hulika

Author Topic: Site Upgrade *merged*  (Read 107616 times)

Offline MrGobots

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Suggestions!
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2011, 06:28:16 PM »
bossing, you have customer serviced me. nahiya naman ako. salamat po but PM is more of a privilege to me and something a lot of us owe to Jim,  the mods and everyone else behind it. let me know when and where the BTS guys and mods have their meeting and I'll go and send you guys a few boxes of pizza or something.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

Offline jeffdejesus

• Veteran Member
15-30 days selling
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »
How about 15-30 days lang pwedng ibenta yung item, pag hindi pa nabebenta sa loob ng 15-30 days, delete ng mga mods yung thread and gawa na lang ulit ng bagong thread yung magbebenta, para lang malinis tignan yung sa selling, salamat mods
"it will stand no matter where you throw it"
Strength, Free Will, and Brotherhood.
Triskelion Honda Club of the Philippines

Offline ianhisoka47

• Veteran Member
Re: 15-30 days selling
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »
Pwede din bro. Pero mas maganda kung auto-delete ang mga unreplied threads sa Classified for the last 6 months. There mas magiging malinis ang classifieds.

Offline one_note_per_minute

Re: 15-30 days selling
« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2012, 11:46:46 AM »
Auto delete would be a good idea, but i think SMF doesn't have a capability to delete old posts  :-(
scale is poetry

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
Noob Filtering System
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2012, 12:29:27 AM »
There are just too many newbies here that blatantly disregard the forum rules and regulations (if they read them at all). What I'm proposing is that we integrate a simple form of filtering system into our registration page so newbies are forced to read and understand the rules before they can join the forum.

openkore.org (yes, I used to bot in pRO, LOL) implemented something like this a couple of years back to keep the lazy and "intellectually challenged" out of their site. These are the people who come in and bug other members to give them working codes instead of actually learning how to do it themselves and contributing to the forum.

What the openkore team did was change the "I agree" link into an underscore and put it somewhere inconspicuous in the page away from the actual registration form. They left a fake "I agree" link in place of it and clicking it opened a dialogue box that said something like "You have to read the rules from top to bottom before you can proceed." It was crude but very effective. It took me a good 10 or so minutes before I figured out what needed to be done.

Of course, we can't do the exact same thing here because I just told everyone how it works. What we can do is explore some simple variations.

Thanks for your time. Let me know what you think.
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline ianhisoka47

• Veteran Member
Re: Noob Filtering System
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2012, 12:36:35 AM »
I agree. In Pinoymtbiker forum you will wait for 5 mins before making a thread. In that 5 mins the rules and regulations are shown and you are forced to read it.

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Noob Filtering System
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2012, 01:45:18 AM »
I agree. I've been seeing a lot of posts by certain music school recruiting at every sub-forums.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline ianhisoka47

• Veteran Member
Double-post merging
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2012, 03:58:57 AM »
Mas ok po siguro kung lalagyan ang site ng ganitong function. Just like the other forums. Yung ibang forumer tamad kasi magedit ng post nila, instead na iedit ang post gagawa na lang ng panibagong post. Which is para madagdagan ang post count nila. May kinwestion din akong mod dito nung baguhan ako kasi siya mismo double poster. Sharing my thoughts. It would declog this site kapag nagkaroon nito. Especially sa classifieds, merging those up post in one post count.

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Double-post merging
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2012, 06:03:42 AM »
Mas ok po siguro kung lalagyan ang site ng ganitong function. Just like the other forums. Yung ibang forumer tamad kasi magedit ng post nila, instead na iedit ang post gagawa na lang ng panibagong post. Which is para madagdagan ang post count nila. May kinwestion din akong mod dito nung baguhan ako kasi siya mismo double poster. Sharing my thoughts. It would declog this site kapag nagkaroon nito. Especially sa classifieds, merging those up post in one post count.

that's what us mods are here for (among other things). but just to clarify, we only merge multiple posts but take out double or duplicate posts. cluttered or consolidated, at the end of the day, it still eats up bandwidth. that's why we tend to maintain new posts/threads and delete or archive old or duplicate posts re declogging the site.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
PM v.3.0 - Taking PM to the next level. Your thoughts matter!
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2012, 12:00:43 PM »
Forumers!

I had an interesting talk with Jim last night and he voiced his intention to improve and expand on PM with regards to scope, maybe even services and cross platform availability (android, iOS, et al). After brainstorming on his idea last night, I figured I would get your inputs as well.

So, without further ado, what would you like Philmusic ver.3.0 (Jim coined this) to be? Note that this is no-holds-barred, open suggestions, but I will still be trimming out unnecessary comments AFTER I receive your suggestions. Lets just say I got bigger plans for this so stay tuned.

Let the games begin!
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Taking PM to the next level.
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2012, 12:14:36 PM »
I don't think this would be possible considering the resources it might take, but it would be useful if we can upload our own sound clips here. That way, we may eliminate using third party sites.

Not everyone will gonna upload or you may limit how much data a forumer may use. So, MAYBE.  :-D
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2012, 12:16:34 PM »
a few months ago I did a usability/user experience testing on how to properly and efficiently port a "forum" site into an iOS application.. I used Philmusic as my base example and played around with it on what to port and what not to include, I did a rough sketch design of the app in a mockup screenshots.. (I posted it in the gadgetopolis section for iPhone/iPod thread):

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=89128.800

just if ever Sir Jim would pursue an iOS Application for Philmusic  :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:22:16 PM by rockophoria »
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2012, 12:21:50 PM »
I don't think this would be possible considering the resources it might take, but it would be useful if we can upload our own sound clips here. That way, we may eliminate using third party sites.

Not everyone will gonna upload or you may limit how much data a forumer may use. So, MAYBE.  :-D

this is nice! I would enjoy having my own soundclips uploaded here.. kaso I think this will require huge storage for our servers.. malaki laki kasi ang mga soundclips kahit na mababa ang bitrate kung isangdaan naman tayong mag uupload in less than an hour baka mag hang ang servers..  :-(

anyways I would suggest a better "marketplace" section, one that can have extra security for buyers and sellers.. something like it will require a forumer to spend time muna interacting with the community, have a specific post number or atleast introduced him/herself properly in the newbies section before he/she can post an ad.. actually its not that harsh, di naman lahat manloloko pero it will protect us from bogus sellers and others who want to take advantage of the system..

and another thing.. much higher penalty on trolling and extra moderation rules on ultra-nonsense topics na obviously gusto lang magparami ng post counts  :idea:

Offline pixelwise

« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2012, 12:22:15 PM »
I've been a lurking member 6 years and what kept me are the classifieds. They look and work great but how about a proper searchable catalog and doing away with the daily bumps? I have no complaints really but i do see "LF: Burny LP" right after a "FS: Burny LP".

Login with FB account ... uso ngayon :-D

Many popular 3rd-party services are embeddable.

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »
Login with FB account ... uso ngayon :-D

eto ok to, this will verify agad who the member is, he/she can have access to the marketplace section immediately.. malalaman nman kung hindi legit yung facebook profile na ginamit nya eh..

ill support the login with your facebook account.. this will lessen the "pataasan ng wiwi", "basagan" and "in-fighting" here since malalaman na kaagad kung sino ka.  :wink:

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2012, 12:46:44 PM »
FB would use/sell your personal info. Whereas PM won't :)

Semper Erectus

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »
anyways I would suggest a better "marketplace" section, one that can have extra security for buyers and sellers.. something like it will require a forumer to spend time muna interacting with the community, have a specific post number or atleast introduced him/herself properly in the newbies section before he/she can post an ad.. actually its not that harsh, di naman lahat manloloko pero it will protect us from bogus sellers and others who want to take advantage of the system..

About the marketplace, dati ko pa ito naisip, ok na ok sakin ito, yung mga seller, need to pay, para makapag benta. Pero viewing free lang. Ganung idea, pwede rin i-alter. That way, nasagot na ang malaking storage and bandwidth issue. hehehe.  :-D

Many popular 3rd-party services are embeddable.

Yes, pero di naman sa post mismo ma-embbed.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
Well, we are here to float ideas around. Like I said earlier, I got some ideas flowing, but who better than to ask the forumers themselves?

Again, this is no-holds-barred brainstorming where all ideas are welcome. We'll weed through the non-essentials later.

Keep 'em coming!
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2012, 01:22:25 PM »
For sections with materials we deem 'mature/adult', age verification can be a very good option.

Semper Erectus

Offline MrGobots

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »
better social media integration like

when you comment or post a topic it shows up on your FB timeline. and people can like and share your post. (of course this should be a feature that users can opt out of)

like and tweet buttons for every topic and post

video and soundclip embedding capability from youtube, vimeo, soundcloud, etc... on all posts

better profile pages with apps and customization options ala myspace

auto-updating forum wall. like say refereshes after 10 or 15 seconds and the new posts are shown ala facebook

payment options through site with seller feedback options.

instant messaging

jquery lightbox features ala facebook theater
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:30:44 PM by MrGobots »
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2012, 01:40:04 PM »
Nice suggestions, all!

Yes, we are looking towards better integration with multimedia and we want to provide more integrated services to all members. One thing I wouldn't like is to be another FB, of course, but we also have to keep the core of PM, which is the forums.

Keep 'em coming, folks!

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »

instant messaging

this one will be a nice feature.. something like a "livechat" window on the main page.. www.apple.ph has a live chat in their homepage.. yun nga lang baka magkulitan lang yung mga forumites pag nagka live chat sa main page.. unlike sa applei yung purpose ng livechat eh to immediately help/assist those who need to jailbreak their devices or stuck in a process/bricked their phones..

nonetheless its still a nice feature  8-)

and another thing.. lots of forum sites I frequent can also show who or how many forumites are currently "viewing" a particular thread.. it displays their name on the bottom part of each thread page.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:54:02 PM by rockophoria »

Offline MrGobots

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »
Nice suggestions, all!

Yes, we are looking towards better integration with multimedia and we want to provide more integrated services to all members. One thing I wouldn't like is to be another FB, of course, but we also have to keep the core of PM, which is the forums.

Keep 'em coming, folks!

not another FB...
PM is social media and FB has introduced features that made social interactions easier. So take those features from FB and integrate with PM then you have not just another FB but a better PM. these are very basic add-ons just to keep up with the times. wala pang breakthrough ideas...

on that note, more suggestions:

a moving navi bar (forgot what that was called) with options like Favorite sections, jump to section, new post etc...
a side box for live announcements and events calendars
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:58:57 PM by MrGobots »
- Oscar Wilde

Offline xaero

« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2012, 02:48:22 PM »
Paid ads. Marami tayo kapwa musikero/negosyante na willing mag-invest sa ganyan para mas maging visible sa members/guests yung mga kalakal nila. Yun negosyong maitulong ng Philmusic sa kanila ay bumabalik rin sa inyo. Maski maliit na halaga ay malaking bagay narin pandagdag sa pang-bayad ng hosting, domain renewal, etc.

Pwede rin mag-offer ng adspace sa mga music stores/shops. X-deal nyo nalang in the form of discounts or gift cheques na pwede nyo pa-raffle or gamiting prize sa isang contest.

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2012, 11:31:39 PM »
Tagged yung mga thread sa classifieds di ko lam ang exact term or kung pano i implement

naka kita nako neto sa isang forum

for example

FS:[insert item here]

pag click mo yung FS: or LF:

ma fi-filter sya sa FS: or LF: threads lang
mas madaling mag browse ng items sa classifieds
 :)
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria