hulika

Author Topic: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!  (Read 888586 times)

Offline rjthemute

Re: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!
« Reply #1125 on: May 23, 2012, 11:02:01 PM »
Dude, they were $349 all over when they came out.

Ah talaga...never saw it lower than $399 (sort of remember one site selling it for $379)...guess they raised prices fast, probably bec of the initial demand. They did the same with the Blacktop line, which was initially offered at $450.

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1126 on: May 23, 2012, 11:07:37 PM »
Ah talaga...never saw it lower than $399 (sort of remember one site selling it for $379)...guess they raised prices fast, probably bec of the initial demand. They did the same with the Blacktop line, which was initially offered at $450.

Fender raised prices twice for all of their products, sadly.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1127 on: May 28, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
NGD!!!...well not exactly new

I got this battered & bruised(repainted black) Tomson Mustang from a trade with my long overdue Ipod Video.

Now why a Tomson Mustang?...bands like Juan Pablo Dream, Identikit and even Diego Mapa used to play one. I even still have a pending project guitar at hand - but I also have this fickle obsession with the Mustang form. I've never had one before. Well at least I didn't have to pay expensively for this and got it from a trade. (justifying now)

I got this from Ryan Villena who happens to be the former drummer/founding member of Tungaw and Narda(indie bands that I've adored in the late 90's and early 2000. Tungaw's a great band...Narda's Formika & Discotillion were awesome Pinoy indie albums). He also used to play keyboards for Brownman Revival and now is a guitarist for Techy Romantics. According to him, this guitar used to be his backup guitar in gigs. Now that's the story from the previous owner. I also traced another story that there was this certain Tomson Mustang from Jugs Jugueta (Itchyworms) that was sold to a fellow forumite then repainted the guitar "black". He later sold this guitar in Sulit.com. Well I feel that this is the same guitar. So there you go...the guitar has at least has a certain rockstar history and value.

The guitar's neck feels great and I even prefer this over my Toronado. The bridge looks very alien to me and the neck pickup needs to be rewired. I'm also thinking of the best possible mod I can do to this guitar (thinking of repainting this in seafoam green or shell pink)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:43:42 PM by paltic »

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1128 on: May 28, 2012, 12:03:43 PM »
Nice score there with a history to boot!

Tungaw is an underrated band. Those guys should have been big!

I got this battered & bruised(repainted black) Tomson Mustang from a trade with my long overdue Ipod Video.

Now why a Tomson Mustang?...bands like Juan Pablo Dream, Identikit and even Diego Mapa used to play one. I even still have a pending project guitar at hand - but I also have this fickle obsession with the Mustang form. I've never had one before. Well at least I didn't have to pay expensively for this and got it from a trade. (justifying now)

I got this from Ryan Villena who happens to be the former drummer/founding member of Tungaw and Narda(indie bands that I've adored in the late 90's and early 2000. Tungaw's a great band...Narda's Formika & Discotillion were awesome Pinoy indie albums). He also used to play keyboards for Brownman Revival and now is a guitarist for Techy Romantics. According to him, this guitar used to be his backup guitar in gigs. Now that's the story from the previous owner. I also traced another story that there was this certain Tomson Mustang from Jug Jugueta (Itchyworms) that was sold to a fellow forumite then repainted the guitar "black". He later sold this guitar in Sulit.com. Well I feel that this is the same guitar. So there you go...the guitar has at least has a certain rockstar history and value.

The guitar's neck feels great and I even prefer this over my Toronado. The bridge looks very alien to me and the neck pickup needs to be rewired. I'm also thinking of the best possible mod I can do to this guitar (thinking of repainting this in seafoam green or shell pink)

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1129 on: May 28, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »
nice one nat!! welcome to the family!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1130 on: May 28, 2012, 02:53:44 PM »
Congrats sa Mustang! :D
Offset guitars for life.

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1131 on: May 28, 2012, 04:16:17 PM »
question, how do you adjust the saddles for intonation?  the rollers seem to be fixed

and can you post pics under the control plate and the pickguard? I was interested on getting one of em tomson mustangs too and mod it with a hardtail.  :-D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:20:10 PM by gunlak »
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1132 on: May 28, 2012, 04:54:52 PM »
question, how do you adjust the saddles for intonation?  the rollers seem to be fixed

and can you post pics under the control plate and the pickguard? I was interested on getting one of em tomson mustangs too and mod it with a hardtail.  :-D

sure as soon as I do the internal operation on this thing. mejo busy pa sa work at wala pang budget pampaayos. ok pa kasi, bago at kumpleto mga strings niya e kaya di ko pa ineexplore. sabi ko nga "alien" pa rin sa kin yung bridge nito. kahit nga pagpalit ng strings iniisip ko kung pano tatanggalin yung cover. quite unique for a Mustang copy.

go get one if you can find something this cheap. pwedeng panangga sa rambol at sa kuyog (di ka manghihinayang)  :-D

Offline echo_ikaw

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1133 on: May 28, 2012, 06:02:06 PM »
Nice sxore Paltic! cool history too!:) i also like Tungaw... btw hows the tone?

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1134 on: May 28, 2012, 11:00:21 PM »
Nice sxore Paltic! cool history too!:) i also like Tungaw... btw hows the tone?

ok lang typical single coil. kelangan kong ipaayos at ipa-rewire yung neck pickup

sample ng Tomson:

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1135 on: May 28, 2012, 11:51:22 PM »
^ btw thanks for the kind words and greetings offset bros!  :-D

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1136 on: May 29, 2012, 12:24:06 AM »

I got this from Ryan Villena who happens to be the former drummer/founding member of Tungaw and Narda(indie bands that I've adored in the late 90's and early 2000. Tungaw's a great band...Narda's Formika & Discotillion were awesome Pinoy indie albums). He also used to play keyboards for Brownman Revival and now is a guitarist for Techy Romantics. According to him, this guitar used to be his backup guitar in gigs. Now that's the story from the previous owner. I also traced another story that there was this certain Tomson Mustang from Jugs Jugueta (Itchyworms) that was sold to a fellow forumite then repainted the guitar "black". He later sold this guitar in Sulit.com. Well I feel that this is the same guitar. So there you go...the guitar has at least has a certain rockstar history and value.

very interesting. thanks for sharing.  :)

the bridge looks strange to me too. anyone familiar with how this bridge works? does it function or work the same way how a traditional mustang's bridge does?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1137 on: May 29, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »
very interesting. thanks for sharing.  :)

the bridge looks strange to me too. anyone familiar with how this bridge works? does it function or work the same way how a traditional mustang's bridge does?

I don't believe it does. Nat, buksan mo nga!
Offset guitars for life.

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1138 on: May 29, 2012, 12:36:35 AM »
I don't believe it does. Nat, buksan mo nga!

hmmmmm..... :cool:

+1  :razz:

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1139 on: May 29, 2012, 12:36:44 AM »
Nice piece of history you scored there, Bro paltic.

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1140 on: May 29, 2012, 12:49:19 AM »
thanks guys...sure bubuksan ko yan - soon. I'll show you the pics as soon I open this thing

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1141 on: May 29, 2012, 12:53:27 AM »
thanks guys...sure bubuksan ko yan - soon. I'll show you the pics as soon I open this thing
  :-P

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1142 on: May 30, 2012, 04:15:52 AM »
Patiently waiting for the 'banger' T********r.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1143 on: June 01, 2012, 04:27:05 PM »
Hey, guess who has Chi's Jaguar-modded Jagmaster? And guess what's going to happen to it.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1144 on: June 01, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »
Hey, guess who has Chi's Jaguar-modded Jagmaster? And guess what's going to happen to it.
yun ba yung white with tort? pics before the transformation!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1145 on: June 01, 2012, 04:52:29 PM »
yun ba yung white with tort? pics before the transformation!

Black on black Jagmaster niya with rhythm circuit and Jaguar switching. Looks like I'm ordering Surf 90s and a Jaguar bottom plate soon.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1146 on: June 01, 2012, 05:26:36 PM »
Black on black Jagmaster niya with rhythm circuit and Jaguar switching. Looks like I'm ordering Surf 90s and a Jaguar bottom plate soon.

did he include the custom made tort guard?  :-D
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline dothack

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1147 on: June 01, 2012, 08:00:13 PM »

M1's installed....M2 giveaway???

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1148 on: June 01, 2012, 10:04:14 PM »

M1's installed....M2 giveaway???

M2 pag MIJ 'no?

Also, I have mixed feelings about Chi's Jagmaster. I like it but I have a lot of servicing to do. Looks like the Fernandes is coming back to me. The person I traded the guitar with can't seem to get along with the 25.5" scale.

I AM CURSED TO KEEP THAT THING FOREVER. Lol.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1149 on: June 01, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »
I AM CURSED TO KEEP THAT THING FOREVER. Lol.

hahahahahahaha!! its a sign!!!!!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *