hulika

Author Topic: Site Upgrade *merged*  (Read 107619 times)

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
Re: Taking PM to the next level.
« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2012, 01:00:20 AM »
well i was hoping there would be Phimu shows ... either an interview with a famous forumer, a band, a mod ... etc. i mean PM is its own universe

i could do it, but i would need a team... and it would be nice if i wont have to spend on everything lol

i actually was thinking of a test interview session with Matanglawin to which he agreed ... the thing is, i would need someone to hold cameras, edit the footage (adding music and all), and someone to help me with the material.

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2012, 01:02:07 AM »
ayoko nung FB idea! wala kasi akong FB, bwahahaha! at wala ring plano gumawa nun, kase malamang di ko rin buksan yun.. okay naman sakin yung present PM! pero kayo bahala, pero sana lang iconsider din yung mga taong hindi fan ng Social sites like FB and othe vanity URLS!
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »
ayoko nung FB idea! wala kasi akong FB, bwahahaha! at wala ring plano gumawa nun, kase malamang di ko rin buksan yun.. okay naman sakin yung present PM! pero kayo bahala, pero sana lang iconsider din yung mga taong hindi fan ng Social sites like FB and othe vanity URLS!

Well, we are looking for something that provides interaction in the same vein as FB, but at the same time, we want to add content.

Keep 'em coming, guys! I'm making this a sticky so it stays on top.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2012, 12:29:54 AM »
Well, we are looking for something that provides interaction in the same vein as FB, but at the same time, we want to add content.

Keep 'em coming, guys! I'm making this a sticky so it stays on top.

ah okay.. ayos yun..
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »
@rockophoria and ierofan - we are actually considering adding content and porting PM into android and iOS. You concept looks great, rockophoria! Maybe you could develop it further? brownie points to you!

Keep up with the suggestions, guys! I'll see how we can get a live chat working soon.

Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »
@rockophoria and ierofan - we are actually considering adding content and porting PM into android and iOS. You concept looks great, rockophoria! Maybe you could develop it further? brownie points to you!

Keep up with the suggestions, guys! I'll see how we can get a live chat working soon.

If only pinagbuti ko yung android ko, i might help sa pagdevelop ng android app.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »

yep thanks! ill post a complete screen mockup proposal soon..  :-D ill try to do the same with for the Android OS.

If only pinagbuti ko yung android ko, i might help sa pagdevelop ng android app.

dude can you do JQuery Mobile? we can also do a "Web App" version of the Philmusic App.. its much different sa native approach which will need XCode or Appecelerator

atleast we will have 3 versions of the App.. for Native App for iPhone and Android and Web App version for either handset.. the thing with Web App approach eh "browser based" sya at di sya magdedepend sa UI limitations nung OS.. or something like that  :-D

anyways will work on it soon  8-)
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2012, 12:07:47 AM »
well i was hoping there would be Phimu shows ... either an interview with a famous forumer, a band, a mod ... etc. i mean PM is its own universe

i could do it, but i would need a team... and it would be nice if i wont have to spend on everything lol

i actually was thinking of a test interview session with Matanglawin to which he agreed ... the thing is, i would need someone to hold cameras, edit the footage (adding music and all), and someone to help me with the material.

This is a good idea. I can help (if time permits, he he he).

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline inzsairis

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »

feedback system especially for buying and selling purposes.... :cool:

Inter spem et metum... Inter arma carita

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2012, 03:13:22 PM »

feedback system especially for buying and selling purposes.... :cool:

I think the "Karma" system works on this one? altho di ko pa talaga malaman kung paano maglagay ng plus karma or negative karma heheh  :-D

paano nga ba?

Offline haha

« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:25 PM »
Live chat is a very essential feature especially for those uber active sellers here in pm.. it could also help buyers to instantly connect with their prospects..
"My Master, Thank you for putting music in my life."

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2012, 02:01:45 AM »
A new format for posting in the classifieds. Just like the one we see at sulit dot com dot ph. Since a big part of PM is gear trading and a lot of people registered here for that reason.

Since naka-section na yung mga items, I suggest that before an ad in the classifieds section is posted, some fields would become a required field like item name/model, pricing, picture etc. to avoid incomplete and confusing ad posts. also feedback on other forumites with the seller.

A better member homepage that would give more info on the member. An optional choice for those who want their other internet accounts to be linked with their PM profile.
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2012, 12:04:48 AM »
A new format for posting in the classifieds.

actually some forum sites already upgraded their "classifieds" by creating a separate section for it that no longer resembles a "forum thread".. parang sulit.com na yung hitsura ng classifieds nila.. nakahiwalay sa threads.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2012, 09:11:21 AM »
actually some forum sites already upgraded their "classifieds" by creating a separate section for it that no longer resembles a "forum thread".. parang sulit.com na yung hitsura ng classifieds nila.. nakahiwalay sa threads.

let's just say this is part of the plan for ver.3.0 but it does involve a major rewrite to the forum software.

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »
let's just say this is part of the plan for ver.3.0 but it does involve a major rewrite to the forum software.

Indeed, altho the main purpose why other forums created a separate marketplace thread is to filter those who sell to get rid off old stuffs, sell to upgrade their stuffs from "career sellers" which they prohibited..

In our case we support career sellers too, since the only problem we always encounter in the marketplace are scammers and those who sell defective items.. So I think we can retain the same "thread style" approach but can add more features that can help both sellers and buyers from scam deals (like additional background check, grading/feedback system,valid  facebook profile page requirement etc).

Anyways will we change the overall design/look and feel of the site too? :)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2012, 03:45:19 PM »
Anyways will we change the overall design/look and feel of the site too? :)

I do believe that ver.3.0 does deserve a new look.

Offline Drummeroo

• Formerly known as "Iyan"
  • Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2012, 10:37:26 AM »
great idea! come on i move na agad!  :lol:
Nakipag 69 ako and then kakatapos lang pala niyang umebs, eh hindi ko natanong sa kanya , nasabik eh, ayun pati ebs nakain ko. Hindi ko nalang sinabi sa kanya baka ma offe

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »
To all active and budding graphics artists out there, show me your stuff! Give me some ideas on how you want PM ver.3.0 to look like.

Who knows? There may be something in it for you!

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2012, 06:06:40 PM »
To all active and budding graphics artists out there, show me your stuff! Give me some ideas on how you want PM ver.3.0 to look like.

I suggest a simplistic, minimalist approach, reminiscent of the old original Philmusic that We used to know.. :D

And as much as possible minimal changes on the UI so that we can take less burden to the developer who will modify the site, as more UI changes the more codes to be updated.. we can play around with the colors, icons for each section and an overall balanced look so that we dont take a lot of attention away from the users.

:) :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:23:53 AM by rockophoria »

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2012, 05:42:00 AM »
Live chat is a very essential feature especially for those uber active sellers here in pm.. it could also help buyers to instantly connect with their prospects..

I think the "Karma" system works on this one? altho di ko pa talaga malaman kung paano maglagay ng plus karma or negative karma heheh  :-D

paano nga ba?

We are looking at utilizing smf patch upgrades to enable and integrate social media such as chat and rep point allocation for the classifieds boards come v.3.0 - perhaps even more! :-D

something that's simply amazing if I may say.. :cute:

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »
Specifically for the classifieds section:

1. Ads that automatically expire (i.e., deleted) after a year (or some time limit), unless prompted by the user to extend. Parang sa Sulit.

2. Searching by tags, in addition to keywords. I would tag a Boss DS2, for example, with "Boss" "DS2" "pedal" and "distortion". Tagging could be limited (e.g. 5 tags) or moderated to minimize unrelated tags.

3. In the user profiles, a feature that will segregate the "topics" (started threads) stats of the user. For example, when viewing my profile, you can see that I have 5 threads created in the "Classifieds: Guitars". Now it's just one continuous list. This way, we can sort of have user "stores".

4. Segregating your bookmarked or followed threads, within your own user control panel. E.g., threads that you have followed within "Classifieds: Guitars" will be grouped together.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2012, 03:14:06 AM »
kahit embedding of videos sana :D

or if you wanna take it another step, enable the upload of pics/vids

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2012, 10:02:12 PM »
Specifically for the classifieds section:

1. Ads that automatically expire (i.e., deleted) after a year (or some time limit), unless prompted by the user to extend. Parang sa Sulit.

2. Searching by tags, in addition to keywords. I would tag a Boss DS2, for example, with "Boss" "DS2" "pedal" and "distortion". Tagging could be limited (e.g. 5 tags) or moderated to minimize unrelated tags.

3. In the user profiles, a feature that will segregate the "topics" (started threads) stats of the user. For example, when viewing my profile, you can see that I have 5 threads created in the "Classifieds: Guitars". Now it's just one continuous list. This way, we can sort of have user "stores".

4. Segregating your bookmarked or followed threads, within your own user control panel. E.g., threads that you have followed within "Classifieds: Guitars" will be grouped together.

great idea! it would make the classifieds more user-friendly for both the forumites and the mods as well. we'll look into existing upgrade patches that we could integrate to make this a reality if possible. thanks!

kahit embedding of videos sana :D

or if you wanna take it another step, enable the upload of pics/vids

we're looking at social media integration for v.3.0 so this is one possibility that we're looking at right now. keep the ideas coming guys! thanks!

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
PM v.3.0 - Taking PM to the next level. Your thoughts matter!
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2012, 10:59:30 PM »
what else would you guys like to see come v3.0? feel free to post your comments here. thanks! :wave:

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
Re: PM v.3.0 - Taking PM to the next level. Your thoughts matter!
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2012, 07:18:30 PM »
More of enhancing the rules in the Classifieds.

- Images must be embedded on the ads. This can be done using 3rd party upload sites. This is not rocket science. The upload sites have image tags and links for forum posting. It wouldn't hurt to RTFM.
- External images that requires 3rd party log-in must not be allowed. Like pictures from a private facebook album.
- External link to other ad sites must not be allowed. Example, FS: Uber Strat Guitar. Then on the body, the only contents are "just look for the details on this sulit post".
- Standardization of terms like mint, brand new condition and the likes. What is mint? What is brand new? Just let the pictures and sound speak for the item's condition.

That's all for now :)

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic