hulika

Author Topic: What this forum is about  (Read 19743 times)

Offline Jim Ayson

What this forum is about
« on: April 07, 2009, 06:59:43 AM »
Just thought I'd post a little note here to remind everyone that this section is intended for questions about Talk@PhilMusic itself - specifically the forums, and suggestions for the forums.

If you have questions about a particular musical topic - like guitar playing, bass playng ... drum playing... or how to start a band, or what amp to buy - those questions are best asked at the sections that specialize in those topics. Like GuitarCentral, the Bass Place, and all that.

So please be guided by this and post in the appropriate forums. Thanks!

jim
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
To newbies: Please read!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 08:09:40 AM »
I've been noticing an increasing number of guitar-related questions being posted in this forum.

Let's just get one thing CLEAR...

This particular forum reads: Forum Questions and Suggestions

By that title alone, it means that this particular board entertains questions and suggestions about the machinations of the forum itself, and not about guitars, or where to gig, or what to buy your loved ones this Christmas. I mean, did something get lost in the translation?

Hence, I will begin moving, without discretion or prior notice, ANY topic which does not belong to this forum, and I WILL NOT include a notification to which board it was moved. You will have to find that out for yourselves. If there are forumers who will insist on using the Forum Questions board for their unrelated topics, I will have to insist on giving them a much needed vacation.

I hope I made myself clear on this one.

Thank you, and have a Merry Xmas!
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Forum Questions & Suggestions Cleanup: UPDATES INSIDE
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 05:28:21 PM »
Just thought I'd post a little note here to remind everyone that this section is intended for questions about Talk@PhilMusic itself - specifically the forums, and suggestions for the forums.

If you have questions about a particular musical topic - like guitar playing, bass playng ... drum playing... or how to start a band, or what amp to buy - those questions are best asked at the sections that specialize in those topics. Like GuitarCentral, the Bass Place, and all that.

So please be guided by this and post in the appropriate forums. Thanks!

jim

all off-topic posts moving forward would be moved to their respective boards. PM's would be sent to the forumite as well to advise of any actions done with accordance to Philmusic.com's rules and regulations. frequent violators would be subject to suspension/temporary ban. pls be advised. :cool:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:08:05 PM by Riff_6603 »

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Forum Questions & Suggestions Cleanup In Constant Progress!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »
UPDATE: cleanup mode halfway done. existing topics whether old or new would be merged accordingly to avoid clutter. I would also be creating a thread (once done with cleanup mode) with the links to the most common questions ever asked to avoid double posts. please be advised. :idea:

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Forum Questions & Suggestions Cleanup: UPDATES INSIDE
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 10:15:16 AM »
UPDATE: cleanup mode done. :idea:

FAQ Thread:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=262073.0