tunnel ang boses ng singer no matter how I adjust the effects choices.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 12:35:20 PM »
After doing some checking, my choices are now down to Soundcraft EFX8 or Preavey PV10 (or PV14). Soundcraft is generally more expensive. My decision I think would now hinge on which has the better effects on vocals. Yung old Phonic mixer na gamit ko kasi ngayon, medyo hollow and parang nasa tunnel ang boses ng singer no matter how I adjust the effects choices.

soundcraft padin.

Offline rogy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 01:15:20 PM »
Parang soundcraft din ang nasa isip ko. Sa karaokescene na board, many also recommended soundcraft.

Dapat pala palitan na ang title nitong thread to Soundcraft vs Peavey.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:20:12 PM by rogy »

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 01:22:54 AM »
After doing some checking, my choices are now down to Soundcraft EFX8 or Peavey PV10 (or PV14). Soundcraft is generally more expensive. My decision I think would now hinge on which has the better effects on vocals. Yung old Phonic mixer na gamit ko kasi ngayon, medyo hollow and parang nasa tunnel ang boses ng singer no matter how I adjust the effects choices.

peavey pv mixers are not in the league of soundcraft efx mixers. it's more on the level of alto and behringer. as a matter of fact, behringer offers better effects.

Offline rogy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 10:00:32 AM »
Thanks very much guys. After reading all your advice and other posts in this forum and in other fora, I got the Soundcraft EFX8. It is actually more than enough for my hobby, but at least it is comfortable enough to have more channels when needed. I'm waiting for it to arrive today. Special thanks too to bro tjlimjoco for leading me to a reputable dealer.

Offline dragwarz05

• Netizen Level
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 12:12:10 AM »

peavey pv mixers are not in the league of soundcraft efx mixers. it's more on the level of alto and behringer. as a matter of fact, behringer offers better effects.

So your saying sir Behringer has better mixer than Alto's?

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 03:25:29 PM »

in my experience, a sounding yes.