hulika

Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions on GUITARS / AMPs / PEDALS and REVIEW  (Read 1271586 times)

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Frequently Asked Questions on GUITARS / AMPs / PEDALS and REVIEW
« Reply #1500 on: May 20, 2009, 08:47:34 AM »
Basta same ohm rating, ok lang. And please use speaker cables. Not guitar cables.

Ah thanks, noted, medyo maiksi lang yung cable from speaker, kailangan extension cable  :-)

Offline saijo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1501 on: May 21, 2009, 04:03:37 AM »
i dont know if this falls through here but anyway:

1. What other makes/pedals can you fit on BCB(boss) pedal board?
2. I can't seem to find a dedicated Vox amp thread,is there an existing thread about this?im interested on their valvetronix series and AC series
These pranks are very insensitive and mean-spirited.

william251082

« Reply #1502 on: May 21, 2009, 06:37:12 AM »
May fender deluxe 90 ako, solidstate amp, yung version na walang digital junk, pede ko ba pa-mod yun to be a tube amp?
Worth it ba yun?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1503 on: May 21, 2009, 10:07:34 AM »
changed set up

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1504 on: May 21, 2009, 12:20:29 PM »
i can start with a story but thats not how i roll lol but i'll try

i was at  Guitar Center Milwaukee sunday(with preferred player card in hand and a $50 coupon) was looking at guitars, originally i was suppose to get a Fender Strat,tested a few but the only one that felt right was the used mexi fender strat in the used section(not covered by a current 12month promo) so scratch that one..tried some MIJ jacksons, really awesome built and stock duncans but $899 (700 budget..not happening) plus the maple fretboard reminded me of my builders $145 jem copies lol, tried a San Dimas Charvel..awesome! wait $899! not happening..ok schecter..active pickups..ok, but it had a rosewood fretboard..im already have a small bunch..so ok ibby prestige 1550M and 3550 FTW..$1k!!! :(...almost took a squier home hahah but i placed it down before i did something stupid..so mike(GC employee) oh we got some new 09 LTDs..and i ask if they got anything with a maple fretboard and non black finish guitar...he scouted the inventory from other stores and checked the items that just arrived..he went to stockroom pulled up a box, i saw it, it was perfect  :shock:

Then i thought it needed to be tuned since i always get that with guitars out of the box they need 1) a set up 2) and tuned..
but none of that was needed, it was already in tune, and the action was great..and im the kind of person that is really neat pick about fretwork, jumbo nice..but whats better is rounded of frets..similar to what an MIJ fujgen or MIK world made Ibby..

but the all this goodness was worked by CHINA..really cool quality by a mass produced instrument, it also has a volute which i really dont mind at all

has a floyd rose special trem, was setup right out of the box, paralled to the body..neat!

pickups arent that bad, alot better than stock INF's from ibbys in this price range (09 indo RG's are far from this one)
the mid pickup is ok but might change these after getting tired of it lol (Guitarheads  :twisted: )

the maple fretboard doesnt feel cheap at all, neck is really sturdy and has a similar roundness to my 1608 j.custom, there arent any bad fret work on the neck i gave it a close inspection, the body is basswood so the coating on this finish is similar to a modern prestige ibby, just enough for the gloss and enough for the wood to breathe, the Quilt top is a plus, veneer on the headstock is well done, no uneven finishing. tuners work doesnt feel cheap,

bottom line is, a very affordable guitar with alot of potential

next phases are:
change tone capacitor
might consider changing the pickups after a month :D

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1505 on: May 21, 2009, 06:27:39 PM »
i can start with a story but thats not how i roll lol but i'll try

i was at  Guitar Center Milwaukee sunday(with preferred player card in hand and a $50 coupon) was looking at guitars, originally i was suppose to get a Fender Strat,tested a few but the only one that felt right was the used mexi fender strat in the used section(not covered by a current 12month promo) so scratch that one..tried some MIJ jacksons, really awesome built and stock duncans but $899 (700 budget..not happening) plus the maple fretboard reminded me of my builders $145 jem copies lol, tried a San Dimas Charvel..awesome! wait $899! not happening..ok schecter..active pickups..ok, but it had a rosewood fretboard..im already have a small bunch..so ok ibby prestige 1550M and 3550 FTW..$1k!!! :(...almost took a squier home hahah but i placed it down before i did something stupid..so mike(GC employee) oh we got some new 09 LTDs..and i ask if they got anything with a maple fretboard and non black finish guitar...he scouted the inventory from other stores and checked the items that just arrived..he went to stockroom pulled up a box, i saw it, it was perfect  :shock:

Then i thought it needed to be tuned since i always get that with guitars out of the box they need 1) a set up 2) and tuned..
but none of that was needed, it was already in tune, and the action was great..and im the kind of person that is really neat pick about fretwork, jumbo nice..but whats better is rounded of frets..similar to what an MIJ fujgen or MIK world made Ibby..

but the all this goodness was worked by CHINA..really cool quality by a mass produced instrument, it also has a volute which i really dont mind at all

has a floyd rose special trem, was setup right out of the box, paralled to the body..neat!

pickups arent that bad, alot better than stock INF's from ibbys in this price range (09 indo RG's are far from this one)
the mid pickup is ok but might change these after getting tired of it lol (Guitarheads  :twisted: )

the maple fretboard doesnt feel cheap at all, neck is really sturdy and has a similar roundness to my 1608 j.custom, there arent any bad fret work on the neck i gave it a close inspection, the body is basswood so the coating on this finish is similar to a modern prestige ibby, just enough for the gloss and enough for the wood to breathe, the Quilt top is a plus, veneer on the headstock is well done, no uneven finishing. tuners work doesnt feel cheap,

bottom line is, a very affordable guitar with alot of potential

next phases are:
change tone capacitor
might consider changing the pickups after a month :D

well said.

a very inspiring read!!

two thumbs up!!!

RIVETING!  ALMOST GOT ME OFF MY FEET!

exasperatingly awesome :-D :-D :-D

seriously, a nice review of the instrument and the gas that is all about!! a start of LTD/ESP's i suppose. having infatuated with the ibby's and constantly craving for flamedtops, i bet you find a cross breed of the two in these ltds and esps doncha think?! :-D :? :-D it spells gas in all directions :evil: :evil:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:30:50 PM by faceless »
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline meotron

« Reply #1506 on: May 21, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »
Mga sir pwede lang bang maginstall ng emg(81) pickup sa lefty guitars?Thanks! :-D

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1507 on: May 21, 2009, 10:17:27 PM »
well said.

a very inspiring read!!

two thumbs up!!!

RIVETING!  ALMOST GOT ME OFF MY FEET!

exasperatingly awesome :-D :-D :-D

seriously, a nice review of the instrument and the gas that is all about!! a start of LTD/ESP's i suppose. having infatuated with the ibby's and constantly craving for flamedtops, i bet you find a cross breed of the two in these ltds and esps doncha think?! :-D :? :-D it spells gas in all directions :evil: :evil:

i wonder how an RG(not RGA) with a sculpted top looks like hmm

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1508 on: May 26, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
ask ko lang kung ok ba yung one spot adaptor para sa yamaha magic stomp ko?
yung previous owner kasi gumagamit pa siya ng step down transformer para lang magamit yung item 110 kasi...
ayaw ko naman magdala ng transformer sa gig, hassle na kasi yun...
nabanggit kasi sakin na yung one spot kahit anong voltage pa nung item napopowerup niya...

*ang gulo ng mga sinabi ko... sensya na...*
 :-D

eto na lang...
one spot or magpacustom na lang ako ng powersupply para sa magic stomp ko?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:15:43 PM by haxo55 »
Quote from: Philmusic.com
News:
oh yeah, our search engine is powered by Chuck Norris as well

Offline still

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1509 on: May 26, 2009, 11:45:17 PM »
what distortion u preffer? kung gusto ko ng heavy ang soung pero less fuzz and rigs i want a heavy and clear sound,,,,,

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1510 on: May 27, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »
ask ko lang kung ok ba yung one spot adaptor para sa yamaha magic stomp ko?
yung previous owner kasi gumagamit pa siya ng step down transformer para lang magamit yung item 110 kasi...
ayaw ko naman magdala ng transformer sa gig, hassle na kasi yun...
nabanggit kasi sakin na yung one spot kahit anong voltage pa nung item napopowerup niya...

*ang gulo ng mga sinabi ko... sensya na...*
 :-D

eto na lang...
one spot or magpacustom na lang ako ng powersupply para sa magic stomp ko?

kung magic stomp lang dala mo, one spot,
kung madaming pedals, custom psu  :lol:

Offline diaboliche

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1511 on: June 01, 2009, 10:24:23 AM »
Mga sir ask ko lang po if anong magandang brand ng gauge 22 stranded wire ang maganda?  :-)

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1512 on: June 01, 2009, 04:29:38 PM »
iniisip ko kung papa-repair ko gitara ko or bibili ng bago.

yung sira ng gitara ko is: intonation, nut, selector, volume pot

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1513 on: June 02, 2009, 12:10:04 AM »
iniisip ko kung papa-repair ko gitara ko or bibili ng bago.

yung sira ng gitara ko is: intonation, nut, selector, volume pot

have it fixed, and those are easy to fix..

Offline pjrodz

Capacitors for guitar tone pots
« Reply #1514 on: June 05, 2009, 04:10:57 PM »
Where do you buy the capacitors for your tone pots(.022/.047)? any guidelines/tips when buying tone caps? what are the things to look out for? thanks!  :-)

Btw, I'm gonna use it in my Epi SG. Thanks again!

Offline pjrodz

Re: Capacitors for guitar tone pots
« Reply #1515 on: June 08, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »
anyone?  :?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1516 on: June 08, 2009, 10:42:08 AM »
hey i use orange drop caps on mine .022s and .047, some have their own preference, there is no ultimate tone cap AFAIK  :-)

Offline guitbox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1517 on: June 08, 2009, 10:46:38 AM »
bought mine from jmorrero.

try mo classifieds and local luthiers.
My passion comes from my Jesus...

Offline pjrodz

« Reply #1518 on: June 09, 2009, 09:58:32 PM »
thanks guys! any other feedbacks?  :-)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1519 on: June 09, 2009, 10:45:16 PM »
RS guitarworks use .015 for the neck and .022 for the bridge.   :-)  Here's a link to an upgrade kit for an SG.

http://www.rsguitarworks.net/rsstore/product_info.php?cPath=31_60&products_id=415
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline solicitor_general02

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1520 on: June 11, 2009, 08:41:22 AM »
ask ko lang po anu ba standard gauge ng guitar strings?  may issue kasi yung guitar ko. nakasetup ng low action kaso may sayad sa strings nung nagtanong ko      sabi baka sa strings lang. im currently using gauge 9 strings. anu ba ang tamang gauge para macure yung intonation at yung "sayad" problem sa fret. pls help guys!
 :-D :-D :-D
“the first thing we do, is kill all the lawyers” SHAKESPEARE

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1521 on: June 12, 2009, 06:27:55 PM »
ask ko lang po anu ba standard gauge ng guitar strings?  may issue kasi yung guitar ko. nakasetup ng low action kaso may sayad sa strings nung nagtanong ko      sabi baka sa strings lang. im currently using gauge 9 strings. anu ba ang tamang gauge para macure yung intonation at yung "sayad" problem sa fret. pls help guys!
 :-D :-D :-D

here's my POV, i don't think there's a standard gauge on strings for yer guitar. its a matter of preference, musical style, tuning and comfort. it all depends on a lot of things really, i use different gauges and it all would depend on the musical style i play. like stringing a custom gauge of .10-.60 or .10-52 on one of my axes would mean i am gonna use it for heavy stuff, for a low tuning of drop B or drop C. or i string one of them with .10-.46 (standard gauge) for standard tuning.

now if you know where you're at, comfort/tuning and musical style, then choose the best gauge that will suit everything. changing string gauges also would require setting up your guitar-intonation/action/trussrod to compensate the newly installed strings.

as for your question on your guitar having low action @.9gauge , i think you'l need to check if your action's too low. you can always raise it a bit, then check if the buzz's killed. otherwise, its either a trussrod issue or fret leveling thingy.

did you use the same gauge of strings before encountering the buzz on your guitar? if yes, then change the .9's to whatever your guitar was set up for.

if all else fails, then buy new sets of strings that you think will be good enuff for ur style of playing then have it setup professionally or diy! :-D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 11:37:27 AM by faceless »
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline DrDeathRNMD98

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1522 on: June 14, 2009, 12:19:11 PM »
guys

san po bilihan ng mga dc chains? customized lang ba ang mga to or pwede available ang mga to sa mga music stores?

Offline Daemon Transmission

« Reply #1523 on: June 20, 2009, 03:22:16 AM »
I have a really bad GAS attack for an Epi Valve Jr, sana matatapos na ang episode na ito ngayong sweldo sa katapusan pero nakita ko to http://www.andertons.co.uk/Products/Product.asp?id=11900 bwisit talaga!
Meron na bang naka try dito?? Anak ng... junior na lang sana e lumabas pa si tatay.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 03:25:08 AM by Daemon Transmission »
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1524 on: June 21, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
may dealer ba ng Schecter guitars dito sa pinas? what do you think of them?

any other .09s string users here? hehe