hulika

Author Topic: Vai Hand Carried His Guitar "Bo" on a Plane and This Happened  (Read 2127 times)

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
Old news but worth reading.

Steve Vai has posted this horror story about one of his tour guitars “Bo” (named I believe after being used on the track ‘Bad Horsie’ although I could be wrong?). It’s the black mirror guitar with the LED’s in the fretboard and the Sustainer pickup that Vai uses for “Building The Church”. Anyway here is the story posted by Steve Vai himself on Facebook.

“I usually keep my guitars in a double gig bag so we can carry them on the planes. 99 percent of the time the airlines allow this but there is that one in a hundred that just says no, but they usually hand carry it and give it back by hand after the flight. Well, in the case of this airlines, I think Korean air, the guitars went under the plane. Here’s what the stuff looked like from the window of the plane when they were carting it. We actually have video of the gear getting thrown into the cart.

After the flight this is what the neck on “Bo” looked like. Snap!

http://guitarnoize.com/airline-smash-steve-vais-guitar-bo/
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Vai Hand Carried His Guitar "Bo" on a Plane and This Happened
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 01:38:23 AM »
This is why i want to buy a hiscox case for my fave axe.

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 02:45:44 AM »
makes me wary of ever bringing a guitar on a plane.

i spoke to someone in the us who'd used to work for UPS. he sadly acknowledges that stuff does get thrown around because of them trying to meet schedules, people are tired etc. Pero sana naman pag airport ibahin naman nila trato sa gamit.  :cry:
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 04:57:26 AM »
I have the same guitar but without the led lights (Vai doesnt want the production model to be as cool as his own bad horsie).

Anyways, I travelled with it one time and checked it in (Team J Craft case)... I was fine. No damage.

Feeling ko baka yung naghandle ng guitar ni Vai may galit sa kanya. hahahaa!!!!
777 posts and its over!

Online horge

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 06:31:17 AM »
Well, in the case of this airlines, I think Korean air, the guitars went under the plane.

A correction has been put out by the author:

"UPDATE: It seems I jumped to the conclusion that Korean Air was to blame when Steve clearly says “I think Korean Air”
and this has since been dissected by angry and upset Koreans who are seemingly passionate about their airline. It would
appear that one of the photos was taken in Beijing airport and maybe a Chinese airline is to blame.
Who knows, so in the interest of keeping the peace I have changed the title of this post.