hulika

Author Topic: LET'S JAM !!! - Blues/Gospel Style  (Read 10698 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: LET'S JAM !!! - Blues/Gospel Style
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
yes it is soooo humble..... NOT!!!  :-D

Guys....pay attention to Joric's take..... thats how it is suppose to be done.
the lines ..... the accents .... the dynamics..... it has ooomph ..... SOUL....that's how you play the blues.

Whew!!! bow na bow ako sa yo , my friend. ....excellent take. clap clap clap

I bet the "guitar face" was also undescribable.  :-D

uy, sobra ka bai!  i don't know that any one way is "how it's supposed to be done".  ang daming diskarte pwd rito.  i enjoyed and picked up something from everyone else's take so far - mga masarap pero di ko naisip gawin.

pero thanks for the compliments. especially yung mga nag comment na parang singer or gospel church ang dating, that's really what it's all about for me. tenkyu... tenkyu very much...   :-D

i wanna hear more takes... (paging, vjoe, perf, sushi, etc.).

Offline swinger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
ang gagaling nyo mga sir! :-)

subok lang to' mga senior http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=696426&songID=5941474

salamat sa pakikinig!

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »
EDIT: It's a standard 8-bar thingie in the key of D, with a bridge in G.

/ D - A - / ? G (sub?) - G#dim - / D B7 / E7 A7 / D (turnaround) /

Ang nagpahirap dito ung chord subs pero I'm sure you'd recognize the form from other more popular tunes.

Thanks bro. I might give it a shot on the weekend, if I find my way around it. Still familiarizing myself with 8-bar... nasanay masyado sa 12-bar! :oops:

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 11:57:38 AM »
here are my humble takes. sorry, wala ako maisip new ideas.

Take 1:  Flesh (no pick) on Tokai Strat and SFPR, set clean (3 on vol). No pedals. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=398267&songID=5938674

Take 2:  Flesh and glass slide. Orville by Gibson SG and SFPR, set clean (3 on vol). No pedals. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=398267&songID=5938723

galeng... full of emotions!, five tumbs up for you Master Joric!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 01:10:43 PM »

galeng... full of emotions!, five tumbs up for you Master Joric!

wow - ang dami mong thumbs!  tnx, bro chito.

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 03:37:25 PM »
ganda nung take ni sir joric. i love the tone nung unang take. hindi ko pa napapakinggan isa. ganda!!! pakinggan ko pa yung iba. subukan ko mag post kung kaya ng powers ko haha!

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 08:54:11 AM »
Up up up....

Gaganda ng mga takes.... :lol:

Grrrr cant find the time to do my take....  :x

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline andrton

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 05:04:13 PM »
Up up up....

Gaganda ng mga takes.... :lol:

Grrrr cant find the time to do my take....  :x

gawa ka kuya john...dali dali... :-D

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 07:38:05 PM »
After that Slide Masterclass from Joric, I cant help but follow his suit... kaya eto, slide take din, not as good as Joric's but what the heck..

sorry  for the clams...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=441705&songID=5949449

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 10:16:55 PM »
waaaahhhh kainis hindi ko maisingit ito bad trip. trip na trip ko panaman itong BT na ito!!!  :?

10 songs to study for tommorow night's gig ngayun ko palang nakuha study cd and bukas din yung pedal roundup sa katipunan hay sana nxt week maka gawa na ako ng take ko haaaay....

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2007, 07:23:45 AM »
After that Slide Masterclass from Joric, I cant help but follow his suit... kaya eto, slide take din, not as good as Joric's but what the heck..

sorry  for the clams...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=441705&songID=5949449

ei sonny!  kewl take - ur getting better at slide!  ganda ng tone mo, parang pro record, mas maganda pa dun sa akin. :-)

if you dont mind me sharing a few comments/pointers (others can take what they will from these suggestions):

- improve mo pa ung string-to-string control mo. i don't know if sinadya mo ung ibang 'out' notes but i'm pretty sure they were laying there under the slide.  minsan kasi minor tonality pero major chord nagtutunog dahil tinatamaan mo ung major 3rd.  sa slide, you will often have to navigate the strings on almost not per note basis, hindi pwd lumaro parati sa easily available block chords.

- be more conscious of the harmony and the theme and melodic ideas it seems to suggest.  mas markado ung take mo if you highlight key themes or melodic ideas and develop them into one flowing 'story'. 

- like a good story writer, try to incorporate elements to structure your story w/ a beginning, then conflict, leading to a climax, and then resolution.  doing this includes more use of dynamics as well (loudness/softness, space and speed or  # of notes)

- i know it's hard not to do since, after all, it's called "slide" but don't over-rely on long slid notes.  kailangan may variety: short staccato notes vs. long slid notes make the listener appreciate both more.  also, don't always strike and slide to a target note.  try striking once and then doing your whole melodic line or lick with that one sustaining string.  mas may vocal quality.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2007, 07:57:12 AM »
uy uy salamat sa comments at pointers Joric!

actually naubusan na ko ng idea sa gitna.. haba pala nitong bt na to lolz

agree ako sa string control... hirap imute yung ibang strings. as for the major and minor scale mix up...
i was employing yung D major scale/penta sa main progression...don sa turn around naman, i was alternating from the D minor penta at D mixolydian(which explains the major 3rd on some parts)... but yung nga, in the end, i ran out of ideas.. so i just wing it para matapos lang, sakit na wrist ko e.

i liked the last point na nilagay mo...id incorporate that for sure next time.

as for the recording gear... its the amp i think that made that tone.naka connect straight from the balanced XLR out ng amp to the soundcard lang yan. OD1 channel and reverb lang nung traynor amp ko.

tnx ulit bro!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2007, 09:27:20 AM »
ei sonny!  kewl take - ur getting better at slide!  ganda ng tone mo, parang pro record, mas maganda pa dun sa akin. :-)

if you dont mind me sharing a few comments/pointers (others can take what they will from these suggestions):

- improve mo pa ung string-to-string control mo. i don't know if sinadya mo ung ibang 'out' notes but i'm pretty sure they were laying there under the slide.  minsan kasi minor tonality pero major chord nagtutunog dahil tinatamaan mo ung major 3rd.  sa slide, you will often have to navigate the strings on almost not per note basis, hindi pwd lumaro parati sa easily available block chords.

- be more conscious of the harmony and the theme and melodic ideas it seems to suggest.  mas markado ung take mo if you highlight key themes or melodic ideas and develop them into one flowing 'story'. 

- like a good story writer, try to incorporate elements to structure your story w/ a beginning, then conflict, leading to a climax, and then resolution.  doing this includes more use of dynamics as well (loudness/softness, space and speed or  # of notes)

- i know it's hard not to do since, after all, it's called "slide" but don't over-rely on long slid notes.  kailangan may variety: short staccato notes vs. long slid notes make the listener appreciate both more.  also, don't always strike and slide to a target note.  try striking once and then doing your whole melodic line or lick with that one sustaining string.  mas may vocal quality.

....uy .... learned a lot ...... thank you..... might as well study a bit of slide.....which one should I buy? which material is the best and easy on the fretboard.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2007, 09:43:54 AM »
....uy .... learned a lot ...... thank you..... might as well study a bit of slide.....which one should I buy? which material is the best and easy on the fretboard.

those easily available thick-wall pyrex/glass slides from Dunlop are a good choice. they're light, tough and sound good naman for electric. just find the right size for your finger. 

if you want to 'upgrade' your tone later, those true glass wine bottle slides are the best, IMO. but heavier and harder to use.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2007, 06:10:34 PM »
Gagaling naman!

Salute, Joric and Sonny. Slide massuhs!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2007, 04:57:06 PM »
decided to do a "one taker" using a strat and my Carvin Legacy.

....who says Vai's amp cannot do blues tone.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=462734&songID=5960915

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2007, 09:57:54 AM »
Waaaaahhhh bad trip ngyun na may oras na ako nasira naman yung guitara ko bwesit!!!!

nag sasayad nung isang gabi sa dirt pedal roundup EB!!!!! Gigil na gigil na ako sa BT na ito, ito yung Favorite BT ko ni Phil.... Refret muna k doc jon hehehe....

3-4 days pa tagal haaaay!!!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2007, 11:23:44 AM »
Gagaling naman!

Salute, Joric and Sonny. Slide massuhs!

Salute ka dyan... Asan ang iyo!?!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2007, 11:35:30 AM »
decided to do a "one taker" using a strat and my Carvin Legacy.

....who says Vai's amp cannot do blues tone.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=462734&songID=5960915

WOW!  This is the best one and my favorite of all your work, Phil.  Galeng ng lines - mas swak sa BT.  I especially like the ending - talagang may climax, and after the break, may scale ka na ginamit na ang sarap.  Ewan ko kung ano yun, pero ang sarap, parang jazzy ending e.

I prefer your 335 tone pero ok din yang tone ng Legacy. Nagiba approach mo dahil sa tone - mas gigil.

Waaaaahhhh bad trip ngyun na may oras na ako nasira naman yung guitara ko bwesit!!!!

nag sasayad nung isang gabi sa dirt pedal roundup EB!!!!! Gigil na gigil na ako sa BT na ito, ito yung Favorite BT ko ni Phil.... Refret muna k doc jon hehehe....

3-4 days pa tagal haaaay!!!

I'm waiting for your take bro.  Baka naman naghahanda ka na naman ng pamatay na areglo ha?  Dyaske, laos na naman kami nito...  :-D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
....- talagang may climax, and after the break, may scale ka na ginamit na ang sarap.  Ewan ko kung ano yun, pero ang sarap, parang jazzy ending e

...tenk you......di ko rin alam yung scale.  :-D

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 11:26:37 AM »

I'm waiting for your take bro.  Baka naman naghahanda ka na naman ng pamatay na areglo ha?  Dyaske, laos na naman kami nito...  :-D

Uy d naman....

Kakatapos ko lang magawa yung take ko sobrang tuwa ko dito sa BT naka one take ako hehehe....

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 07:44:36 PM »
why can't i play like that??? :-D

Anyenye eh grabe ka nga jan tumogs eh natutulala nga ako sa inyong dalwa ni Psychic_sushi nung nag jam tyo eh.....  :-D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2007, 05:52:32 AM »
Finally got to do my take....

Here's a one taker....

my favorite BT!!!!  :-D

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=5982560&q=hi

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=717148
...nice one bluenote..... rundown on your gear? I can hear the "gigil".
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 05:58:47 AM by Phil »

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2007, 08:17:06 AM »
...nice one bluenote..... rundown on your gear? I can hear the "gigil".

Thanks Phil...

My strat - Hikari Comp - Fender Pro Reverb....

I love this BT of yours!!!  :-D