hulika

Author Topic: Site Upgrade *merged*  (Read 107603 times)

Offline chette

• kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan
Site Upgrade *merged*
« on: October 31, 2006, 09:55:43 AM »
Kamusta ang bagong server natin sa PhilMusic.com? Mas mabilis ba? Mas mabagal? Nakaka-receive pa rin ba kayo ng database connection errors?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:57:26 AM by chette »

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
Re: Musta bagong server natin?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 10:29:16 AM »
as of now, normal pa rin, i'll let you know pag nakareceive ako ng database error mam.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 12:41:22 PM »
sa akin down pa forbiden pa rin, gumamit lang ako ng proxy server pra maka access

suggestion lang, bakit kaya hindi nalang disable un image as signature kasi kahit paano kumakain din ng bandwidth yun? lalo na ang lalaki prang edsa :D suggestion lang naman :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 01:21:48 PM by TheEdge »
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline Direk

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 09:21:10 PM »
hi admin chette,
     thanks again for bringing back the site...pano nalang kaya kung wala ka?just to let you know,it's hard to be tagged as "forbidden" guy yesterday(30Oct06).

rgds,
Direk

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 11:43:39 PM »
wala pa po ba yung philmusic blog?  :lol:

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 12:05:15 AM »
ayus much much better... THANK YOU...
Click Here

Offline Jim Ayson

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 11:12:44 AM »
sa akin down pa forbiden pa rin, gumamit lang ako ng proxy server pra maka access

suggestion lang, bakit kaya hindi nalang disable un image as signature kasi kahit paano kumakain din ng bandwidth yun? lalo na ang lalaki prang edsa :D suggestion lang naman :)

Edge, we actually pointed the philmusic.com domain to a totally new server - this one is in California :) The old one was somewhere in the east coast. It takes about 48 hrs (ah tama ba chette) for a new domain pointer to propagate throughout the Internet. When I was trying to access the board from my office network in the morning I was still getting the "forbidden" message but on a nearby wifi hotspot, all clear.

About the signatures - it's just a matter of discipline on the part of the users - some guys just insist on putting large billboard type sigs no mater how we suggest restraint or suggest appropriate sizes (468 x 60 pixels maximum). We can ban graphics in sigs altogether though - i think that is an option in the admin section.

About bandwidth use of sigs, that doesn't affect our server because the graphics are being pulled from someplace else (imagebucket, etc.) but it does affect the board design and also the time it takes for you to download the page. 

So if everyone cooperates in reducing the size of sig graphics, all well and good. If not... well, we'll see what we can do :)
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline Jim Ayson

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »

Nope - that's a low priority at the moment. The talk.philmusic.com migration took top billing. Same thing with photos.philmusic.com - down at the moment while we upgrade the gallery software to something more current. In time, in time...

I think the main reason this board gets the attention is that when it goes down, in just 5 minutes people manage to bug us non stop through text, email, and IM to get it back up... sheesh!!  :evil:

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline Direk

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »
hi admin chette,
    this one for the new theme; WOW! as in BIGTIME!great looks indeed.

cheers,
Direk

Offline chette

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 12:57:17 PM »
Quote from: xavier

Sandale lang po ... photos muna daw :)

Offline chette

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 12:58:31 PM »
Quote from: Direk
hi admin chette,
    this one for the new theme; WOW! as in BIGTIME!great looks indeed.

Salamat, salamat!

(Di pa tapos, actually ... may mga di pa nabago sa inside pages ... unti unti na lang. Kailangan ko rin ng tulog hehe)

Offline jasperjugan

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 11:18:03 PM »
mas astig to ngayon chette!

Offline chette

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 12:44:05 PM »
mas astig to ngayon chette!

Uy Jasper! Long time!!! :)

Offline jasperjugan

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 01:50:46 PM »
haha oo nga :)

Offline JaCa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Suggestion: Time Saver
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 07:34:37 PM »
because of the addictive nature of browsing this forum, i would like to make some time saving suggestions:

1. ban thread bumping / "up"-ing - sure it puts a topic on top or on the front pages, but sayang talaga yung oras sa pag scroll ng ang haaaaaaabaaaaang "up" posts lang. other forums like philMUG (mac users group) ban bumping. concise, simple, useful, practical = efficient.

2. wag din sana mag-post ng "no added value" comments. these come in the form of "ganda naman nyan!" or "danda naman ser!" or "WOW! (with tulo laway smiley), etc. no offense meant, but better sana pag posted comments are of help, informational and educational. better for all.

3. enforce proper title-ing of topics. fictional for example lang: sa guitar classifieds: > FS: electric guitar.
yun lang. o diba sana man lang nilagyan nung model or make para may clue naman yung nagb-browse?

as of this writing i'm still at newbie status (8 posts?). but i don't mind. matagal naman na akong lurker!!! kidding aside, i don't see why others have to pad topics with ups, bumps, kung may pera lang ako posts if all it accomplishes is waste our precious time while not adding any "nutritional value" to what we devote some of our spare time to.

yun lang, just my 2 cents worth. sorry in advance if anybody gets offended. it's not my intention. just wanted to save some of our time so we can do other stuff pa... like practice para gumaling tumugtog, read books, sleep earlier, etc.
if you have something for framing...
gintong sining art center

Offline chette

Re: Suggestion: Time Saver
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »
1. ban thread bumping / "up"-ing - sure it puts a topic on top or on the front pages, but sayang talaga yung oras sa pag scroll ng ang haaaaaaabaaaaang "up" posts lang. other forums like philMUG (mac users group) ban bumping. concise, simple, useful, practical = efficient.

The suggestion has come up once in a while. But so far, the mods haven't found it too annoying yet. They'll scream when it does.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Enhanced Calendar feature?
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 09:29:07 AM »
Jim & Chette --

Right now, bdays lang ata pina-publish nito and I'm sure not all are represented.  IMO, maliit value nito.  Tsaka the people who want to greet fellow forumites already know their bdays and don't look at the calendar feature to keep track.

Instead I suggest users (artists as well as productions and clubs/bars) be allowed to input:
- gig skeds of bands/artists
- clinics, workshops, etc.
- other music related events (Rock awards, Battle of the bands, etc.)

It'd be nice if the user can provide details too:  you click a Calendar entry and it takes you to gig details in another website or a thread started by the user in the Gig announcements section. 

One benefit for the artists/bands is they can avoid better schedule their gigs and avoid overlap with artists/bands of the same genre.  Kami sa blues community di naman madalas mag-gig pero nagkakaroon pa rin ng sked conflict.  Imagine 2 blues gigs on the same night, sometimes within the same city pa!

Possible ba to?  :-)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 09:31:58 AM by deltaslim »

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
suggestion: making a new thread
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 04:12:11 AM »
suggestion lang po kapag mag make ng new thread, maglagay sana ng warning with red and/or bold text sa start a new topic window na nag sasabing: check kung meron na nga bang gumawa ng topic na balak gawin ng thread starter using search function.
just to always remind the new people and also the old ones... :-D

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: suggestion: making a new thread
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »
gusto ko yan.... saka nakalagay "dont use textspeak" or bawal ang "text" spelling..
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
If sticky threads are sticky...
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 10:23:34 PM »
then why are they only in the first page of the forum?

may napuntahan kasi akong isang forum site where yung "sticky threads" nila e talagang sticky, either page 1 or 100 eh andun.

but then again, only the R&Rs and FAQs were stickied there.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: If sticky threads are sticky...
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 10:54:04 PM »
uu nga noh!

may mga forums na pag sinabing sticky eh kahit anong page ka pa magpunta nasa unahan pa rin yung sticky thread napansin ko rin yun

:D
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 01:21:53 AM »
I think phpbb software is like that pero I'm not 100% sure. This forum uses SMF and while I think it can be done, we're not that intent on modifying a lot of things just yet, concentrating more on stability and bughunting for now.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 09:50:33 AM »
considering the # of stickies we already have in most sub-forums, i would dread having to avoid all of them by scrolling down on every page...  first page is the "best practice", IMHO.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 01:55:39 PM »
considering the # of stickies we already have in most sub-forums, i would dread having to avoid all of them by scrolling down on every page...  first page is the "best practice", IMHO.

OR

"sticky-all-pages" only the most important and LEAST read (ie Rules and Regulations) and leave the rest of the stickies in the front.

ginblue

OT - FOR Moderators
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »
Gentlemen,

I would suggest that our THREADS should be private or accessible only to registered users.
The problem about the THREAD being public to the web is, web crawlers like ones
used by google can crawl to our thread and make it readable by googlers.

This thing maybe known to you already, anyway this is just a suggestion.

Thanks

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Kaya yung mga nagpopost dyan ingat lang baka matrack-down kayo ng FBI,NBI, hackers etc. Ingat lang. Anyone can investigate about you using forums like this.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 12:07:09 PM by ginblue »