hulika

Author Topic: Help! Recording with Fender Mustang Amp  (Read 4942 times)

Offline maxis_me

• Veteran Member
Help! Recording with Fender Mustang Amp
« on: May 08, 2013, 10:20:31 PM »
I need help. I recently bought a Fender Mustang I amp. It came with Fender Fuse, Ableton Live 8 and Fender Amplitube LE. I've installed everything, including the Fender Universal ASIO. I've read the manual for each software but I can't manage to record properly via USB. I've tried using Mixcraft 8 but i find it difficult switching from ASIO to my soundcard, cause apparently ASIO doesn't allow you to monitor using my laptop's speakers.

So my question is, how do I setup my Ableton Live to record my Mustang Amp? What's the proper setup for me to get a decent recording?

And according to Amplitube, it says that it can be used as a plugin for Ableton, how do i do that exactly? Iba kasi yung nasa manual ng Amplitube at ng Ableton on setting up plugins.

And please, don't say that I should just buy a mic and a mixer to save me the hassle of recording cause honestly, I don't have the money to invest in proper recording equipment that's why i want to make the most of what I already bought. But don't worry, I do plan to invest in those, just not now.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Help! Recording with Fender Mustang Amp
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:56:46 AM »
Set audio drivers to ASIO.

You monitor thru your amp, not the laptop speakers.  Best to use headphones.

Offline maxis_me

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:36:41 AM »
Ang problem ko sir is how do I multi track kung di ko mamonitor yung sound ko? I mean I have midi drum and bass parts, di ko mapatungan ng guitar parts kasi nacacancel yung output ko kapag naka ASIO na yung software.

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »
You can assign your audio output to the Fender Mustang.

Offline el.sol

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »
i used to have the same problem. prob ng driver it only runs sa 32bit na xa so i installed an asio4all instead set audio to ASIO and boom! btw im using reaper
successful transactions with:
teleclem, gandydancer, rockhouse, Prank_sinatra, freak. Mr Pentatonic. pinkybrief, brown, gnokee, RockaRolla, ranjin, Swastika/Cheston Uy, bhajo, pao2pao16, pee, NovidJaff. hoihose,rockhouse, jamesplaysguitar, andrew_O_O,etc

Offline maxis_me

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 04:59:41 PM »
^sir pwede paelaborate yung setup nyo po? i'm willing to try other options and programs.

Offline peter.6strings

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 05:11:15 PM »
Try Reaper and Audicity.
I use it to record with my mustang amp.

Offline el.sol

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 02:16:05 PM »
^sir pwede paelaborate yung setup nyo po? i'm willing to try other options and programs.

regarding the mustang, i only used it once just to try kung pano mag work. however, im using a tascam us1800+reaper and i prefer plugin amps and mic'd amp rather than using the fender mustang's builtin preamps. :-D
successful transactions with:
teleclem, gandydancer, rockhouse, Prank_sinatra, freak. Mr Pentatonic. pinkybrief, brown, gnokee, RockaRolla, ranjin, Swastika/Cheston Uy, bhajo, pao2pao16, pee, NovidJaff. hoihose,rockhouse, jamesplaysguitar, andrew_O_O,etc

Offline julsam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 01:24:12 PM »
Ang problem ko sir is how do I multi track kung di ko mamonitor yung sound ko? I mean I have midi drum and bass parts, di ko mapatungan ng guitar parts kasi nacacancel yung output ko kapag naka ASIO na yung software.

I use reaper (1st version, yung free). Works perfectly, though I'm still having a hard time getting the sound I want. pero way better than USB link.

1st: di kaya mag monitor ng Fender Mustang Amp I (with other tracks, pwede lang lumabas na sound yung from the guitar) so ang ginawa ko:

Installed Fender Universal ASIO -> set the Reaper Preference to Fender Universal Asio/Mustang Amp as input, output sa built-in laptop speakers

Offline maxis_me

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »
^ Yes sir, ganyan din ginagawa ko ngayon. I now use Reaper 64x and ASIO4ALL. What I do is open Reaper, set my preference to ASIO4ALL then set Fender Mustang to input then my soundcard as output. I then use a 1/8" to 1/8" jack to connect my laptop to the aux input of the Mustang Amp that way i get to monitor both my guitar and the backing tracks using only the Mustang.  :mrgreen: