hulika

Author Topic: Additional Threads/Boards General Suggestion Thread *merged*  (Read 155012 times)

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
Additional Threads/Boards General Suggestion Thread *merged*
« on: September 12, 2004, 05:41:29 PM »
If you have any suggestions for new forums, drop us a line here!  :D

Offline andytekken

• Netizen Level
New Forums?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 12:44:15 PM »
great site!  :D  it would be great to have a "filipino bands in the US/Can forum"  just a suggestion.

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
New Forums?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 10:13:07 PM »
Quote from: andytekken
great site!  :D  it would be great to have a "filipino bands in the US/Can forum"  just a suggestion.

Thanks Andy - we've had a "Fil-Am Bands" forum for the longest time (and that's since the original board opened way back in 2000) but it never really caught on or got a lot of messages. I had to trim a lot of quiet forums when we moved to this new software so out went that forum. I even had to trim "PinoyJazz" even though I personally love Jazz because hardly anyone was posting there.

Fil-Am bands can still be discussed in the Free For All Band Forum ... but if you still think a North-Am band forum is a good idea and can promote it, we can put it in as long as you serve as moderator/cheerleader  :D

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
New Forums?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 10:13:56 AM »
it's nice to be here! GREAT site indeed!  :D

how 'bout a Newbie Forum or Thread, where the newbies can introduce themselves or something like "your first post here" Thread. just a suggestion.

how can i upload an avatar from my computer?
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
Forum for Guitarists
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 12:09:56 PM »
can we have a forum for guitarists? as in all about guitars and guitarists?

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
New Forums?
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 07:57:45 AM »
^yeah, but i think that would fall on Music Instruments Talk.  :roll:
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
well...
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 09:27:07 AM »
what i mean is a separate forum specifically for guitarists.. who would'nt just talk about gear... but everything about the guitar.. styles, licks, lessons and everything in between...umm, guitars, guitars, guitars! :) anyway thats just a thought... hehehe

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
New Forums?
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 11:06:28 AM »
Good idea about the guitar forum - do you think you can get a lot of people to sign up for it?

Offline kamalayan

New Forums?
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 11:45:40 AM »
Quote from: pinoymusika
Good idea about the guitar forum - do you think you can get a lot of people to sign up for it?

When the yupangco forum crashed some of us focused more of our attention here sa philmusic. Ayos din po siguro ung may dedicated thread para sa mga guitarist. My two cents.

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
i think so
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 01:02:07 PM »
i think so.. that people here will sign up for a forum for guitarists... theres alot of things that can be discussed... styles...influences...lessons... at kung ano ano pa.. considering that most of the ppl who post here ( i assume ) knows how to play a guitar.. i think there are alot of guitarists here who's involved in a band.. yun lang.. ROck n Roll!

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
New Forums?
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 02:41:36 PM »
Ok Godin, I just set up the Guitarist section and rearranged some of the other forums. Now we have a section for hard core musicians and the other sections are for mainly music fans.

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
Thanks!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 05:31:40 PM »
ey, thanks.. now this is great.. it will give us mucisians much broader subjects to discuss in one forum... thanks a lot! mas malaki pa ata ito sa yamaha forum eh.. hopefully! :)

Offline ianmaspinas

• Philmusicus Noobitus
request for space for pics at buy and sell portion
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 03:42:47 PM »
pare,ok yung site for aspiring musicians and artists...suggest ko lang na sana merong option na mag upload ng photos sa buy and sell of instruments and other items...para sa mga interested buyers,kasi kadalasan hinihingi nila yung mga pics for those items...thanks! nad more power to your site!!!! Rock On!!!! :))

Offline jacaranda

New Forums?
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 12:56:57 PM »
Hello!

There are a few (im sure, there's more) Beatle Fans here, me included,

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=48050&sid=b4bb1f4f2f2d3a30b6e5f256e4ad3e8e#48050

why not a Beatle Forum? 60s music? naw, never mind.. just the Beatles..  :D

We could talk about their life and music, cover songs, famous bands w/ beatles influences, collectables, etc...?

just a thought..

Mr. Jacaranda Kite
www.razile.com
Check Out <a href="http://www.pinoybanda.com/" title="pinoy rock bands">Pinoy Rock Band</a> Profiles!
=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
http://www.pinoybanda.com  The Love You Take is Equal to The Love You Make...

Offline brianwilson

• Veteran Member
New Forums?
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 12:41:58 AM »
^Hey Jacaranda Club, feel free to start any Beatles thread. I'm with ya brotha'  :D

Offline jacaranda

New Forums?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 03:10:55 AM »
Gosh, forgot to login.. :lol:

hey, thanks brian!
there's tons of things to discuss re the beatles..
don't know where to start.. any suggestions? their music?
cover bands? cover songs? <hands shaking with excitement!  )

j
Check Out <a href="http://www.pinoybanda.com/" title="pinoy rock bands">Pinoy Rock Band</a> Profiles!
=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
http://www.pinoybanda.com  The Love You Take is Equal to The Love You Make...

Offline no_worries

• Philmusicus Noobitus
New Forums?
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 04:19:38 AM »
newbie here... :D  but i've actually been reading the forums for a few months now, finally decided to register  :roll:

--suggestion would have to be a more diverse discussion for music genres. i'm a big reggae and blues fan and it would be nice to have a thread to have discussions on these kinds of music. thanks. more power.

:D  :)  :D
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Gandhi

Offline choCo

• Netizen Level
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2005, 05:16:43 PM »
I have been try to hire Band Assistance Manager but so far not
 much feed back.

I post it on "MUSICIANS WANTED" . Just want to know do you have

any other FORUMs beside MUSICIANS WANTED. I should try?

Thank you.

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 06:39:32 PM »
Any plans?  :wink:
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline Boddhisattva

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 01:43:42 PM »
Just curious. Aren't keyboardists talkative?
Give it all you\'ve got, but slowly - Chuck Mangione

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
No forum for keyboardists?
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »
Back in the early days of the board, there were a couple of foums here no longer existing - one for keyboard players, and one about jazz. (Strangely enough it seems that the two go together). They got very little traffic back then (of course at the time, most visitors who surfed by would rather hang out in the Sex and Relationships area and not even discuss music!).

So when I reorganized the board and trimmed the topics, I retained only those topics that I thought would sustain the most interest.

Nowadays things are different, there are a lot more musicians and "serious" music fans on the board. Maybe the time is ripe to bring back

a) a Keyboardists forum
and
b) a Jazz or PinoyJazz forum

As an occassional keyboard player myself and a lifelong jazz fan, I would love to have both. Maybe then we can have some decent Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, or even Boy Katindig threads going. But I'd like to see first if there's any interest.

So I'll open the floor to votes: if either area gets at least four votes, then I'll create 'em. What do you think?

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 08:34:33 AM »
the pinoy jazz forum would be great! bring it back! :D
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline Boddhisattva

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 12:54:20 PM »
"Back in the early days of the board, there were a couple of foums here no longer existing - one for keyboard players, and one about jazz. (Strangely enough it seems that the two go together). They got very little traffic back then (of course at the time, most visitors who surfed by would rather hang out in the Sex and Relationships area and not even discuss music!). "

Thanks for the history, Pinoymusika. The keyboard forum at Yupangco has little traffic too, so i guess keeping a forum would not be effective. I would assume that keyboardists don't talk much. They just keep on playing.

On kboards &jazz, you're also correct - they go together. I have an eclectic taste but still pine for jazz and hope to get more tips and tutorials thru forums.  This link: http://www.learnjazzpiano.com - has a good educational forum.
Give it all you\'ve got, but slowly - Chuck Mangione

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 03:50:45 PM »
Quote from: progressive_pilipinas
the pinoy jazz forum would be great! bring it back! :D

Delta Slim has also been bugging me for a Blues area... Maybe we can combine the two? Pinoy Jazz and Blues? Seems that both are misunderstood forms of music (and besides theres always a lot of crossover between the two).

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 06:15:30 AM »
yes, i think that's a good idea. just combine jazz and blues. i think most of the guitarists are inclined to blues rather than jazz, but the other musicians here might be interested in jazz too so i guess it's a good way of intertwining the two musical styles into an informative and lively forum. :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20